*** Avengers: Infinity War --- SPOILERS ALLOWED in here ***

208,740 Views | 1691 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Posted about this on the MCU thread. I'm certainly very curious to see what they do. But you have to assume they started planning their strategy as soon as the movie went into pre-production.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Another interesting thing - we're only a year out from A4. Could they potentially release a teaser trailer as soon as July? Would be really soon but, how far out was the first IW teaser?

Edit: Nevermind, totally forgot about Captain Marvel.
Sex Panther
AG
aTmAg said:

yukmonkey said:

aTmAg said:

I haven't seen all of the Marvel movies such as thor, civil war, etc. I've seen the Iron Mans, Guardians of the Galaxy (not realizing they were in the same universe), and a few others. There were moments were some dudes showed up, and I can tell that such a reveal was supposed to be a "F-yeah" moment, but I often didn't know who they were, so it had no effect on me.

So it's not like I was a big fan of the other movies, and was disappointed by this one. Frankly I'm all superheroed out (with these, X-men, superman, etc). I do think this movie is well done. The special effects were seamless, the acting was good (I never knew of Elizabeth Olsen, but she was good).

I'm just not into the genre. It's sorta like musicals. My wife LOVES Mamma Mia and stuff like that. I recognize those productions are good, the singing is (sometimes) good, I just can't get into them.
Yeah it sounds like you're on the wrong thread. Maybe the wrong board.
I didn't realize this was the marvels board

I mean, kinda
Quincey P. Morris
AG
aTmAg said:

I haven't seen all of the Marvel movies such as thor, civil war, etc. I've seen the Iron Mans, Guardians of the Galaxy (not realizing they were in the same universe), and a few others. There were moments were some dudes showed up, and I can tell that such a reveal was supposed to be a "F-yeah" moment, but I often didn't know who they were, so it had no effect on me.

So it's not like I was a big fan of the other movies, and was disappointed by this one. Frankly I'm all superheroed out (with these, X-men, superman, etc). I do think this movie is well done. The special effects were seamless, the acting was good (I never knew of Elizabeth Olsen, but she was good).

I'm just not into the genre. It's sorta like musicals. My wife LOVES Mamma Mia and stuff like that. I recognize those productions are good, the singing is (sometimes) good, I just can't get into them.
In all honesty, I'd have recommended you see all of those before this one, but if it's not your thing then it's not your thing. I'd think not having the background would have made it hard to enjoy even if you are a big fan. This thing is the culmination of nearly 20 previous movies that all add to it, but there's some you definitely needed to see to not be completely lost in this one.
TexasAggie_02
AG
aTmAg said:

It's like you watched the Return of the King, or Return of the Jedi, and are upset that you have no idea what is going on
israeliag
AG
aTmAg - thanks for your input. You're definitely allowed to have your opinion and that you took your kid to see a movie you knew you wouldn't enjoy is to be respected.

I for one was curious to hear what this was like for someone who hadn't followed these films.
aTmAg
AG
I'm not upset. It's just not my cup of tea.
aTmAg
AG
israeliag said:

aTmAg - thanks for your input. You're definitely allowed to have your opinion and that you took your kid to see a movie you knew you wouldn't enjoy is to be respected.

I for one was curious to hear what this was like for someone who hadn't followed these films.
Special effects were great. Acting pretty good. The fact that the bad guy won was unexpected and rewarding surprise. I was thinking, "are you sh**ing me?" when it looked like Thor was going to kill him so easily with that axe.

The big battles got a little tiresome. When a few of major characters got killed, I was surprised. But by the end, so many were dead, that I knew that it wasn't for real. A bunch of those are going to come back, so the deaths lost a lot of their punch.

That being said, I probably will take my kid to the sequel. I won't hate it or anything, so don't get me wrong.
TexasAggie_02
AG
https://movieweb.com/avengers-infinity-war-hulk-end-fight-thanos/

Quote:

Joe Russo discussed the reasoning behind having Hulk sit the majority of Infinity War out. The director admitted that it was not because he was afraid after confronting Thanos on the Asgardian refugee ship. Instead, it was for a completely different, but very important reason. Russo had this to say.

"I think people have interpreted it as Hulk's scared. I mean, certainly, that's not a - I don't know that the Hulk is ever... he's had his ass kicked before, and he loves a good fight. But I think that it's really reflective of the journey from Ragnarok. Is that these two characters are constantly in conflict with each other over control. And I think that if the Hulk were to say why, it'd be (that) Banner only wants Hulk for fighting. I think he's had enough of saving Banner's ass."
DB Coach
AG
Has anyone given any thought or discussion to the end credits scene? Did they screw up the timing or was it on purpose?
Sex Panther
AG
DB Coach said:

Has anyone given any thought or discussion to the end credits scene? Did they screw up the timing or was it on purpose?

What do you mean?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Here's my question, since when is Hulk his own separate personality?

I thought Banner had no control over it. If he gets angry, Hulk came out.
DB Coach
AG
Sorry, I should have explained more what I was thinking.

Fury is in the car and they get a report that a giant ship has entered the atmosphere over Wakanda, and that it's bigger than the last one. A few seconds later people start disappearing. There wasn't near enough time for the battle and all that to actually occur.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It probably took the length of the battle for the news about the ship to hit. Two hours maybe?
DB Coach
AG
I don't know...I can't find it online, but I thought they said something about satellites picking it up, which would mean instantly. Additionally it's the Avengers and Tony Stark has a crapload of tech specifically for that, given the last invasion.
mpl35
AG
DB Coach said:

I don't know...I can't find it online, but I thought they said something about satellites picking it up, which would mean instantly. Additionally it's the Avengers and Tony Stark has a crapload of tech specifically for that, given the last invasion.

Obviously a delay to get word out. Besides did you want a special end scene that lasted as long as the battle so the timing would work out.
DB Coach
AG
Haha no! I was just wondering if somehow that was a clue to the next one.
Ornithopter
AG
DB Coach said:

I think it was an energy signature - so they picked up Thanos and the gauntlet. There wasn't a terribly long time from his arrival to the snap.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Here's my question, since when is Hulk his own separate personality?

I thought Banner had no control over it. If he gets angry, Hulk came out.

In the comics that's been a given for a while now (the separation); in the MCU, you could argue that we were clearly shown the separation in Ragnarok (Hulk clearly demonstrates control over Banner by not letting him out for years while being a gladiator).
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Maybe Drax didn't disappear. Maybe he's just standing so still.
fig96
AG
aTmAg said:

israeliag said:

Special effects were great. Acting pretty good. The fact that the bad guy won was unexpected and rewarding surprise. I was thinking, "are you sh**ing me?" when it looked like Thor was going to kill him so easily with that axe.

The big battles got a little tiresome. When a few of major characters got killed, I was surprised. But by the end, so many were dead, that I knew that it wasn't for real. A bunch of those are going to come back, so the deaths lost a lot of their punch.

That being said, I probably will take my kid to the sequel. I won't hate it or anything, so don't get me wrong.
Not quite sure what genre of film you might be into based on your responses, but do yourself a favor and watch Thor Ragnarok. It's like an 80s fantasy space opera and it's hilarious.
TexasAggie_02
AG
DB Coach said:

Sorry, I should have explained more what I was thinking.

Fury is in the car and they get a report that a giant ship has entered the atmosphere over Wakanda, and that it's bigger than the last one. A few seconds later people start disappearing. There wasn't near enough time for the battle and all that to actually occur.
probably referring to thanos' huge mothership. IIRC correctly, it launched some of the donut ships towards wakanda, which dropped the "drop pods" for lack of a better word. Maybe after the snap, the mother ship starts to move into the atmosphere.
aTmAg
AG
fig96 said:

aTmAg said:

israeliag said:

Not quite sure what genre of film you might be into based on your responses, but do yourself a favor and watch Thor Ragnarok. It's like an 80s fantasy space opera and it's hilarious.
I can't tell if you are joking, but that sounds really bad. Like cop rock bad.
Sex Panther
AG
aTmAg said:

fig96 said:

aTmAg said:

israeliag said:

You're obviously not worthy
Phat32
AG
aTmAg said:

Another day, another Doug...
FL_Ag1998
AG
aTmAg said:

fig96 said:

aTmAg said:

israeliag said:

Ok, at this point I seriously want to know what movies you watch for fun. As in lighthearted, fun movies that put a smile on your face.
lostrg
Am I the only one who thinks the people that vaporized aren't dead? They're being transported maybe temporarily and will likely come back in the next movie?
Bruce Almighty
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

aTmAg said:

fig96 said:

aTmAg said:

israeliag said:

Ok, at this point I seriously want to know what movies you watch for fun. As in lighthearted, fun movies that put a smile on your face.

You are asking this question to who is probably the most serious poster on all of TexAgs,
aTmAg
AG
Sex Panther said:

aTmAg said:

fig96 said:

aTmAg said:

israeliag said:

Space opera? Like as in a musical? Or just a fun 80's-like movie?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
aTmAg said:

Sex Panther said:

aTmAg said:

fig96 said:

aTmAg said:

israeliag said:

Space opera is what they call movies like Star Wars.

From Wikipedia:

Space opera is a subgenre of science fiction that emphasizes space warfare, melodramatic adventure, interplanetary battles, chivalric romance, and risk-taking. Set mainly or entirely in outer space, it usually involves conflict between opponents possessing advanced abilities, futuristic weapons, and other sophisticated technology.[citation needed] The term has no relation to music, but is instead a play on the terms "soap opera" and "horse opera",[citation needed] the latter of which was coined during the 1930s to indicate clichd and formulaic Western movies.
aTmAg
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

aTmAg said:

fig96 said:

aTmAg said:

israeliag said:

I don't watch many movies in theaters as of late. The last one I watched was Star Wars. I always see those in the theaters (not opening night or anything). I did watch the Hangover on a business trip, and thought it was hilarious. On TV, I watch(ed) Silicon Valley, Parks and Rec, Seinfeld, etc. Some of my most favorite lighthearted movies of all time are True Lies, Tropic Thunder, Airplane, Groundhog Day, etc. Regarding Marvel movies, I thought Guardians of the Galaxy was great. I had no idea that it was part of a larger universe that took itself more seriously. I watched it as a standalone lighthearted fun movie that was meant to put a smile on my face, and it did.
aTmAg
AG
Champ Bailey said:

aTmAg said:

Sex Panther said:

aTmAg said:

fig96 said:

aTmAg said:

israeliag said:

From Wikipedia:

Space opera is a subgenre of science fiction that emphasizes space warfare, melodramatic adventure, interplanetary battles, chivalric romance, and risk-taking. Set mainly or entirely in outer space, it usually involves conflict between opponents possessing advanced abilities, futuristic weapons, and other sophisticated technology.[citation needed] The term has no relation to music, but is instead a play on the terms "soap opera" and "horse opera",[citation needed] the latter of which was coined during the 1930s to indicate clichd and formulaic Western movies.
Oh, my bad. I'll check it out then. (Odd that I cannot remember that term. Seems like I should have known that. I guess I'm getting old)
FL_Ag1998
AG
aTmAg said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

aTmAg said:

fig96 said:

aTmAg said:

israeliag said:

I don't watch many movies in theaters as of late. The last one I watched was Star Wars. I always see those in the theaters (not opening night or anything). I did watch the Hangover on a business trip, and thought it was hilarious. On TV, I watch(ed) Silicon Valley, Parks and Rec, Seinfeld, etc. Some of my most favorite lighthearted movies of all time are True Lies, Tropic Thunder, Airplane, Groundhog Day, etc. Regarding Marvel movies, I thought Guardians of the Galaxy was great. I had no idea that it was part of a larger universe that took itself more seriously. I watched it as a standalone lighthearted fun movie that was meant to put a smile on my face, and it did.

Ok, so I honestly would think that a good portion of these Marvel movies would appeal to you, at least on a superficial level. Thor: Ragnorak, AntMan, IronMan
Average Joe
AG
aTmAg said:

Champ Bailey said:

aTmAg said:

Sex Panther said:

aTmAg said:

fig96 said:

aTmAg said:

israeliag said:

From Wikipedia:

Oh, my bad. I'll check it out then. (Odd that I cannot remember that term. Seems like I should have known that. I guess I'm getting old)

If you liked Guardians of the Galaxy then you should definitely like Thor:Ragnarok. They are similar in style and feel.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.