Any Fantasy Hoops Players?

34,309 Views | 792 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ClutchCityAg
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Feels like a winner long term, but ultimately depends on how good MPJ ends up being.
Saint Pablo
Who is the drop to activate Wendell Carter Jr.?
Theis
Steven Adam's
Batum
Cole Anthony
I'm thinking Adams or Theis.
Saint Pablo
Rip Anthony Davis. The guy never sent that deal after he picked up Kelly Oubre so I think I'm stuck with AD now.
Saint Pablo
In addition to all the snow and real life sucking right now, my fantasy team is getting HOSED.

I swapped Thad Young for Jaren Jackson Jr. thinking it was a good buy-low sell-high with JJJ coming back and Thad's role diminishing with the return of WCJ. JJJ was soon declared out until March after the trade.

Then AD went down.
Derrick White has 3 games canceled because of COVID.
Theis is sitting because of a hand injury.
Cole Anthony is hurt.
Nic Batum has a concussion.
On top of Nurkic still firmly planted in my IR.

Luka also only plays 2 games this week.

Don't see my win streak surving this week.
ClutchCityAg
I like the trade, Zion is a top keeper in a league like that
Let it ride
ClutchCityAg
Yeah Ive been with limited internet so didn't even get to set my lineup the past couple days
Let it ride
Aggie09Derek
AG
Now trying to figure out a way to package some of DeRozan, Oubre, Russell (little trade value now), and Herro into getting a top 20ish player.

ClutchCityAg
Aggie09Derek said:

Now trying to figure out a way to package some of DeRozan, Oubre, Russell (little trade value now), and Herro into getting a top 20ish player.

Well we know people are down on AD right now..
Let it ride
Aggie09Derek
AG
Ha I tied and failed with several trade offers

I have a good team this year but willing to shed and be better for years 3+

Could package Harden with one of the above guys and try to get two good guys.
ClutchCityAg
Aggie09Derek said:

Ha I tied and failed with several trade offers

I have a good team this year but willing to shed and be better for years 3+

Could package Harden with one of the above guys and try to get two good guys.
Thats what I did in dynasty, I traded Harden for Shai and Fox
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
Suffered my first L in a while last week. Injuries and COVID ravaged me. I am looking at some waiver moves and am curious what y'all think. Here is my roster currently:

G: Luka, Harden, Lonzo, Derrick White, Josh Hart, Ricky Rubio
F: Sabonis, Marvin Bagley III
C: Vucevic, WCJ, Kanter, Nerlens Noel, Daniel Theis

IR: AD, JJJ, Nurk

All of the aggressive moves I made earlier in the year to get top end guys and my current injury/COVID issues have left me kind of shallow at the end of my bench...Hart, Rubio, Theis, Noel, and Hart are all borderline guys right now. Would you swap any of them out for Kyle Kuzma, Kendrick Nunn, Theo Maledon, Devonte Graham, THJ, Gary Trent Jr., Josh Richardson, Nic Batum, Jeremy Lamb, Elfrid Payton, Eric Gordon, Miles Bridges? Anyone y'all looking at trading for? I listened to Josh' buy lows this week and wasn't particularly crazy about his ideas.
ClutchCityAg
I have been trying to trade for Ja Morant as a buy low. But I also have been ravaged by covid and postponements.

I think you need to just start streaming a bunch, if someone has a big game then hold him and see if he sticks. Otherwise just churn the roster and score a bunch while you can because all 3 of your IR players will be taking up a roster spot when they come back.

Bummed you couldnt pull off that Bam trade
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
ClutchCityAg said:

I have been trying to trade for Ja Morant as a buy low. But I also have been ravaged by covid and postponements.

I think you need to just start streaming a bunch, if someone has a big game then hold him and see if he sticks. Otherwise just churn the roster and score a bunch while you can because all 3 of your IR players will be taking up a roster spot when they come back.

Good idea on Ja.

Who would you hold and who would you use as streaming slots?

Yeah I am pissed about that.
ClutchCityAg
Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Good idea on Ja.

Who would you hold and who would you use as streaming slots?

Yeah I am pissed about that.
Rubio, Theis, and Hart I think are the stream spots if I had to pick. Bagley is borderline. Nerlens is fine to hold till robinson gets back but he hasn't been as good as I had hoped when I snagged him
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
Would you trade Josh Hart for Buddy Hield or nah?
ClutchCityAg
Saint Pablo said:

Would you trade Josh Hart for Buddy Hield or nah?
100%
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
I just grabbed him off of waivers so not really a huge loss for me either way. Hart averages 2 more FPPG in my league.
ClutchCityAg
Thats crazy to me haha, Hield is so much better than Hart in my league. Guessing it has to do with FG% cause Hield takes and missed more shots
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
Ready to move on from Theis' sorry ass. Who has more potential in your mind? Saben Lee, David Nwaba, or Kendrick Nunn?
ClutchCityAg
Saint Pablo said:

Ready to move on from Theis' sorry ass. Who has more potential in your mind? Saben Lee, David Nwaba, or Kendrick Nunn?
I snagged Saben Lee, but Nwaba is nice too for your league format
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
Is Cody Zeller a must roster guy?
ClutchCityAg
meh, could be depending on the league but usually Id say no
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
ClutchCityAg said:

meh, could be depending on the league but usually Id say no
Any interest in Lamarcus Aldridge returning or nah?
ClutchCityAg
Enough to use a waiver claim, but not enough to trade a top 100 player
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
Would you nab him today or wait until tomorrow and get an upside guy like Lee or Nwaba or Nunn?
Aggie09Derek
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Still trying to brainstorm ideas...

This is a 10 team league with 10 starters per team and 5 bench spots (plus 3IR which is getting full use now).

Any ideas?

Even willing to trade Harden if the right trade makes sense.

Full Team:
Harden
Zion
DeRozan
D'Angelo Russell
Oubre
Herro
Shroder
Smart
Josh Hart
Horford
Mason Plumlee
Huerter
Jae'Sean Tate
Ibaka
Seth Curry
Lou Williams
Brook Lopez
Elfrid Payton

ClutchCityAg
Saint Pablo said:

Would you nab him today or wait until tomorrow and get an upside guy like Lee or Nwaba or Nunn?
Grab Lee first then Aldridge, both if possible
Let it ride
ClutchCityAg
Aggie09Derek said:

Aggie09Derek said:

Still trying to brainstorm ideas...

This is a 10 team league with 10 starters per team and 5 bench spots (plus 3IR which is getting full use now).

Any ideas?

Even willing to trade Harden if the right trade makes sense.

Full Team:
Harden
Zion
DeRozan
D'Angelo Russell
Oubre
Herro
Shroder
Smart
Josh Hart
Horford
Mason Plumlee
Huerter
Jae'Sean Tate
Ibaka
Seth Curry
Lou Williams
Brook Lopez
Elfrid Payton

Didn't you say this was a keeper league right? How do yall do draft picks? just normal snake or do each of your keepers cost you a pick? I love the idea of trading for picks if you aren't a major contender this year.

Id be looking to sell high on Huerter and Hart. Maybe a package of Derozan, Herro, and Huerter could get you something like Jamal Murray or Ja Morant or DeAaron Fox?
Let it ride
Aggie09Derek
AG
Quote:

Didn't you say this was a keeper league right? How do yall do draft picks? just normal snake or do each of your keepers cost you a pick? I love the idea of trading for picks if you aren't a major contender this year.
Keeper and yes each Keeper is a pick. So you can select 0-5 keepers per year.

So theoretically you aren't keeping any guys outside of the top 50 in the league for sure. I inherited this team from someone who chose not to keep playing and I kept Harden/LBJ/Oubre (picking him over Collins as my 3rd keeper still haunts me).
ClutchCityAg
Aggie09Derek said:

Quote:

Keeper and yes each Keeper is a pick. So you can select 0-5 keepers per year.

So theoretically you aren't keeping any guys outside of the top 50 in the league for sure. I inherited this team from someone who chose not to keep playing and I kept Harden/LBJ/Oubre (picking him over Collins as my 3rd keeper still haunts me).
Okay nice, I like that style of keeper league. It adds some strategy. So at this point Harden and Zion are for sure keepers, and DLo and Derozan and maybe Oubre are who your others would be?
Let it ride
Aggie09Derek
AG
Yeah...you got it. 2 for sure people and three maybes. Would be nice to trade some of the maybes together to get 1 for sure guy.

I'm good trading away my team in hopes for being crazy good in 2-3 years.
ClutchCityAg
Aggie09Derek said:

Yeah...you got it. 2 for sure people and three maybes. Would be nice to trade some of the maybes together to get 1 for sure guy.

I'm good trading away my team in hopes for being crazy good in 2-3 years.

https://hashtagbasketball.com/fantasy-basketball-dynasty-rankings

Check this site out, I use their dynasty rankings for my keeper league. It's nice cause you can specify whether you are contending or rebuilding.

A good target for you could be Tyrese Halliburton I think, shouldn't be too expensive and could take a big step next year. I was able to trade away Harden for SGA and Fox so that kinda gives you an idea of what his value is
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
Hey Clutch, any way I could get an update on Josh's rankings for my league? Thanks again for everything man!
ClutchCityAg
Saint Pablo said:

Hey Clutch, any way I could get an update on Josh's rankings for my league? Thanks again for everything man!
Sure thing!

Let it ride
Saint Pablo
Thank you so much! Would you be comfortable trading Lonzo and Derrick White for Jamal Murray or nah?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.