*****Official The Walking Dead Season 6*****

177,125 Views | 1337 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ryan the Temp
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Was the quarry thing in the comics?
Morpholino
AG
Did Coral make an appearance in the premiere? I don't remember seeing him. Hopefully he passed away last season and I just forgot.
chipotle
quote:
quote:
Anyone else notice the new black guy is Dr Dre. From Straight Outta Compton?
Yep, I believe this was mentioned during Talking Dead.

He's so dead.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Did Coral make an appearance in the premiere? I don't remember seeing him. Hopefully he passed away last season and I just forgot.

He was seen awkwardly trying to hang with that chick again... And of course the troubled teen whose dad got shot in the face was watching.

I wonder if Rick can still get with Blondie after he killed her husband and Coral kills her oldest son.
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
Was the quarry thing in the comics?

Wait . . . there are comics? Please tell me more
Objective Aggie
AG
Ok, random thought.

The one thing that is worth more than everything is having shelter. And having luxury homes with generators is worth an immense amount.

Shouldn't they be protecting their community at all costs? Shouldn't they be building a better wall? Maybe dig a trench. Forget worrying about everything miles away.

Also, wouldn't a hoard of walkers actually take away their other threat - - man (Wolves, etc.). They would be the ones inside the wall.
toucan82
are you questioning the Ricktator?

Rocagnante
AG
Build a moat full of walkers.
Chipotlemonger
AG
The hoard at this time is the threat. That mob was going to all head east once the truck fell off the cliff. Get the hoard away from the area to protect the town.
Sea Gull
AG
I loved that scene where Rick was talking to Morgan after sparing Carter's life...something about he wasn't going to kill him because Carter is the type of guy that wouldn't survive anyways. Thought that was a pretty cool line.

Overall, I liked it. I had the same question about the tractor store. Why not just kill them when they all were there? Didn't make sense to me.
Aggie Infantry
AG
I think it was Father G on the horn.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:

When is the group going to see through his ****.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Let's say the herd does make it to Alexandria - if there is no noise and no light coming from behind the walls and the walls are strong, the herd should just move on past it.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Let's say the herd does make it to Alexandria - if there is no noise and no light coming from behind the walls and the walls are strong, the herd should just move on past it.

I don't think the risk is worth it.
OldCamp
quote:
quote:

When is the group going to see through his ****.
Just speculation, but I dont think it was Father Gabriel.
I think Gabriel will either evolve into a significant moral or spiritual contributor to the group or he will sacrifice himself for the group's safety.

• At the end of season 5, we see Father G, Sasha, and Maggie holding hands after Sasha nearly kills him. They are leaning on each other for emotional support.
  • At the beginning of this season, we see that Sasha has now stabilized because of this emotional support. She tells Abraham that she isn't volunteering for the run in order to die. You see her smiling again.
  • Also, after Deanna's husband is killed and Gabriel walks up, Deanna tells Father G that he was wrong about the group. Father G nods his head in agreement.
Im also catching hints in the way that they are portraying Maggie that she may not be around much longer.
LHIOB
AG
The excuse for having to kill the walkers in the feed store was that they were loud and may have distracted some of the hoard.

I like the idea of surrounding the camp with hoard. If they are self sufficient then it serves as a line of defense and warning system. As soon as they start off in another direction you know something or someone is coming.
TexasAggie008
AG
I think the alarms are Wolves related...The Wolves are either attacking the town because everyone is gone, thus the alarms... or they are aware of the group's plan and want the walkers to wipe out the town and all of its residents, thus they set off the sound themselves.

When the episode first started and the quarry was shown, my first thought was that the Wolves had set this up and were gathering an army of walkers for some purpose....I guess that theory is out the window based on what the new characters said about the former camp turned walker pit, but still think it could be somehow related to the Wolves...
Centerpole90
AG
OK I'll just go ahead and say it for the first time in season six-

Maggie goes, I go.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
I'm also catching hints in the way that they are portraying Maggie that she may not be around much longer.

How dare you.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
OK I'll just go ahead and say it for the first time in season six-

Maggie goes, I go.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I wouldn't rule the Wolves out. Plenty of play, regardless of that story of the quarry, to work them in.
toucan82
what if it's just Carl and the girl whose name I can't remember fooling around in one of the cars and accidentally leaning against the horn?

talk about awkward
gigemhilo
AG
quote:
I like the idea of surrounding the camp with hoard. If they are self sufficient then it serves as a line of defense and warning system. As soon as they start off in another direction you know something or someone is coming.

if you remember, when they were in the prison, they had to constantly deal with the walkers at the fence. Eventually they would make their way in.
Ser Pounce
From an interview with episode director:

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/the-walking-dead-season-6-premiere-postmortem-032423883.html?nf=1

Okay, the horn at the end. We know it's coming from Alexandria, which could mean one of two things: Either some emergency has happened back in Alexandria that they have to get them to come back with some loud noise, or someone knows about Rick's plan and is trying to sabotage it. What can you say about that?

Ooh, those are both great ideas [but] you're not close. But they're both good ideas.
LHIOB
AG
quote:
quote:

if you remember, when they were in the prison, they had to constantly deal with the walkers at the fence. Eventually they would make their way in.

If it wasn't for a tank the double fence of the prison would have don't nicely. The walls are different because the walkers can't see in and the sound would be much lighter.
gigemhilo
AG
I dont know about that - there was one episode where they had to reinforce the fence because a herd was pressing against it.

Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
I dont know about that - there was one episode where they had to reinforce the fence because a herd was pressing against it.
If a fence is chain link, can walkers even really see that it's there? The steel plates are a solid object.
JCRiley09
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

If it wasn't for a tank the double fence of the prison would have don't nicely. The walls are different because the walkers can't see in and the sound would be much lighter.
You have to remember that the sound of the walkers attracts more walkers. Assuming there is an infinite supply of zombies, no wall will sustain the numbers. Think about World War Z and the walkers basically climbing over piles of other walkers. It would get uncontrollable and they'd be screwed.
The Anchor
AG
At the end of the episode (in the previews for the next episode) they showed a girl in a big rig screaming. My guess is she is the one blowing the horn. The horn sounded like it could be from a big rig.
et98
AG
I thought about it being the Wolves using a horn to attack the compound. Let's look at what we already know about the Wolves:

1. They capture & use walkers to make traps
2. They manipulate and control walkers with flashing lights and sound
3. They have 4 or 5 trailers with a few dozen walkers in each
4. They are able to kill the entire population of neighborhoods, including gated communities, all at once

Perhaps they take out these gated communities with the walkers they have in those 18-wheelers. They open the gate, back up the trucks to the gates, and sic the walkers on the town.

We've already seen how people can sneak in & out of Alexandria's walls undetected. A single shooter could scale the wall, shoot the gate keeper from behind, and open the gate in the span of 30 seconds. They release the walkers...and game over. Alexandria has little to no defenses inside the gates. Once the zombies have done their damage, the Wolves turn on the techno music and walkers file back into the trucks. The the Wolves take whatever they want with little to no opposition.

Perhaps the horn we hear is what the Wolves use to lure the walkers out of the truck.
Ryan the Temp
AG
I can't help but wonder if the Wolves dumped that truck off the edge to force the dry run into doing it live.
annie88
AG
quote:
The horn is porch dick's pissed off teenage son,, porch dick jr.
annie88
AG
quote:
Why not burn them in the quarry? All that time spent building the roadblock they could have reinforced the trucks and set the walkers on fire with minimal risk of losing containment.
I thought the same thing. Maybe not enough to get them burning, but seems easier.

I liked the opener, and I too always start watching 30-45 minutes in now to skip commercials or just DVR entirely.
annie88
AG
quote:
My sister has offered to mail me seasons 1-5 and told me to DVR tonight's premier.

How intense is this show? Can I just marathon watch and enjoy it or is it like The Wire where I couldn't do more than 2 episodes at a time?
I started season one right before three aired. I watched 7 in one day it was so good. Finished up both seasons in a little over a week because I wanted to see what was next so much.

Easy to binge watch if you have the time. I used to make fun of my friend for watching this, then she told me to try and few and I was hooked. Even the killing and gross ones gets easier as you watch. I was never freaked out by it, but after a while, you hardly even notice it.

Still, there was this bloated gross one in a well once that was nasty. Still remember him.

Of course, I binge-watched Downton Abbey too, same thing, watched seasons one and two right before three came out.
Counterpoint
AG
quote:
Even the killing and gross ones gets easier as you watch.
I think this is actually a problem! I'm getting "numb" to the walkers or something.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.