Houston
Sponsored by

Rant about lesbian neighbors, pretend handicapped parking, and how to pwned them!

65,409 Views | 704 Replies | Last: 15 yr ago by KurtK85
Bobby Hebert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
donut bumpers' house

quality.

just wanted to get in on this thread.
tony
AG
well, things are not off to a good start with the open records request. Here is the first response I got.

quote:
This e-mail is to acknowledge that the City of Houston 's Public Works and Engineering Department received your open records request. Your request has been assigned to the appropriate Custodian of Records for a search of documents to begin and may be forwarded to the Legal Dept. for review. You'll receive a communication (from me or Custodian of Records) within 10 business days to inform you if responsive documents are present or to inform you that additional time is required to search for the documents. If responsive documents are present, you'll have an opportunity to inspect (typically no cost to inspect) or purchase documents after receiving a cost estimate. If you choose to inspect documents, then arrangements can be made to meet. If you choose to purchase documents, then payment must be made to the City of Houston by check or money order (no cash please). Once payment is received, then documents will be mailed (unfortunately, documents can't be faxed or e-mailed). Thank you.

The part about not being able to send it in an electronic format is wrong, in fact, the code states that they have to produce it in the requested media if

quote:
If public information exists in an electronic or magnetic medium, the requestor may request a copy either on paper or in an electronic medium, such as on diskette or on magnetic tape. A governmental body shall provide a copy in the requested medium if:
(1)  the governmental body has the technological ability to produce a copy of the requested information in the requested medium;
(2)  the governmental body is not required to purchase any software or hardware to accommodate the request;

so I guess either

A. the city of houston doesn't own a single scanner

or

b. they haven't met the requirements for government employee training on the open records act

or

c. this guy is just yanking my chain.

I'll write back tomorrow when I get back to my office and have more resources.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Request copies of the documents on CD. It will probably cost $1. Tell Roberto that you will authorize him to send me a copy of the estimate and release the documents to me as your agent. I will pay the dollar, pick the disk up and email the documents to whoever needs them.
tony
AG
You are a credit to all public employees. I've been one long enough to know that we have a bad reputation.
Ryan the Temp
AG
You'll owe me a drink next time I'm in Afghanistan.

Oh, wait ...
Old Main
AG
I know I'm a little bit biased here, but it seems so blatantly obvious to me that these lunchbox lesbians never had any intention of parking between those fraudulent handicapped parking signs. Can't we just throw them in jail or something?
Ryan the Temp
AG
Do they have a valid handicapped hangtag or plate on any of their vehicles?

Just FYI - Anyone with a handicapped hangtag or plate can park in the space.
Guitarsoup
AG
I have a hangtag from my friend's dead mother. I have an extra car. Lets leave the car there with the hang tag for a couple weeks and see what happens.
Lobster Twins
AG
I approve of that idea.
Old Main
AG
Let's recruit two handicapped people to leave their second car/tags there for several months. The taller and more hideous the cars the better!

Any handicapped people out there with a Monster Truck?
schmendeler
AG
quote:
I have a hangtag from my friend's dead mother. I have an extra car. Lets leave the car there with the hang tag for a couple weeks and see what happens.

i love it
HouAg84
do it
Earthquake McGoon
Going by the Texas Accessibility Standards, to me it does not look like the parking space and the accessibility route is compliant.
Section 4.6 of TAS has about parking:
quote:
4.6.2 Location. Accessible parking spaces serving a particular building shall be located on the shortest accessible route of travel from adjacent parking to an accessible entrance. In parking facilities that do not serve a particular building, accessible parking shall be located on the shortest accessible route of travel to an accessible pedestrian entrance of the parking facility. In buildings with multiple accessible entrances with adjacent parking, accessible parking spaces shall be dispersed and located closest to the accessible entrances.

(1) Parallel parking is discouraged unless it can be situated so that persons entering and exiting vehicles will be out of the flow of traffic. If parallel parking is located on a street, driveway, or any other area where vehicular traffic exists, the space shall be designed and located so that users are out of the flow of traffic (see Figure 9(a)).

4.6.3* Parking Spaces. Accessible parking spaces shall be at least 96 in (2440 mm) wide. Parking access aisles shall be part of an accessible route to the building or facility entrance and shall comply with 4.3. Two accessible parking spaces may share a common access aisle (see Fig. 9b). Parked vehicle overhangs shall not reduce the clear width of an accessible route. Parking spaces and access aisles shall be level with surface slopes not exceeding 1:50 (2%) in all directions.

4.6.4* Signage. Each accessible parking space shall be designated as reserved by a vertically mounted or suspended sign showing the symbol of accessibility (see 4.30.7). Spaces complying with 4.1.2(5)(b) shall have an additional sign "Van-Accessible" mounted below the symbol of accessibility.

(1) Characters and symbols on such signs shall be located 60" (1525 mm) minimum above the ground, floor, or paving surface so they cannot be obscured by a vehicle parked in the space.

(2) Signs located within an accessible route shall comply with 4.4.2.

(3) Characters and symbols on overhead signs shall comply with 4.30.3.

If the access route is through the drive way entry, that does not look compliant either with the slope and the uneven pavement.
http://www.license.state.tx.us/ab/abtas.htm

[This message has been edited by Earthquake McGoon (edited 2/26/2009 9:11p).]
Ryan the Temp
AG
Earthquake:

We have significantly limited consideration of these type of zones now due to accessibility standards. From what I understand, we are now requiring an ADA compliant ramp in conjunction with these zones.
tony
AG
quake, that's the requirement if a business is putting one in. In this case where the LL's requested it, they don't have to meet the standards because it is for there benefit.
tony
AG
Also, before this thread I'd never heard the term "lunchbox" before, is this a widely known term? I thought I'd heard them all, and I've probably spent as much or more time around that group than anyone else on the board..... Am I just that out of it?
Old Main
AG
I'll would probably have to take credit for coining the term "Lunchbox Lesbians". It just sounded good and these types of lesbians are the kind that would wear overalls and take a lunchbox or lunch pail to work to the job site. Probably the opposite of a "Lipstick Lesbian".

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 2/27/2009 11:21a).]
Earthquake McGoon
Ryan and Tony,
Thanks for the clarification. I was thinking that since it was in the public right of way, City of Houston St., that it would fall under TAS.
Anti-taxxer
AG
this just provided me with two hours of enterainment while my students are watching a movie. thanks!
Gig me
AG
OM, with your permission I would like to start using the "lunchbox" lesbians phrase.
rononeill
i dont think the "lunchbox" phrasiology has anything to do with the contruction worker's food tote. think more along the lines of: lunch : meal : eat... then add the remaining letters. hth.
rononeill
unfortunately, i dont think the texags constituency can claim this term. i'd heard it a long time ago. much props, however, if you hadnt and arrived at the brilliance on your own.
Old Main
AG
wiceman33x,

You are welcome to use Lunchbox Lesbians anytime you want.

rononeill,

I had never heard the term lunchbox lesbians used before I started this thread, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to hear that it has been used before. In fact maybe in a place like San Franciso Lunchbox Lesbian has a completely different connotation.

For the record, Lunchbox Lesbians like the following:
- Four wheeling
- Overalls
- Mullets and crew cuts
- Yard work
- Signage
- Perpetuating frauds against the city and the general public
- Comets games
- Cheese dip
- Views from their homes uncluttered with parked cars
- Donut bumping

Lunchbox Lesbians do not like the following:
- Corvettes
- Cars that park in front of their house
- Men
- Neighbors
Vernada
AG
Whitesnake
Cheesedip? Really?
rononeill
im saying that if youd never heard it before, you are in fact very wise with your word association skills and tactical applications - as said, much props to you and thank you for the detailed support to your assertion. roll on.
DVM97
AG
Old Main, RTT, rd etc....you all owe me 45 minutes of my life back!!! That is some funny sht for the record. Please continue.

DVM
Old Main
AG
Ryan the Temp,

What is the fine for fraudently obtaining handicapped signs? It seems like that type of crime should be 5-7 years in a maximum security prison...of course for these Lunchbox Lezzies some type of "women behind bars" fantasy could be fulfulled here so maybe it would be easy time for them.

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 3/2/2009 9:49a).]
Ryan the Temp
AG
We would simply remove the signs.
Old Main
AG
No prison time - not even a slap on the wrist! No wonder these lunchbox lesbians are abusing the system. There is no reason not to...
aTm2004
AG
Maybe you should hire a handicapped male stripper for them.
rononeill
im sure somewhere in the 47,439 posts prior to this one, someone suggested removing the signs yourself? why hasn't some homeless guy stolen them yet to build a shelter with?
Ryan the Temp
AG
Because Old Main has already established motive. Instant suspect for theft of gov't property.
Old Main
AG
Exactly! I don't want to end up in prison and find out what a "prison wallet" is the hard way...
stroodles
AG
ttt

Is there an update on the public records request?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.