*** THE LAST OF US *** (Non-Gamer Thread)

182,785 Views | 2419 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by jokershady
AgFB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was disappointed Bill didn't have a suped-up, off the grid, Land Cruiser or something with zombie/cattle guards and a mini gun on top of it in that garage. Guess he was really planning on never having to leave.
ThreatLevel: Midnight
AG
beanbean said:

bluefire579 said:

Head Ninja In Charge said:

Milwaukees Best Light said:

How are they going to invest an entire hour into building a character and then have him die before he has any real interaction with the main characters? I will give them one more episode, but they are on thin ice with me. Three episodes in and I haven't really built any kind of connection with any characters. Not sure where the great acting has been seen. Pedro is just playing the Mandolorean again. Ron Swanson didn't really reach too far out of his comfort zone. Quiet, gruff, with a few hard hitters. They are doing fine, but let's not pretend they are suddenly Don Cheadle.
I've read this post a few times now and I always get stuck right here. What does this mean?????
He was hoping this guy would be in it

That's Donovan McNabb

We're about to play on the Linc!
Thanks & Gig 'Em
Four Seasons Landscaping
Frank is what Negan would have turned into if he was ever lucky enough to fall into Bill's hole.
Nagler
AG
Four Seasons Landscaping said:

Frank is what Negan would have turned into if he was ever lucky enough to fall into Bill's hole.

gigemJTH12
AG
Proc92 said:

Why was bill having a shootout in the street, 50' from the raiders? Stay hidden and shoot them from behind protection.

I read it as he is one of those crazy prepper people and that was his "moment" to defend his property so he went out guns blazing.

Like he had been "wishing a mother f'er" would.

It was frustrating bc I had the same thought as you.
jeffdjohnson

if he was ever lucky enough to fall into Bill's hole.
jokershady
AG

gigemJTH12
AG
nm
M.C. Swag
AG
Im sure this has been mentioned 1 million times, but I just realized the actor who played Frank was the same guy who played Armond from White Lotus S1! lol No wonder I loved him.
hurleyag
AG
I might have to go back and watch the first episode, but Joel mentioned the system automatically playing 80s music if Bill didn't reset it and I think recall him mentioning in the safe house that the system had been quite for a period of time before the music starts at the end of the episode.
Such a small little nugget that at the time I thought was foreshadowing to bad times coming but was actually foreshadowing to Bill and Frank being dead.
M.C. Swag
AG
That is a cool catch. I had forgotten that detail.
BowSowy
AG
hurleyag said:

I might have to go back and watch the first episode, but Joel mentioned the system automatically playing 80s music if Bill didn't reset it and I think recall him mentioning in the safe house that the system had been quite for a period of time before the music starts at the end of the episode.
Such a small little nugget that at the time I thought was foreshadowing to bad times coming but was actually foreshadowing to Bill and Frank being dead.
Makes you wonder how much time allotted between them committing suicide and Joel showing up. Couldn't have been more than a week or two, max.
M.C. Swag
AG
BowSowy said:

hurleyag said:

Makes you wonder how much time allotted between them committing suicide and Joel showing up. Couldn't have been more than a week or two, max.
Ya based on the food leftover on the plate, it still looked relatively 'recent'. If it had been months, I assume that food would be completely dried/fungus'd over.
gigemJTH12
AG
I also dont think a single open window would have kept that stinch from taking over the house if it was very long after they were dead
Prophet00
AG

DallasTeleAg
Again... same arguments as always.

Hollywood is pushing the woke talking points. That is a fact. If you are happy about that, then be happy about it. Don't try to gaslight people who bring it up.

As an audience, we have the right to determine what we will watch. I don't get mad about it, but this is also the Entertainment board on an Aggie sports forum, and I am an Aggie who enjoys movies and other forms of entertainment. Therefore, as long as Hollywood puts it out, I will comment on it. This is my privaledge and the privaledge of the others on this forum.

The extent to which any production pushes this ideology will determine my willingness to deal with it. As for this show, I found the episode as a whole to be very good, and nothing about what I saw turned me off to the show. If it did for others, and they came on this public Aggie forum based around discussing thoughts about entertainment, then why should that make me upset?

Some of yall are just so offended that there are people who do not celebrate the behavior of others. The posts I dislike are actually the ones responding to these that are just mocking the actual person.
Quinn
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

I also dont think a single open window would have kept that stinch from taking over the house if it was very long after they were dead

Also, the final shot showed an upstairs window open, but Bill & Frank had moved into the downstairs bedroom and that's the one that was locked. Doesn't really matter, but was a small error IMO.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Quinn said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Also, the final shot showed an upstairs window open, but Bill & Frank had moved into the downstairs bedroom and that's the one that was locked. Doesn't really matter, but was a small error IMO.
While they don't mention this shot oops directly, on the podcast they talked about wanting windows to become a reoccurring theme, but it didn't work. I think this shoot was done way earlier and then used here.

I'm a bit mad at myself for not noticing the 2nd story oops. So thanks for that!
gigemJTH12
AG
whats the podcast? Would love to listen to any podcasts related ot this. thanks
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
HBO has their own for any new show now, with cast and directors regularly being invited on.

I don't know about this one specifically, but for House of the Dragon, they had a book reader and a show only watcher both commenting, with the book reader referencing the source material just saying how it differed from the episode being shown. I would assume they do the same with a game player and a non player.
Ol Jock 99
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

whats the podcast? Would love to listen to any podcasts related ot this. thanks
The Official HBO one. Just go to podcasts and search Last of Us. Features Craig Mazin (showrunner), Neil Druckmann (showrunner and game designer) and hosted by Troy Baker (voice actor and Joel from the game).

They talk about the game and choices made a ton, but haven't given any spoilers. Very well done.
MW03
AG
I'm glad the episode played out that way. At first, I thought Frank was going to be putting one over on Bill when he told him to take a shower like he was trying to do whatever he had to do to survive. He had a look sitting there on the piano bench like he might've been plotting something. I was glad to see that it was genuine, and it was a pretty touching episode that laid a good bit of context for bringing Joel back around to protect Ellie.
BowSowy
AG
cbr is such a troll. I'm surprised y'all haven't caught onto his schtick. He pulls this crap with every major show thread. Comes in here with a strong opinion and will argue and beat it to death, as long as people keep engaging with him.
Josepi
AG
Just flagged a half dozen posts for "thread derailing". Take it to F16 if you want to debate anything that involves the use of "Hollywood agenda".
AggieOO
half dozen? at least put a dent in it.
Josepi
AG
I thought this too. Frank had a bit of a smirk and/or twinkle in his eye when he first came into Bills house. I was fully expecting him to kill, rob, or attempt something nefarious.

Loved the episode though. Though the love story was touching. I also think Joel arrived at the house expecting them to be dead or in trouble. The 80's music tipped him off for sure.
Saxsoon
AG

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
MW03 said:

I'm glad the episode played out that way. At first, I thought Frank was going to be putting one over on Bill when he told him to take a shower like he was trying to do whatever he had to do to survive. He had a look sitting there on the piano bench like he might've been plotting something. I was glad to see that it was genuine, and it was a pretty touching episode that laid a good bit of context for bringing Joel back around to protect Ellie.
I have no doubt this was intentional. When Bill was playing the piano, I half expected Frank to pull a knife on him.
Quinn
AG
It's funny, I watched this on Monday night instead of Sunday so I had heard that there was a love story, so I missed out on a lot of the tension. I think that probably made it easier to settle into the story for what it really was.
cbr
AG
here's a question...

what was the crawlway space scene about?

she is dumb and jumps unarmed into a dark hole

she finds a veggie

she cuts veggie...why?

veggie looks at her like a human might.... what is going on there?

veggie has a free arm and does nothing....why?

she stabs veggie through the skulll with a wimpy knife and kills it... i guess

why?

does the knife need to be sterilized?

does veggie have to be physically connected by veggie roots to signal other veggies?

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Just to show she isn't scared of them, I think. I was telling her to GTFO there the entire time.
Macarthur
Really enjoying the show.

Also, I only went back a couple of pages, but man, some folks must live a miserable life to get so easily triggered by such things.
AgFB
AG
I was waiting for someone else was going to come into view in the upstairs window shot.
Faustus
NM
Prosperdick
AG
Very few of us get to determine when/how we die (unless it's a "normal" suicide, and that's not even fun to think about), but having a great meal and consuming ridiculous amounts of pain killer in a wonderful bottle of wine while finishing it off dying in the arms of your loved one would probably be one of the top ways to go.

Thinking of all the people surviving in this world and all the pain/suffering they've endured where their end is likely from a bullet or a fungus, Bill and Frank hit the lottery in terms of how they lived and died.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.