*** Avengers: Infinity War --- SPOILERS ALLOWED in here ***

216,604 Views | 1691 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
StringerBell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
didn't get to it but gonna watch it next week to get the back story. Felt like I had a sense of what happened tho
Dr. Horrible
AliasMan02 said:

Lucky #007 said:

Brick Tamland said:

Nice. Pre ordered it immediately after seeing it. Still working on my Marvel digital catalog.
We added the Hulk the other night which was the only one we didn't have and hadn't seen. I now understand why Marvel more or less pretends it never happened.

They reference Hulk more than you think. Not a ton, but little nods. Ross being Secretary of State in Civil War and Infinity War is the big one. Banner talks about "breaking Harlem" in Avengers. The actual Harlem fight is seen and referenced in Iron Man 2. And War Machine uses the Sonic cannons used against Hulk during the airport fight in Civil War at least, and maybe other times. I wanna say it gets mentioned in Thor as well as part of "Fury's big week."
All those references are to The Incredible Hulk with Edward Norton, not Hulk with Eric Bama.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I was talking about the Ed Norton movie. I knew those small references were here and there. Everybody pretends the other version never happened.
AliasMan02
AG
Lucky #007 said:

I was talking about the Ed Norton movie. I knew those small references were here and there. Everybody pretends the other version never happened.

The older Bana version didn't happen. It's not MCU.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Lucky #007 said:

I understand that. Might have used the wrong movie title in my original post. I was never talking about the Bana version.
fightinags2013
AG
A few things I haven't seen discussed much on this thread.

1.) The music was great- and was more memorable than previous Marevl films.
As we pan away from Strange as he tells them the odds of the team winning- wow. Thanos' theme was great.

2.) For those that watched the trailer 20+ times- it was chilling to have Thanos' "I know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right...dread it. Run from it. Destiny still arrives"- line in the very first scene- basically the first words out of his mouth.
Dr. Horrible
Lucky #007 said:

AliasMan02 said:

Lucky #007 said:

I understand that. Might have used the wrong movie title in my original post. I was never talking about the Bana version.
My bad. The wrong title and reference to pretending like it never happened made me think you were talking the Bana one.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
No worries. I got the title wrong.
TexasAggie_02
AG
1.8 billion

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/05/20/box-office-marvels-avengers-infinity-war-tops-1-8-billion-worldwide/#598d5b095dc5
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
fightinags2013 said:

As we pan away from Strange as he tells them the odds of the team winning- wow. Thanos' theme was great.

2.) For those that watched the trailer 20+ times- it was chilling to have Thanos' "I know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right...dread it. Run from it. Destiny still arrives"- line in the very first scene- basically the first words out of his mouth.
The music had a fair amount of Captain America -The First Avenger in it. Along with the original Avengers and that first Cap movie, this is the best Marvel score.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

fightinags2013 said:

The music had a fair amount of Captain America -The First Avenger in it. Along with the original Avengers and that first Cap movie, this is the best Marvel score.

They were all scored by Alan Silvestri (back to the future)
dave94
AG
I've seen it twice and musically my favorite moment was when the Guardians showed up to "Rubberband Man". The Russo's did a great job of mixing in the different vibes for the different groups.
fig96
AG
dave94 said:

I've seen it twice and musically my favorite moment was when the Guardians showed up to "Rubberband Man". The Russo's did a great job of mixing in the different vibes for the different groups.

Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Yeah, I neglected to say who scored them. Silvestri is also known for having done Predator and Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
MandoArms
I'd like to see a complete MCU classic rock play list. They have worked in some great songs into the movies.
IG: mando_arms
Urban Ag
AG
I saw Black Panther last night for the first time, which I really enjoyed by the way. Relating that to IW, one of the only things that kind of bothered me about it was the battle at Wakanda. All of that technology the Wakanda people have and they show up to fight with spears. I get it, the spears are made of Vibranium but who kicked the most ass in that fight? War Machine and to a lesser extent, Banner in the Hulk Buster suit. And it's not even close. At least until Thor arrived. I mean, what is Wakanda even thinking here? I know they're hardcore traditionalists in their culture and customs but build a few tanks, some cluster bombs, anything.
Farmer1906
AG
They're a secret country. The only war they ever had was between tribes and overall it was relatively peaceful. They're probably didn't feel a need to develop weapons like that. They do have aircraft & rhinos. They could have busted that out.
TexasAggie_02
AG
MrPlow2010
AG
I agree with you. Where were the battle rhinos?
TexasAggie_02
AG
MrPlow2010 said:

I agree with you. Where were the battle rhinos?

Hell, where were the aircraft? They had them in BP.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Didn't Bilbo shoot them all down in BP?
easttexasaggie04
AG
I haven't seen Black Panther or Ragnarok. I keep meaning to watch both. I guess I finally need to.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Didn't Bilbo shoot them all down in BP?

KidDoc
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

I haven't seen Black Panther or Ragnarok. I keep meaning to watch both. I guess I finally need to.
I watched Ragnarok yesterday and was underwhelmed. It was just a bit on the silly side and much of the CGI just didn't look close to realistic. In particular when Hela is fighting or when Thor is fighting the hordes of baddies. It has some good moments for sure but I would rank it in the lower spectrum of Marvel movies.

I still need to catch up with Black Panther sometime soon.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The Shank Ag
Are you the god of hammers into kickassery is one of my favorite moments in Marvel. Cue immigrant song, see heimdall and Loki and Valkyrie acknowledge Thor being "back" and hum come out lightning a blazing.
FL_Ag1998
AG
And just like I responded to the guy who was underwhelmed by Infinity War and only rated it a C+...Pffft, haha, lower end of the Marvel spectrum, yeah sure, ok bud.
StringerBell
AG
Saw ragnarok today and it was super duper fun.
FatZilla
AG
Farmer1906 said:

They're a secret country. The only war they ever had was between tribes and overall it was relatively peaceful. They're probably didn't feel a need to develop weapons like that. They do have aircraft & rhinos. They could have busted that out.
IW takes place after BP. End of BP, they go public. They are not a secret anymore. They should have built more defensive weapons in case of invasion. Especially since their amazing barrier can be defeated by...digging under it. lol
AggieLitigator
About to have my 4th viewing of infinity war
easttexasaggie04
AG
Jelly
redline248
AG
I will say that I watched Ragnarok a couple days ago, HD digital from Amazon on a 4k tv. The cgi suffers from such a high quality tv, but it didn't bother much. Dr Strange was the same way. Ragnarok is still so awesome.
jeffk
AG
StringerBell said:

Saw ragnarok today and it was super duper fun.

This made me smile. Such a good flick.
Farmer1906
AG
FatZilla said:

Farmer1906 said:

IW takes place after BP. End of BP, they go public. They are not a secret anymore. They should have built more defensive weapons in case of invasion. Especially since their amazing barrier can be defeated by...digging under it. lol

How long is it between BP & IW? Can you just manufacture tanks and stuff in a matters of weeks (months?)
rhutton125
AG
There's also the difference between going public and preparing to be invaded. They may have been public for several months but you don't really know aliens are coming at you til aliens are coming at you.
TexasAggie_02
AG
rhutton125 said:

There's also the difference between going public and preparing to be invaded. They may have been public for several months but you don't really know aliens are coming at you til aliens are coming at you.

Well, the whole point to BP was that they had the tools necessary to conquer the entire world. Are we to believe that everything necessary for that was in those 4 planes Agent Ross shot down?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.