***2022 RPI Tracker***

136,737 Views | 885 Replies | Last: 12 mo ago by RED AG 98
RED AG 98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Definite maybe depending on what the committee does.

If we get screwed by the committee relying heavily on RPI then yeah maybe we need to tweak some stuff.

If we're a top 8 seed despite poor RPI because the committee shows some baseball intelligence and considers SEC schedule/record/etc, then maybe we're good.
Goose06
AG
We should definitely play 1 road series plus 1 tournament in non conference and ideally a couple of road mid week games. Having home and homes mid week rotations with Texas, UH, Rice, and Tx State seems to make sense. When texas joins the league you could swap in DBU or Baylor or TCU.
TXAggie2011
AG
MaroonStain said:

So per this year's RPI, in 2023, we need to schedule 50% of non-conference schedule on the road. No more 22 games at Blue Bell with one away series and one tourney.

Amirite?

I think playing more of the best teams in our region during midweek games would go a long ways to fixing what has plagued A&M for many years.

DBU is always nice when we get them.

One game with Texas is a nice start but that should of been a home and home all along. And we should be playing Baylor and TCU at least semi regularly.

Florida, for example, has never shied away from playing tough midweek games and year after year after year they've benefited for it.
hunter2012
AG
This might be the better place for it.

Eike Mlko
It amazes me that for the 3rd week in a row we are around 19 or 20 in the RPI when the games are done and the dust settles. Then I wake up on Monday morning and it never fails they stick us one spot behind the sips. I know this is an average and is calculated, but the BAS in me thinks they wait and then make an adjustment in the numbers to make sure we stay down.

dermdoc
AG
Should we pull for Florida tomorrow so we can play the higher rpi team?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TempleAg97
AG
dermdoc said:

Should we pull for Florida tomorrow so we can play the higher rpi team?

Absolutely! No doubt about it.
Keegan99
AG
Correct.
Goose06
AG
Keegan99 said:

Correct.
I would probably pull for whoever has the lesser options on the mound on Wednesday. A win for us is more important than the minor improvement from getting a higher RPI opponent.

USC has been pitching backwards so their Thursday starter this week (and their game 1 starter for over a month now) was Brett Thomas who has an ERA approaching 7. Assuming they don't go with Thomas on short rest tomorrow, I think thats a very winnable matchup for us as USC doesn't have a deep bullpen either (recall in game 2 we got down like 9-0 and came back and won once we eventually chased their starter).

Florida on the other hand has Brandon Stroat as the likely guy on Wednesday and he has 7 quality starts against SEC competition and an ERA under 4 and Florida just has a lot more depth in their pitching staff.

So while I get the idea of why some may want Florida, I would probably prefer USC.
RED AG 98
AG
Does any site actually publish OWP or OOWP data? I get that all the data is out there and completely understand why Nolan or Boyd would not do so. Just curious because it would be relatively straightforward to calculate the RPI scenarios for couple games if so. Surely there's a python scraper out there already doing all this?
threeanout
AG
Florida for sure. We need all the RPI boost we can get.
Sq 17
Just win baby ,
ColleyvilleAg06
AG
Early conference tourney results:
A&M #22 coming into the week

#20 Georgia Tech loses to #72 Pitt
#12 Georgia loses to #48 Alabama
#11 Wake Forest losing to #42 NC State 7-5

Still to come on Tuesday:
#16 UNC vs. #30 Clemson
#7 Auburn vs. #54 Kentucky
#5 Vandy vs. #36 Ole Miss

Getting a little bit of help early going….
Chrundle the Great
AG
Georgia nose dive continues
Blindside05
AG
Wake goes down
Eike Mlko
Do they update RPI live during the tourney?
ColleyvilleAg06
AG
Normally yes…. But for some reason WarrenNolan is not updating today. Not sure what is going on
AggieKeith15
AG
It looks like Boyd's World has updated. Georgia falls to 24 and the Aggies are up to 19 now. No changes shown for WF yet.

Edit. Disregard this was for another metric, not RPI.
Eike Mlko
ColleyvilleAg06 said:

Normally yes…. But for some reason WarrenNolan is not updating today. Not sure what is going on

NM
RED AG 98
AG
Kendall posted that D1 Baseball is updating live today. I don't normally check RPI there so I don't know where we started the day. We are now 22 there however; so either we were lower there than Nolan and Boyd's or we dropped 1 today...

Eike Mlko
We were 22 to start the day. Looks like we got jumped by east Carolina and g tech fell out to stay at 22
W
AG
somebody wake up Warren
RED AG 98
AG
W said:

somebody wake up Warren's pyscraper bot
dabo man
AG
I think Warren Nolan is up to date. They have Georgia at #17 and Alabama at #43. I'm almost certain Georgia was more like #13 this morning. Don't know about Bama.

Also, it looks like the teams' records have been updated. Bama is 12-17 in conference, 17-8 out of conference, but has an overall 30-25 record. I assume that extra win comes for their tournament win today.

https://www.warrennolan.com/baseball/2022/rpi-live
AvidAggie
AG
UF moves up to 22 and we move down to 24
ColleyvilleAg06
AG
Yes. It's updated. The RPI delta was set to zero before today.
W
AG
so Dallas Baptist has drifted down to #13 --- that should end the host speculation.

the Patriots are another 2-seed candidate for College Station
ColleyvilleAg06
AG
Ours has drifted down also just as a matter of how the formula works. Teams that we played are playing each other and driving our opponents record closer to .500. And Florida beating South Carolina knocked us down more in SOS. Still it was a good day with a few upsets in front of us and puts us in great position to leap frog a bunch of teams with a good week.
Sq 17
Hard to make up ground unless the Ags win the tourney
BTHOB
AG
Unless the Ags win the tourney, there is virtually zero chance at a top 8 seed.
ColleyvilleAg06
AG
Based on what exactly? RPI?

We are a top 8 in virtually every projected bracket there is. In some as high as #3 overall. I would agree that we cannot afford a bad/losing record tournament week, but as of right now I do think we are top 8 (I think we are actually probably #8) and there is actually a bit of a gap between the top 8 and whoever is #9. Southern Miss???? Auburn? Both need a good week to feel remotely good about hosting period.

Conference record does matter and it's tough to find 8 profiles more deserving. Also hard to envision the sec only gets 1 top 8 with 11 teams in the field. The narrative that the committee is doing what they can to keep us out of the top 8 is dumb. These are different folks than the basketball or football committee.
aginlakeway
AG
BTHOB said:

How do you know this for a fact? Based on what?
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
threeanout
AG
Win today and our RPI would jump up to around #18, lose at it falls all the way to #28. If the committee is going to put as much emphasis on RPI as they have in the past, this game is very important for our hosting chances.
AG
BTHOB said:

Spoken like someone who hasn't watched the season, opened up the RPI sheet, and based conclusions off of one single input. Thankfully, I don't believe the committee will do the same
BTHOB
AG
24601 said:

BTHOB said:

Spoken like someone who hasn't watched the season, opened up the RPI sheet, and based conclusions off of one single input. Thankfully, I don't believe the committee will do the same

Spoken like someone who has no clue what I've watched, what I've done, or how I formulate my opinions. Lol.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.