*****Official The Walking Dead Season 6*****

177,408 Views | 1337 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ryan the Temp
Ryan the Temp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

quote:
Is the mayor a different actress, or is she a zombie and doesn't know it?
It's the same actress. I think they are making a point to show as becoming more haggard and run-down as she figures out what the reality of the world outside their enclave is.
quote:
Lesbian scene unnecessary and horrible acting from fat untrained Doctor.
I disagree. They played it up earlier to imply she was going to become Eugene's girlfriend, so it was a fun twist, and the dialogue was important.

quote:
Horrible episode.

I must be the only person who thought the episode actually went pretty fast. I liked it because the Alexandrians are finally getting to know what the rest of us know.
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
quote:
You can hear a gun shot when blondie is folding her shirt in the garage.

Watched it again with the volume turned up and you can hear something, but it didn't sound like a gunshot to me - more like someone hitting a garage door. And neither Rick or Jessie acted like they heard a gunshot.
I know. Which is annoying, Rick & his people aren't the type to ignore distant gunfire.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
The blood was clearly coming from a small hole in the wall 5-6 feet from ground level. It was not dropping down from the top level indicating a suicide.

Also that wasn't a gunshot. May have even been part of the music of the scene.

I didn't hate the episode as much as everyone else but I don't like how they just completely glossed over Rick getting out of the RV and I don't like that Rick could have theoretically led the walkers away from the town but instead led them directly to it.
Objective Aggie
AG
I know it is insurmountable, but shouldn't they be killing the walkers one by one. Like having Michone stab them through the fence or something?

Just getting rid of 10%-20% could be enough to help the pressure of the wall, etc. And if they ever breach the wall, then atleast you made a dent in their numbers.

Also, couldn't they start a fire at a remote point which would theoretically draw the walkers to the fire? Or leave a horn on or some other loud noise? Do something to draw them away?
regurkmatt
Probably my least favorite episode of the series. Way too many horribly written, long-winded speeches given in an awkward and unrealistic settings. The blond lady's speech was the worst.
Muy
AG
Seems like a long pole with a spear at the end would let them kill walkers at enough depth to hold back then others.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
quote:
I know it is insurmountable, but shouldn't they be killing the walkers one by one. Like having Michone stab them through the fence or something?

Just getting rid of 10%-20% could be enough to help the pressure of the wall, etc. And if they ever breach the wall, then atleast you made a dent in their numbers.

Also, couldn't they start a fire at a remote point which would theoretically draw the walkers to the fire? Or leave a horn on or some other loud noise? Do something to draw them away?

I've thought this for a long while now. A couple of gun ports in the wall at various places and then just stab away. They were doing this at the prison, you'd think they'd be doing it now.
BigAggie06
AG
When I saw the blood seeping through the walls my thought was pressure of the horde crushing walkers against the wall.

We have seen similar thing I think with fences it seems like?

I think it is foreshadowing to the wall having an issue.
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
Seems like a long pole with a spear at the end would let them kill walkers at enough depth to hold back then others.

They used to stab them at the fence in the prison.

Ricks people know that they should keep an eye on the structural integrity of the fence. Just saying.

Just like Glenn wouldn't have subordinated his judgment to suicide boy.
LHIOB
AG
The guys over at Uproxx think that the blood may have been Spencers after him mom killed him for being worthless.
et98
AG
quote:

I agree.

20 people with spears/swords/etc.
Each person works 8 hours per day killing just 20 walkers per hour.
That's 160 walkers per person per day.
They'd clear 10,000 walkers in 3 days...and that's at a very easy pace.

They'd have to come up with a way to move the herd around the compound in order to safely remove the bodies from time to time, but that's shouldn't be that tough.
LawAg05
AG
Bad episode. No real plot progression or action. Lots of talking with characters no one cares about.

Looks like the next episode will focus on Daryl et al who took the other half of the horde. Maybe the week after that we find out what happened to Glen.

This whole season is way too predictable. There will be some kind of breach into Alexandria by walkers, wolves, or both. During said breach they will kill off one or two major characters, a bunch of minor characters you have built up with crappy dialogue (looking at you Morgan and Capt Catherine Janeway), then end the season in Alexandria on a note where everyone is sad, but alive.

They need to slap their writers for being lazy this season.
LawAg05
AG
Agree on thinning the herd.

I've never understood why they don't just get a bunch of battery powered bike flashers and hang them 10 ft off the ground leading in a path off of a cliff or into some sort of trap. Any kind of remote controlled noise/light system would also be simple and effective way of disposing of walkers and prevent them from hording around you.

Also, why are the support beams outside of the compound? Shouldn't they be opposing the force being exerted on the wall i.e. walkers pushing against the wall from the outside so support beams push back from the interior.
Apache
AG
quote:
Also, why are the support beams outside of the compound? Shouldn't they be opposing the force being exerted on the wall i.e. walkers pushing against the wall from the outside so support beams push back from the interior.
The architect originally had no support beams. The general contractor pointed this out, and the engineer designed them on the inside. The Alexandrians thought the diagonal bracing was a little too "Brutalist Architecture" and thus demanded they be placed outside.

Stive
AG
quote:
Agree on thinning the herd.

I've never understood why they don't just get a bunch of battery powered bike flashers and hang them 10 ft off the ground leading in a path off of a cliff or into some sort of trap. Any kind of remote controlled noise/light system would also be simple and effective way of disposing of walkers and prevent them from hording around you.

You mean like the wolves did in their trap?

Seems like an easy fix.
LawAg05
AG
Kindof. I mean more line an airport runway. You have flashers above the heads of the walkers that flash in a line toward a certain direction. If you can control where they are drawn to, I don't see why you couldn't have a "zombie runway" towards the edge of that cliff. Hell, you could hang some meat off the ledge for good measure.

It would be like a real world game of lemmings.

They already proved the concept works when they led them out of the quarry. You just need to automate it.
Centerpole90
AG
Blondie's kids better fix their attitudes, straighten up, and fly right - because when Rick becomes Daddy he ain't got time to be coddling their *sses.
AMW2010
AG
Here's my take on the episode... P.Monroe is mentioned on the wall... That is a name of an upcoming character, like when we saw Morgan street...the walls were "crying" blood tears ( that has biblical meanings)... And Monroe has a nickname that would seem to tie that all together... Almost savior like and foreshadowing of what's to come. Maybe... But I'm just speculating
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
The guys over at Uproxx think that the blood may have been Spencers after him mom killed him for being worthless.
I like this.
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
Will Rick kick her out for vigilante justice like he did to Carol?
Cen-Tex
AG
Maybe next season we'll see if Glenn crawls out from under the dumpster
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Season finale, if we're lucky.
Canyon99
AG
Very happy that Rick finally got his carrot wet. I bet he almost shot a hole thru her with all that pent up frustration.
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
quote:
I hope they don't Sophia us.
BigRobSA
quote:
quote:
quote:
I hope they don't Sophia us.
I would be DONE with the show.....

....until the Season 7 premiere!
annie88
AG
quote:
quote:
I think the senators son was not so fortunate, and has dispatched himself atop the scaffold.

Quite possible.

Either this or he jumped off and ended it since he thinks it's over. Get drunk, tell off your mom, eat a cracker bread and jump. Nice way to die.

Or, the walkers are pushing more and it's breaking some.
annie88
AG

quote:
Lesbian scene unnecessary and horrible acting from fat untrained Doctor.
Wasn't really a big deal, but did seemed contrived. But the actress playing the doctor has won an Emmy.

quote:
They played it up earlier to imply she was going to become Eugene's girlfriend
Really? She came out as gay from the beginning, why would she become Eugene's girlfriend?
annie88
AG
quote:
I was thinking the same thing. Get really long spears and just keep stabbing them in the head as they come closer. Then burn them. Weird they're just letting them stay there.
oh no
AG
I think their plan is easier/ more practical - wait for Abraham and Sasha to come back with the car and get the zombie parade going again... if you stab a few hundred or a thousand with a spear, you have to move all those bodies later. The smell has got to be quite putrid ... and you can't burn them right there; you'll be burning your own wall.

....and Rick even admitted that he thought they'd be back with the car by now...
Gigem314
AG
quote:
Centerpole90
AG
I got tickled @ Rick shouting to the group -

WE ALL HAVE TO KEEP QUIET!

No sheet. How about we sty off the towers or at least hunker down a little out of sight so as not to tease the HUMONGOUS HORDE OF WALKERS.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
I got tickled @ Rick shouting to the group -

WE ALL HAVE TO KEEP QUIET!

No sheet. How about we sty off the towers or at least hunker down a little out of sight so as not to tease the HUMONGOUS HORDE OF WALKERS.
And keep the blinds pulled or lights off ...

While he makes out with sweet tits with the garage door open and all the lights on.
combat wombat™
AG
Yeah. And lady in charge beats on the gate.
Centerpole90
AG
YES.. And that.
et98
AG
So now that Maggie is pregnant, does that mean she's going to be walking around in a fat suit for the next 3 seasons?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.