Westworld 3 - 2020

124,406 Views | 1470 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TCTTS
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ok, my one big nitpick on this episode, unless maybe I missed a detail somewhere.

Delores and Caleb wipe out Liam's fortune by moving all the money out of his account. In what world does someone like him have all their wealth in one cash account vs multiple accounts, lines of credit, stock options, etc.? That just seemed overly simple for a show that tends to nail the details.
bobinator
AG
Maybe the Connells Dolores moved it all around after he got his signature or info or whatever earlier so that actual Dolores could do that.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, that thumbprint process could have done any number of things, and who knows how money is handled 40 years from now. It's not something I'm hung up on.
fig96
AG
Fair enough, just bothered me in a show that's so into detail on the technical side of things.
jamaggie06
AG
I was bugged more by the fact they just wiped him out and he took no action. Even now, there'd be lawsuits and the like, freezing up that money till the courts could decide if it was indeed a legit transaction. When even just a few million is at stake, lawyers get involved. When it's a game of Choose Zero or Choose get half back, half goes to lawyers, you choose lawyer.
TCTTS
AG
Huh? When did he have time to "take action"? Liam still didn't even understand that he had been wiped out before Bernard and Stubbs grabbed him like 30 seconds later.
redline248
AG
I had that same question
TCTTS
AG
Overall, I agree that the stealing-Liam's-money plot line is a bit flimsy. As I posted after the episode, if anything, it felt redundant after Dolores had stolen all of Jerry's money in the first episode. That said, I get why they need more money - to buy up as many Delos shares as they possibly can - and again, I can suspend disbelief when it comes to how tech/accounts operate 40 years in the future. When an episode is that well-executed/structured, I'm definitely more willing to look past certain contrivances.
TCTTS
AG
Man, I am so ready for tonight's episode. With dwindling TV offerings, and no new movies, this is what I look forward to watching most each week, hands down.
tk for tu juan
There it is, the reason for taking Liam's money
tk for tu juan
Taking a drug to turn your life into a film noir would be awesome
schmidthead
WTF... this season is only 8 episodes?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
What was the song this week?

Also, I just realized that is Marshawn Lynch with the emotions t shirt.
schmidthead
That version of Space Oddity was awesome.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
schmidthead said:

That version of Space Oddity was awesome.

I knew it was David Bowie!
Teddy Perkins
AG
Time to pick your side: a stable planet with the illusion of choice or a world where apocalypse is likely.

Also, what is going on with Caleb? What is his actual history? Was he one of the subjects that is being reprogrammed by Serac in one of his flashbacks where he was wearing googles?
amercer
AG
Love this ****
amercer
AG
Seems like Caleb really is the key this season.

Delores showed him his future, but he didn't look (or didn't get a message) when everyone else got their full profiles.
tk for tu juan
I am team chaos/apocalypse, and Dolores/Caleb are the futuristic Bonnie and Clyde we all need.
amercer
AG
Honestly that felt like it could have been the season finale.

The world is on fire, so the other plot points that are going seem kind of irrelevant now. I wonder how they bring it back down for 3 more episodes.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Pour one out for Mantis/Pom/Martel. Thought she would've had a bigger role this season.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Pour one out for Mantis/Pom/Martel. Thought she would've had a bigger role this season.
RIP Chibs.
oragator
Yeah space oddity was perfect. I had to stop and play it back to make sure it was what I thought it was.
They have done a great job of making a deep complex plot without the multiple timelines.
I think I know (most of) Caleb's story, but won't post it because I don't want 10 other ideas coming back, one of which will be right if I am wrong, or folks figuring out more than what I wrote. But after it is resolved I will post what I thought it was, right or wrong.
And yeah, I wanna try that drug, that was awesome!

Next week seems to be when all the plot lines come together, so really looking forward to it.

And yeah, sucks it's only 8 episodes.

Teddy Perkins
AG
oragator said:

Yeah space oddity was perfect. I had to stop and play it back to make sure it was what I thought it was.
They have done a great job of making a deep complex plot without the multiple timelines.
I think I know (most of) Caleb's story, but won't post it because I don't want 10 other ideas coming back, one of which will be right if I am wrong, or folks figuring out more than what I wrote. But after it is resolved I will post what I thought it was, right or wrong.

Next week seems to be when all the plot lines come together, so really looking forward to it.

But, but that's what makes these threads so fun. Is it that he used to be a meth cook in ABQ?!

Also, Genre is gonna be TCTTS's dream drug.
amercer
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

oragator said:

But, but that's what makes these threads so fun. Is it that he used to be a meth cook in ABQ?!

Also, Genre is gonna be TCTTS's dream drug.

Seems like it might make going to the movies irrelevant though, so maybe he wouldn't be all for it....
bobinator
AG
Wow...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Great episode. Also, I would totally take that drug Caleb was on.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
schmidthead said:

WTF... this season is only 8 episodes?
Oh damn. Either I just learned this, or totally forgot. But it certainly explains how everything seems to be moving so fast. I wasn't sure what they could do for another 5 episodes.
bobinator
AG
You don't want to post a theory because if you're afraid someone else's theory might be right?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I didn't have subs on. What was Liam saying to Caleb as he was dying?

"It was you"?
oragator
Haha.
When the theories start coming I actually avoid these threads because I want to be surprised when stuff happens. That's always half the joy of these types of shows, being completely taken by surprise at major plot twists. Just like last week, which pretty much no one saw coming. I read the 2 timeline theory here with season 1 and it took away such a great plot twist surprise from me.
So don't wanna be a hypocrite on that, and don't wanna spoil it for myself either by inviting counter theories. But couple of tumblers did seem to click tonight.
amercer
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I didn't have subs on. What was Liam saying to Caleb as he was dying?

"It was you"?

That's what I heard.

I figured that meant that he was the one that killed Sr, but that was quickly disproven.

Maybe Caleb killed his army buddy?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This. Either spill it, or don't bring it up at all. Someone will "figure out more than you" regardless.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

Maybe Caleb killed his army buddy?
Ooh, good one. Re-programmed so he forgot about it?

Would be a good twist.
bobinator
AG
Yeah I'm basically certain that's the case. I wonder if he was never actually in a war, but he was sent by the system to snatch up the "wildcards" and bring them to that place.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.