***** The Division - Xbox one *****

127,600 Views | 1376 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by wee_ag
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I know it's been mentioned before, but I can't find it - where are the best places to buy the HE weapon plans?
the BoO upstairs (phoenix credits), DZ03 (DZ credits) and DZ 06 (DZ Credits).

here is a good website with all the DZ and BoO vendors, and costs http://darkzoned.com/

I used to recommend buying a vector first thing, but since they moved the Navy MP5 to the Base of Operations, i would recommend buying that instead. it's 153 Phoenix Credits, so just run several challenge modes. If you're not strong enough to run challenge mode, have some friends carry you, or just run the daily hard mode every day until you have enough.

After the MP5, buy the extended mag and craft a few until you get a good roll. I prefer one with increased ammo and increased rate of fire, some people prefer increased stability. whatever you prefer.

After that, i bought some performance modes. All of my gear is either stamina or firearms based. Then i craft and tack on performance mods for more stats.
jeffk
AG
Thanks!
TexasAggie_02
AG
also, when looking at gear mods, i tend to stay away from increased accuracy. It will inflate your DPS, but it's kind of a phony number.

Accuracy is basically saying that if the gun was locked in a vice, every bullet would land in the same spot. But your gun is not locked in a vice. Sure, it will help out some if that is all you've got (accuracy is even a bigger waste on marksman rifles, as the rate of fire on them is much lower than an AR or SMG). A much better stat to roll is stability or horizontal stability. Stability will help keep your gun from bouncing all over the place. Accuracy doesn't do you any good if the gun has poor stability.
thaed137
AG
That may be the case if you are talking about a sub-machine gun up close, but I find accuracy to be very valuable as well. If you are going for head shots, a gun with low accuracy could miss half the shots with ease depending on distance if not more. I've had snipers that, because I thought I didn't need accuracy, their cone of fire at long distance made hitting a head shot just a roll of luck than skill. I typically equip mods that have both and try to balance it out.

Not saying you are wrong if it works for you, that is just what I have seen when I have done it.
E
AG
From what I've noticed, accuracy is a big help on SMGs and Assualt rifles
TexasAggie_02
AG
meh, accuracy doesn't really help if the stability is low. between the two, i would take stability first.
TonsterPS
AG
Last night was awesome; got some sweet, sweet loot thanks to the Falcon Lost glitch...even though it took forever thanks to Mike.
CRM1712
AG
quote:
Last night was awesome; got some sweet, sweet loot thanks to the Falcon Lost glitch...even though it took forever thanks to Mike.
Mike was eating ice cream and watching sportcenter during the whole deal. "I swear guys, my skills are glitched and not working"

I kid, I kid...but I've been paying for that late night today.
thaed137
AG
Can we make the rule that if you are using a glitch or something to actually detail what it is and what it accomplishes?

I guess the run through wall is the way that lets you shoot the APC with no waves appearing?
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Can we make the rule that if you are using a glitch or something to actually detail what it is and what it accomplishes?

I guess the run through wall is the way that lets you shoot the APC with no waves appearing?
when you get to that part, the enemy NPCs are shooting at the friendly NPCs. the trigger for them to shoot at you is by opening the door. If you do not open the door, but instead glitch thru the wall, the enemies will not shoot at you, b/c the AI hasn't been triggered yet.

So now you are free to shoot the APC with sticky bombs until it blows up.

Back on tuesday, you could actually shoot it with bullets and deal damage, but that was patched. Sticky bombs deal "exotic" damage and were thus not affected by the patch.

Doing the glitch does require you to have a skill build, just throw whatever armor/mods you have that give skill power, and run triage healing skill that boosts your cooldowns by 15%
TexasAggie_02
AG
looks like cheese is getting patched in 45 mins

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1434010-Changelog-April-15-2016-Maintenance

Falcon Lost

• Fixed an exploit where players could attack the APC without triggering new waves of NPC
  • Fixed a bug where the Weekly Reward for Falcon Lost was not granted correctly

Missing characters

• Fixed a bug on Xbox One where players could no longer see their characters. Please note that in order to fix this issue, we restored the account data of the affected players to that of April 12, 12pm CEST | 6am EDT | 3am PDT
Kampfers
AG
re the exploit:
quote:
"We are working on fixing the exploit. Obviously it is against our Code of Conduct and the team is looking into what can be done in terms of punishment for those who have exploited."

TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
re the exploit:
quote:
"We are working on fixing the exploit. Obviously it is against our Code of Conduct and the team is looking into what can be done in terms of punishment for those who have exploited."

there will be a sh*tstorm if they "do" anything.

No where in the Division software/packaging is a listed Terms of Service. You have to go to UbiSoft's website to find it.

Actual PC hackers only got 3 day bans. Console glitch users are not loading malicious code into the game, they are utilizing in-game mechanics to their advantage.

Actual Massive employees have used exploits on their official twitch stream (paramedic/police backpack swapping, mask rehabilitation, and chest plate reckless).

They will get hate the likes they have never seen if they punish people for "beta testing" their game for them.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
quote:
Note that now all lvl 30's are not in the same DZ anymore. You are now split based upon your gear level to prevent someone with like a 200+ gear level and a 120 gear level form being in the same DZ. He can still play with you but has to go to the group and select to go into the higher up DZ to roll with you guys just as if he was not a level 30 yet.
You can go back and forth. You just have to re-gear to lower your GS.
Madmarttigan
AG
If I get banned for using the exploit I really wouldn't care. This games loot system needs work, and it also struggles with keeping it fun for both team players and those that want to go solo. The beauty of games like diablo, torchlight, and other loot grinds is you can go at it solo or in a group and everything is just as rewarding.

This game is all about looking for the next glitch because their loot system sucks, and this latest patch is just the same **** in a new skin.
jr15aggie
AG
Finally played the incursion tonight with a group of highly ranked Aggies...and it sucked donkey balls!
Madmarttigan
AG
I blame all of you for buying a season pass, but I especially blame pilmer.

This game... sigh*... I really did love it for a while, then it became more repetitive than anything I've ever played before.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
It's an RPG bros.
jeffk
AG
Gear score up above 160 thank to some help from some Ags last night.

Invested in a HE submachine gun and that thing just cuts through folks.
jeffk
AG
Also, as I was running all over Manhattan collecting cell phones and trying to fix glitchy echoes, it occurred to me that I'm just wasting gained exp. Should I wait until they raise the cap level to finish up all the extra side stuff?
MaroonStain
AG
Zombies are next...
wee_ag
AG
quote:
Also, as I was running all over Manhattan collecting cell phones and trying to fix glitchy echoes, it occurred to me that I'm just wasting gained exp. Should I wait until they raise the cap level to finish up all the extra side stuff?
I'm thinking the same thing.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

I didn't care... The OCD side of me had to get them all. I was way slower to 30 than I should have been because of it. But guess who doesn't have cell phone and missing agent symbols all over his map.... THIS GUY!

My map.... It's so clean and beautiful!

Sometimes I'll look at the map and I'll see the stuff of the game host. I start to shake and sweat a little... Look at all the side missions this guy didn't do!!!!!
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
I've been without internet for a week. ****ing Frontier. I'm so far behind everyone. By the time I get caught up everything I need to group for will be too easy to do and not be as fun.
wee_ag
AG
quote:
quote:

I didn't care... The OCD side of me had to get them all. I was way slower to 30 than I should have been because of it. But guess who doesn't have cell phone and missing agent symbols all over his map.... THIS GUY!

My map.... It's so clean and beautiful!

Sometimes I'll look at the map and I'll see the stuff of the game host. I start to shake and sweat a little... Look at all the side missions this guy didn't do!!!!!
Sorry...
wee_ag
AG
quote:
I've been without internet for a week. ****ing Frontier. I'm so far behind everyone. By the time I get caught up everything I need to group for will be too easy to do and not be as fun.
Frontier is a freaking joke.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:

I would imagine that any level cap increase will have such high xp requirements that those side missions, cell phones, etc would give negligible xp. Running challenging missions or the incursion would give more xp, not to mention better loot drops and Phoenix credits.
jeffk
AG
How much XP did it take to go from level 29 to 30? Each collectible is 330, with there being over 150 total collectibles.

Also, I'm going to give the incursion a crack tonight if anyone wants to get a Ag crew together after 10 pm.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Ran the incursion glitch twice tonight. It's so awesome. Gonna run it again tomorrow night before the patch. Got 240 gear and a bunch of set pieces. Got my GS from 144 up to 180.
thaed137
AG
Ran the incursion for the first time with another random group of 3. It was fun but as Kampfers said, it wasn't anything really too different. It would be cool is the way they introduce new skills and talents is they give it to the enemy on new missions, then on the next update we get them too or something. Like the drones, by beating the mission, we also captured drone plans or something.

jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Ran the incursion glitch twice tonight. It's so awesome. Gonna run it again tomorrow night before the patch. Got 240 gear and a bunch of set pieces. Got my GS from 144 up to 180.

Oh crap, forgot there was a glitch. Is everybody else doing that? Ran it straight up a few nights ago and we couldn't get past wave 5 I think.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
quote:

Oh crap, forgot there was a glitch. Is everybody else doing that? Ran it straight up a few nights ago and we couldn't get past wave 5 I think.
ran each mode twice on friday. Took less than 30 mins each time for hard, and 45 mins for challenging.

I now have 3 pieces of sentry gear, 3 pieces of nomad, and 1 piece of tactician. Gonna save up my Phoenix credits and buy the blueprint for the last sentry piece i need (gloves).

I got the nomad mask from a supply drop in the DZ. There has been a lot of hate on reddit b/c the supply drops "only drop purples," but that's definitely not the case. This was in DZ 6, so maybe set gear only drops in the higher DZs.

With my current gear, I'm running 163k DPS, 94k Health, and 14k skills. I can actually get my DPS up to 212k, but that drops my health to 48k, and that's just too low.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
How much XP did it take to go from level 29 to 30? Each collectible is 330, with there being over 150 total collectibles.

Also, I'm going to give the incursion a crack tonight if anyone wants to get a Ag crew together after 10 pm.
I honestly don't know what the XP scaling was on the campaign. I know DZ rank XP is pretty steep. It took the same amount of XP to go from rank 40 to 50 as it did to go from 1-40.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4afdng/full_dark_zone_xp_table_and_what_you_exactly_risk/
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I know DZ rank XP is pretty steep. It took the same amount of XP to go from rank 40 to 50 as it did to go from 1-40.
No doubt... feels like I hit a brick wall once I got to like 42 or 43. Typically only run DZ 6 killing yellow 32's and named bosses the entire time and I'm yet I'm still just dragging towards 50 (at 44 currently).

And regarding the incursion exploit... just read this morning that Ubi is thinking about punishing those that exploited the glitch. Maybe I should steer clear of that. They are no doubt skating on thin ice because I reckon most high end players have taken advantage and you don't want to tick off the hardcores.

Maybe they don't punish the wicked but they give rewards for the non glitching angels!
gumby579
AG
So since there is a cap of 1000 Phoenix credits that I was unaware of what should I go blow some of this on? I'm not at 75 so those blueprints are out of reach currently...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.