Any Fantasy Hoops Players?

34,306 Views | 792 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ClutchCityAg
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aggie09Derek said:

My league is just head to head categories:

FGM
FG%
FTM
FT%
3PM
3P%
REB
AST
STL
BLK
TO
PTS
Cats was too intimidating for my first year, but I may pivot next year now that I have a handle on things.
ClutchCityAg
Aggie09Derek said:

My league is just head to head categories:

FGM
FG%
FTM
FT%
3PM
3P%
REB
AST
STL
BLK
TO
PTS
Categories is the better format hands down. Thats a ton of categories though wow
Let it ride
ClutchCityAg
Points is better for casual players and keeping your league engaged. In cateogories leagues you almost always have 2-3 teams just stop caring halfway through cause it is more work
Let it ride
COAg15
AG
I'm in 8CAT and this is definitely the case. So frustrating half the managers bowed out halfway through. I do love CAT's though. In the first round of playoffs right now (2 weeks long) and it's neck and neck.
ClutchCityAg
Yeah the strategy of it makes it more fun. If you know your opponent is the best at rebounds you can punt it and stream people for assists and things like that. It also makes trading wayyyy easier cause teams have varying needs
Let it ride
ClutchCityAg
KPJ
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
ClutchCityAg said:

KPJ
Glad I held.
Saint Pablo
I have an extra player on Sunday, so I am looking to offload Darius Bazley for a guy that plays a Friday/Saturday B2B. I am thinking:

Coby White
Danilo Gallinari
Brandon Clarke
Dwayne Bacon
Gary Harris

someone help. I am thinking I will go back to Coby again.
ClutchCityAg
Projected points for Fri+Sat, You can see in the 'g' column how many games they have

Let it ride
Saint Pablo
Coby White come on down!
Saint Pablo
Can I see a Sat+Sun setup too? May cut bait w someone tonight if needed
Saint Pablo
Currently down 133...I have 26 players in action over the next three days he has 20 or 23 depending on how injuries shake out. It would be huge for me if LaMelo does not return this week, BogdanX2 sits, and Bruce Brown sits out. Also would be huge if Sabonis returns Saturday, but that feels unlikely. I really need Luka and AD to step it up. I am going to be sweating this one.
ClutchCityAg
Here is Sat+Sun... Hopefully Luka lives up to that!

Let it ride
Saint Pablo
ClutchCityAg said:

Here is Sat+Sun... Hopefully Luka lives up to that!

Doesn't feel likely, but a man can hope!
Saint Pablo
Need Russ to have an off game...no triple double. Speaking it into existence.
Saint Pablo
Drop Keldon Johnson to get two games out of Jalen Brunson or Kendrick Nunn?
Aggie09Derek
AG
Lamelo playing today!
Saint Pablo
Vucevic is now questionable....
Sabonis may go, but not sure...

So damn aggravating. My opponent also picked up LaMelo when I had to drop him because my IR was loaded with Harden, Holmes, Rob, and Richaun Holmes.

Debating dropping Vooch to activate Sabonis or trying to pick up Kendrick Nunn, Brunson, or Malik Monk.
COAg15
AG
4-4 on the last day of the first round of playoffs.

Do I activate Ball? I have him and Sabonis (did NOT expect him to pop off like that in his first game back) on IR. Would need to drop any of the following:

- Hield (playing today)
- Schroder (playing today)
- Bridges (playing today)
- Jarrett Allen
- Haliburton (playing today)
- Kelly Olynyk (playing today)
- Drummond (playing today)
- Draymond Green

The obvious choices out of those are Jarrett Allen and Olynyk, but i'm afraid of letting someone good go. I need about 15 rebounds more than my opponent tonight to win the category, or 16 more 3p's, or 6 blocks.

What would you do??

Rest of my roster:
- Curry
- Lillard (gotta love 8 teams to get both of these)
- PG13
- Tobias Harris
- Holmes
- Sabonis (still on IR)
- Ball (still on IR)
Saint Pablo
I'd find a way to get LaMelo in. Bridges and Halliburton seem droppable for him, but it depends on your scoring. I'm not super familiar with cats.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Our league the tiebreaker goes to regular season standing which I think is great

Good chance that is what happens today for me and I lose
Saint Pablo
I won my league!!!! Thanks for all your help clutch and everyone else. Helluva year and I really enjoyed the banter on this thread.
ClutchCityAg
Saint Pablo said:

I won my league!!!! Thanks for all your help clutch and everyone else. Helluva year and I really enjoyed the banter on this thread.
Hell yeah!! Congrats dude thats awesome!
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

Hell yeah!! Congrats dude thats awesome!
Thank you man! Really could not have done it without your help.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Congrats.

I got knocked out barely in the first round but next year will be a MUCH better team with all the moves I made this year. Really looking forward to it.
ClutchCityAg
Happy to help! Lets keep this thread going for next season!

On to baseball...
Let it ride
ClutchCityAg
Sorry I wasn't checking the thread over the weekend, did you advance to the next round?
Let it ride
COAg15
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

Sorry I wasn't checking the thread over the weekend, did you advance to the next round?
Not a problem. Yep I did! Tiebreaker went to the higher regular season seed (me).

Now I have Schroeder and Halliburton out. I dropped Schroeder thinking I'd have a extra spot available on Sunday, but it only took affect for Monday which is really frustrating. Hopefully no one wants to take the risk of him being out right away.

Is Hali a drop with his injury last night? Looked at the least a hyperextension.
ClutchCityAg
Yeah I don't think you can afford to wait until Tues afternoon for an update on Haliburton so I'd feel comfortable moving on
Let it ride
COAg15
AG
Thanks for the advice. As of now, my roster is:
- Curry
- Lillard
- PG13
- Sabonis
- Buddy Hield
- Tobias Harris (sucks as of late)
- Miles Bridges
- Jarret Allen
- Andre Drummond (meh on him)
- Draymond Green
- Richaun Holmes
- Olynyk (surprisingly playing amazing lately on the tank squad)
- Lamelo Ball

What would you do? 2 week final round of playoff matchup
ClutchCityAg
What is ur scoring settings and ur opponent's roster? Ill plug it in the basketball monster machine. Im still paying through the end of the season so might as well put it to use
Let it ride
COAg15
AG
That would be awesome, thank you. It's 8CAT if that answers the question. FG%, FT%, 3PM, REB, AST, STl, BLK, PTS

Also, what does the basketball monster machine tell us? Sorry, I'm a bit new to all of this (fantasy, not basketball lol)

Going up against:
- Ben Simmons
- Joe Ingles (streamer spot i think)
- Jayson Tatum
- Giannis
- Embiid
- Facu Campazzo
- PJ Washington
- Jonas Valanciunas
- Aaron Gordon
- Jakob Poetl
- DeAngelo Russell
- Kyle Lowry
- Chris Paul
- DeAaron Fox
ClutchCityAg
Think of it like FantasyPros where it gives you custom projections and advice based on your league, except with way more accurate projections. Josh Lloyd is the guy who runs it and is known as one of the best analysts in fantasy basketball if not THE best.

So it will tell you your projected outcome and some potential moves to improve said outcome.
Let it ride
ClutchCityAg
ClutchCityAg said:

Think of it like FantasyPros where it gives you custom projections and advice based on your league, except with way more accurate projections. Josh Lloyd is the guy who runs it and is known as one of the best analysts in fantasy basketball if not THE best.

So it will tell you your projected outcome and some potential moves to improve said outcome.
Here is your projected matchup this week. It is projecting you to win 7-1, but several categories are very close in the projections so it could go either way

Let it ride
COAg15
AG
Thanks for this. Here's to hoping this pans out the way it's modeled! Some of my players have been underperforming lately which isn't reassuring.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.