Griddy kid

8,023 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by 12Power
waco_aggie05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Apparently got him an NIL deal with Aggieland Credit Union. Just saw him in a sponsored FB ad.

It's game day so I'll just be happy for the kid, it was definitely entertaining and a great comic relief during the stressful moments of the SR!

Let's BTHOFlorida!
Mark Fairchild
AG
Love children! However that said, I am not a fan of what seems to be getting started. This will not age well and I can see it becoming a 'thing' with dancing kids in the aisles. We do not need that, we come to watch the Aggies play baseball. We do not pay to see some child dancing (?)!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Ag13
AG
Could they not find an athlete to give money to?

I'm sure it's not a huge sum or anything but geez. If local companies are going to focus marketing resources on baseball…let's focus on impacting on field results.
waco_aggie05
AG
Agreed, I wish it could've stayed just a sweet, innocent one time thing and not have to try and capitalize on it. Because it was fun and entertaining in the moment.
trouble
AG
waco_aggie05 said:

Agreed, I wish it could've stayed just a sweet, innocent one time thing and not have to try and capitalize on it. Because it was fun and entertaining in the moment.

This.

Not everything needs to be made into a "tradition".
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Brazos Valley Schools Credit Union is the smart choice when switching credit unions.
uncover&humpit
AG

jrodwh00p
AG
Not a fan
..The history of the world is that of religion. Violent faith, in either God or Man has shed an endless river of blood. It is not a matter of what you can live without, but which allows you the freedom to be indifferent..

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
pantherag
AG
And just like that the thread goes from Griddy Kid to Grumpy Aggies. Good lord, people complain about any and everything.
trouble
AG
It went from a kid having fun to adults manipulating it into something it wasn't.
AgCWby90CS
AG
pantherag said:

And just like that the thread goes from Griddy Kid to Grumpy Aggies. Good lord, people complain about any and everything.
exactly,
the kids dad is a friend of management and if the rest of you don't know that then find out first before creating a thread or adding grump to it. Probably given the cap with no exchange of money.
All the second guessers just need to stay off the boards.
CWby '90
astros4545
AG
It will run its course this year and be over

Enjoy it for why it is, a footnote in a great season with 5 wins left
trouble
AG
Never mind. Not worth it
rangerdanger
AG
They should name a lower deck section in the new stadium after this kid if they some how pull off winning it all.
mitchdpm
AG
This kid was a phenomenon in that scorching hot game where he just kept the energy going the entire time. In that ONE game. Everything after that has felt forced and awkward. And I really don't care who his dad is friends with. And I wouldn't be mad if we never saw his antics again.
dermdoc
AG
I think I have served on church or Aggie committees with some of y'all.

BTHO Florida!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dcg4403
AG
waco_aggie05 said:

Apparently got him an NIL deal with Aggieland Credit Union. Just saw him in a sponsored FB ad.

It's game day so I'll just be happy for the kid, it was definitely entertaining and a great comic relief during the stressful moments of the SR!

Let's BTHOFlorida!

Been annoying to me to see him ALL the time. But good for him. Said he needs to take advantage of lightning in a bottle. Needs to hold up his instagram hashtag and bring in the ad dollars and THEN start his own Aggie NIL collective specific to baseball!!
The Porkchop Express
It's terrible you're all being forced to watch this.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
When we win it all this season. Remember
Rongagin71
AG
Mark Fairchild said:

Love children! However that said, I am not a fan of what seems to be getting started. This will not age well and I can see it becoming a 'thing' with dancing kids in the aisles. We do not need that, we come to watch the Aggies play baseball. We do not pay to see some child dancing (?)!
"This will not age well"...an opinion I agree with, but we may be the minority.
Serious Lee
are we sure this kid isn't "baby gronk"?
W
AG
sometimes the old man yelling at the clouds...is right
BucketofBalls99
It was cute/funny the first game…..but honestly was just annoying after that.

IMO, that energy didn't have anything to do with the flows of the games. He realized when there was a left handed batter, he would just crank up the dancing to continue being on tv
Sean98
AG
Rongagin71 said:

Mark Fairchild said:

"This will not age well"...an opinion I agree with, but we may be the minority.
You're not in the minority.
PapaKilo
AG
Let the kid's results speak for themselves.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Ag13 said:

Could they not find an athlete to give money to?

I'm sure it's not a huge sum or anything but geez. If local companies are going to focus marketing resources on baseball…let's focus on impacting on field results.

if you look at their balance sheet you'll know why
SchizoAg
AG
Unfortunately this kid has gotten so much positive attention from this that he's probably going to try to make it a "thing". Can't really blame him, especially with his dad promoting/enabling it; but the longer it goes on, the less cute and the more cringe it will become.
MaroonStain
AG
dermdoc said:

I think I have served on church or Aggie committees with some of y'all.

BTHO Florida!

Most of these posters are HOA karens.
txag72
AG
Quote:

All the second guessers just need to stay off the boards.
You've been CANCELLED!!!
Muy
AG
I hope in 20 years he's still doing it and driving everyone insane.
Craigy
Next thing you know we will have a chicken in the stands and in the field with antics. The Chicken will also have a NIL with you guessed it "The Chicken"
LincolnBorglum79
AG
The Grackles are next.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

It's terrible you're all being forced to watch this.

This
Muktheduck
waco_aggie05 said:

Was it ever sweet and innocent? He only danced when the camera was on him...
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Muktheduck said:

waco_aggie05 said:

Was it ever sweet and innocent? He only danced when the camera was on him...

Really? Were you sitting next to him evaluating his every move at every second?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.