*** THE LAST OF US *** (Non-Gamer Thread)

182,816 Views | 2419 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by jokershady
M.C. Swag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well they also didn't "show" anything during the bedroom scene either then
DallasTeleAg
combat wombat said:

They didn't SHOW the mom and baby gunner down, did they? Or did I fall asleep?

It's kind of like sausage. It's delicious, I know how it's made, but I don't want to watch it being made.
Exactly. They didn't show it, they alluded to it. Which is all I needed for Bill and Frank. But you have your posters that immediately jump on other people's opinions to try and virtue signal.
Prosperdick
AG
combat wombat said:

It's kind of like sausage. It's delicious, I know how it's made, but I don't want to watch it being made.
They didn't thank God but my point was if what we got was instead of that I'm perfectly fine with it because when they first showed the mother and baby I was like "please don't go there show."
boy09
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

combat wombat said:

Exactly. They didn't show it, they alluded to it. Which is all I needed for Bill and Frank. But you have your posters that immediately jump on other people's opinions to try and virtue signal.

People can just have different opinions than you. It's not automatically virtue signaling.
jokershady
AG
This thread….which started 13 days ago….has over 1k comments already….

Meanwhile the original TLOU thread which includes us gamers and started 2 years ago has 840 comments (upon writing this post).

Good grief y'all….
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Spoilers might be worth it.
DallasTeleAg
Posting an opinion about a show and your reaction to the show is sharing an opinion. Responding by mocking that person for having that opinion is simply trolling and virtue signaling.

If he posted just to say he liked the show and didn't mind the gay stuff, then that would be his opinion I wouldn't even respond to. But to mock those of us who didn't care for it and simply said so, is going beyond just sharing an opinion.

If you don't get that, then I don't know what to tell you.
Aggie87
AG
Prosperdick said:

combat wombat said:

Just finished episode 3. Loved Bill's character.

I didn't so much mind the homosexual relationship as the "bedroom scenes". I fast forward through them. FTR, I feel/do the same about/ with heterosexual BR scenes. I don't care for them. You can show me a loving relationship without that.

I could do without the "adult language", too, but I'm pretty sure it would be unrealistic in that environment to not have it.

The bone pit was especially poignant with the flashback and the explanation that the military killed healthy people when there was no room at QZ.
Well if I had my choice between seeing Bill and Frank together in bed or a mother and a baby being gunned down...well, sign me up for the Bill and Frank show please.

Username checks out.
AggieUSMC
AG
Am I the only one who thought episode 3 was just boring and pointless?

I get why the Hollywood left are fawning over it but it didn't advance the plot in any way. Zombie apocalypse shows are supposed to be about murder and mayhem not post apocalyptic Brokeback Mountain.
Josepi
AG
I didn't feel that way at all. I thought it was outstanding.

TCTTS
AG
It's the Saturday before a new Sunday episode. We've been having this exact conversation for six days now. You're like the umpteenth person to ask this/state this in some way, shape or form.

And it *did* move the plot forward, as has been discussed ad nauseam. It not only gave Joel/Ellie the weapons/supplies/transportation they need, more importantly, Joel now realizes he needs a human connection in his life; someone to fight for. In that sense, Ellie went from cargo to companion, which is a big emotional step forward for Joel, one that now completely changes his and Ellie's dynamic.

If you didn't like the episode, that's totally fine/your prerogative. But this isn't The Walking Dead, and the showrunners, advertising, HBO, etc, have been making that apparent for some time now. It's "supposed" to be whatever they want it to be, they've clearly chosen their path, and no one's going to force you to go down it.
Fenrir
It's posts like this why people think you gatekeep this forum and it's threads. It's easy enough to ignore him but you can't help yourself but to comment because someone doesn't fall in line with your thoughts on an entertainment discussion forum.
TCTTS
AG
I really don't give a sh*t at this point.
jeffk
AG
TCTTS said:

Kick his ass, Sea Bass.
BenFiasco14
AG
This show went way downhill after Glen took a bat to the head.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
StinkyPinky
AG
TCTTS said:

It's the Saturday before a new Sunday episode. We've been having this exact conversation for six days now. You're like the umpteenth person to ask this/state this in some way, shape or form.

And it *did* move the plot forward, as has been discussed ad nauseam. It not only gave Joel/Ellie the weapons/supplies/transportation they need, more importantly, Joel now realizes he needs a human connection in his life; someone to fight for. In that sense, Ellie went from cargo to companion, which is a big emotional step forward for Joel, one that now completely changes his and Ellie's dynamic.

If you didn't like the episode, that's totally fine/your prerogative. But this isn't The Walking Dead, and the showrunners, advertising, HBO, etc, have been making that apparent for some time now. It's "supposed" to be whatever they want it to be, they've clearly chosen their path, and no one's going to force you to go down it.

You've lost the plot.
combat wombat™
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

This show went way downhill after Glen took a bat to the head.

I watched part of ONE season after that. The introduction of Negan just made the show unwatchable for me because they really amped up the viciousness.
Ol Jock 99
AG
You know what this one is based on, right?
combat wombat™
AG
I know nothing about this other than fungi zombies.

If they amp up the viciousness I may not watch.
Fenrir
TCTTS said:

If only we were so lucky.
Proc92
I thought the exchange between Tess and Joel after she was bit and she pleaded with Joel to get Ellie out west gave him the reason to keep ellie safe and gave him a purpose.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Proc92 said:

I thought the exchange between Tess and Joel after she was bit and she pleaded with Joel to get Ellie out west gave him the reason to keep ellie safe and gave him a purpose.

Yes. Last episode Joel learned she is the key to the cure. This episode taught him that he can find happiness by taking care of her, and her being the cure isn't as important as making sure she survives.
boy09
AG
TCTTS said:

I can't wait to find out what next week's awful discourse will be about
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Pedro's on SNL tonight.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Just watched the episode with Ron Swanson and AIDS Jordan Peterson. Kinda weird but looking forward to tomorrow's episode!
bluefire579
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

Just watched the episode with Ron Swanson and AIDS Jordan Peterson. Kinda weird but looking forward to tomorrow's episode!
You give Armond the proper respect he deserves
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
IMDb scores:
Ep 1: 9.2
Ep 2: 9.2
Ep 3: 7.9
Ep 4: 6.5

Review bombers are pathetic.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Thaaaaaaaats where I recognize him from! Thanks!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Saxsoon
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Pretty sure that spoils Mario Kart

You don't find out Toad and Yoshi are bisexual until the penultimate race.
Philip J Fry
AG
AggieUSMC said:

Am I the only one who thought episode 3 was just boring and pointless?

I get why the Hollywood left are fawning over it but it didn't advance the plot in any way. Zombie apocalypse shows are supposed to be about murder and mayhem not post apocalyptic Brokeback Mountain.

I likened it to a good ole Supernatural "Freak of the week" episode.
Madmarttigan
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

IMDb scores:
Ep 1: 9.2
Ep 2: 9.2
Ep 3: 7.9
Ep 4: 6.5

Review bombers are pathetic.

That's fine if you want to bomb episode 3 but how pathetic do you have to be to bomb an episode that hasn't released yet.

I despise when stuff like this happens both ways. Movie critics prop up a woke film and the public terrors it down so there is zero honesty in anyone's reviews.

I'm still salty about TLJ and the ridiculously high critic scores. Wheel of Time and LOTR obviously had flaws(WoT was particularly terrible) but I hate to see ratings tank because of a social divide. Just stick to the story/production value/acting and cut the crap.
cbr
AG
1) 'critics' are usually paid shills or hollywood insiders, i assume?
2) why do you think the public ratings are not honest? Do they bot or otherwise rig them?
Madmarttigan
AG
It is common practice these days for people to go in a review blast certain shows with 1/10 or 1 star ratings despite not actually watching.

LotR for black dwarves, WoT for a diverse cast and gay characters, and I'm sure the Little Mermaid movie will get the same treatment. I'm sure there are others that I haven't paid attention to.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.