Westworld 3 - 2020

124,305 Views | 1470 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TCTTS
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

Teddy Perkins said:

Hope Charredlores gets some more riot control robots and goes off. Also, she was looking ripped during that escape.

Tessa Thompson deserves her own action franchise after tonight. She's legit.

She's a Valkyrie in Marvel. No chance after Ragnarok that they just discard her.
tk for tu juan
She is already signed on for Thor: Love and Thunder in 2022
TCTTS
AG
For sure. And she'll likely have a sizable role in Love & Thunder, I imagine. Still, I was thinking less superhero and more along the lines of a "standard" action pic.
amercer
AG
I did enjoy Serac dropping some Dr Manhattan **** on Maeve. If all your memories are perfect and equivalent, then you have no past. Everything is present.

I'm still pretty sure he's a host.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Between the shot below and the rockets Bernard saw in episode four, please, please, please tell me there's some kind of Westworld-goes-to-space element in our future...

amercer
AG
At first glance it looked like it was dropping an arrow. Like the ones going around Rehoboam
redline248
AG
amercer said:

At first glance it looked like it was dropping an arrow. Like the ones going around Rehoboam
It was 100% firing a missile
Teddy Perkins
AG
amercer said:

Also, also, seems pretty dumb not to have someone there to collect the Delores pearls when they blow up the car.

That's some sloppy **** Serac. Or maybe Delores blew up the car because she didn't like the idea of Halores not sticking to the plan .
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Favorite episode of the season so far. Awesome.
TCTTS
AG
Some great insight from reddit...

Quote:

[William] was confronted with the notion that he was always violent, always destined to be violent, and was never truly making choices in his life. The clearest way he can disprove that, and regain his "sanity" etc, is to help Dolores and become a "good guy". Not because it's the "right" thing to do or as some sort of penance, but simply because doing the exact opposite of what he is expected to do is the clearest way he can show himself that he is in control.

Quote:

He is simply doing the exact opposite of what is expected so he can prove to himself that he can make choices and does have free will.
TCTTS
AG
That said, I also think this was part of Dolores' plan. So, in a way, he's still potentially being controlled.
gggmann
AG
So what was the reason for the Johnathan Tucker call back in this episode?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Possibilities for Maeve's newly printed sidekick: Teddy, Armistice, Clementine. I think the coolest would be Teddy just to try to play head games with Dolores, but I still lean toward him being in the sublime and nowhere else. My money is on Clementine though.
The one with the biggest emotional connection to Maeve is Clementine. My money is on her as well.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

Also I guess William didn't bite anyone's finger off, which is a little disappointing.
Wait, what?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

Hector was a projection of Lee Sizemore.
That was the real Hector. Maeve restored his memory in the simluation, as was able to because they had Hector's pearl there.
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

Also I guess William didn't bite anyone's finger off, which is a little disappointing.
Wait, what?
It's hard to know for sure, but it looks like everything after they put the goggles on him was fake until Bernard took them off. Biting the finger, being sedated again, taken to his room and seeing the doc commit suicide...all appears to be fake. Of course, we can't really be 100% sure they didn't try the AR therapy a 2nd time.
Proposition Joe
So Serac's man blows up the car and then just leaves? Assuming Halores is gone and now we have Halores with a vengeance?

Kinda seems straight out of... well time to watch Homeland.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What are you basing that on? I just figured they put him back in the room and put the glasses back on.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, my take was that the doc really did commit suicide, then, while William was back in the AR a second time, the whole place went to hell. I could be wrong, though.
redline248
AG
We don't see him go back in for a 2nd session, that I remember...but it wouldn't shock me if we are supposed to assume that he did.
NASAg03
This show is such a mind trip with predestination vs free will. I love it.

And the make up with Charlores was so impressive! Especially seeing the making of afterwards. I figured it was CGI.
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
Counterpoint
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Charredlores
Counterpoint
AG
amercer said:

If they wrap up the current plot lines I think we're done. Unless season 4 is 200 years in the future and on Mars
Is Delores a Peerless Scarred in this scenario?

SWCBonfire
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

Hector was a projection of Lee Sizemore.
That was the real Hector. Maeve restored his memory in the simluation, as was able to because they had Hector's pearl there.

Yes, what I'm saying is Hector was printed and will be populated with the Sizemore pearl.

Or, they took Delores's good idea and copied Maeve.

ETA: why did they have to "re-print" Maeve for a sword wound instead of fixing her & bringing back online... maybe we are focusing on the wrong thing. Possible that Delores killed Maeve in another simulation?
bobinator
AG
Maybe there was too much damage, or they were in a hurry and just grabbed the pearl knowing they could reprint the body.

I didn't think the William stuff was all that complicated until I started reading y'alls questions and now I'm not sure what's going on there.
amercer
AG
Serac probably has an off brand body printer. Needs the sweet Delos ones to get the super soldier model
SWCBonfire
AG
And how was Serac in her simulated ideal world if he is a real person?
bobinator
AG
He uploaded her to that simulation, so he can put himself there.
amercer
AG
bobinator said:

He uploaded her to that simulation, so he can put himself there.

And he's a host.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Gotcha. Maybe, but that would kind suck since they apparently got Lee Sizemore pretty wrong, per Maeve.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And it completely slipped by me that Halores was able to see Serac in the board room without glasses, although she clearly needed glasses earlier in the season to see him.

I wonder if there's an explanation/reason for that, or just a plot hole? I'm hoping that gets explained.
Mathguy64
AG
There is a holographic projector in the Board Room. He's clearly on site.
bobinator
AG
Didn't some people digitally attend a board meeting earlier this season in that same room? But yeah, I think the glasses are only necessary in locations that don't have projectors.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.