Houston
Sponsored by

Rant about lesbian neighbors, pretend handicapped parking, and how to pwned them!

65,408 Views | 704 Replies | Last: 15 yr ago by KurtK85
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ryan the Temp
AG
Still waiting on that email. The Traffic division anxiously awaits.
Jaydoug
AG
Send him the email already! This is getting as bad as that
LOST tv show....
ChipFTAC01
AG
My bet is that Old Main is a just a whiny, lazy ****** and all he'll do is complain but never actually do anything about it. RTT has laid out the carpet and been super-accommodating to him (despite his constant slurs) and yet here we are a year later and he's done jack **** about resolving this injustice that he wants to whine about.
Kenneth_2003
AG
He know's he owes RTT the BBQ he won yesterday. He won't do anything until that gift certificate gets to his place and he's already used it.
Old Main
AG
Some of you people don't know me or you wouldn't make those comments. Unfortunately I was in defensive driving hell all day. The email is forthcoming...

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 4/25/2009 9:21p).]
KW02
AG
Keep us posted. The masses want to know.
Old Main
AG
Following is the content of the letter I emailed to RTT:

Thanks for offering to forward this email to Jeff and Richard. Obviously this issue has been bothering me for some time now.

As you are aware my neighbors across the street had two handicapped parking signs erected in the summer of 2008. If this space (big enough for two compact cars in my opinion - see attached photo) was being used for handicapped parking I wouldn't even be writing this letter. I can tell you that since these signs went up about a year ago not one single car has ever parked there - handicapped tag or no tag - not one. Obviously there was not a need for handicapped parking along this curb if no car has ever parked there. I guess the residents at 2410 Driscoll thought they would just outsmart the City and have handicapped parking signs put up to prevent anyone from parking in front of their house. While I can understand that these residents don't want people parking in front of their house we all know that this is not the purpose of handicapped parking signs.

I don't have to tell you how tight parking already is along Driscoll between Westheimer and Fairview. Not only does Paulie's Restaurant eliminate scarce curbside parking spaces during peak hours, but the building of these huge townhomes with multiple driveways has further negated curbside parking opportunities on this block. More than half the time I end up parking my car on another block. Why should I have to do this when there are two perfectly good parking spaces directly across the street from my apartment that are never used?

While I think these signs were fraudulently obtained and the intent was in bad faith I do realize that the City of Houston has to consider many issues before these signs are removed. All I ask is that this issue is given some thought in light of the already tight parking on this block.

Respectfully,

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 4/25/2009 8:42p).]
KurtK85
AG
Hope you get a response soon!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.