*** WATCHMEN (HBO) ***

123,920 Views | 1166 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by third coast..
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think I'm going to miss these recaps more than the show itself. Great wrap up episode.
TCTTS
AG
Now all we need is Volume 3 of the soundtrack, which was supposed to release yesterday but still isn't up...
Hey...so.. um
Those videos are great. Very neatly done and lots of information. Almost too much information because they picked up on every little thing, they noticed some things I'm not sure I wanted to notice or figure out, but overall they were a great help.

I love to binge tv shows, but shows like this and Westworld and GOT, I like the once a week so I can read and watch videos in between episodes. Sometimes I wish they did 2 episodes a week. Like Sunday/Wednesday. Just slightly faster, but still time to breath between.
MW03
AG
I'm glad we're not binge only. There's no conversation about shows like Ozark, because inevitably it's too hard to coordinate. I'll say it again, but the salad days on this board for TV watching was LOST, before Reddit and the hive mind was a thing.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS said:

Now all we need is Volume 3 of the soundtrack, which was supposed to release yesterday but still isn't up...

Finally up on Apple Music, Spotify, etc.
BurntOrangeIsBeautiful
She probably fell through the water because that wasn't the aim of him telling her it was important to see him walk on water. He was continuing the show's move to type him as a Christ figure. What he was really saying is he'd be back/would rise again. Further support of this is Adrian saying "he should have done more" when he was alone with them. This is a common criticism non-believers hurl at Jesus. "Yeah but with his power he could have done more..."
easttexasaggie04
AG
So, what are we gonna watch now?
redline248
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

So, what are we gonna watch now?

Witcher on Netflix
easttexasaggie04
AG
Awesome...has it dropped yet?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

Awesome...has it dropped yet?

Tuh day
Thunder18
AG
Yes and the first episode was pretty badass
BenFiasco14
AG
So, days before this series, but it's clear what Sturgill was talking about how here -

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Sex Panther
AG
Aren't you a comic reader Ben? You never put that together?

Sturgill is def a fan of Watchmen. Read this interview from a few years ago. Sturgill = Dr. Manhattan.

http://www.nashcountrydaily.com/2016/08/29/sturgill-simpsons-facebook-post-bashes-the-acms-music-row-and-garden-gun/
theSCHW4B
AG
So I watched this as it aired, but my roommate just got around to starting it. I went in to the series with no prior Watchmen knowledge, and so did he.

He pauses about halfway through and asks me if I was confused when I started watching. I said yeah, you'll be pretty confused for awhile but they do a good job of explaining everything.

He finishes the episode and comes out and says that he feels like he missed something. So I ask him what had happened in the episode that he was confused about. He said they had just taken the powers from the blue guy, and then the chick ate the egg and it ended with her trying to walk on the pool. HE WATCHED THE FINALE FIRST! I asked him how he understood anything of what he just watched. He said he didn't. I can only imagine what was going through his head as he was trying to make sense of everything.

Anyway, just thought that was pretty funny.
redline248
AG
No offense, but is your friend an idiot all the time, or just with episode numbers?
theSCHW4B
AG
Eh, pretty much all the time.
Laser Wolf
I couldn't get more than halfway through episode 1. This show is straight up garbage.
TRUMP 2020! KEEP AMERICA GREAT!
CNN is very fake news.
I Stand with Sul Ross.
#NotAnotherDime
BLM is a lie.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Laser Wolf said:

I couldn't get more than halfway through episode 1. This show is straight up garbage.

ok.
Thunder18
AG
Hot take
amercer
AG
Laser Wolf said:

Congrats on saving yourself 8.5 hours. I'm sure you'll spend it watching something way cooler.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Laser Wolf said:

It's only a spin-off of arguably the greatest graphic novel ever. Sure you know what you're talking about though.
Another Doug
AG
Laser Wolf said:

Politics (59.9%).... shocking.

fig96
AG
Laser Wolf said:

I watched the entire series of The I-Land. You have no idea what garbage is.
Duncan Idaho
I-land series?
fig96
AG
Yup, Netflix.

Imagine Lost if the show had zero intrigue and you despised every character.
Duncan Idaho
fig96 said:

Yup, Netflix.

Imagine Lost if the show had zero intrigue and you despised every character.

So....lost
fig96
AG
Even if you hated Lost, not even close.
JCRiley09
AG
Why did you watch the whole series?
fig96
AG
It was sort of a combination of just enough that I was curious about plus thinking it absolutely had to get better.

Spoiler: It didn't, aside from a brief bit of promise in the second to last ep.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
fig96
AG
C@LAg said:

Great Beard of Zeus said:

Laser Wolf said:

It's only a spin-off of arguably the greatest graphic novel ever. Sure you know what you're talking about though.
and The Phantom Menace is a spin off of the greatest sci-fi/fantasy trilogy ever.

See how that works.
Even if you didn't like it, calling the show straight up garbage is just lazy and dumb (particular as it got pretty fantastic reviews across the board). If you actually have an opinion then at least put it out there.
Duncan Idaho
Some people get triggered when they venture out of their safe spaces.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
C@LAg said:

Great Beard of Zeus said:

Laser Wolf said:

and The Phantom Menace is a spin off of the greatest sci-fi/fantasy trilogy ever.

See how that works.
Something Garbage is something you wouldn't watch again.

Have you ever watched Phantom Menace more than once?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
mazag08
AG
I don't understand how anyone could not like this show, unless you are just not a fan of action, sci fi, or good story writing.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.