***** The Division - Xbox one *****

125,828 Views | 1376 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wee_ag
Aggietaco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I was just blaming him as per the protocol set forth earlier in this thread.
My original blame was legit. ****ing Battlefield Hardline...

Though I did see they've got another map pack coming out. Need to find that disc.
Agmaniacmike12
I kind of knew that Hardline would be a **** sandwich but it was a nice change of pace and their were a few people on my friends list playing it so I got $40 worth of fun out of it.
wee_ag
AG
So back to The Division...

Apparently if you connected your Ubisoft games with your Ubisoft Club account you've been earning points by playing the games (I had 285 points and never even knew I had them). Those points are redeemable for in-game items and other rewards. Some rewards are also free, just by logging in to your account and redeeming them.

Ubisoft Club rewards include Dark Zone keys, skins and more

https://club.ubi.com/#!/en-GB/game/tom-clancy-the-division

Madmarttigan
AG
Nice find.

Incredibly bored this weekend wishing this game was out already or at least goofing around on the beta still.
Average Joe
AG
quote:
Nice find.

Incredibly bored this weekend wishing this game was out already or at least goofing around on the beta still.

Same here. Been busy every weekend of the beta and nothing this weekend.

Adding my name to the list, too.
SN=AverageJoeAg
jr15aggie
AG

Thanks for the reminder wee. I've been saving my ubi points. Usually they are pointless skins but some of this is actually useful. I'm not gonna unlock my dark zone keys until I'm ready to go hunting for treasured cause you can lose those bad boys goofing around in the DZ.
jeffk
AG
Seems like I should have a crapton more points than I do. Mist have forgot to register a few games I played.

Oh well.
Madmarttigan
AG
I wonder how well hybrid roles will work out in this game. I'm not eager to go full support and hit like a wet noodle, but I also want my heals to have some kind of effectiveness and usefulness for the team.

I think after playing the beta I would stick to long range guns and head down a support path, possibly AR/Marksman or shotty/Marksman if solo. I'm excited to play around and find a balance, but I hope you can both viably do damage and heal a bit.
wee_ag
AG
Let's TTT this bad boy with this...

dcaggie04
AG
Has anyone heard if the full game will have the tablet/phone tiein? I remember when they first announced the divison, they showed gameplay where someone rhe wasnt playing on their console could jump into the team on a tablet and control somethong like a support drone. Havent really heard any follow up on that, but I may have just missed it.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
Has anyone heard if the full game will have the tablet/phone tiein? I remember when they first announced the divison, they showed gameplay where someone rhe wasnt playing on their console could jump into the team on a tablet and control somethong like a support drone. Havent really heard any follow up on that, but I may have just missed it.
No, that was canned.

Also, I finally got my preorder in. Will have to decide later on the DLC. Not on the whole season pass before the game even launches bandwagon. Never seem to be playing by the time the last few DLCs launch.
jr15aggie
AG
The tablet fad needs to go away for all mp games. One of the reasons BF4 < BF3... That stupid commander feature (did they remove that for hardline?). It ruins the balance of all people playing with a controller and same set of rules.
Madmarttigan
AG
I kind of liked the way battlefront did it a little bit. Play a separate mini-game while you are away and earn in game currency. I wouldn't mind it if other companies did stuff like that, but you are right that it should not affect those currently playing. It should be a completely separate game/system that just gives you small perks for your character for playing it on your phone/computer while bored at work.

And Varian I see your post on the other thread, update our GT list!
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
The tablet fad needs to go away for all mp games. One of the reasons BF4 < BF3... That stupid commander feature (did they remove that for hardline?). It ruins the balance of all people playing with a controller and same set of rules.
The commander function in BF2 was far superior to BF4, and far more influential on the battlefield. I did not like how it was implemented in BF4.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
The commander function in BF2 was far superior to BF4, and far more influential on the battlefield. I did not like how it was implemented in BF4.

My biggest problem with it was usually only 1 team had a commander. Unbalanced. Either take it out of the game completely or limit it to specific playlists / servers... Which will have very few people playing it so you might as well just get rid of it.
gumby579
AG
quote:
quote:
No, that was canned.

Also, I finally got my preorder in. Will have to decide later on the DLC. Not on the whole season pass before the game even launches bandwagon. Never seem to be playing by the time the last few DLCs launch.
This is me, too. The last time I did I had moved on to something else (Fifa I think?) by the time the DLC started rolling out.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Yea that's why I never buy the gold editions. By the time the expansions come out I've moved on to a new game. There always seems a new, highly anticipated game right around the corner.
slickag2007
AG
I normally agree about the Gold edition. But, I played enough Destiny that I was pretty excited about all the DLC it came with. So, if it's as much fun as that, the Gold edition will be well worth it.
jeffk
AG
The 8th needs to hurry up and get here.
PatAg
AG
So is the aiming in this precision based, ala Halo, or more you just put your cursor on the person and shoot and its somewhat randomized which is more like the new star wars battlefront
Madmarttigan
AG
I would say you have to be fairly precise, particularly for your headshot bonuses. Some of the guns do have quite a bit of movement, but it might be better once you mod them for stability in late game.

I would say despite the 3rd person feel, aiming felt similar to battlefield to me, more gun wandering and kick versus COD. Despite 3rd person, it is way more fluid and easier to move/aim versus gears of war imo.
jabberwalkie09
AG

wee_ag
AG
Also - timeline for updates/DLC (LOOT TRADING!!!)

(Ok - this is basically an image the summarizes the above video, I recommend watching that)
jeffk
AG
quote:
Also - timeline for updates/DLC (LOOT TRADING!!!)

AKA "Can I haz that poofy jacket?"
slickag2007
AG
Loot trading can be good, or it could be incredibly bad. I guess we will have to see. I'm on the fence about that feature overall.
jr15aggie
AG
Loot trading!!!! Now I won't have to betray and murder Aguas in the Dark Zone! We can share like grown ups.
jeffk
AG
quote:
Loot trading!!!! Now I won't have to betray and murder Aguas in the Dark Zone! We can share like grown ups.

I mean, you don't HAVE to betray and murder him, but you still COULD.
Madmarttigan
AG
Well it just means there will probably be a 3rd party site that has massive amounts of trading on it, and possibly some real money transactions. I suppose it will be annoying if that is what you have to do for the best gear.
wee_ag
AG
quote:
Well it just means there will probably be a 3rd party site that has massive amounts of trading on it, and possibly some real money transactions. I suppose it will be annoying if that is what you have to do for the best gear.
Selling my skinny jeans for some top coin boys!
gumby579
AG
Can we get a WRTS shirt?
jeffk
AG
http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-us/agent-intel/

Also, saw this on the PS4 thread. Pretty interesting features; several of which I hadn't heard of yet.

Matt_ag98
Yeah, I think the biggest announcement this week was that I think weekly "raids" will be in the game at some point also, sorry don't have the link
slickag2007
AG
I don't think I'll be playing that survival mode too much. A whole map that is darkzone? Sounds like nothing but grief to me.
thaed137
AG
It depends on how they implement it. If you have the same number of people, you are going to have too big a map for that amount of people to really run into people very often. If there are specific mission, objectives, etc to try to accomplish outside of the normal dark zone stuff then it could be a lot of fun.
jeffk
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.