*****Official The Walking Dead Season 6*****

177,177 Views | 1337 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ryan the Temp
combat wombat™
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well, at least we know Rick's alive. "Open the gates!"
IJones23
quote:
Just finished watching it, and it's official - Morgan is the worst character ever. Him leaving that wolf alive is going to get more people killed.

That and this episode was Fing boring as hell.

I could understand his new philosophy in the "old" world, but it's kill or be killed now, and anyone not willing to kill someone who's trying to kill them is just plain stupid.
2008and1
AG
quote:
Somehow I've forgotten some of the big details of what happened with Morgan before Alexandria.

I forgot that his zombie wife took out his son. My confusion is that I thought he shot her with the rifle from his house. How did she get his son?? How did she get inside?

He couldn't pull the trigger.
Greeze06
AG
I'm thinking the guy who he let's go turns into his version of the psychologists Creighton killer. He kills someone's family and it's all on Morgan
combat wombat™
AG
Morgan's inability to kill people who need to be killed has gotten others killed before.
The Debt
I think what you will see is Morgan giving up his peace because the wolf. This results in him clearing again and Rick having to put him down.

I expect Morgan to kill off a few characters.
et98
AG
quote:
Well, at least we know Rick's alive. "Open the gates!"
My closed captioning lists Rick as the one yelling that, which means he made it out of his situation.

Which brings me to another point, am I the only one who watches this show with CC on? I don't know if it's the fact that half the cast is a British actor trying to do a Georgia accent, but I often struggle with understanding what they are saying without CC.
combat wombat™
AG
We watch everything with CC on. But I didn't notice if that was on last night.
Stive
AG
quote:
We watch everything with CC on. But I didn't notice if that was on last night.

Same here. I've watched all of my main shows on CC since Deadwood and Rome 10+ years ago. I'm no where near deaf, but I have a hard time watching shows like this, or Game of Thrones without CC.
Beer Baron
AG

quote:
Just finished watching it, and it's official - Morgan is the worst character ever. Him leaving that wolf alive is going to get more people killed.
The only thing keeping this from being true is the continued inexplicable survival of Father Gabriel.
chipotle
LOL....aikido
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:

quote:
The only thing keeping this from being true is the continued inexplicable survival of Father Gabriel.
Fair point.
aTmAg
AG
I had a hard time containing my laughter watching that fat bald dude be portrayed as some sort of aikido expert. That is beyond lame.
Ryan the Temp
AG
He doesn't have to be an expert; he just has to be good enough to kick your ass.
aTmAg
AG
Actually he has to be good enough to kick the average apocalypse survivors ass. Which is doubtful.

It is lazy ass writing to have Morgan turn into a martial arts expert. As soon as they started down that path, I pulled my eye rolling muscles.
LHIOB
AG
How many times are they going to use the "person who should have been killed and wasn't will now kill someone" routine?
BigRobSA
Didn't need 90 mins if Morgan's storyline. With his penchant for poosdome, recently, I seriously can't raise enough of a give-a-flip about him, or his backstory.

And his wussdom got his "Sensei" killed. Yet another person he's gotten killed.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
I'm not so sure Morgan is letting the wolf live, as much as he is not directly killing him. He is still tied up, in a basement, locked up. He seemed to hesitate locking the metal door, as if to make the deliberate decision to lock him up.

The big take aways I had are.

1. Rick is alive as at the end he is screaming open the gate, presumably this is his return after the horde passes him in RV.
2. Morgan is mirroring his sensie's killing of his mortal enemy
3. Preview show Maggie suiting up to go out, assuming again this is to search for Glenn.
boy09
AG
As good as the first few eps have been, I knew we were due for a dud. It really didn't need to be a 90 minute dud though...
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
I don't understand the hate for this episode or for aikido.
OldCamp
quote:
am I the only one who watches this show with CC on
I have little kids asleep at 8pm. We watch everything with CC because we keep the volume so low.
StringerBell
AG
quote:

Aikido is fine

The thought that Morgan could become an expert on it in a brief amount of time is kinda silly

But then again there was also a goat named tabatha which is also kind of silly
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
quote:
quote:

Aikido is fine

The thought that Morgan could become an expert on it in a brief amount of time is kinda silly

Here's the thing though....it was implied that this all took place over quite a while. Why are you all assuming that it was a "brief" amount of time? He was basically there from the time Rick and The Gang left him in his crazy state until the Terminus storyline. That was a good while.
Ryan the Temp
AG
There were approximately 217 days between Rick's encounter with Morgan and when Morgan arrived at Terminus. That's a pretty good chunk of time with nothing to do but train.
oh no
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Aikido is fine

Here's the thing though....it was implied that this all took place over quite a while. Why are you all assuming that it was a "brief" amount of time? He was basically there from the time Rick and The Gang left him in his crazy state until the Terminus storyline. That was a good while.
but judith is still a tiny infant... he became a black belt from swinging a stick down by the river with a old fat white dude in record time.
oh no
AG
i admit that i shed a tiny tear when Tabitha got eaten before they learned how to make cheese.
Danny_Duberstein
There was definitely a goofball factor, but I still enjoyed the episode - particularly the backstory of Old Man Aikido.
aTmAg
AG
quote:
Because it's a played and lazy storyline. It seems that at least 50% of TV shows/movies have at least one person who is a karate master of some sort. James Bond was written as a womanizing karate badass because MI6 was suffering a bunch of scandals where their officers were outed as being gay. Ian Flemming wanted to counter that reputation. Virtually every spy movie since presented spys as Bruce Lee's who are expert marksmen. In real life, they are nothing like that at all. Then you have movies like The Matrix and like Sherlock Holmes (with Robert Downey Jr.) that take average Joes and make them into karate masters. I wouldn't be surprised if in a year or so, a movie about Einstein comes out and it shows him moonlighting as a champion bare fisted boxer after hours. Dudes who are good at that dedicate their lives to it. It's not something that people pick up in 1 year. I'm glad that shows like Breaking Bad, Mad Men, House of Cards, etc. don't have characters breaking out their karate skills. It would cheapen them as well.

I'm not saying I don't like TWD. Just that one story line bugs the hell out of me.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
So what's a more "realistic" way to kill zombies?
CDub06
AG
Well, there's not a whole lot else to do. So he can dedicate entire days to mastering his sweet stick skills.

And yes, I was most sad about the goat.
aTmAg
AG
quote:
So what's a more "realistic" way to kill zombies?
It's not about realism. It's copying what a bunch of shows have already been doing for decades.
Connd
Once they said the word 'aikido' my hatred for Steven Segal started flaring up and I was no longer in the episode.
aTmAg
AG
quote:
Well, there's not a whole lot else to do. So he can dedicate entire days to mastering his sweet stick skills.

And yes, I was most sad about the goat.
When he first came back and took out those 2 dudes with his new found Bruce Lee skills, I was hoping that instead he would have used his brain to get out of that. Like maybe have one of those guns that are hidden under his sleeve or maybe a cleverly planted pipe bomb. When he started his karate crap, I had to face palm.
combat wombat™
AG
The whole "all life is precious" mantra is crap. If life is precious, then you HAVE TO, MUST put down the Wolf who would kill everyone if he's given the opportunity to do so. And you know he'll get the opportunity.
oh no
AG
that wolf's teeth made me want to go throw away a bunch of my kids' halloween candy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.