*****Official The Walking Dead Season 6*****

177,102 Views | 1337 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ryan the Temp
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maybe we can call it lazy directing? It's a lot less believable to me that Glen is still alive based off of how the scene went... If the direction was different and more emphasis was put on camera of him rolling out from the fray, then yea, I'd be okay with it.

As it stands, if he's not a walker or dead, that is a big cop out.

Surprised no one save one person discussed the throwback to the 1st episode between Rick and Glen where "dumbass" was used. They're getting ready to kill off Glen on camera.
AggieDarlin
AG
others did mention the dumbass comment
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
others did mention the dumbass comment
Thought I only saw one mention of it. I said one person talked about it. Maybe I missed others.
AggieDarlin
AG
I had to re-read what you typed
Greeze06
AG
quote:
"If" Glenn isn't dead, and I'm starting to lean that way myself, then I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that they explain it away as he got covered in all that blood from Nick and the other zombies and that was able to mask him from the zombies, a la season one. Yeah, I know it's not technically zombie guts, but I think the writers will just give that the wave of the hand. Everyone will think he's dead, Maggie will go nuts and then he'll show up alive at the mid-season finale.

Or, he's really dead and now he's zombie poodoo.

Yeah if only they referenced not being able to tell if it was Glens blood, zombie blood, or his friends blood
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
quote:
I'm convinced he isn't dead only based on the fact that the intestines being ripped from his body were coming out right under his chin.
This is correct. Clearly Nicolas' intestines.

But still, Glenn is lying prone under 100 walkers in a feeding frenzy.
H6RBW
AG
I can accept that it was Nicholas's guts the walkers were pulling out right after they fell. But, clearly, Nicholas wasn't "perfectly" covering Glenn's entire body. I just can't believe that one of the other swarm of walkers (that wasn't able to get at Nicholas) wouldn't have immediately chomped down on Glenn's ankle, or arm, while he laid there. And even if they didn't for some inexplicable reason, and Glenn was able to crawl under the dumpster before being immediately bitten...as Ol Jock 99 said, climbing up on top of the dumpster was a problem for the walkers. Crawling underneath it wouldn't have been. Unless the series is about to take a crazy left turn with Glenn being the first person to get bitten and not die/turn, I just don't see any plausible way he could've survived.
Baba Ganoush
AG
Yeah it's extremely implausible, I just have a hard time believing they'd kill off Glenn like a typical red shirt.
The Ragonk Strikes Back
The Ragonk Strikes Back
TampaBayAg08
AG
Now I'm mad at myself for not watching the Glen(n) scene. I was so upset that I covered my eyes because I thought why would they make us watch a beloved character get ripped to pieces like that?? But my first thought was why in the hell did they not jump inside the dumpster? But then, there wouldn't be 5 thread pages on texags debating whether or not glen is dead. I see what you did there, TWD writers!

I thought it was quite inhumane especially for Michonne to let dude get eaten alive by zombies and no one shoots/stabs him. That part was really really disturbing to me.

This episode still isn't as good as the farm episode, but it rivaled that. I was close to throwing in the towel for TWD after last season, but the writers have done a good job keeping interest. Applause all around... Except if Glenn survives. Because seriously!? He's no Rick.

Also as an aside, I was so excited Morgan came back and he's just disappointed me especially after that last episode. What a waste of him coming back it seems.
Drawkcab
Walker Glenn's love for Maggie will help him hold onto a small piece of his humanity. The walker horde surrounding Rick will eventually overtake him. Just as a walker is about to chomp on Rick's throat Walker Glenn will show up and break the walkers lower jaw right off its face a la King Kong vs T-Rex.
combat wombat™
AG
Do you wronder why they don't walk around covered in walker blood and guts with armless walker pets 100% of the time? Especially when you are amidst a walker herd?

Because I do.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Do you wronder why they don't walk around covered in walker blood and guts with armless walker pets 100% of the time? Especially when you are amidst a walker herd?

Because I do.
I was just thinking that when the with the whole "Glenn was covered in blood once and the walkers couldn't smell him"... I was like, um, why don't they do this all the time? I don't go into that much deep thought cause it's just a show and why ruin it. Perhaps they would go crazy (who wouldn't) covered in it all the time. What's the point of living if you are covered in zombie goop all the time.

But you would at least think they would employ the tactic sometime when they are really desperate.

PS: They totally should have tried burning the zombies at the quarry! I know I know... fire zombies are worse than regular zombies... but surely zombies become immobile once you burn enough tendons n stuff right!
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
They should have firebombed the ever living hell out of that pit. Zombies without muscles and tendon cannot be mobile. Plus, brains can burn or melt. That pit would get crazy hot.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
climbing up on top of the dumpster was a problem for the walkers. Crawling underneath it wouldn't have been. Unless the series is about to take a crazy left turn with Glenn being the first person to get bitten and not die/turn, I just don't see any plausible way he could've survived.
They've shown multiple people who survived a herd by crawling under cars. I think his chances are reasonable either way, maybe even moreso under the dumpster because the walkers are being pushed against it by the herd and don't have space to be crawling around on the ground to get under there to him.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
I mentioned it earlier (and I agree that it would be extremely lazy writing (take a drink anyone that's butthurt)) but the only way Glenn makes it out is if they put a manhole under the dumpster because yeah, just getting under the dumpster wouldn't be enough to save him.

Also a couple of people have mentioned the comment Michonne made to Heath regarding being covered in blood and not knowing if it's yours, your buddy's, or a walkers and implying that somehow pertains to the Glenn situation. I disagree completely. It was for Heath and Heath only and it was already resolved when they were crossing the river and Heath looked down to see his reflection and lo and behold he was covered in blood......

I also think using the excuse that Glenn was covered in Nicholas' blood and guts would be very lazy (drink) because clearly it was the smell of the dead/zombie guts that they used to disguise themselves. Someone already mentioned this above already and said they may wave a hand and give it a 'pass' in Glenn's case but that would just about ruin the show (for me anyway) for the gigantic plot hole it would produce.

And yes....the idea that having a couple of pet zombies would keep everyone safe and yet no one does this is mystifying.
aTmAg
AG
quote:

Because I do.
I wonder why they don't do the Michone technique of having a walkers on a leash without jaws. That seemed to work like a champ for her. It should be like the wild west where everybody has a walker "horse" and they tie them up to the hitching post in front of saloons.
Greeze06
AG
I wonder why no one uses a badass spear or something with some reach. Seems knives are infinitely more susceptible to risk.
Gigem314
AG
quote:
quote:

Because I do.
I wonder why they don't do the Michone technique of having a walkers on a leash without jaws. That seemed to work like a champ for her. It should be like the wild west where everybody has a walker "horse" and they tie them up to the hitching post in front of saloons.
I guess for situations where they have to move quickly, it's not the most ideal. But you would think they could at least have a stash of them somewhere as a back-up option.
H6RBW
AG
quote:
They've shown multiple people who survived a herd by crawling under cars.

I'm not going to claim to remember every instance in the series of someone hiding under a car. But it seems like that's worked only when the herd wasn't already aware they were there.

Rick under the tank:

I seem to remember a walker crouching down and grabbing at Sophia under the car too, though I couldn't find a picture of that immediately.
The Debt
Hiding under cars only worked when the zombies don't suspect you.

Just rewatched it, glenn sure is showing a ton of agony for not being ripped apart. Maybe he is just super sad for the guy being ripped apart on top of him.
wessimo
AG
My guess is that he's not dead and will escape somehow, making this the definitive jump the shark moment for the series.
Ryan the Temp
AG
I think this is kind of a reset button - It's just like when they lost the prison. They regroup and continue on to new and exciting journeys, and part of that process is a mass casualty event. This series of events puts the entire group back down to a size that isn't that different from when they were at the prison. What that does is trim it back down to a more manageable number of characters for viewers to wrap themselves around and become attached to. Some of the characters lost at Alexandria didn't even have names for viewers to know.
S.A.Aggie2006
AG
The whole seen where Michonne was attempting to climb the gate was really intense. I had to sit up in bed to watch it. Great directing
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
My guess is that he's not dead and will escape somehow, making this the definitive jump the shark moment for the series.

I don't know that this would meet the definition of jump the shark
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
quote:

I don't know that this would meet the definition of jump the shark
"We are the walking dead." was one of those moments.
Centerpole90
AG
As to why Michonne didn't put 'note to his wife' guy out of his misery - that might have something to do with 'new black friend' (I need a while to learn their names). She'd already been challenged by him about Rick's comment 'they won't all make it" and that led to the 'you don't know what it takes' speech. Maybe she A) didn't wast to be perceived as another from her group who has to kill an Alexandrian (there have been several) or B) thought 'new black friend' needed to see what it takes to survive. Overthinking, I know.

But ya, it was unnecessary, someone should have punched his ticket.
Centerpole90
AG
FYI, I just went to google and typed IS and 'is glenn dead' came up as top hit - right above 'ISIS'.

#firstworldprobs
gigemags-99
AG
Heath
Centerpole90
AG
Ya, that's what I meant. Heath.
oh no
AG
He just doesn't look like a Heath to me.
double aught
AG
quote:
I was close to throwing in the towel for TWD after last season, but the writers have done a good job keeping interest.
Interesting. I've read/heard from multiple people who consider the previous season to be the best so far.
CDub06
AG
I call him Andre.

ElDoradoHillsAg
AG
He has got to be dead. Even if Nicholas was on top of him and was the one getting his intestines ripped out there is no way Glenn could avoid not having a limb or his head gnawed on by the herd.

The only scenario I could envision that he lives (which would be disappointing given the circumstances) would be if a loud noise/distraction occurs right at that instant we see Nicholas's intestines being ripped apart drawing the herd away. Glenn survives but is bitten and is determined to make it back to Alexandria to see Maggie before he turns. It would be unbelievably unrealistic but they could dedicate a good portion of the show to his journey to get home and determination. I don't believe this will happen but it's the only scenario I could see him survive but his death would be imminent.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.