Any Fantasy Hoops Players?

34,334 Views | 792 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ClutchCityAg
ClutchCityAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
ClutchCityAg said:

Thank you! That was a good listen. Some guys in my league really questioned the Oubre trade and I was surprised based on ADP, but that made me feel better. I also hope I can scoop warren up.
Harry Dunne
MuckRaker96 said:

Been playing for 20+ years but as I get older my draft strategy becomes - 2 rounds of superstars - then don't draft anyone I've heard of, because it likely means they are old like me and not good anymore.

This.

Like when I think I'm slick for seeing that Reggie Jackson (Who in my mind is still an underrated young stud) is still available and I jump on him only to find out he's a 30 year old 12 minutes a game guy now.

I woulda bet big he's 26 y/o and gonna be a 18-5-5 guy this year.
ClutchCityAg
I was able to trade for Oubre as well, gave up Chris Boucher for him. Lets hope he bounces back!
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
Someone just offered me Lamarcus Aldridge for Montrezl Harrell. Is that a buy low/sell high? Or a bad deal?
ClutchCityAg
Saint Pablo said:

Someone just offered me Lamarcus Aldridge for Montrezl Harrell. Is that a buy low/sell high? Or a bad deal?

Aldridge isn't super exciting but he would only need to finish like top 80 to match Trez, with upside for more.
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
Someone just offered Sabonis for Jimmy and Nurkic. That feels like a bit much, but I really Sabonis. Any suggestions?
ClutchCityAg
I'd hold
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
I'm sick of my team already!
ClutchCityAg
It's a long season, just gotta make playoffs
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
0-2! Jimmy Buckets is killing me. I also have the most Points Against by a very wide margin.
Saint Pablo
I have to drop someone to make room for Derrick White coming off of IR...would like to open one or two other spots for streamers...potential candidates would be:
Kelly Oubre
Marvin Bagley III
Draymond
Wendell Carter Jr.
Keldon Johnson
Derrick White

I am incredibly tempted to drop Draymond's sorry ass. Not sure who else would make sense...
ClutchCityAg
How many teams are in your league? And what are your scoring settings?
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
ClutchCityAg said:

How many teams are in your league? And what are your scoring settings?
10 teams.

It is a points league that is broken down like this. Kind of weird, only my second time doing this, first time in years.
Field Goals Missed (FGMI)
Rebounds (REB)
Assists (AST)
Steals (STL)
Blocks (BLK)
Turnovers (TO)
Flagrant Fouls (FF)
Technical Fouls (TF)
Double Doubles (DD)
Triple Doubles (TD)
Quadruple Doubles (QD)
Points (PTS)
ClutchCityAg
Wait so you get penalized -1 every time you miss a shot? I mean that's normal but there's not a fgm score to balance it out?
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
ClutchCityAg said:

Wait so you get penalized -1 every time you miss a shot? I mean that's normal but there's not a fgm score to balance it out?
Points was supposed to balance it out. I didn't understand why you get points for field goals made, points, and threes when I set things up. It didn't make sense to me that you get like 3 or 4 points for a made shot or whatever it was...I get it isn't standard and I am not sure if I f-ed up setting it up.
ClutchCityAg
Not too bad once I plugged it in I guess, just a little lower scoring than my league
Saint Pablo
ClutchCityAg said:

Not too bad once I plugged it in I guess, just a little lower scoring than my league
Any advice on aforementioned drops?
ClutchCityAg
You set it up fine, the -1 is just a little high maybe -.75 or -.5 would've been better but it is what is. As it stands you are gonna want to prioritize big men like a lot. Guys with high FG% and double doubles are gonna be ideal.
ClutchCityAg
Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Any advice on aforementioned drops?

Here's the Top 100 ROS based on your settings

Value, ComboG, and JoshG are projected fantasy points per game. JoshT is projected total value for ROS
Saint Pablo
Interesting. I don't see Keldon in there, but would rather hold him than Dray or Oubre...tempted to dump them both. Dray at 53 feels way off.
ClutchCityAg
Keldon is down at 100, just off the page. The rankings seem a bit off just cause of your settings, big men with high fg% get a big boost
Saint Pablo
Thanks for the list! I am gonna use it to try and make a trade or two.
ClutchCityAg
good luck!!
Saint Pablo
Reached out to the Trae Young owner. He just offered me Dame for Jimmy Butler and Montrezl. I am really tempted to do this. Thoughts?
ClutchCityAg
Saint Pablo said:

Reached out to the Trae Young owner. He just offered me Dame for Jimmy Butler and Montrezl. I am really tempted to do this. Thoughts?
Hmm, yeah Id probably do that cause then you don't have to drop anyone to activate Derrick White.
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

Hmm, yeah Id probably do that cause then you don't have to drop anyone to activate Derrick White.
He adjusted the trade to Jimmy and Draymond for Damian Lillard. Which I like a bit more.

I also have an offer on the table where I would give Wendell Carter Jr. and a second piece for Michael Porter Jr. and a second piece. He initially wanted Dray, but that wouldn't work with that other deal taking place.

Also, would you say that it is wrong to wait to accept the trade until after the Heat start and processing it tomorrow?
ClutchCityAg
I think Dray vs Trez just comes down to preference.. either way I think Jimmy to Dame is an upgrade.

Wendell for MPJ is kind of a sideways move for you, so depends on what the second piece is. I think your main objective should be upgrading the top of your roster and then using those last 3-4 spots as rotating streaming spots or for picking up hot waivers adds. Doing 2 for 1 trades where you get back the best player in the deal is a good way of doing this.

In my league as long as both owners agree on when to process the trade then it doesn't matter, could be same day or could wait the full 3 days.
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
ClutchCityAg said:

I think Dray vs Trez just comes down to preference.. either way I think Jimmy to Dame is an upgrade.

Wendell for MPJ is kind of a sideways move for you, so depends on what the second piece is. I think your main objective should be upgrading the top of your roster and then using those last 3-4 spots as rotating streaming spots or for picking up hot waivers adds. Doing 2 for 1 trades where you get back the best player in the deal is a good way of doing this.

In my league as long as both owners agree on when to process the trade then it doesn't matter, could be same day or could wait the full 3 days.
Again, thank you a ton for your input! I really appreciate the help and feel better bouncing ideas off of a fellow Ag than a leaguemate I am playing against.
ClutchCityAg
Happy to help! I've been playing for a long time and trades are always the hardest part, there's just no way to tell how much the other person values their players compared to what you do. In a points league it is especially hard cause why would someone trade you a player who is scoring more fantasy points than your player. Thats where the 2 for 1 deals and using streaming spots can really help.
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
After the Jimmy and Dray for Dame deal, I currently have:
Luka
Dame
SGA
Khris Middleton
Nurkic
Valanciunas
Kelly Oubre
Montrezl
Darrius Bazley
WCJ
Derrick White (IR)
Keldon Johnson
Nicolas Batum (Streamer)
Robert Williams III (Streamer/flier)

Since I flipped Jimmy, I feel like I have a hole at PF and looking around the league, I found a team that has Bam Adebayo, Joel Embiid, and Porzingis. When KP returns, that will be a loaded group of PF/C's. At G he has Harden, but there is a pretty big drop off after that with DeRozan and Wiggins being his next best guys. I would really like to trade for Bam if possible. Do you think there is a deal that could be made that would make sense? Do positions even really matter that much?
ClutchCityAg
As long as you are able to fit everyone in your lineup when they play then positions don't really matter. The only concern would be if you had players sitting on your bench wasting their games cause they cant fit into one of the open lineup spots.

Here comes a wall of text haha... And this applies for anyone reading this thread in a points league for fantasy sports!

I'd say that Luka, Dame, Nurkic, Valanciunas, and Shai are your 'untouchables' at this point

Tier 1 - Luka and Dame are your building blocks. Top 15 talents.

Tier 2 - Nurkic, Valanciunas, & Shai - Top 20-40 type guys. 2nd, 3rd, 4th round draft picks. I would only trade these if you were getting back a top 15 type player (like Bam, Embiid, Sabonis, KAT) for one of them plus a lower level guy. Maybe combine 2 of them to get a top 5 person like Giannis or Harden but that's tough.

Tier 3 - probably Middleton & WCJ, solid depth guys that you start every night. Should be Top 40-60 ROS.

Tier 4 - Trez, White, Keldon, Bazley, & Oubre. All of these guys should be top 80-100 players and potential to be top 60-80. This is where I would try and package 2 of these players for someone you feel would comfortably be top 40-60. Some ideas are Siakam, Mitchell Robinson, Ayton, Brandon Ingram, Zach Lavine, Donovan Mitchell, Fred VanVleet, Gordon Hayward, And John Collins.

Tier 5/Streamers - Williams & Batum - I think you've got the right approach here, Batum is purely a streamer that you can drop and churn that spot for 5-7 games in 7 days if needed (use b2bs to get more value per add) and Williams is a stream that you maybe hold for a week and see if he becomes a starter.

The key is to constantly look for ways to combine 2 players in any tier and get a player in the Tier above.
If you were to do something like Harrell & Oubre for Siakam. That essentially 'upgrades' Harrell to Siakam for the price of 1 Oubre, and you now open an extra roster spot for streaming and can maybe move Williams up into Tier 4.

Think about it from a math perspective (using the basketball monster projections for your league settings):

Harrell=25 fppg + Oubre=24 fppg x 4 games each (on a good week) = 196 fantasy points

Siakam=30 fppg + Stream Spot= ~20 fppg x 4 gms for Siakam & 5-7 gms in stream spot = 200-240 fantasy points
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
Ahhh this is awesome. Incredibly helpful. I have reached out to a couple guys about two for one deals to upgrade Tier 4 guys to Tier 3 guys.

Do you think that Shai and Nurk/Jonas would be too much for Bam? I haven't heard back from his owner yet, but am trying to come up with a couple pitches for when he responds.
ClutchCityAg
I think you would be selling low on Nurk and Shai.. tough to say here. Probably just hold and look for a better deal
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
ClutchCityAg said:

I think you would be selling low on Nurk and Shai.. tough to say here. Probably just hold and look for a better deal
I reached out to the owner of Gordon Hayward and John Collins and offered Montrezl and Oubre for one of the two. He countered with Hayward and Lamarcus Aldridge for Trez, Oubre, and Bazley. I don't really want to do it with Bazley. Thoughts?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.