Any Fantasy Hoops Players?

34,310 Views | 792 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ClutchCityAg
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ClutchCityAg said:

Prolly Vanderbilt and either Anthony or oubre
I am also trying to think of some sort of two for one ideas...anyone you'd go after with these guys?

Guards: Luka, Harden, Lonzo, Derrick White, Jordan Clarkson, Cole Anthony
Forwards: AD, Sabonis, Bazley, Oubre, Vanderbilt, Thad Young
Centers: Kanter,

IR: Nurkic, Valanciunas, WCJ

I have been interested in Michael Porter Jr., but his owner won't budge. Also interested in Fred Van Vleet. Any other ideas for 2 for 1s and what would get them done?
ClutchCityAg
I think at this point you have to wait for one of your guys to get hot and then try to sell high. Plus once Valanciunas and Nurkic and WCJ are all back to healthy you're gonna be pretty unstoppable I'd think
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
ClutchCityAg said:

I think at this point you have to wait for one of your guys to get hot and then try to sell high. Plus once Valanciunas and Nurkic and WCJ are all back to healthy you're gonna be pretty unstoppable I'd think
Maybe I just need to come to terms with the fact that it's probably time to drop Oubre.
Saint Pablo
I cut Oubre. Very sad day.
Saint Pablo
Would you flip AD for KAT or nah?
ClutchCityAg
Saint Pablo said:

Yeah he is next on my list too sadly. Keep an eye on him though in case he rounds into form... eventually
Let it ride
ClutchCityAg
Saint Pablo said:

Nah. AD is elite, he will come around.

Richaun Holmes could be a good target for you in a 2-1 trade I think.
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

Yeah he is next on my list too sadly. Keep an eye on him though in case he rounds into form... eventually
Threw him on my watchlist. Hate to see him go.
Saint Pablo
ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

Which two would you flip? I dropped Vanderbilt for Anthony Edwards since his minutes have been up and I like his upside.
ClutchCityAg
Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

Which two would you flip? I dropped Vanderbilt for Anthony Edwards since his minutes have been up and I like his upside.
Maybe Thad Young and Kanter?

Josh posted a buy low video/pod:
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

Ooo I will check that out. I haven't nailed his release schedule down yet lol but I listen quite a bit.
ClutchCityAg
Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

Ooo I will check that out. I haven't nailed his release schedule down yet lol but I listen quite a bit.
Yeah I just go listen to his most recent podcasts on my drive home usually
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

I do the same on the way to or from work.
ClutchCityAg
Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

This is another great follow for fantasy (and betting). This news seems good for Jonas V for you!

Let it ride
Saint Pablo
ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

This is another great follow for fantasy (and betting). This news seems good for Jonas V for you!

Thanks! I deleted Twitter so I can't follow him, but I appreciate that update. That's great for Val. How much do you think JJJ impacts his value? Would you rather have Vuc or Val?
ClutchCityAg
Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

Thanks! I deleted Twitter so I can't follow him, but I appreciate that update. That's great for Val. How much do you think JJJ impacts his value? Would you rather have Vuc or Val?
Vuc for sure. Val probably goes from a top 50 player to a top 70 player with JJJ back is my guess. Vuc is a top 20 guy easily
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

Vuc for sure. Val probably goes from a top 50 player to a top 70 player with JJJ back is my guess. Vuc is a top 20 guy easily
Would you flip Val and Clarkson for Vuc?
ClutchCityAg
Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

Absolutely. As josh would say, I would shove my kids to the ground on my way to run and hit accept lol
Let it ride
ClutchCityAg
Wow I just checked the projections and that would give you 5 players in the top 15... Luka, Harden, AD, Sabonis, Vuc
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

Absolutely. As josh would say, I would shove my kids to the ground on my way to run and hit accept lol
Hopefully I can get that done. He said he would take it now if Val were cleared to play...hoping he gets cleared today and he pushes it through.

Would you be so kind as to show me the top 100-150 players as of now. I really appreciate all your help and advice, I am a fantasy football guy, so if you ever need help during football season, I'd be happy to help!
ClutchCityAg
No Problem! I could definitely use some help.. Football is my worst sport for fantasy, feels like it takes the most luck and least skill. I routinely clean up in baseball and basketball but football I am all over the place. Usually I can make playoffs but haven't won a league in awhile.

Let it ride
ClutchCityAg
Just for comparison so you can see how each league is different, heres the top players from my points league and my categories league:

Yahoo Points Custom Scoring:

8-cat:
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
Thank you again! I really appreciate that. I save these and refer back to them for a few weeks at a time lol

I think drafting is the biggest thing in FF, but it really does come down to a lot of luck. I won two leagues this year with teams that I wasn't crazy about and lost last year when I assembled what I am 100% confident will be the best FF team I will ever roster. I had Mahomes, Michael Thomas (the year he was WR1), Christian McCaffrey, Zeke, Chris Carson, Cooper Kupp and lost to a dude who was the four seed and picked up Kenyan Drake off of waivers two weeks before the playoffs and he went for 70 points over two weeks.
ClutchCityAg
Saint Pablo said:

Thank you again! I really appreciate that. I save these and refer back to them for a few weeks at a time lol

I think drafting is the biggest thing in FF, but it really does come down to a lot of luck. I won two leagues this year with teams that I wasn't crazy about and lost last year when I assembled what I am 100% confident will be the best FF team I will ever roster. I had Mahomes, Michael Thomas (the year he was WR1), Christian McCaffrey, Zeke, Chris Carson, Cooper Kupp and lost to a dude who was the four seed and picked up Kenyan Drake off of waivers two weeks before the playoffs and he went for 70 points over two weeks.
Damnnn haha okay yeah then I guess its not just me, feels like the team that is the 'best' all season is rarely the one that ends up winning in FF. But I guess that mirrors real football where it is all about who gets hot and has the best gameplan and execution.
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
Remind me, do you play categories and points? Which do you prefer???
ClutchCityAg
Saint Pablo said:

Yes I play both, I would say I prefer categories by a lot. It involves much more strategy for team building and greatly increases the amount of players that are fantasy relevant.

Points leagues are much less time intensive and easier for casual players, so it is a good way to keep people involved and join in.

In categories you have to think about which categories you are strong in and which your opponent is strong in and try to map out which ones you will try to win. It makes trades a lot easier too because you can target players who only get threes or blocks or rebounds, rather than just trying to find players who will score more fantasy points.

Edit: same with baseball! categories are the way to go
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

Yes I play both, I would say I prefer categories by a lot. It involves much more strategy for team building and greatly increases the amount of players that are fantasy relevant.

Points leagues are much less time intensive and easier for casual players, so it is a good way to keep people involved and join in.

In categories you have to think about which categories you are strong in and which your opponent is strong in and try to map out which ones you will try to win. It makes trades a lot easier too because you can target players who only get threes or blocks or rebounds, rather than just trying to find players who will score more fantasy points.

Edit: same with baseball! categories are the way to go
Categories sounds fun. I may have to give it a go next year. Categories almost seem like positions in fantasy football...in points leagues positions really don't matter much at all. In football you have to strategize if you want to draft a TE, reach for a running QB, RB depth, etc.
ClutchCityAg
Yeah exactly it adds a whole lot more to the draft other than 'who is projected the most points' Like if you took Jokic and Beal with your first two picks, you are gonna have plenty of points and assists and threes.. but you are gonna be really lacking on steals and blocks and shooting %s to a small degree, so someone like Rudy Gobert in the third round would be perfect. Stuff like that
Let it ride
awrollins
I was offered AD for Harrison Barnes and Myles Turner. Thoughts?
Saint Pablo
That feels like an easy take, but I could be missing something. Clutch probably knows better!
awrollins
He's worked the trade towards Hield, AD, and JJJ for Fournier, Barnes, and Myles Turner. Considering that I was about to drop JJJ, I feel as if this is a take. Thoughts?
Saint Pablo
awrollins said:

He's worked the trade towards Hield, AD, and JJJ for Fournier, Barnes, and Myles Turner. Considering that I was about to drop JJJ, I feel as if this is a take. Thoughts?
Wait I am confused. You would be giving AD or getting?
Saint Pablo
ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

He countered with Val, Clarkson, and Bazley for Vuc. Is that still bueno? I think easily.
Saint Pablo
He said he would throw in LMA too.

So I would be giving Clarkson, Bazley, and Val and getting Vuc and LMA. I think it is worth it.

Yeah Vuc is 16 in the rankings and LMA is 110. Val is 41, Clarkson doesn't crack the top 130, and Bazley is 98. I think I have to.
ClutchCityAg
Saint Pablo said:

He said he would throw in LMA too.

So I would be giving Clarkson, Bazley, and Val and getting Vuc and LMA. I think it is worth it.

Yeah Vuc is 16 in the rankings and LMA is 110. Val is 41, Clarkson doesn't crack the top 130, and Bazley is 98. I think I have to.
Yup thats a W
Let it ride

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.