Houston
Sponsored by

Rant about lesbian neighbors, pretend handicapped parking, and how to pwned them!

65,404 Views | 704 Replies | Last: 15 yr ago by KurtK85
ruSAL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My suggestion is to permanently scar their lawn with an oversized handicap logo. You can buy chemicals at HD or Lowe's to do this. Urine also burns grass so that's another option...although you need a damn good aim for that.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
I don't consider the Shepherd/Westheimer neighborhood to be Montrose.
Well, it is.
Old Main
AG
ruSAL,

I like this idea, but I'm pretty sure I would get busted. I do want to do evil things to these ladies, but I don't want to go to jail over it. Anyone more daring than me please take your chances (2410 Driscoll).
cjg89
AG
quote:
As far as my car it is a small sporty two-seater not a huge white PSB SUV or anything like that.

explain to us again why you don't park in your own private parking? Why do you need to park in front of a neighbor's house?

Personally, I would be screwing with the cars parking in front of my house instead of having the handicapped signs.

Old Main
AG
Ryan the Temp,

What do you consider to be the easternmost street not in Montrose? I can tell you that several realtors have told me that Shepherd/Westheimer is not considered Montrose. People who request to look at houses in Montrose are looking at least a mile east of Shepherd.
dreyOO
not to one up you Old Main, but my gay neighbors have a "stud only" parking sign...

fortunately, i still qualify for parking anywhere around here.
Old Main
AG
cjg89,

There are a three spots (usually taken) behind my fourplex but the drive to get to them is extremely narrow and my rear view mirrors barely clear the brick walls and fences by about an inch on each side. My car is very wide. I tried it once and it is just not worth it.
rdag04
AG
i'm still confused why them being lesbians has anything to do with this arguement
freckles385
Check with the cops to see if the signs are legit
Ryan the Temp
AG
fwiw, if they are NOT indeed handicapped, then their cars can be ticketed if they park on the street.

If it is THAT important to you, and you honestly believe the sole purpose is to keep people from parking in front of their house, call HPD immediately any time you see someone park there, especially them or their guests. I can guarantee you the first time they or one of their guests gets a $270 parking ticket, the signs will come down. HPD can be reached at 713-884-3131.

Alternatively, you can become a volunteer enforcer. There is a City program that certifies citizens to write real parking citations for handicapped parking violations. You can get certified and then write up a ticket on the spot whenever someone parks there. It is the same ticket a cop would write.
dreyOO
quote:
Alternatively, you can become a volunteer enforcer. There is a City program that certifies citizens to write real parking citations for handicapped parking violations. You can get certified and then write up a ticket on the spot whenever someone parks there. It is the same ticket a cop would write.

Can i still write tickets if I wear pasties?
Old Main
AG
rdag04,

It doesn't really - I was just adding some color to my original post. I already apologized to anyone I offended. I will stick to my observation that gnarly four-wheelin' grandma lesbians are more likely to put up fake handicap parking signs than your everyday neighbor.

The main thing that pisses me off is that the only reason these ladies put the handicap parking only signs up is to keep me and my neighbors from parking in front of their house - the last time I checked Driscoll was a public street. Not one handicap tagged/licensed car has parked along the curb since the signs went up over a month ago - so of no handicap cars are parking there why are the signs necessary?

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 7/21/2008 12:32p).]
Ryan the Temp
AG
I have found that since the western-most side of Montrose is being redeveloped with upscale residential, a lot of people are basically trying to redefine it as "River Oaks West." realtors will tell people the area is not Montrose because there is still a stigma for some about living "where the gays are."

It is historically Montrose.
cjg89
AG
quote:
There are a three spots (usually taken) behind my fourplex but the drive to get to them is extremely narrow and my rear view mirrors barely clear the brick walls and fences by about an inch on each side. My car is very wide. I tried it once and it is just not worth it.

You should have considered this when you decided living in the fourplex. Just took parking in front on the neighbors as some sort of right? an entitlement?

Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
There are a three spots (usually taken) behind my fourplex but the drive to get to them is extremely narrow and my rear view mirrors barely clear the brick walls and fences by about an inch on each side.

I know where you live.
AggieDubs
just for those who are not aware.... gays and lesbians are legally able to live outside of the montrose area despite what boundaries define it
Old Main
AG
cjg89,

Cars were already parking along the curbs before I moved here - this is not something new I started. The handicap parking sign eliminated two parking spots on a street with very limited parking to begin with.

Ryan,

I'm curious as to what is considered to be the western boundary of Montrose - I'm not being a smart-alec, I really don't know.

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 7/21/2008 12:37p).]
Westicles
AG
Resident bull dyke problem, the worst kind a man could have.
Ags #1
AG
it is a PUBLIC street. People can park in front of whomever house they want. It happens all the time in college and in Houston.
pvsherwood03
quote:
You should have considered this when you decided living in the fourplex. Just took parking in front on the neighbors as some sort of right? an entitlement?

it's not their property
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
gays and lesbians are legally able to live outside of the montrose area despite what boundaries define it

I know ... have you been to Timber Grove lately?
dreyOO
yeah, its city living...i'd expect to see plenty of cars on the streets parking. in fact, i do every night. it's a public space that nobody owns
AggieDubs
have not heard of timber grove....where is that?
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
I'm curious as to what is considered to be the western boundary of Montrose
It is not a single street. It roughly follows the western boundary of Freedmen's Town/4th Ward and Midtown. It's Taft-ish sort of on the north and Bagby/Spur-ish on the South.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Timber Grove is west of the Heights.
AggieDubs
ah yeah.....nevermind.... i know where you are talking about
Old Main
AG
Still the Western boundary has to be somewhere. My guess is that it might be Woodhead or somewhere like that. How can one say something is Montrose or not if the boundaries cannot be defined?
Ryan the Temp
AG
edit: wtf?

[This message has been edited by Ryan the Temp (edited 7/21/2008 12:44p).]
Westicles
AG
A nice rainbow colored map for your viewing pleasure.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Let's see if this works now ...

[This message has been edited by Ryan the Temp (edited 7/21/2008 12:51p).]
zap
AG
You could always try talking to these ladies, maybe they would be willing to remove the signs.
rdag04
AG
noway zap. they're lesbians. they can't be talked to.
AggieDubs
the lesbians will kill you....then eat you....if you try to talk to them
Old Main
AG
Along Westheimer I really think most people identify the streets a few blocks east of Shepherd (Hazard, Driscoll, Morse, etc.) with Shepherd and the area west all the way to Kirby. Just east of Woodhead I think Westheimer begins to change drastically where those antique shops are - I think that is more indicative of the western boundary of Montrose than any other boundary.

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 7/21/2008 12:50p).]
Ryan the Temp
AG
The map I posted is the official map recognized by the City of Houston and Superneighborhood #24.

Call it whatever you want - it's still officially Montrose.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.