***** The Division - Xbox one *****

127,599 Views | 1376 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by wee_ag
Average Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We had all four run down to the drop down area and camp. Two of us ran supply stations with healing/ammo and no one had ammo issues at all. We just let them come to us for the most part and poked our head out when needed. Once the bomb was dropped we cleared the area except for 2 or 3 guys. Then we popped a defensive cooldown and ran one guy to one turret, one to the other, and one to plant the bomb. Rinse and repeat. Doesn't take very long (30 minutes or so).

Things to note: Don't stand in red circles, don't poke your head up on the ramp that faces the APV, and kill the blue drones first.

Communication IS KEY. You have to be quick to yell out when someone drops in or they can take our your entire team. One person running pulse (preferably your highest electronics guy), two running the supply stations with ammo, and the rest can be healing or whatever you like.

Our team was pretty decently geared. Gear scores were in the 160's and 170's. I think one of us was in the 180's. Attempted the challenging one after...yeah, not happening for a while. We got waxed before we ever got to the main room.
Kampfers
AG
overall was less than impressed with the incursion. Maybe because we didn't complete it, but realistically it was more because it really failed to add anything to the game.

The UAVs were new, and fairly neat, I suppose, but really irrelevant in the grand scheme and fairly easy enemies. The APC itself was just a souped up grenade launcher.

Really they just seemed to double down on the mechanics that were already flipping annoying like the shotgun runners.

I was hoping for an experience more akin to the VoG which was more puzzle-oriented and really a fantastic experience the first few times we ran it, something that was very different than what we had already seen to that point in Destiny. This incursion just felt like another challenge mission with a few additional mechanics piled on to make it harder (no checkpoints, limited restocks, stupidly OP airburst grenades).
gumby579
AG
quote:

Our team was pretty decently geared. Gear scores were in the 160's and 170's. I think one of us was in the 180's. Attempted the challenging one after...yeah, not happening for a while. We got waxed before we ever got to the main room.
I tried with a group this morning that was in 180-190 range and we got absolutely destroyed by the shotgunners. I guess I will have to grind some more to get a higher GS but I'm not sure how 15 waves in challenging mode is possible at 160.
redass1876
AG
We 3 manned it around gs180. AverageJoe joined on a second run. Communication is big and lots of heals. Hide under the bridge like he said
Average Joe
AG
quote:
I tried with a group this morning that was in 180-190 range and we got absolutely destroyed by the shotgunners. I guess I will have to grind some more to get a higher GS but I'm not sure how 15 waves in challenging mode is possible at 160.
I don't think it is, at all. I'm surprised the requirement is 160. Even if you are carrying just one person (which would make things harder) the requirement should be at least 180. Hard mode should be requirement 160, although it is easier to carry someone through that if you have three 180+ guys.

Maybe there is a much better strategy for challenging that we don't know yet.
wee_ag
AG
Side note for Gear Sets

Where to get gear sets

Also... Maybe I missed something but, did anyone else notice the inventory size????

thaed137
AG
Am I just missing something because his stats seem pretty low but his gear score is top notch? I would expect higher stats than that with his current gear score.
CRM1712
AG
Found this...might be useful.
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
Also... Maybe I missed something but, did anyone else notice the inventory size????
They said that that backpack size doesn't exist in the actual game. That is just the dev build environment.
E
AG
Yeah that has to be a tester/developer. No mods to the weapons and electronics/stamina/firearms isn't crap.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
I don't think it is, at all. I'm surprised the requirement is 160. Even if you are carrying just one person (which would make things harder) the requirement should be at least 180. Hard mode should be requirement 160, although it is easier to carry someone through that if you have three 180+ guys.

I really don't see how it is at all possible to carry one person on the incursion mission during all the waves. You would spend way too much time having to heal that one player and also have to revive that player as well. You really need all four guns putting rounds into the bad guys.

Trying to draw the shotgun guys out from a room into an area where you can funnel and shoot them works, but even with three guns it's really difficult and on the Russian consulate mission, it's almost impossible since the second wave of guys includes five (I think) shorgunners that rush you.
howdydamnit04
AG
quote:
overall was less than impressed with the incursion. Maybe because we didn't complete it, but realistically it was more because it really failed to add anything to the game.

The UAVs were new, and fairly neat, I suppose, but really irrelevant in the grand scheme and fairly easy enemies. The APC itself was just a souped up grenade launcher.

Really they just seemed to double down on the mechanics that were already flipping annoying like the shotgun runners.

I was hoping for an experience more akin to the VoG which was more puzzle-oriented and really a fantastic experience the first few times we ran it, something that was very different than what we had already seen to that point in Destiny. This incursion just felt like another challenge mission with a few additional mechanics piled on to make it harder (no checkpoints, limited restocks, stupidly OP airburst grenades).

Agreed. Even if we had completed it it still wasn't anything new.
redass1876
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I really don't see how it is at all possible to carry one person on the incursion mission during all the waves. You would spend way too much time having to heal that one player and also have to revive that player as well. You really need all four guns putting rounds into the bad guys.

Trying to draw the shotgun guys out from a room into an area where you can funnel and shoot them works, but even with three guns it's really difficult and on the Russian consulate mission, it's almost impossible since the second wave of guys includes five (I think) shorgunners that rush you.

Already said we 3 manned it yesterday. Could leave a dead body and carry him. That said, we tried 4man challenge mode and that has an impossible feel to it for now lol
redass1876
AG
If anyone wants help, our 3 man group would be happy to this evening.

If the group leader hasn't completed it before, everyone gets the weekly bonus item (214 set piece). All people regardless get a 194 set piece. Always up for extra pieces

User name: Aero Aggie 2006
Average Joe
AG
Really? Already counting me out?
jeffk
AG
Is the OP up to date with gamertags?
TheVarian
AG
quote:
Is the OP up to date with gamertags?
I am meow
wee_ag
AG
I'm usually late to the party because of work, but definitely want to try the Incursion. I'm on after 10p CST
jeffk
AG
Oh, no... my gearscore is in the 80s.

Looks like I have some DZ work to do.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

First save all Phoenix credits for the vector. Second, run the DZ with some really nice Aggies and just sit back and hide. Within 30 minutes you should have plenty of yellows (I will give you anything I don't want).

You still have work to do, but having HE gear will boost you fast.

PS: if you do a DZ run with the big boys stack your health and armor as much as you can and neglect everything else. If we are trying to help your best use to the team is not dying.
thaed137
AG
Had a really nice group of Aussie's run a mission with me last night. They saw I was a lower gear score and they all let me keep all the gear they picked up to help me. I was like holy crap there a decent and nice people on the internet!?!?!!?!?

Was running with two other ags who were not up to my level at the time, one was even lvl 27 running in the 161 darkzone with me. We came across our first airdrop and a single dude was trying to take it once we got there. To my group's surprise, he quickly died and I stole all his loot and we ran and ran and ran as we were going to be very outgunned. It was a lot of fun and I enjoy that new aspect of the DZ that makes going rogue probably a little more common around that.
Line Ate Member
AG
Gamer tag is nolank85.

I have had some of you nice ags let me tag along/carry me through hard modes in Destiny.

What is the best way to gear up if you have to run solo for the most part?
thaed137
AG
I honestly very rarely run solo, if no one is online, I will match make with randoms and have 75% had a good group to roll with.
Madmarttigan
AG
so there is already a way to glitch the incursion, still takes 30 -45 minutes but it is guaranteed.
jr15aggie
AG
Last night I bought the 2 pieces of nomad armor from the DZ 6 safe house (I think it was gloves and knee pads). They were pretty cheap compared to the nomad blueprints they also sell (a little over 20K DZ credits each I think).

Overall I don't think they are as good as my HE gear, but with 2 pieces of nomad equipped you get an instant 100% savaging. They will definitely be used in my DZ runs!
E
AG
I might try them out as well for some DZ runs. I use like two or three scavenging mods and one of my gears already has a 79% scavenging on it so I'll do some mixing around.
gumby579
AG
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
quote:

First save all Phoenix credits for the vector. Second, run the DZ with some really nice Aggies and just sit back and hide. Within 30 minutes you should have plenty of yellows (I will give you anything I don't want).

You still have work to do, but having HE gear will boost you fast.

PS: if you do a DZ run with the big boys stack your health and armor as much as you can and neglect everything else. If we are trying to help your best use to the team is not dying.

You cannot run with the big boys anymore. I'm 176 and tried to run with 170 & 130 friends the 130 got stuck in his own DZ instance. We could see each other in the checkpoint, but he would disappear when we walked thru the door. We could see each other on the mini map, but he wasn't there. Landmarks that we were fighting at had nothing going on for him.
Madmarttigan
AG
im glitching the incursion if anyone wants to join, just seeing how long it takes solo lol. Just make sure you basically max out skill power, nothing else matters.
wee_ag
AG
quote:
im glitching the incursion if anyone wants to join, just seeing how long it takes solo lol. Just make sure you basically max out skill power, nothing else matters.
You mentioned a glitch earlier... mind sharing this information?
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
You can phase through walls and bypass all the enemies. Then take out the apc. Collect loot #winning.
thaed137
AG
Note that now all lvl 30's are not in the same DZ anymore. You are now split based upon your gear level to prevent someone with like a 200+ gear level and a 120 gear level form being in the same DZ. He can still play with you but has to go to the group and select to go into the higher up DZ to roll with you guys just as if he was not a level 30 yet.
Aggietaco
AG
I ran into this on Wednesday night with a gear score of 108ish but I couldn't find any option to join the 160+ DZ.
TexasAggie_02
AG
I knew that the DZ was broken into brackets now, just didn't know that there was an option in the group settings to jump up to the higher one. thanks for letting me know that.

I crossed over to the dark side last night, and went rogue intentionally for the first time. I was running solo, and got cocky in the DZ 2 construction site (where there's a named guy and division tech), and got taken down by the shotgunners. I dropped 2 HE's and some clothing. I respawned in the checkpoint, which was on the same street, so I only had to run straight back (it was 600 & something feet). About halfway there I see that someone had picked up my dropped loot (bryan - something or other).

So i sneak up to the construction site and see that bryan is soloing it as well. He appears to not notice me, so i just hang back in cover and follow him. I was hoping that an NPC would down him to save me the trouble, and they almost did a few times, but bryan pulled through. I just keep hanging back, and using my pulse every time it comes up and watch him.

After awhile, another lone wolf comes along and he is hiding as well. I'm pretty sure he was following me, but left me alone, as i didn't have an extraction pack on. I finally got tired of him, and drew my weapon on him, and he bugged out (or so i thought).

Finally, "Bryan" goes to the gas station extraction and calls it in. i just hunker down on the opposite side and wait. I did have a couple of adds spawn on me, and i took care of them. Bryan didn't seem to notice, as he was fighting adds on the other side. About 30 seconds before the chopper arrives, that same guy that was stalking me shows back up. I come out of cover with my sniper drawn, and he freezes and just stands there. At 15 seconds, i turn around to ignore him and make a run for bryan.

As i open fire on him, i can tell that he's confused. I think at first he thought it was an accidental roguing, but i don't let up. He pops the healing perk that gives a 40% damage resistance and shoots back at me. I only have 63k health, so he puts a nice dent into me, but his Vector runs out of ammo, and as he's reloading i pop my healing perk and unload into him with my Navy MP5 and down him. I then grabbed my stuff and extracted it.

By now, I have no intention of continuing my rogue streak, but the other guy decides that he's going to test the waters. I popped my survivor link, and he high-tailed it out of there, so i let him go and ran the other way.

I probably should've ran north towards the higher DZ's but i ran across DZ1 (i didn't go that way b/c the other guy had gone north). I came across two other lone wolves that wanted to take me down, but I prevailed on each one.

I was thinking that i could hang out near the subway entrance of DZ1 and then run down there if someone showed up, but i never made it that far. About 3/4 of the way there a shock turret appears in front of me, and two agents come out from behind a truck. I've been ambushed. I put up a good fight, but i was outnumbered and out of survivor link. It was a good run, and i had gotten my stuff extracted. I felt bad for the poor guy i killed at the extraction, but that's the risk you take when you pick up someone's dropped items.

***One more thing. Hamish (one of massive's community guys) said on a twitch stream the other day that the HE First Wave M1A and Aug blueprints in DZ 03 will expire on tuesday, and will rotate to something else. Kinda sucks, b/c you have to be DZ rank 75 to buy them. I was able to go from 52 to 55 last night, no way I'll be able to get to 75 though (unless i can get 5 ranks a night for the next 4 days)
jeffk
AG
I know it's been mentioned before, but I can't find it - where are the best places to buy the HE weapon plans?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.