Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

***2022 College Football Betting Thread***

94,850 Views | 1583 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by texasaggie2015
texasaggie2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If I missed a thread that had already been started, I apologize. I wanted to start a thread that will stay active throughout the year where people can post and discuss their bets each week. Here's what I got...

2022 win totals:

Houston over 9
Ole Miss over 8
Georgia Tech under 3.5
Utah over 9.5
Tennessee over 8
Colorado under 3

Week one bets:

Lousiana Tech +20 at Mizzou
Maryland -21 vs. Buffalo (this has moved since I bet it a few weeks ago)
San Diego State -6 vs Arizona
Nevada PK vs Texas State
Boise State +3 at Oregon State
Illinois +3 at Indiana

Edit: Adding a few for this weekend...

UNC at App State over 55.5
BYU -12 at South Florida
NCST at ECU over 51.5
NMSU at Minnesota under 53.5
Bryant +10.5 at FIU

I'm also keeping a very close eye on these games:

South Dakota State at Iowa
UC Davis at Cal
Richmond at Virginia

We should get lines on those games today or tomorrow. At least one of those FCS teams will come away with a win and all three will be close.

Whatcha got?
texAZtea
AG
I put 50 bucks on the Ags to win it all back when they were at +1600.

If we win I'll probably blow it all at The Republic.
StinkyPinky
AG
I put $100 down on Ags winning the SEC Championship (-1600)
joefix93
AG
I logged on yesterday and saw that Achane was +6000 to win the Heisman.
Moe Jzyslak
AG
You got hosed big time if it's -1600
StinkyPinky
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

2022 win totals:

Ole Miss over 8 I can see where they could fall short

Tennessee over 8 Interesting, not sure how I feel but the money line isn't favorable enough to go out on the limb

Week one bets:

Lousiana Tech +20 at Mizzou I like this
Maryland -21 vs. Buffalo (this has moved since I bet it a few weeks ago) Your timing was good
Boise State +3 at Oregon State Yes!

My thoughts on your
StinkyPinky
AG
ScapeGOAT said:

You got hosed big time if it's -1600
haha, yes I would have. Typo +1600
texasaggie2015
AG
Quote:

Ole Miss over 8 I can see where they could fall short
IMO 7 wins would be a huge disappointment. They should start 5-1 (maybe even 6-0). If it was 8.5 I probably would have stayed away, but I jumped on it since 8-4 is no harm.
Ags77
AG
Week one I gave the big number and took OU. I also took Arkansas over Cinncy.
Gigem
Maximus Johnson
AG
I have Ohio State ML, South Carolina ML, Georgia ML, Arkansas -6, Houston - 2 1/2, LSU -2 1/2 in a parlay at +570.

Thoughts?
aggiejim70
AG
Shallowminded14 said:

I have Ohio State ML, South Carolina ML, Georgia ML, Arkansas -6, Houston - 2 1/2, LSU -2 1/2 in a parlay at +570.

Thoughts?
I have a wonderful response for you from an Old Ag, class of '56 that's concise and on point. Unfortunately, it would probably get me a two-year ban.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Panama Red
AG
Shallowminded14 said:

Thoughts?
Take FSU +134. That way you at least get something when your parlay goes 5-1.
ChooChooTrey
AG
This is what I have:

Win Totals

A&M OVER 8.5
OU OVER 8.5
Oregon OVER 8.5
Minnesota OVER 7.5
Wisc UNDER 8.5

Week 1:

PITT -7.5 vs WV
PITT/WV OVER 51
RUTGERS +7 at BC
ARK -6 vs Cinn
UTAH -3 at UF
KENT ST +22.5 at UW
UNC -1.5 at App St
AggieJames09
AG
LSU over 6.5
Baylor over 7.5
TU under 8.5

Week 1
UL Monroe +38 vs TU
aggiejim70
AG
For those of you old enough to remember Andy Capp in the funny papers.........

Andy's coming out of the Licensed Betting Office, cussing to himself.
Flo says to her girlfriend, "He's upset because he lost, or he didn't put enough on a winner".

That's me on football betting.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
StinkyPinky
AG
aggiejim70 said:

For those of you old enough to remember Andy Capp in the funny papers.........

Andy's coming out of the Licensed Betting Office, cussing to himself.
Flo says to her girlfriend, "He's upset because he lost, or he didn't put enough on a winner".

That's me on football betting.

Andy Capp, blast from the past
aggieeducator
AG
Not a bettor but would like…

Sips win total U 8.5

Week 1
Ball state +35 to cover against Tenn
Va Tech -7 to cover against ODU
UNC -2 to cover against App St.
Cincy +6 to cover against pig
SDSU -6 to cover against Arizona
MIss St -14 to cover against Memphis
texasaggie2015
AG
Quote:

Ball state +35 to cover against Tenn
This one is definitely a lean for me. Ball State is good enough on offense (assuming they find a QB.. they have good skill players) to stay within the number. 48-21 seems right.
winorgetadog
AG
What site do y'all use to place bets on?
BMX Bandit
winorgetadog said:

obvious cop is obvious.
RoadkillBBQ
winorgetadog said:

FanDuel or Draftkings if you are in a state that allows it.
texasaggie2015
AG
winorgetadog said:

Bovada would be my recommendation.
StinkyPinky
AG
winorgetadog said:

Nice try Columbo
texasaggie2015
AG
Adding a couple for this weekend...

UNC at App State over 55.5
BYU -12 at South Florida
NCST at ECU over 51.5
NMSU vs Minnesota under 53.5
Bryant +10.5 at FIU

I'm also keeping a very close eye on these games:

South Dakota State at Iowa
UC Davis at Cal
Richmond at Virginia

At least one of those FCS teams will win this weekend. All three of those games should be close.
TJH_16
AG
Georgia State at South Carolina -12.5
aggieeducator
AG
Looks like you had a mixed bag but came out on top overall? Thanks for sharing your picks, especially your late ones. Hope you keep the thread alive this season.
texasaggie2015
AG
Yep, ended up on top at the end of the day. Can't complain. Week two picks coming soon. I plan to include my reasoning for each pick as well.
texasaggie2015
AG
Here we go. Week two picks. I'll add to this post as I find more plays.

Duke at Northwestern under 58.5: This total just keeps moving up and it's reached the point where I have to play it. I have no idea why it's so high. Duke is a bad football team but we're all familiar with Mike Elko and I have no doubt he'll come up with a game plan to limit a Northwestern offense that doesn't scare me in the first place. Wildcats held Nebraska to a respectable 28 points in a win in their opener... and this Duke offense is much worse. I expect a 31-17 type game. The under should hit.

South Alabama at Central Michigan -4.5: I don't blame you one bit if you cringe as you place this bet but you should be confident. This is a pretty good Chippewas team led by Jim McElwain and they just put up 44 points against Oklahoma State in Stillwater. The bad news is they gave up 50+... but the good news is South Alabama doesn't have near the weapons the Cowboys do. This is a tough road trip for a Jags team that flat out sucks on the road... they're 4-25 as the road team since 2017. The Chippewas are rested and the better team. Lay the points.

Washington State +17.5 at #19 Wisconsin: I'm well aware that Washington State wasn't impressive last week against Idaho, but I'm a firm believer in transfer QB Cam Ward and think he's going to be one of the most electric players in the country as the year goes on. That being said, the Wisconsin defense won't make it easy for him and the Cougars... but I do think Ward will make enough plays to keep this within the number. The Badgers only blowout teams that can't throw, and Cam Ward can throw the football. The Badger offense will also dominate time of possession and pound the football which will give them less time to ultimately pull away. 17.5 points is too much. Take the Coogs and the points.

Maryland -27 at Charlotte: Look, I hate taking four touchdown favorites on the road... so if I'm doing it, it's with good reason. Charlotte just might be the worst FBS team in college football. The offense is rough (they're down to their third string QB) and the defense is even worse (they've given up 40+ to both William and Mary and FAU). Maryland looked rusty in week one against Buffalo but I expect things to gel this weekend. They have a tendency of putting up big numbers in non conference play. Taulia Tagovailoa and the Terps will score 50+ in this one and should cover the large spread.

Houston +4.5 at Texas Tech: It's certainly not an easy spot for the Coogs having to travel to Lubbock, but I do believe they're the better team so I'll gladly take the points here. Normally I'll avoid betting on a team when I already have big money on their season win total, but I'm making an exception in this one. Houston had a tough time with a pesky UTSA team last week, but expect a much better performance this week. They should keep this close and cover the spread. I also wouldn't be opposed to taking the money line here.

Northern Illinois +6.5 at Tulsa: This line popped out to me immediately. I don't think the Golden Hurricanes are a full touchdown better than NIU even at home. I think this spread should be closer to 2.5 in favor of Tulsa, so I'll gladly take the Huskies to cover 6.5. Look, Tulsa just isn't very good and NIU is a legit MAC contender. The Huskies showed signs of rust against Eastern Illinois last week, but they'll be ready to play and this should be a close game from start to finish.

Kentucky +5.5 at Florida: Week two can be very profitable if you're able to find spots where there may be an overreaction from week one. I think that might be the case here as Florida comes off a great win against Utah. I'll give Florida credit, it was a fantastic win... but if it wasn't for that win, I think this game would be close to a pick em. I need to see more from the Gators before I buy in and this is a classic let down spot against a solid conference opponent. Kentucky didn't blow anyone away last week but they were likely looking ahead to this matchup. This should be a close game and I expect the Cats to keep it within the number at The Swamp.

Oregon State at Fresno State PK: I'll be transparent. I do worry that Fresno State might be looking ahead to their matchup with USC next week. That being said, when you can take the better team at home as a pick em, you gotta pull the trigger. Oregon State is coming off a nice win against Boise State, but that had more to do with the Broncos crapping their pants than anything else. I believe they turned the ball over four times in the first half. Give the Beavers credit for taking advantage, but I don't want to overreact to the result. Fresno State is the better team and I expect senior QB Jake Haener to lead his team to a nice home win in this spot.

Mississippi State -10.5 at Arizona: Mike Leach and #Pac12AfterDark in the same game? Inject that into my veins. I had Arizona as one of the worst P5 teams in college football heading into the year and that hasn't changed even after last week's win over San Diego State. The Aztecs played horribly and I'm far from sold on the Wildcats. Mississippi State has the much better team and I expect Will Rogers to have his way with the Wildcat defense and quiet the crowd early... if there's even a crowd to begin with. The Dogs will roll here and cover the spread with ease.

Eastern Michigan +11.5 at Louisiana Lafayette: I think this should be closer to Eastern Michigan +7.5 and think the line is inflated a bit due to the Cajuns recent success. Billy Napier is gone. QB Levi Lewis graduated. Lots of other starters on both sides have moved on. This is not the same ULL team and I expect them to take a big step back this year. Eastern Michigan has a pretty potent passing attack and will be able to score the ball against ULL defense. The Eagles leave a lot to be desired defensively, but ULL doesn't quite have the weapons on offense to pull away. ULL should win this game, but EMU has enough to keep it within the number. Look for a 6-10 point Cajuns victory and an Eagles cover.

I'll add more plays if I find anything else I like between now and Saturday. If you disagree or have anything to add to any of these plays, please chime in and discuss. Would love to give feedback on your plays as well.
texasaggie2015
AG
Adding Eastern Michigan +11.5 at ULL
Callate Donnie
Two leg parlay for me: Miss. State -10 (v AZ); Oregon State -1 (v. Fresno State).
texasaggie2015
AG
Good luck. I'm on Fresno, but like I said in my post, there's definitely a chance they might be looking ahead to the USC game.
amg405
AG
Georgia State +7.5 vs. North Carolina
UTSA -2.5 at Army
Kansas State -7.5 vs. Missouri
Tennessee -6 at Pitt
Tennessee/Pitt over 67
Illinois -4 vs. Virginia
West Virginia-13.5 vs. Kansas
Florida -6 vs. Kentucky
Hawaii +51.5 at Michigan
ML Parlay: Penn State/Notre Dame/Air Force/Texas A&M/West Virginia/Oklahoma/Auburn

Season: 5-7-1

Rough week 0 put me at an early deficit but excited about this week's card.
texasaggie2015
AG
Quote:

UTSA -2.5 at Army
Haha... Army is my nemesis. I'm probably 0-14 in my lifetime betting on them or against them. They've been blacklisted.
amg405
AG
I think UTSA is scrappy enough to get it done… very well coached. Hopefully they can just out to an early lead.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Baylor +3 @ BYU
Oklahoma State -11.5 vs ASU
ISU @ Iowa Under 40 total
Colorado +18 @ AFA

I probably feel the most confident in those from bottom to top, but last week went unbelievably bad for me so don't copy these.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.