*** Avengers: Infinity War --- SPOILERS ALLOWED in here ***

208,864 Views | 1691 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
MBAR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There was a reoccuring theme that you have to kill off what you love to advance. Starlord/Gamora, Thanos/Gamora, and SW/Vision. Maybe even Strange and the Time Stone. I wonder if that was a nod to where the MCU is going overall.
wangus12
AG
Also Drax has been great with the comedic relief.

"Why is Gamora"

"I can take it"

Calling Quill fat and Thor a Man

Thor calling Rocket "Rabbit"

And of course Rocket saying, "I'm gonna get that arm"
imjustsayin
AG
Saw it last night.... loved it... definitely exhausting. I came on this thread to write my thoughts and could t find anything to say. Still struggling. It was a very good movie and had good laughs and some oh so painful moments. Parker and Stark at the end, very tough, gamora and thanos, very tough.

Was that the original red skull actor?
MBAR
AG
No it was a new one.
hurleyag
AG
Avengers 4: Eggsy Saves the Day
wangus12
AG
Nope. That was the guy from the Walking Dead. Ross Marquand.

It wasn't Hugo Weaving
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Avengers 4: God Help us if Captain Marvel Sucked

I'd like the ultimate ending to be when the remaining characters are in some last ditch battle vs. Thanos and whatever reverses the deaths happens to where Thanos is suddenly surrounded by literally every single Marvel character minus the truly dead ones - VIsion, Loki, etc. Like all 60 or 80 or however many of them there are in one colossal 360-spin around shot with Thanos at the middle.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So... it's all Starlord's fault, right?
chipotle
colossal 360-spin around shots
wangus12
AG
Pretty much.
c-jags
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm going to say not entirely. Thor not beating Thanos in the head relentlessly afterwards was a mistake as well.

Strange obviously saw a path forward with that happening, so he had his part to play.
AgMarauder04
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I blame Kevin Feige.
toucan82
I blame Henry Cavill's mustache
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Was talking about this with a friend. Trying to think of the last time I left the theater with such a dead-quiet audience.

I think it was The Passion.
3rdGen2015
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Was talking about this with a friend. Trying to think of the last time I left the theater with such a dead-quiet audience.

It was a pretty strange experience having nobody leave their seats as the credits were rolling
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This was pretty much everyone when the credits started rolling.

The Debt
I had college aged girls crying behind me. It was hilarious.
hurleyag
AG
The Debt said:

I had college aged girls crying behind me. It was hilarious.
Better than the annoying college guy that had to loudly acknowledge every Easter egg shown to let the theater know he was a true fan, including yelling out "that's Captain Marvel's logo!" at the end...
wangus12
AG
That was a high school girl telling her dad everything last night. Aggravating as hell.

Sitting down for a 2nd viewing
Andyzipp
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

We had pretty strong applause when Cap came out of the darkness against Proxima and again when Thor showed up during the final battle. But from the moment Thanos snapped his fingers, complete and total silence until after the credits.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I had a group of Koreans next to me, two of them talking to each other THE ENTIRE time. And a toddler behind me being annoying.
Brock Sampson
AG
So I'm thinking Shuri must have some info from the Mind Stone that is going to help out the remaining team in Avengers 4. I feel like they dedicated a lot of time to that stone.

Also the next movie will be called Avengers 4: Howard The Duck
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
You just described the audience I watched it with earlier today.

Ok, so there any doubt that Thanos is the MCU's best villain? He actually came across a good bit sympathetic in how he related to Gamora.

I loved seeing Red Skull again even if it was not Hugo Weaving.

Aside from Thanos, I thought Thor stole the show. Banner too. As in Civil War's "really old" movie reference, I got a good chuckle out of Spider-Man referencing Aliens.

Cannot wait until Monday when I am seeing it a second time with my family.
miller0926
AG
Thor was bada$$ this movie. I think my 2 favorite moments of this movie were cap, Widow, and Falcon showing up to Scotland and kicking ass and when Thor, Rocket and Groot arrived at Wakanda.

I also loved the 30 seconds or so on Titan of Strange vs. Thanos
Vince Blake
Just got out and absolutely loved this movie. My two favorite things:

1. Basically from after the Marvel Studios logo it was go time and the action never let up.

2. Thanos was a lot deeper character than I was expecting and it worked.

To me, this is one of the best sci-fi movies ever made.
PatAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

My showing of Dunkirk was pretty quiet after
Pro Ag
AG
I really enjoyed it. Wished we would have had more background on Thanos' crew and seen him take the first stone. Him starting with the power stone doesn't let us see how badass he is without any stone.

Unless the Hulk not wanting to come to fight is a huge part of the story for the next movie, I am disappointed we didn't get something more there.

Like others have said, knowing there are future movies with characters that disappeared takes some of the weight away from their deaths. I also wish we would have seen at least one of the team die at the hands of Thanos' crew. There are other things you could nitpick, but it was a great one. I am looking forward to seeing it a second time when I go with my wife.
PatAg
AG
Pro Ag said:

I really enjoyed it. Wished we would have had more background on Thanos's crew and seen him take the first stone. Him starting with the power stone doesn't let us see how badass he is without any stone.

Like others have said, knowing there are future movies with characters that disappeared takes some of the weight away from their deaths. There are other things you could nitpick, but it was a great one. I am looking forward to seeing it a second time when I go with my wife.
I dont know what movie, but we already knew from a previous movie's post credit scene that he was about to hit up the golden people planet and get the stone.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"You're a sandwich away from fat."
TajMaballer
AG
I'm still reeling from this movie.. incredible all around movie.

The exchange that I think back to the most though is:

"I am Groot."

"I am Steve Rogers."

I gotta see this one again as soon as possible!
Brock Sampson
AG
Movie started off very intense, had some good laughs and action in the middle, and then dropped the hammer at the end. A ton of funny quotes. I think I laughed hardest when Starlord called Thanos' chin a ball sack.
The Debt
TajMaballer said:

I'm still reeling from this movie.. incredible all around movie.

The exchange that I think back to the most though is:

"I am Groot."

"I am Steve Rogers."

I gotta see this one again as soon as possible!

Pretty much how a man from the 30s and 40s would expect to talk to an alien being.
agenjake
I'll play along with this...

If there are two parallel universes, then I wonder if Banner will be in one and Hulk will be in the other.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"Motherf--"
wangus12
AG
Hulk is just being a *****. Its the first time he really got his ass kicked and now he doesn't want to come out anymore.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.