***2022 RPI Tracker***

137,089 Views | 885 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by RED AG 98
CypressAg09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

CypressAg09 said:

2 wins this week, 2 spots lost in the RPI. Stupid LSU.

We'll be fine.
I just hate LSU.
t - cam
AG
CypressAg09 said:

Luke The Drifter said:

CypressAg09 said:

We'll be fine.
I just hate LSU.

Kentucky could help us once that game ends.

CypressAg09
AG
CypressAg09 said:

Just kidding, back to 12!

…LSU still sucks!!
Divining Rod
threeanout said:

Just for grins I took Nolan's top 15 RPI teams and ranked their remaining schedules based on opponent's RPI. So out of our ten remaining games, our opponent's RPI averages 82.5. I understand that RPI will change daily but the results are:

27.1 Vandy
32.7 Georgia
43.0 Oregon St.
47.0 Miami
47.6 Oregon St.
55.8 Florida St.
58.2 Southern Miss
62.4 Auburn
64.5 LSU
72.9 Tennessee
80.1 Notre Dame
80.1 Virginia Tech (all ten home games)
82.5 Texas A&M
109.6 Dallas Baptist
146.0 Georgia Southern

would be interesting to see this list after the next three series with the W/L record fir each during that period.
W
AG
I hope the committee remembers that A&M beat LSU 2 of 3 in Baton Rouge
Emilio Fantastico
AG
And why we need to finish ahead of Auburn in the SEC standings.
threeanout
AG
Florida St. took a huge tumble in the RPI rankings losing to Boston College on Friday who was ranked south of 100. We jumped Southern Miss who lost to Old Dominion on Friday.

Mississippi St. continues their free fall and is now ranked # 92. I just don't like that series at all to end the season. Kind of reminds me of playing LSU this year in football. On the road and last conference game against a historically good team who is having an off year. They have nothing to lose.
gougler08
AG
threeanout said:

Florida St. took a huge tumble in the RPI rankings losing to Boston College on Friday who was ranked south of 100. We jumped Southern Miss who lost to Old Dominion on Friday.

Mississippi St. continues their free fall and is now ranked # 92. I just don't like that series at all to end the season. Kind of reminds me of playing LSU this year in football. On the road and last conference game against a historically good team who is having an off year. They have nothing to lose.

Miss St is next weekend and at home
threeanout
AG
gougler08 said:

threeanout said:

I had 'em mixed up......better then to finish with Ole Miss on the road IMO.
gougler08
AG
threeanout said:

gougler08 said:

threeanout said:

I had 'em mixed up......better then to finish with Ole Miss on the road IMO.

Yeah your point is the same, Miss St is a "no win" series with how far they have fallen.
RED AG 98
AG
State has a really tough finish too with FL (17), @ Ags, (13) and then UT (1). Lots of potential points if they win a few. Their level of "fight" in our series might be a function of where they are in the hunt for Hoover.

Either way we can't overlook them. No doubt they still have the talent even if they haven't had the recipe this year.
threeanout
AG
Notre Dame was somehow able to cancel and entire series this weekend with William and Mary which would not have helped their RPI.
W
AG
good day for the burnt orange --- back in hosting range if they can clean up their conference record
Eike Mlko
W said:

good day for the burnt orange --- back in hosting range if they can clean up their conference record

Still 5th in an average conf
Bullpen Chias
AG
Just flashed national seed projections on LSU-Bama game. Had us as a 7. No one else in Texas hosting a regional.
jkag89
W did say if they could clean up their conference record. Not impossible when you look at who sippie has left to play and who the schools above them have left. BDF is not an average conference.
Chrundle the Great
AG
Handle business vs Kansas and I bet they host.

I think they'll finish 2nd or 3rd in conf with a top 20 rpi. That'll be enough considering the weak resumes of the rest of the b12. Somebody from there outside of okst is going to host too and the only teams with a chance will be tu and purple baylor.
jkag89
The committee might throw a bone to B1G in letting either Maryland or Rutgers host.. If Maryland can win the league I can see them hosting, their record is great and the RPI is solid. Rutgers is more problematic. Their record is great but RPI is meh., still I can see them hosting as a 2 seed if they win the conference.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Hasn't it been a while since a team hosted as a 2-seed?
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Bullpen Chias
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

Hasn't it been a while since a team hosted as a 2-seed?

I think it only happens in situations where the venue has availability issues.
jkag89
I realize that but the committee in the past has been willing to throw a bone to B1G when the opportunity arises. I still think it is very unlikely.
Serious Lee
W said:

they just picked up 3 more Q1 wins as well with Bama moving into the top 50 after the LSU win.
dabo man
AG
Current RPI as of a few minutes ago. Obviously Vandy and Florida are not in position to host, and I wonder if a team like Southern Miss wouldn't be picked ahead of Texas and/or LSU?

Also, no way in hell Oregon hosts, with Oregon State 50 miles down the road.

threeanout
AG
Played our hearts out to drop one spot in the RPI rankings today. Can almost ill afford to drop one of our next five games, all at home and hope for a top eight seed. S. Carolina now at 70, Miss. St. now at 95, but the good news is Incarnate Word won in extra innings today against New Orleans to jump up to 193.
Fat Black Swan
AG
Southern Miss has been wasting their chance the last couple weeks. I wouldn't count Vandy out as a host unless they lose tomorrow.
CypressAg09
AG
threeanout said:

Played our hearts out to drop one spot in the RPI rankings today. Can almost ill afford to drop one of our next five games, all at home and hope for a top eight seed. S. Carolina now at 70, Miss. St. now at 95, but the good news is Incarnate Word won in extra innings today against New Orleans to jump up to 193.
If we keep it up and manage to win the west, we'll get a national seed regardless of our RPI, imo.
W
AG
one interesting scenario...

would be A&M, DBU, and t.u. as regional hosts. That could redirect TCU to DBU's regional.

and leave the Ags' with a surprise / unexpected 2-seed
HJack20
AG
W said:

one interesting scenario...

would be A&M, DBU, and t.u. as regional hosts. That could redirect TCU to DBU's regional.

and leave the Ags' with a surprise / unexpected 2-seed

Not crazy about the idea of t.u. in our regional
Pumpkinhead
AG
threeanout said:

How much does the SEC tournament factor into seeding? Hypothetically if we simply played say the Vols in the SECT wouldn't that boost our RPI?
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

threeanout said:

How much does the SEC tournament factor into seeding? Hypothetically if we simply played say the Vols in the SECT wouldn't that boost our RPI?

As much as the committee deems it to get the results they want.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

threeanout said:

Welll…if basketball season set the precedent…
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
greg.w.h
AG
I've always treated tournament wins as half value wins. But in basketball it became absolutely obvious they don't count at all except for the auto-bid.
Lance Uppercut
AG
I feel like SEC wins still count for a lot. I think we're in a really good spot right now.
Sq 17
Lance Uppercut said:

I feel like SEC wins still count for a lot. I think we're in a really good spot right now.
Ags are in great spot 3rd best record in the SEC and arguably one of the hottest teams in the country and
oh by the way some really nice midweek wins
threeanout
AG
As I was afraid of, our RPI got crushed today. We dropped to # 23. Top 8 seed is probably out the window unless we win the west. Hosting as a 9-16 seed will mean we probably have to sweep Miss St. and also take two of three from Ole Miss. Miss St.'s RPI is now south of 100. Win six of our last seven or make a huge showing in the tourney.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.