*****Official The Walking Dead Season 6*****

177,117 Views | 1337 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ryan the Temp
The Debt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
It's gonna be funny if it's father gabriel.
I doubt it. He's very into self-preservation... it's one of his biggest priorities, no matter the cost.

Or he thinks alexandria must be judged because they sided with the evil group (rick)
BigRobSA
quote:
This was supposed to be a dress rehearsal.

Glen: I'm supposed to be delivering pizzas, man.

Something along those lines.

I thought the episode was excellent.
Also liked Abraham's line, after the "dress rehearsal" went to crap and they were improvising somewhat....

Rick said something to him and the black girl.

Abraham: "Damn right, we'll do it live!"

Brought back memories of the oft-shown Bill O'Reilly tirade:
chipotle
I think it's father gabriel as well "blowing his horn". Why are black people always cast as the folks always screwing things up.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
quote:
This was supposed to be a dress rehearsal.

Glen: I'm supposed to be delivering pizzas, man.

Something along those lines.

I thought the episode was excellent.
Also liked Abraham's line, after the "dress rehearsal" went to crap and they were improvising somewhat....

Rick said something to him and the black girl.

Abraham: "Damn right, we'll do it live!"

Brought back memories of the oft-shown Bill O'Reilly tirade:

That was exactly what went through my mind at that moment.
The Debt
Interesting. I rewatched the town meeting. The black dude said there was a camp inside the quarry and they suspected (but could not confirm) the campers put the 4 trucks there to keep Zs out.

What if it was like the trap Daryl and gayboy fell into? Wolves put a camp down at the bottom, survivors go looking for supplies, then all 4 trailers release Zs, both exits are blocked by Zs.

But the wolves ended up not being able to reset the trap because too many walkers came. They then learned to set traps in fenced places so they could control external flow.
third
AG
This was only supposed to be a dry run though, so the people in town would not know that they are actually moving the walkers now. If someone is trying to mess up the plan they would have to have seen them moving the walkers.
OldCamp
quote:
This was only supposed to be a dry run though, so the people in town would not know that they are actually moving the walkers now. If someone is trying to mess up the plan they would have to have seen them moving the walkers.
This was my first thought as well.
It is possible that the horn is not meant to lure the zombies to the town.
We are just assuming the horn is some type of sabotage of Rick's plan, but it could be something much more innocent.
Maybe the town is under attack and the townspeople are blaring the horn to alert the others for help.

SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
I agree. I think it may be more of an emergemcu signal to alert everyone to get back. It's hitting the fan inside the walls.
LawAg05
AG
The zombies falling into the quarry were sliding, not falling off of a cliff. Some zombies were dying just from running into the wall, so it's possible for a fall to kill or at least severely disable the majority of them. If they can make a passageway lined with cars for the herd why don't they just curve the passage off of the cliff and hang a piece of meat or something flashing noisy object off the cliff and let them all plummet? Then they can just reset the quarry trap and go on living.

Right now they are just planning on letting the zombies migrate somewhere else, which seems like a poor end to the plan and also really dangerous for Daryl. How does he get away without leading them back? The road back is covered so he can't really turn around.
toucan82
quote:
quote:
No more Nick Papageorgio from Yuma
Thats Preston Meyers, sir
he'll always be T.B. Player from the Oneders to me
wessimo
AG
Agree, they should have just made a circular path where the zombies would walk up a path to the edge then fall off the cliff. If they "survive" the fall they would repeat the process until sustaining a head injury or sufficient limb injuries to make them immobile.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Through the woods?
hurleyag
AG
My thoughts on the horn is it isn't someone back at the town trying to sabotage. They weren't supposed to be moving the herd until the next day. So unless the culprit was trailing them on the dry run just in case they had to do it, they wouldn't know to use the horn on this occasion.

Also on the walkers in the tractor dealership, if they were such a big threat to the plan, why not just kill them ask when they went by there on the practice run instead of relying on 3 people to do it in time during the actual event.
hurleyag
AG
Beat me to it. I need to read the whole thread next time.
toucan82
quote:
Also on the walkers in the tractor dealership, if they were such a big threat to the plan, why not just kill them ask when they went by there on the practice run instead of relying on 3 people to do it in time during the actual event.

they needed to separate Glenn from everyone else because drama
rhomulus bonham
AG
quote:

During the flashback when they walked by the dealership they talked about how they would return that night after the dry run and take care of them then. In theory, had everything gone right they would have had them killed the night before the herd was released.
wessimo
AG
No, they could just lead them up the side of the quarry where the semis were parked then lure them over the edge there.
LawAg05
AG
quote:
Through the woods?
Yep. They spent all that time building a dam just so they would turn right. Could have just as easily cut down some trees to make a path. Hell, then you would have some extra lumber for the passageway and whatever else you want to build.
toucan82
Daryl on his bike vs. a herd?

I'll take Daryl
Ol Jock 99
AG
aTmAg, try asking that question ON THE OFFICIAL SEASON 6 SPOILER THREAD!!!
30 yard line
Didn't Rick send Morgan back to the town to let them know what was going on? Maybe he made it and Dick Jr decided to be like his dad.
aTmAg
AG
I don't want to be spoiled on the subject. I'm just wondering if these writers came up with that idea themselves or if they lifted it from the comics.
Ol Jock 99
AG

quote:
I'm just wondering if these writers came up with that idea themselves or if they lifted it from the comics.

You do realize the producers of this show ARE the comic writers, right??

You've been around long enough to understand the rules. No comic talk on here, period. You want answers, you know where to ask.
JonSnow
The pit seems a great place for artillery. Mortars at least. I would think you could find some as they don't normally have much practicality in zombie times. If not then find some burning fuel source and dump into the pit. Seems they picked the worst of all options. But overall I thought it was a very good episode.
aTmAg
AG
quote:

quote:
I'm just wondering if these writers came up with that idea themselves or if they lifted it from the comics.

You do realize the producers of this show ARE the comic writers, right??

You've been around long enough to understand the rules. No comic talk on here, period. You want answers, you know where to ask.
Actually I did not realize that. The reason the comic was off limits was because people were spoiling the show. I don't want to do that. I haven't read the comics, and I don't want to go to a thread where I will get everything spoiled to me. I was wondering who I should give kudos to for that writing. If the writers are the same for both, then my question is answered.
BigRobSA
quote:
Daryl on his bike vs. a herd?

I'll take Daryl
What if Mike Ditka and Darryl were both on bikes?
toucan82
Regular sized Ditka or mini Ditka?
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
I haven't read the comics, and I don't want to go to a thread where I will get everything spoiled to me. I was wondering who I should give kudos to for that writing. If the writers are the same for both, then my question is answered.
This week was written by Gimble (show-runner) and Negrete (Gimble's guy brought in when he took over). It was directed by Greg Nicotero, who has done the premiers for S4, S5 and now S6 (along with a handful of others and supervising the FX).

As for the quarry query , you can go to the other thread, search for your name, and read that reply. The thread as a whole isn't "spoily" at the moment, but if you want to be careful.
Philip J Fry
AG
If it isn't the wolves, I'd say it's done idiot honking to be let into the gate.
H6RBW
AG
quote:
Regular sized Ditka or mini Ditka?
Olsen
AG
quote:
Anyone else notice the new black guy is Dr Dre. From Straight Outta Compton?
Yep, I believe this was mentioned during Talking Dead.
Dro07
AG
Dang good start! I think it was someone at the village....

sad to see Russ get shanked in the back of the neck but he wouldn't shut up!
CheeseSndwch
Who was watching Carl and Jailbait hold hands? Porch Dick Jr.?
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
Why not burn them in the quarry? All that time spent building the roadblock they could have reinforced the trucks and set the walkers on fire with minimal risk of losing containment.

Episode was entertaining and had a slightly different feel. Black and white and color. Lots of aerial shots. Great one liners.

But seriously. Couldn't they have launched tons of flammable materials and then lit them? It might kill some, terribly incapacitate others. At the very least it would lessen the herd. And with enough paint or cooking oil or whatever, they could build a pretty good bonfire. That fire would attract other walkers. Boom.
et98
AG
quote:
Maybe the town is under attack and the townspeople are blaring the horn to alert the others for help.

The more I think about it, the more this makes the most sense.

The horn could be a distress signal because they're being attacked by the Wolves. I can see a scenario where the Wolves have been scoping out Alexandria. When the Wolves notice most of the men leave the town (for some reason unknown to them at the time), they see that as a good time to attack.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.