*****Official The Walking Dead Season 6*****

177,113 Views | 1337 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ryan the Temp
Ryan the Temp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Centerpole90
AG
Whew. He's alive. Everything is OKAY FOLKS!
gigemhilo
AG
I can see the wolves a "saving him" at the last second. if he lives, my money is on that.

I have no idea what i am talking about so that is not a spoiler or anything!
Chipotlemonger
AG
The wolves saving him, to me, is more realistic than the other options in which Glen survives.
Dro07
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
My guess is that he's not dead and will escape somehow, making this the definitive jump the shark moment for the series.

I don't know that this would meet the definition of jump the shark
"We are the walking dead." was one of those moments.
actually it wasn't, it was a direct quote from another source material
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
My guess is that he's not dead and will escape somehow, making this the definitive jump the shark moment for the series.

I don't know that this would meet the definition of jump the shark
"We are the walking dead." was one of those moments.
actually it wasn't, it was a direct quote from another source material
Its still one of the dumbest lines in the show
Aggie118
AG
So we think Nicholas is dead?
StringerBell
AG
I hope Glenn is dead

Glenn dying like that would be comparable to the brilliance of Omar little getting randomly shot in the store on the wire

Basically proves that the zombies are in charge and no one is safe
ellebee
Too soon...
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Too soon...

Some of y'all get too attached to zombie show characters.

Surprised y'all do, considering the track record for killing them off.

However, I'll lose it if they kill of Lauren Cohan.
AgKJ
AG
quote:
So we think Nicholas is dead?
I don't. Clearly what happened was that he went into that feed store when Glen had his back turned, found a crate of Slovacek link sausages, stuffed them up inside his shirt, and THAT'S what the zombies were munching on.

And stupid viewers thought they were Nicholas/Glen intestines. Pssh.

Both Nicholas and Glen saved by Slovacek sausages. Totally saw it coming.
et98
AG
I really want to see one of the main characters get killed unceremoniously in a scene that takes less than 4 seconds. One moment he's fine...and the next moment he's dead. What I envision is like the scene in Deep Blue Sea where Samuel L. Jackson gets eaten by the shark.

In fact, it would be even better if it were shortly after surviving a scene like the one Glenn is now.

Yes, that's what I want to see this next episode. Glenn pulls the greatest Houdini escape of all time and escapes this zombie attack by the dumpster. Or even better, perhaps an unknown hero (or maybe even one of the other main characters) comes across the situation and saves Glenn (a la Morgan saving Daryl & Aaron when they were caught in the trap)...and Glenn's savior even has to give up his own life to save Glenn in a tremendous exhibition of heroism & sacrifice. Glenn then runs to Alexandria. Just as he gets to the gate, he sees Maggie in the distance (Maggie nor anybody else sees Glenn). And then a walker jumps out from nowhere and eats him.
annie88
AG
quote:
Zombies can crawl under dumpsters too. Glenn is surrounded by Zs on at least three sides, secured by razor wire and a building. If he's not dead, it will be some laziest writing I've ever seen. And I've been a fan of the show since day one.

quote:
Watching the episode, I had no doubt - at all -that he was dead. But you're right, everything after the episode points the other way. I'm having a hard time imaging how they believably (even for a zombie show) get him out of there. I'll reserve judgment until we see it.
I just don't agree with ya'll. It's not lazy writing. It is possible he could get under it and with all the blood and carnage around him they wouldn't smell him. Remember Carol and other smearing themselves? The walkers went right on by. It's possible that Glenn has enough guts and blood on him, they won't smell him. AND if a large noise comes, they'll all get distracted an move away.

So saying lazy writing is just ridiculous to me. I've watched since day one as well and it's no less believeable than Hershel getting his leg cut off and living. Hard to believe the blood didn't affect the other part of his leg.

And can we please remember this is a show. If any of you get too disillustioned, just quit watching. I get that you might be disappointed, but weird plot turns can happen. But if you're stressed and irritated to the point you're insulting the show, time to quit watching.

It's not really that hard.

Glenn is under Nicholas.
Nicholas' guts everywhere.
Glenn smells like walker from their run off as well.
Possible room under dumpster.
Walkers get distracted by a noise, move away.
Glenn slips out from under Nicholas.
Rolls under dumpster until they've gone enough to get out.

Not that unbelievable.

Remember when Tyrese took on like 25 himself? It can happen.

BUT, the statement made ont TTD eluded to other possibilities of his character, i.e. zombie or doomed Glenn.

Again, I kinda thought Glenn would go in the past two years and not that I want too, it's time for a major character to die, they always have one or two go each season.
annie88
AG
quote:

WAIT! We're all worried and upset and Glenn is just eating somewhere in a nice restaurant with a glass of wine.

What an arsshole!
combat wombat™
AG
Wouldn't covering yourself in Nicholas guys be like chuming the water? It's zombie guys that camouflage you, not dead man guts.
ellebee
quote:
quote:
Too soon...

Some of y'all get too attached to zombie show characters.

Surprised y'all do, considering the track record for killing them off.

However, I'll lose it if they kill of Lauren Cohan.

I was referring to Omar.
gigemags-99
AG
Gun fire from Rick killing the Wolves attracts the zombies???? Thus saving Glen...

He was in the spot where the other half of the herd was supposed to be close to. Wasn't that part of the herd that was storming the town?
RAB91
These people/characters walk everywhere. When they're not in cars, why don't they ever fix up and ride bicycles. Heck, they could even find some mountain bikes and use them to ride through the woods.

Now back to the regularly scheduled Glenn fest.
Ryan the Temp
AG
I have always been amazed by

• How easily zombies are able to sneak up on people in the middle of dead silence
  • How easily zombies can rip through an abdominal cavity with zero effort
annie88
AG
"Rick" begged for "Carter" to live.

quote:
The major conflict on this sixth season premiere of The Walking Dead besides the one between the Alexandrians and the horde-of-a-thousand zombies was between Rick Grimes and a character played by Ethan Embry named Carter. Carter basically represented the Alexandrian resistance to Rick taking over the community as leader.

He was also weak, and in one scene, Rick nearly killed him, but pulled back, knowing that Carter would eventually die anyway because he wasn't strong enough to survive in their world. He wasn't wrong. Carter was bitten by a walker in the same episode, and it was Rick who had to put Carter down because he was making too much noise.

Interestingly, however, Andrew Lincoln didn't want to kill off the character because he liked Ethan Embry so much.

http://uproxx.com/tv/2015/10/andrew-lincoln-ethan-embry-walking-dead/
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
quote:
Wouldn't covering yourself in Nicholas guys be like chuming the water? It's zombie guys that camouflage you, not dead man guts.

Bingo. Made this point earlier but it got missed apparently. Unless Glenn is covered in zombie guts all he's going to do is succeed in ringing the dinner bell even louder.
annie88
AG

quote:
not if enough of the walker goo got on him as well.

quote:
These people/characters walk everywhere. When they're not in cars, why don't they ever fix up and ride bicycles. Heck, they could even find some mountain bikes and use them to ride through the woods.
They can't think at all, they just wander and eat.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
quote:

quote:
not if enough of the walker goo got on him as well.

quote:
They can't think at all, they just wander and eat.

Zombie goo? Lol

And you realize he's talking about the humans riding bikes, not walkers, right?
H6RBW
AG
quote:
How easily zombies can rip through an abdominal cavity with zero effort

It is a little ridiculous that dozens of walkers in this herd are apparently so rotten that simply walking into a wall kills them, but a fee minutes later, their fingers are like razor blades tearing Nicholas/Glenn open.
oh no
AG
guns, ammo, and clean gasoline are still plentiful after 3 or so years of zombie apocalypse, but mountain bikes became extinct on day 1.
Morpholino
AG
If I remember correctly, there weren't many walkers that were destroyed after walking into the wall, just a few dozen out of the many thousands in the horde. So yeah some are fragile and others can eviscerate you with the strength of a mountain lion.
Drawkcab
quote:

How do we know that? It's all we've ever seen but that's just because nobody wants I hack up somebody to save themselves when they could just hack up a walker. I think as long as you don't look alive you're golden.
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
quote:

How do we know that? It's all we've ever seen but that's just because nobody wants I hack up somebody to save themselves when they could just hack up a walker. I think as long as you don't look alive you're golden.

Walkers smell people, ergo...
Drawkcab
When did we learn that? And dead guy blood will stink pretty bad.
combat wombat™
AG
quote:

First season? I think Morgan told Rick?
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Human viscera smells pretty bad, too.
combat wombat™
AG
Ever smell the difference between a "fresh" steak and one that's spoiled?
BigRobSA
quote:
Freshly dead wouldn't smell any different than still alive. It's not like at the instant of death you go from viable to necrotic tissue, as far as smell goes.

CheeseSndwch
The only way I could accept Glenn surviving the alley is if the writers made the sequence of events into some kind of dream/hallucination of the guy who kept dazing off during that episode. But even that solution would be garbage.

He dead.
JABQ04
AG
Finally watched the episode. Don't see how Glenn isn't dead. Also, why didn't they go up the fire escape. There was only a box or piece of wood at the base of it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.