Griddy kid

8,450 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by 12Power
alamogeorge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do we even know he got paid for the ad? Also, if we keep winning he needs to keep dancing and the other guy needs to stay on his toilet.

Lighten up. It's baseball.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
mitchdpm
AG
"It's baseball"…not a children's griddy-dance contest.
aggiepanic95
AG
mitchdpm said:

"It's baseball"…not a children's griddy-dance contest.

Agreed! Before we know it Brandon will attend every game.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Yall made me go to the ACU facebook to watch that ad. Thanks.

Look folks, those of you who know me know that I hate kids just as much as anyone, but it does look like just a goofy one-time thing that probably happened because the kid's dad is friends w/ whomever.

But I think I understand Fairchild's caution if it could give other people ideas to do goofy attention-seeking **** in the stands to try to go viral or garner sponsorships. And some of you people really don't need that kind of encouragement.
AnScAggie
AG
As long as the kid isn't interfering with those around him or messing up our own player, WGAS!! He's not the whistler, he's not annoyingly yelling annoying chants like at girls softball and he's not being vulgar, lewd or indecent, he's simply having fun and capitalizing on the spotlight. If you've ever hunted or played a sport you will realize you can focus on something like a ball, person or gunsight and some how ignore everything else, maybe try focusing on the left handed batter next time he's on the screen.

Next thing people will be complaining because every time the cameras pan the crowd they seem to focus in on the prettiest college student or woman in the row or section. I've been around people who complain about some stupid stuff but this takes the cake!!
12thMan9
AG
dermdoc said:

church or Aggie committees with some of y'all.

BTHO Florida!
A distinction w/o a difference.
Ronnie '88
Junction Boy
AG
Instead of celebrating a kid who starts dancing when the red light comes on, let's start celebrating Mark Massey and the fighter he is. Give THAT kid an NIL deal. #MarksArmy
dBoy99
AG
Like the student who wears a banana suit?

Or the one who dresses up like a teletubby?

I like to ***** as much as the next guy buy y'all are ridiculous.
milner79
Muy said:

I hope in 20 years he's still doing it and driving everyone insane.

You just described the Vandy whistler.
JuneBug07
AG
My son and I were watching the game Griddy kid appeared. I noticed Griddy kid, but didn't really pay attention or give it a second thought. My son, who is 15 said,"If that was my kid I would hit him and tell him to sit down." I chuckled and wondered why my son was so irked? We did not spank him much at all, and certainly not in the last few years since he's been a teen. Maybe my son has old man yells at clouds syndrome more than myself.
Howdy Dammit
AG
JuneBug07 said:

My son and I were watching the game Griddy kid appeared. I noticed Griddy kid, but didn't really pay attention or give it a second thought. My son, who is 15 said,"If that was my kid I would hit him and tell him to sit down." I chuckled and wondered why my son was so irked? We did not spank him much at all, and certainly not in the last few years since he's been a teen. Maybe my son has old man yells at clouds syndrome more than myself.

You raised your son right. Congrats.
Leander - Ag
AG
waco_aggie05 said:

Agreed, I wish it could've stayed just a sweet, innocent one time thing and not have to try and capitalize on it. Because it was fun and entertaining in the moment.

This … 15m are up
Aggie
AG
Mark Fairchild said:

Love children! However that said, I am not a fan of what seems to be getting started. This will not age well and I can see it becoming a 'thing' with dancing kids in the aisles. We do not need that, we come to watch the Aggies play baseball. We do not pay to see some child dancing (?)!

It's already went way overboard.
One time thing was fine.
It went too far.
And yeah now you're going to see way more of that in future years . Yeah nothing against kids but we don't need 100 shirtless dancing kids in the isles at Aggie baseball games .
Aggie
AG
trouble said:

It went from a kid having fun to adults manipulating it into something it wasn't.

Na the first night he did it that was a kid having fun.
Then it went commercialized and promoted and turned into " oh we're still doing this "
flashplayer
AG
Aggie said:

Mark Fairchild said:

Love children! However that said, I am not a fan of what seems to be getting started. This will not age well and I can see it becoming a 'thing' with dancing kids in the aisles. We do not need that, we come to watch the Aggies play baseball. We do not pay to see some child dancing (?)!

It's already went way overboard.
One time thing was fine.
It went too far.
And yeah now you're going to see way more of that in future years . Yeah nothing against kids but we don't need 100 shirtless dancing kids in the isles at Aggie baseball games .

If it catches on with the college age ladies I will find a way to tolerate it.
12Power
Next season give the kid a seat right behind home plate, maroon and white afro, and a John 3:16 sign.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.