*****Official The Walking Dead Season 6*****

177,263 Views | 1337 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ryan the Temp
beanbean
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good episode.
chase128
AG
I think the wolves are the ones who are responsible for the horn
Olsen
AG
That was the worst season premiere compared to last season.
wessimo
AG
Agree, pretty weak.
Centerpole90
AG
That was definitely an Under.

Not my favorite premiere, but I'm in for the long-haul.
Philip J Fry
AG
quote:
That was the worst season premiere compared to last season.

Hyperbole much?
Gigem314
AG
quote:
"Grabbin the bull the nutsack"

Abraham is awesome. I loved his "There is an ocean of ****" speech from last season's finale.
The Debt
quote:
Agreed or another group we havent been introduced to. There are only like 2-3 wolves. Right?

When Rick said "we have to come for them before they come for us" I totally thought he was talking about humans, not the herd, the second time I heard him say it.

If you see pg1 of this thread I thought they would do the old buffalo trick the indians used...where they steer a herd over a cliff to kill em. If that were merely the goal, they wouldnt need to take em 20+ miles, they could just take em to the top of the hill and dangle a human carrot.
et98
AG
quote:
quote:
Agreed or another group we havent been introduced to. There are only like 2-3 wolves. Right?

When Rick said "we have to come for them before they come for us" I totally thought he was talking about humans, not the herd, the second time I heard him say it.

If you see pg1 of this thread I thought they would do the old buffalo trick the indians used...where they steer a herd over a cliff to kill em. If that were merely the goal, they wouldnt need to take em 20+ miles, they could just take em to the top of the hill and dangle a human carrot.
I thought that was how they all ended up there in the first place. Falling into the quarry isn't going to kill them unless they land on their head, and that may not kill them. Isn't falling into the quarry how most ended up there in the first place?
flintdragon
AG
Loved the episode. I'm not a fan of tons of flashbacks (my mind doesn't work that way) but it worked out well.

Maybe I'm just glad to back to the same old after 6 episodes of Fear (ugh).
GCRanger
AG
The horn is porch dick's pissed off teenage son,, porch dick jr.
p_bubel
This was supposed to be a dress rehearsal.

Glen: I'm supposed to be delivering pizzas, man.

Something along those lines.

I thought the episode was excellent.
gomerschlep
AG
You know what? I liked it. **** ya'll.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Decent episode. Looking forward to next week.
redbaron788
AG
Why not burn them in the quarry? All that time spent building the roadblock they could have reinforced the trucks and set the walkers on fire with minimal risk of losing containment.
The Anchor
AG
So. Many. Commercials.

We will be watching it on DVR from here on out.
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
So. Many. Commercials.

We will be watching it on DVR from here on out.

I've been doing this since season 2. I wait about 30 or so minutes then start watching.
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
Why not burn them in the quarry? All that time spent building the roadblock they could have reinforced the trucks and set the walkers on fire with minimal risk of losing containment.

How exactly? They don't have mass quantities of napalm.

The plan was working fine until someone sabotaged it. Interested to find out who it was...the angry son, or maybe the wolves??

Anyone else notice the new black guy is Dr Dre. From Straight Outta Compton?
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Combustion of human bodies requires a constant fuel source. They will not continue to burn if the fuel source is removed.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I thought it was interesting that some of them are so rotten at this point that them banging into the wall was cracking skulls.
Centerpole90
AG
Something mechanical would be more effective - funneling then into a wood chipper of sorts. Herding them off that cliff would work better yet.
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
quote:
Combustion of human bodies requires a constant fuel source. They will not continue to burn if the fuel source is removed.

Obligatory:
aTmAg
AG
The guys calling this the worst season premier, what would you guys prefer? To have some bad guys gang rape coral and then, since the ripping the throat out thing has been done already, have Rick feed them into a meat grinder? Filet them with a rusty knife? Cut their junk off and make them eat it? This show will turn into Knight Rider where Kitt had to jump farther and farther at the end of each episode to keep the 10 year olds watching. It would be as lame as hell.

I like the fact that they explained how the town was unusually safe. And how that long period of relative safety would result in far more danger. That was one of the more intelligent episodes this show has had yet. It shows the writers are thinking about more things than how many strange ways they can kill a zombie.
jr15aggie
AG
Great episode.

But yeah, hard to not imagine better ideas. I kept thinking of the Donkey & the Carrot... why not dangle some of the survivors a few feet from the cliffs edge. Bang some pots and pans and watch the lemmings fall to their death. The episode would get really intense when they quickly realize there is now a large dead zombie hill forming and some unlucky scrubs feet become a zombie snack (one of the new guys for sure... but don't worry, Glen would escape!).
LHIOB
AG
quote:
No more Nick Papageorgio from Yuma
Thats Preston Meyers, sir
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I like the fact that they explained how the town was unusually safe. And how that long period of relative safety would result in far more danger. That was one of the more intelligent episodes this show has had yet. It shows the writers are thinking about more things than how many strange ways they can kill a zombie.
I completely agree. And they also wasted ZERO time getting things going in this new town. I remember the "leave the farm already!" comments back in the day. They easily could have taken the high road and given us several episodes of filler stuff in the new town and made this the mid-season finale. Instead they got to the point right away and now we've got something worthwhile happening.
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
mid-season finale
Gigem314
AG
quote:
quote:
I completely agree. And they also wasted ZERO time getting things going in this new town. I remember the "leave the farm already!" comments back in the day. They easily could have taken the high road and given us several episodes of filler stuff in the new town and made this the mid-season finale. Instead they got to the point right away and now we've got something worthwhile happening.
Yep. There's a LOT going on.

- Town now in imminent danger with walkers closing in...something the 'towners' have never had to face.

- Rick trying to "coach" the towners up so they can learn how to properly defend themselves in the real world
(like when they're building the barcades and Rick backs off from the walkers to make the towners handle it, they freeze up, then Morgan steps in).

- Morgan embracing Rick's friendship, but giving Rick multiple looks throughout the episode that indicate he's not cool with everything Rick is doing leadership-wise...growing tension there perhaps?

- Jessie's son resenting Rick for killing Pete.

- Rick and Jessie...there still seems to be something there, and she wants to learn how to fight...but she wants Rick to keep his distance from her son.

- Carl's new girlfriend...still seems like there's more to her than she's leading on.

- Daryl believing they need to keep looking for others to save and bring to Alexandria, while Rick thinks they should close it off to outsiders.

- Glenn sparing the life of the dirtbag that tried to kill him...and now he's following Glenn's lead? I'm trying to figure out if he's playing the game so he can get back at Glenn again, or if he's genuinely been changed.

- Carol continuing to play the role of meek housewife...I still think this is my favorite current dynamic of the show. And I like how Morgan respects her, but is definitely seeing through her act.
et98
AG
quote:

I agree. I don't understand how yall can think this was a bad episode. Most season premiers include very little and serve as nothing more than a set-up for the rest of the season. This one was VERY different.

And yes, this was definitely one of the more intelligent episodes of the series.
et98
AG
quote:
The horn is porch dick's pissed off teenage son,, porch dick jr.

I don't think it's The Wolves because it has to be someone on the inside and who understands what blowing that horn would do (sabotage the plan and destroy the town). I think it's Porch Dick Jr or the teenage girl.

Porch Dick Jr could be doing it out of spite for the town letting Rick kill his dad & then following Rick as their leader.

The teenage girl could be the guilty party as well. Perhaps she's a mole for The Wolves or another rival group (which was heavily considered by this board last season). Or maybe she's acting alone but secretly hates the town for some unknown reason.
et98
AG
quote:
But yeah, hard to not imagine better ideas. I kept thinking of the Donkey & the Carrot... why not dangle some of the survivors a few feet from the cliffs edge. Bang some pots and pans and watch the lemmings fall to their death. The episode would get really intense when they quickly realize there is now a large dead zombie hill forming and some unlucky scrubs feet become a zombie snack (one of the new guys for sure... but don't worry, Glen would escape!).

Because most wouldn't be falling to their death. Falling in there (and surviving) is how this big horde of walkers came to be.
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
- Carol continuing to play the role of meek housewife...I still think this is my favorite current dynamic of the show. And I like how Morgan respects her, but is definitely seeing through her act.
I <3 Carol.
The Debt
Remember when Rick saved Porch Dick Jr? Those fell like 200 ft and the brain was destroyed on impact. When they were watching the entire quarry, the "accumulation" was occurring from the 10 ' o'clock side. There the Zs would slide and stumble 50 feet at a time, never having a cliff.
The Debt
It's gonna be funny if it's father gabriel.
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
It's gonna be funny if it's father gabriel.
I doubt it. He's very into self-preservation... it's one of his biggest priorities, no matter the cost.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.