Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

***2022 College Football Betting Thread***

95,745 Views | 1583 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
texasaggie2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Let's go! Love it.

I added analysis for Southern Miss +13 as well.
Know Your Enemy
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Whoa... that's a huge drop. Not sure why. I'll look into it.
Anything?
texasaggie2015
AG
Nathaniel Dell left the last game injured. Don't think it would make that big of an impact. He may play. I just think the oddsmakers don't expect Rice to score.
texasaggie2015
AG
I'm adding Kansas State +13. Don't see it moving to +13.5. I'll add some analysis later.

It's the weekend of underdogsā€¦ don't let it scare you. That's where the money is on Saturday.
GarryowenAg
AG
GarryowenAg said:

I'm taking CCU bigly @ -2.5 against GA St. I don't see Ga St doing much against Carolina, and I'm thinking this spread will increase. Thoughts?
CCU played lights out tonight.
texasaggie2015
AG
Yes they did. They looked a hell of a lot better this week.
texasaggie2015
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I'm adding Kansas State +13. Don't see it moving to +13.5. I'll add some analysis later.

It's the weekend of underdogsā€¦ don't let it scare you. That's where the money is on Saturday.
Looks like Kansas State has moved to +12.5 in several books. I would recommend waiting to see if you can get it at +13 if you want to play it. Luckily I made a move at the right time.

Kansas State runs the football very well and OU struggles to get push up front sometimes. I think they'll be able to move the chains and keep the OU offense off the field. The Wildcats have the best defense OU has played up to this point as well... in fact, this entire Sooner team hasn't been tested.

The loss last week to Tulane was a look-ahead and I expect Kansas State to give the Sooners their best tomorrow night.
texasaggie2015
AG
Finally.. a couple favorites that I like this week.

I'm taking App State -7 at home against James Madison. I understand why this line is so short. Lots of physical, emotional games so far for App State and this is a spot that screams "trap" for most teams.

I just think App State will come out ready to play after a close call against Troy last week... that was their letdown spot and they survived.

From an Xs and Os standpoint, App State has a HUGE size advantage in the trenches on both sides of the ball. JMU is one of the worst teams in the country in pass blocking and App State is one of the best in pass rush. JMU will be highly motivated and this could be a close game through three quarters, but App State will eventually wear down the Dukes and win by double digits.

Also adding Old Dominion -5 against a bad Arkansas State team. A very, very bad Arkansas State team. This spread should be closer to 10.
GarryowenAg
AG
I'm digging App State this weekend as well.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I just added App State. You two better be right.
texasaggie2015
AG
Let's go fellas.

All my picks right here:

Central Michigan +28 at Penn State
Appalachian State -7 vs James Madison
Houston/Rice over 56.5
Old Dominion -5 vs Arkansas State
Southern Miss +13 at Tulane
Arkansas/Texas A&M under 48.5
Kansas State +13 at Oklahoma
Boston College +17.5 at Florida State
Eastern Michigan -6 vs Buffalo
Oregon at Washington State under 57.5
Know Your Enemy
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Let's go fellas.

All my picks right here:

Appalachian State -7 vs James Madison
Houston/Rice over 56.5
Arkansas/Texas A&M under 48.5
Boston College +17.5 at Florida State

These are the ones I bet. Hoping you have a perfect weekend.
texasaggie2015
AG
Good luck brother. There's a couple more I'm still studying. Could be late adds like the Vandy pick last week which ended up hitting.
Know Your Enemy
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Good luck brother. There's a couple more I'm still studying. Could be late adds like the Vandy pick last week which ended up hitting.

This will be my 5th week betting this season. I'm positive 3 of the 4 previous weekends and overall. Now I'm not betting much but it's nice to win.
texasaggie2015
AG
Adding Eastern Michigan -6 vs Buffalo. Huge matchup advantage for the Eagles against an awful Buffalo defense. They should pull away and win by 10-14.

Also adding Oregon/Washington State under 57.5. This total has gone up slightly, and I think that's because the public remembers a more explosive Oregon offense and a Mike Leach Wazzu offense from years ago. That's not the case anymore. Oregon QB struggles on the road and Washington State's defense should keep him in check. I also haven't seen anything from the Cougars to lead me to believe they'll score a lot of points here. 31-24 will cash the ticket and even that seems high.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Added over 65.5 in the Michigan/Maryland game.
mike_ags_fan12
BAYLOR +2.5 @ IOWA STATE
BAYLOR +120
SOUTH CAROLINA -23.5 vs CHARLOTTE
TENNESSEE -10.5 vs FLORIDA
NAVY/EAST CAROLINA U48.5
IOWA/RUTGERS O34
DUKE +7 @ KANSAS
USC -5.5 @ OREGON STATE
OREGON/WAZZU O57.5

Lets have a day, Yall!
Know Your Enemy
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Maryland fumbles the opening kickoff and Michigan recovers at the 10. First play TD.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Know Your Enemy said:

Maryland fumbles the opening kickoff and Michigan recovers at the 10. First play TD.

Well I jinxed myself on this Michigan-Maryland over bet.
texasaggie2015
AG
Likely starting the day 1-1 with a CMU cover and EMU loss
AggieJames09
AG
Clemson just had to complete that 2 point conversion! 1-1 to start
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
How do Rice and Houston still have no points on the board almost 1Q through

Of course the week I start betting
Know Your Enemy
AG
Ghost of Bisbee said:

How do Rice and Houston still have no points on the board almost 1Q through

Of course the week I start betting

FML

App State giving up 22 unanswered points is killing me.
texasaggie2015
AG
Absolutely brutal. Just unbelievable.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Nice cover on the over for Rice/Houston

BC needs to get their **** together
Know Your Enemy
AG
Ghost of Bisbee said:

Nice cover on the over for Rice/Houston

BC needs to get their **** together

Thanks for the good news. I stopped checking the score earlier since there wasn't much of it happening. My first win of the day.
AggieJames09
AG
Looks like 6-4 on the day plus the three teams i have on Win/loss total of season went in my favor.
Know Your Enemy
AG
With Boston College ****ting the bed against Florida State I reaaaaaally needed this Aggie under. Praise Jeebus for that last piggie doink.
texasaggie2015
AG
Somehow ended up with a 5-5 day. App State was brutal. Two weeks in a row of just about breaking even after a red hot week two. Time to finally get it going again next week.

These weeks happen. Sometimes you start cold and break even and you gotta call it a win.
aggieeducator
AG
Not complaining, just reporting back.

Tailed 4 of your picks:
W - HOU/Rice O
L- App State spread
L- ODU spread
L- BC spread

Picks outside of yours 3-1
W- 5 team ML parlay
W- 2 team ML parlay (USC and Utah)
W- Clemson ML
L- 2 team ML parlay (Oklahoma and FSU)

texasaggie2015
AG
That App State one was such a brutal beat. They were up 28-3 and lost the game. Unreal.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
2-1 for me.

I ended up getting less than I actually should have though at the end of the day.

I accidentally clicked a "cash out" on bovada before the Florida state game and set the bet back up.
No confirmation screen for the cash out prompt, they really need to fix that so idiots like me can't mess that up
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Took a quick look forward to next weekend, 2 I'm watchingā€¦

Washington at UCLA, -3 Washington:
Washington took care of Michigan State and Stanford easily. UCLA is their first road game of the year though. UCLA has only played cupcakes to date but has managed them well. UCLA attendance has been piss poor this year too. I don't think Friday night lights is a large enough reason to get the Angelinos out to the rose bowl in large numbers. Bovada has this line for the Washington spread pick at even, no commission right now. I might buy a half point and go heavy on this one.

A&M & Miss State has the over/under at 46. I'm thinking under again. Miss state only scored 16 against LSU, although that was away. A&m's defense consistent as we all know. I don't see our offense putting up big numbers in Starkville.
texasaggie2015
AG
Hoping to have a big time week this week after breaking even two weeks in a row. I was on fire to start the year, so let's get back on track. I'll post my picks as I make them. I already see several lines that intrigue me.
texasaggie2015
AG
First plays of the week...

UTSA -4 at Middle Tennessee State: This line opened at UTSA -6 and quickly got bet down to -4. I think this is a massive overreaction to MTSU's stunning win over Miami last week. I'm still scratching my head over that one. The bottom line is that UTSA is at least a touchdown better and I think we're getting great value only laying four points. This is a classic letdown spot for the Blue Raiders and I think the Roadrunners will be a little extra motivated after seeing what MTSU did to Miami. Lay the points and trust the better team to take care of business on the road.

ULL +9 vs South Alabama: I think this is another overreaction spot. My projections have this around South Alabama -2 so we're getting a ton of value here. ULL is coming off two bad losses on the road against Rice and ULM but expect them to bounce back and give a solid effort at home here. South Alabama has looked good so far this year and I do think they're the better team... but their strengths (throwing the ball) play right into ULL's strength (defending the pass). The Jags should win this game, but I fully expect the Cajuns to keep it within single digits. Take ULL and the points.

Washington State/Cal under 53.5: Both of these teams are solid defensively (yes, last week's results say otherwise, but I firmly believe these were outliers) and I simply don't see the total going over in this one. The Golden Bear offense lacks playmakers and is extremely conservative and almost painful to watch. The Coogs lead the country in TFL and are in the top 5 in sacks. On the other side, Cal is led by defensive mastermind Justin Wilcox who should be able to formulate a game plan to contain Washington State QB Cam Ward. These teams combined for 27 points last year (21-6 WSU win). The under is the play.

Kentucky +7 at Ole Miss: Please note that I'm buying a half point here. I'm confident with the +6.5 but I'm willing to take a little extra juice to get to 7. This should be a fantastic football game and I don't see either side winning by more than one possession. Kentucky has moved the ball well through the air and I'm not sold on this Ole Miss defense.. they've looked good, but against bad competition. Take the Wildcats and the points.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.