***2022 RPI Tracker***

136,749 Views | 885 Replies | Last: 12 mo ago by RED AG 98
RED AG 98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
twk said:

drthoop said:

We keep talking about "cavernous" Schwab field but it's only 5 feet longer down the lines and 8 feet longer in center than Olsen. Power alley's are the same.

Left Line 335 ft (102 m) Left Center 375 ft (114 m) Center Field 408 ft (124 m) Right Center 375 ft (114 m) Right Line 335 ft (102 m)

Schwab faces southeast, in the direction of the prevailing wind this time of year. At Olsen, the ballpark faces north, and the wind is usually blowing out when it's warm.
And just for reference Rosenblatt has the same dimensions as Schwab but is rotated 90 deg, facing to the northeast.
Wicked Good Ag
Baseball fans lately just want to see the HR and offense.

Maybe I am old school but I like situational play and would love 4-3 ballgames which also wouldn't likely take 4.5hrs +

But I was a scrawny thin kid who hit into gaps not over the fence
dabo man
AG
TD Amerischwab is unusual in that it faces Southeast. Most ballparks face north. This means that any kind of warm weather wind (i.e. wind with a southerly component) is going to either be blowing in from right or from center at Amerischwab.

And it's going to be very warm, at least for the start of the CWS.

Friday
Hot, sunny. Highs in the lower 90s. East winds 5 to 10 mph.
Friday Night And Saturday
Hot. Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 70s. Highs in the upper 90s.
Saturday Night
Clear. Lows in the mid 70s.
Sunday Through Monday
Hot. Mostly clear. Highs around 100. Lows around 80.
Monday Night
Mostly clear with a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 70s. Chance of rain 20 percent.
Tuesday
Hot. Mostly sunny. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 90s. Chance of rain 20 percent.

AgLA06
AG
Yah, most ballparks face the same way for a reason. Or many reason actually.

I guess someone thought they were smarter and turned it facing south for the breeze? Or they own a sunscreen company?
dabo man
AG
I'd always thought that most ballparks face north, principally, so that the sun will never be in batter's eyes.
twk
AG
Northeast is the most common, but southeast is not unusual. When a field faces northeast, the 3rd base side is in the shade, and the home team usually takes the 3rd base dugout. Back from the time when managers/coaches used to coach 3rd, having the home dugout behind you was a plus. Also, for summer baseball, you have to keep in mind that the sun works its way north along the horizon, so both left and center can have some sum problems in the height of the summer.
dabo man
AG
I went to warrennolan.com today as RPI is still being updated. It's interesting (to me, at least) to see that it's largely coming around to reality. Vandy at #8 is one notable exception.

All 8 teams that made it to Omaha are now deserving of hosting, and we are in line for that coveted top 8 national seed (at #7).

CapCityAg89
AG
dabo man said:

I went to warrennolan.com today as RPI is still being updated. It's interesting (to me, at least) to see that it's largely coming around to reality. Vandy at #8 is one notable exception.

All 8 teams that made it to Omaha are now deserving of hosting, and we are in line for that coveted top 8 national seed (at #7).

Still hard to believe Vitelli and UT f'd that up.
greg.w.h
AG
Mad skillz…literally angry…
85AustinAg
AG
I think that teams like Tennessee who have had minimal adversity along the way, are ill equipped to handle it - if and when it comes. Teams like A&M, Ole Miss, Oklahoma have been down that path and know how to work through it. Tennessee didn't.
RED AG 98
AG
Maybe start up the new thread, I dunno, next Thursday 3/30? Seems like a tradition to me

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.