Houston
Sponsored by

Rant about lesbian neighbors, pretend handicapped parking, and how to pwned them!

65,405 Views | 704 Replies | Last: 15 yr ago by KurtK85
Ryan the Temp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Handicapped parking is for parking.
And ADA requirements specify that handicapped spaces must be available for handicapped persons at all times, not just part time.
quote:
If not one single car has used the designated handicapped parking area
You never leave your house and watch the front of their house 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?
quote:
then obviously there was not a need for that huge section of public street to be off limits for others in the neighborhood.
30 feet of an entire city block is not a significant area, and they have a legally justified need for a handicapped parking zone.
quote:
It doesn't take a genious to see that these women just didn't want anyone to park in front of their house.
Again, they have a legally justified need.
quote:
If you don't see the fraud and misuse I don't know how else to explain it to you.
What I have seen is two residents who exercised the legal rights within the confines of existing laws and policies.

quote:
I really don't hate lesbians or any specific group. I do think these particular women are mean as hell and for that reason added some color to the post.
Okay, keep telling yourself that.

I think your real complaint should be with Paulie's restaurant. That restaurant is the primary cause of traffic and parking congestion on Driscoll between Westheimer and Fairview, because its parking lot is grossly inadequate.
Flaith
AG
quote:
I'm back. During lunch I went home to take photos of the back of said signs. I was nervous as hell that these lunchbox lesbians would jump my junk and slice off my huevos for their manhater soup. Luckily there was no testicular separation...unfortunately there were official looking stickers on the back of both signs.

I still call BS. On their application they probably wrote that they needed the street in front of their house to be designated handicapped parking so all of the gimped-up lesbians in the neighborhood could come over and eat cheese dip before the Comets games. Since the signs were erected not one single car has parked there - handicap sticker or otherwise.

i just snorted at work.
tiny94
I never eat at paulie's anymore because i can never find parking. BALLS!
pvsherwood03
quote:
Who on here actually would not care?

when i lived in the heights, this type of stuff was a regular occurrence. when you live ITL, expect people to park wherever they can on your street.
Old Main
AG
Ryan,

I can guarantee you that since that sign was put up not one single car has parked there. Obviously I don't monitor the street there 24 hours a day, but when there is not a car there at night when I go to bed, in the morning when I go to work, in the afternoon when I come home for lunch, or anytime on the weekends then there was not a need for handicapped parking there. No one else is going to park there because they fear getting a ticket or towed away. Drive by anytime day or night and you will not see a car there. Sometimes parking on the street is so tight I have to park across Fairview and walk back to my apartment looking at the empty "handicapped" space. If the letter of the law wasn't broken then the spirit of the law was. I'm sure the handicapped sign wasn't approved just so these ladies could keep neighbors from parking in front of their house.
Diggity
AG
quote:
when i lived in the heights, this type of stuff was a regular occurrence. when you live ITL, expect people to park wherever they can on your street.

no kidding. it's pretty bad in midtown as well.
Guitarsoup
AG
There is a fire hydrant in my neighbor's front yard. There is a car parked in front of it 99% of the time on the weekend.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Sometimes parking on the street is so tight I have to park across Fairview and walk back to my apartment looking at the empty "handicapped" space. If the letter of the law wasn't broken then the spirit of the law was.
Like I said - your dispute should be with Paulie's restaurant.

I tell you what - since you are obviously so passionate about this issue, I recommend you take up the issue with Traffic & Transportation and relate the problem not to the handicapped signs, but rather the congestion caused by Paulie's. Specifically, you should seek approval of permit parking only for the residents on the street.

The City does approve permit only parking in areas where on-street parking caused by local businesses interferes with the neighborhood. An excellent example is the neighborhood over by Numbers and the other bars. You will see lots and lots of permit parking over that way.
98Ag99Grad
AG
This has to be one the most informative/entertaining threads ever on the H-tine board.
Guitarsoup
AG
It is important to note that this is being done by LESBIANS!
Old Main
AG
I haven't seen customers for Paulie's park their cars this far north on the block. My grudge really is with these ladies. Why don't you ask the guy that appoved the sign if he intended for cars to never park there so these ladies wouldn't have any vehicles in front of their house? I would assume he thought handicapped people would be parking their cars there from time to time. I think these ladies are laughing their ass off at the city for approving this crap.
Ryan the Temp
AG
DO THIS.

End of thread.
Old Main
AG
This thread will never die!
aggivedave16
quote:
What I have seen is two residents who exercised the legal rights within the confines of existing laws and policies.

Dude. Just b/c they exercised their legal rights doesn't make it morally right. Maybe working for the government has warped your perception on things.
ATM9000
AG
Do you think they also have salsa and guacamole with their pre-Comet game Cheese Dip?
Ryan the Temp
AG
I'm willing to bet you could get a permit parking petition done real fast, considering how much residents on that block hate Paulie's.

Trust me, I know. You know that tow away zone that runs on the west side of Driscoll from Westheimer to 50 feet north of the corner? I got that done in response to neighborhood complaints about on-street parking. I think you would easily have enough support for permits.

As for Paulie's customers parking that far north, I've seen them as far as the 2200 block of Driscoll on the other side of Fairview. If you need someone to talk to Wanda Adams to get her support, I'd be glad to help you out.
badgerxn
Anyone who drives a 'vette should have the cajones to take matters in their own hands when dealing with lesbian parking issues.

Please videotape and post accordingly.
Old Main
AG
I don't get the cheese dip thing. I was just trying to imagine what these gimped-up lesbians would be eating before the Comets game. Does cheese dip have a lesbian/sexual connotation?

I would like to talk to Wanda about these out of control lesbians? Do you think she would sympathise with me or the "don't park in front of my house" lesbos?

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 7/21/2008 5:05p).]
Doug Christie
phil gramm was right.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Just b/c they exercised their legal rights doesn't make it morally right. Maybe working for the government has warped your perception on things.
I never said they weren't taking advantage of the law. Maybe they are. People use loopholes all the time. I'm just saying they have not done anything wrong as far as the City is concerned. If they have committed fraud, there are avenues for dealing with that, which I have mentioned multiple times on this thread.

The City does not control ADA or State laws.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Old Main -

I will be happy to help you navigate the various processes and regulations that will help you explore avenues of resolving your parking issues that will benefit not only you, but your fellow residents as well.
Old Main
AG
Thanks Ryan.

Would I be breaking the law (according to the Houston version of it) if I took those fraudulent signs and shoved them through the front windows of the lesbians' house?

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 7/21/2008 5:08p).]
ATM9000
AG
If you did that, then you could peak your head in and confirm whether they just eat cheese dip or if they also enjoy salsa, guac, or maybe even green sauce.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Do what you feel you need to do. If you find it necessary to vandalize or damage their property or items associated with their property, then that is your decision to make. Just be prepared to deal with the consequences of your decision.
Old Main
AG
I'll check on the condiments being enjoyed at the pregame Comets parties.
zap
AG
Westicles
AG
quote:
Does cheese dip mean something other than cheese dip?

When we're referring to lesbos, yes, yes it does mean something else entirely. I'm not quite sure how yet, but it does.
Ags #1
AG
classic!!!!
slurpee
i'm sure someone's pointed this out by now, but how do they get into their house without a ****ing ramp? all i see are stairs.

Ryan the Temp
AG
Not all handicapped persons require use of a wheelchair.
cjg89
AG
quote:
I think these ladies are laughing their ass off at the city for approving this crap.

nah, they are laughing at neighbors for not haveing adequate parking for new urban development.

tamug90
madscubafool
AG
Do the traffic courts there require both a Handicap Sign, and symbol of access painted on the ground? I know the court in College Station does, if both the sign and symbol isn't painted on the ground the ticket would get dismissed. It may be a CS court thing though.
dreyOO
this **** is hilarious
flipper
This thread is freaking ridiculous.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.