Any Fantasy Hoops Players?

34,290 Views | 792 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ClutchCityAg
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Some of my buddies and I are starting up a fantasy basketball league. I played once a few years ago and am trying to get this league setup. Are there any takes on scoring format, point settings, etc. I think H2H points for sounds the most fun, but I am not sure the best way to do it or if I should be more open to something else.
COAg15
AG
Participated for the first time last year. Did H2H 8 Cat. Never done points before, but it's a popular option. I thought fantasy basketball was dope
Saint Pablo
Just drafted...I had the first overall pick, 10 man, head to head, points league. Curious what anyone who has played before thinks:
1 Luka
2 SGA
3 Jimmy Butler
4 Nurkic
5 Khris Middleton
6 Valanciunis
7 Montrezl Harrell
8 Delon Wright
9 Haliburton
10 Elfrid Payton
11 Eric Bledsoe
12 Bogdan Bogdanovic
13 Marvin Bagley
COAg15
AG
I've played around with mock drafts and it's crazy how switching to Points puts Luka in the top 1-2. 8Cat he's still a first rounder, but you could snag him like 5-8
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Been playing for 20+ years but as I get older my draft strategy becomes - 2 rounds of superstars - then don't draft anyone I've heard of, because it likely means they are old like me and not good anymore.

This year we are playing head to head with ESPN's new points system which looks like a lot of fun. You get points for everything positive on a stat line with different weights - like steals and blocks are worth 4 each, and lose points for missed shots and missed free throws.

Have played only rotisserie before and if your team is bad it can get boring quick. Plus in the 90s/00s if you drafted Shaq it automatically meant you were going to finish last in free throws.

Few years ago my brother had the #1 pick in the online draft and had Kevin Durant locked in. While he was waiting for the draft to start he was looking at guys he thought he might be able to take with the 21st pick when it wrapped back around. Unfortunately he clicked a player just as the draft started and very famously took Al Horford with the #1 overall pick that year.
Saint Pablo
COAg15 said:

I've played around with mock drafts and it's crazy how switching to Points puts Luka in the top 1-2. 8Cat he's still a first rounder, but you could snag him like 5-8
I was tempted to take Giannis...I know he will likely have more points, but having Luka just feels like more fun to me!
ClutchCityAg
Love your top 6 picks here, Nurkic in the 4th is an excellent snag I think he has a big year. Best advice for H2H points leagues is to use the last 2-3 spots on your rosters to stream players all week and get as many games played as possible.
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
ClutchCityAg said:

Love your top 6 picks here, Nurkic in the 4th is an excellent snag I think he has a big year. Best advice for H2H points leagues is to use the last 2-3 spots on your rosters to stream players all week and get as many games played as possible.
Thank you! I am still really new to this and trying to figure out the right way to do things...I have used Reddit some for advice and read the content FantasyPros has out there.

I made a few moves and am curious what you/others would think of them.
  • I traded Eric Bledsoe for Draymond Green. Not sure if it is a great move or not, but based on ADP it seemed really good. I also have more guard depth than PF depth.
  • I also dropped Elfrid Payton and added Derrick White and threw him in an IR slot. I then used that bench slot to grab Darius Bazley who seems to be a consensus breakout pick this year. I liked what he did in the bubble.
  • Finally, I dropped Delon Wright for Wendell Carter Jr. as a Mavs fan, I think Wright is a bum and regretted drafting him...he just fell so far. I feel good to be free of him.

I like your idea for streaming, I looked at my matchup and my opponent had 35 plays to my 31. We are only allowed 5 transactions per week. Who would you drop for a streamer? Bazley, Wendell Carter Jr., Bogdan Bogdanovic, Marvin Bagley III, Tyrese Halliburton?

Also, anyone worth grabbing on waivers? Terry Rozier, Malik Beasley, Norman Powell, Davis Bertans, Daniel Theis, Nerlens Noel are all out there.
ClutchCityAg
Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Thank you! I am still really new to this and trying to figure out the right way to do things...I have used Reddit some for advice and read the content FantasyPros has out there.

• I traded Eric Bledsoe for Draymond Green. Not sure if it is a great move or not, but based on ADP it seemed really good. I also have more guard depth than PF depth.
  • I also dropped Elfrid Payton and added Derrick White and threw him in an IR slot. I then used that bench slot to grab Darius Bazley who seems to be a consensus breakout pick this year. I liked what he did in the bubble.
  • Finally, I dropped Delon Wright for Wendell Carter Jr. as a Mavs fan, I think Wright is a bum and regretted drafting him...he just fell so far. I feel good to be free of him.

I like your idea for streaming, I looked at my matchup and my opponent had 35 plays to my 31. We are only allowed 5 transactions per week. Who would you drop for a streamer? Bazley, Wendell Carter Jr., Bogdan Bogdanovic, Marvin Bagley III, Tyrese Halliburton?

Also, anyone worth grabbing on waivers? Terry Rozier, Malik Beasley, Norman Powell, Davis Bertans, Daniel Theis, Nerlens Noel are all out there.
White, Bazley & Carter Jr. are awesome adds! Surprised they were on waivers. Green for Bledsoe seems like an even trade, I think Bledsoe will play less minutes this year.

I think Bogdan & Halliburton are droppable for streaming. Bagley I'd hold and see how his minutes shake out to start the season.

For streaming, try to find guys that have games on days where only a few teams are playing in order to gain back that games played advantage over your opponent.

When it comes to points league, it all depends on your league's scoring system. Some leagues give bonuses for double doubles and triple doubles, some have turnovers as -1 and some as -2 so it all depends on your league settings.

Here are my favorite resources for fantasy basketball, They've helped me finish Top 3 in every league I have played in the last 4 years:
  • Josh Lloyd - the absolute #1 fantasy basketball analyst out there. Follow him on twitter @redrock_bball, listen to his podcast Locked on Fantasy Basketball, and if you are playing for money then a subscription to his website basketballmonster.com is 100% worth it. He is australian and hilarious and lives and breathes basketball, his projections are insanely accurate and his website lets you import your league and get custom projections based on your league settings and he gives you all sorts of tools like a trade analyzer, schedule optimizer, daily/weekly/ROS projections, and notes on every player for every game. If you only listen to 1 person, make sure it is Josh. Bonus - he is money for fanduel/draftkings as well.
  • Hashtag Basketball - they have a custom projections machine that is free to use, just punch in your scoring settings. This is my favorite place to use for Dynasty/Keeper leagues as well.
  • Dan Bresbis/HoopBall - great analysis of games and who is hot and performing well. Follow him on twitter @DanBresbis.
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

White, Bazley & Carter Jr. are awesome adds! Surprised they were on waivers. Green for Bledsoe seems like an even trade, I think Bledsoe will play less minutes this year.

I think Bogdan & Halliburton are droppable for streaming. Bagley I'd hold and see how his minutes shake out to start the season.

For streaming, try to find guys that have games on days where only a few teams are playing in order to gain back that games played advantage over your opponent.

When it comes to points league, it all depends on your league's scoring system. Some leagues give bonuses for double doubles and triple doubles, some have turnovers as -1 and some as -2 so it all depends on your league settings.

Here are my favorite resources for fantasy basketball, They've helped me finish Top 3 in every league I have played in the last 4 years:
  • Josh Lloyd - the absolute #1 fantasy basketball analyst out there. Follow him on twitter @redrock_bball, listen to his podcast Locked on Fantasy Basketball, and if you are playing for money then a subscription to his website basketballmonster.com is 100% worth it. He is australian and hilarious and lives and breathes basketball, his projections are insanely accurate and his website lets you import your league and get custom projections based on your league settings and he gives you all sorts of tools like a trade analyzer, schedule optimizer, daily/weekly/ROS projections, and notes on every player for every game. If you only listen to 1 person, make sure it is Josh. Bonus - he is money for fanduel/draftkings as well.
  • Hashtag Basketball - they have a custom projections machine that is free to use, just punch in your scoring settings. This is my favorite place to use for Dynasty/Keeper leagues as well.
  • Dan Bresbis/HoopBall - great analysis of games and who is hot and performing well. Follow him on twitter @DanBresbis.

Thank you! I will follow those guys and check out Hashtag Basketball. It looks similar to Fantasy Pros conceptually, but FP is pretty limited for Hoops.

Do you have any streamers you'd recommend for tonight?
ClutchCityAg
Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Thank you! I will follow those guys and check out Hashtag Basketball. It looks similar to Fantasy Pros conceptually, but FP is pretty limited for Hoops.

Do you have any streamers you'd recommend for tonight?

Because I cant resist helping a fellow Ag.. Here is the projections for tonight's games from basketball monster (normally behind a paywall). I am streaming Chriss and Paschall. Projected fantasy points is in the 'Value' column, but this is based off the settings for my points league- yours might be different.

For reference, anyone averaging around 28 or less fantasy points per game is considered a streamer in my league.
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
Thank you! I am gonna give Joe Harris a shot, I heard Bill Simmons and Ryen Russilo talk about him today and figure what the hell! Maybe Kyrie and KD will get him some good looks.
Saint Pablo
Streaming Joe Harris worked out well! Montrezl Harrell popped off for me too!
ClutchCityAg
Chriss worked for me, but man.. Paschall was awful haha.
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
Keep me posted if you have any good streaming ideas! I like the concept and I don't think anyone else in my league is in on the idea. I scooped up Terry Rozier and plan to dump Joe Harris for someone that plays a back to back Sat-Sun after Harris plays Fri
ClutchCityAg
Yeah those last couple guys on your roster and the ones on waivers are all interchangeable, might as well just use all your weekly adds and get as many games played.

I am looking for a Sat/Sun b2b player as well. Rudy Gay is the best available in my league for that, but some lesser owned guys you might look at are the Knicks guys: Burks, Payton, & Barret. Also like Bertans, Bagley, & PJ Washington for the b2b.

I think Rozier will start the season out strong but fade as Lamelo starts getting more minutes.
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
Houston-OKC canceled. Need some streamers to replace Bazley and SGA!
ClutchCityAg
Im replacing Wood with Kyle Anderson tonight.. if this is just day one this season is gonna be a mess.
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
If we can keep harden out of titty bars, it'll be alright. I grabbed miles bridges
Saint Pablo
Who ya lookin at for streamers week 2? I caught an L in my first game, but I still feel okay.
ClutchCityAg
You get 5 adds right? I'd try to get a Mon/Tue B2B player, a then drop for a Wednesday stream, then a thurs/fri b2b, then use your last two adds on the weekend if needed. Could also do the tue/wed B2B instead of today and Tuesday if there's better players available.

I'm looking at DET, DEN, and OKC players for the mon/tues. killian Hayes, delon Wright, Paul milsap, Gary Harris, and george hill the main guys.

Btw if keldon Johnson is available you should add him ASAP
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
ClutchCityAg said:

You get 5 adds right? I'd try to get a Mon/Tue B2B player, a then drop for a Wednesday stream, then a thurs/fri b2b, then use your last two adds on the weekend if needed. Could also do the tue/wed B2B instead of today and Tuesday if there's better players available.

I'm looking at DET, DEN, and OKC players for the mon/tues. killian Hayes, delon Wright, Paul milsap, Gary Harris, and george hill the main guys.

I get seven! Five was just for the short week.

I was looking at ATL players for Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat. I think Mon, Thurs, and Sat are my lighter days. Do you like Delon Wright or DeAndre Hunter more?

I went ahead and scooped him up! Looks like he had a good couple games. What is the word on him?
ClutchCityAg
Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

I get seven! Five was just for the short week.

I was looking at ATL players for Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat. I think Mon, Thurs, and Sat are my lighter days. Do you like Delon Wright or DeAndre Hunter more?

I went ahead and scooped him up! Looks like he had a good couple games. What is the word on him?
Probably Delon for now, Hunter has been good though, I picked him up in my deeper league- he just has a lot more competition for minutes, where as Delon is on a bad team with no competition for minutes.

Well Pop normally doesn't play rookies but Keldon has been getting 30 minutes a night already so he must really like him. Looks like he is gonna be starting now, and Aldridge has been awful to start out so theres lots of shot attempts to be had.
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
Thank you! I really appreciate your insight and help.
Saint Pablo
Another question, I saw Kelly Oubre as a buy low target after his poor start. I reached out to his owner and he said he'd swap him for Montrezl Harrell. Would that make sense? Is there anyone else on my roster that would be a better offer, but still reasonable?
ClutchCityAg
Trez for Oubre would be fair, depends on your league settings. Maybe try a 2 for 1 where you offer Rozier and a streamer?
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
ClutchCityAg said:

Trez for Oubre would be fair, depends on your league settings. Maybe try a 2 for 1 where you offer Rozier and a streamer?
Would Rozier be a better sell for me??
ClutchCityAg
Think so yeah, LaMelo will start eating into his minutes eventually. Oubre could be top 50 if he gets his s*** together
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
ClutchCityAg said:

Think so yeah, LaMelo will start eating into his minutes eventually. Oubre could be top 50 if he gets his s*** together
Hmm I proposed Rozier and Deandre Hunter. Curious to see what he says. He sent the Harrell offer in app so that is there if I want it. I am curious if Gasol cuts into Harrell's minutes more.
Saint Pablo
What would you do w Draymond Green? I am sick of him getting no points...the DTD stretch all week probably cost me my matchup.
ClutchCityAg
Saint Pablo said:

What would you do w Draymond Green? I am sick of him getting no points...the DTD stretch all week probably cost me my matchup.
Yeah im annoyed too, espn finally gave him an O so I can move to IR. I think he is supposed to be back sometime this week
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
Do any Nets players see a boost w Kyrie and KD sitting?

He took the Rozier-Oubre deal.
ClutchCityAg
Yup, LeVert is the man for DFS tonight. Nice!! I hope Oubre starts getting back to big points
Let it ride
Saint Pablo
ClutchCityAg said:

Yup, LeVert is the man for DFS tonight. Nice!! I hope Oubre starts getting back to big points
I also just saw someone dropped TJ Warren. I am eighth on waivers, but is he worth a claim?
ClutchCityAg
Saint Pablo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

I also just saw someone dropped TJ Warren. I am eighth on waivers, but is he worth a claim?
Yeah definitely, he should be top 80.
Let it ride

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.