BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2024)

551,714 Views | 2412 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Dustoff00
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's what my mother-in-law got. It looked fantastic.
MiMi
S
BCS Axe House is closing on December 31, 2024.
techno-ag
AG
MiMi said:

Somebody got the axe?
maroon barchetta
techno-ag said:

MiMi said:

Somebody got the axe?

I'm going to open a new business in that space called "Axe Me Anything!"

You can bring your own stuff you want to throw an axe into.
TyHolden
AG
Open Bullwinkles back up
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
trouble said:

We ate at Fish Daddy's on Monday night and I was pleasantly surprised by the variety on the menu. The last time I ate there (years ago) nearly everything was fried. It's definitely going in our rotation when I want seafood.

Fish Daddys is underrated. While I'm not a huge seafood guy I love their fire cracker shrimp, onion rings, dip trio, and desserts
Rex Racer
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

trouble said:

We ate at Fish Daddy's on Monday night and I was pleasantly surprised by the variety on the menu. The last time I ate there (years ago) nearly everything was fried. It's definitely going in our rotation when I want seafood.

Fish Daddys is underrated. While I'm not a huge seafood guy I love their fire cracker shrimp, onion rings, dip trio, and desserts
Agreed. You don't have to get fried. They offer their fish blackened or grilled, as well.

I have a cousin that loves to get grilled mahi mahi with drawn butter. He calls it poor man's lobster.
halibut sinclair
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

trouble said:

The Fish Tacos with ancho chili sauce are the best.
BCStalk
Varsity Grillhouse had their grand opening so we tried it. Definitely needs improvement. Service was lacking and the food was average. Hopefully they get things going better in the future. They have a good atmosphere but not sure if we will be back again anytime soon for the price and options available elsewhere. Concept is pretty neat so I hope maybe with some additional time and training it makes it.
MiMi
S
Went to Varsity about a month after they opened. It was very good, albeit expensive, especially the stuffed mushrooms. We haven't been back. I guess because the price point is too high for my budget. I do see their FB ads for <$10 lunch options. But rarely go out to eat for lunch. Unless it's a TexAgs Meetup
Psychag
AG
I'll only go to Varsity on Thursdays. BOGO half off on hamburgers and $2 off beer. Kinda stale atmosphere to me.
Bunk Moreland
I've heard from 3 people and opinions were all in the meh realm. Not great, not bad.
trouble
AG
TopGolf signage now up
JMac03
AG
Pinspiration doors are closed, but saw on Facebook today that their space has flooded 11 times since they opened and the landlords say the only way to fix it would make it non-ADA compliant....
FlyRod
Two new businesses coming to downtown Bryan:

1. Sunbeam Bagel and Coffee Co.

2. The Owl Pub & Grill

All I have is the names for now.
trouble
AG

maroon barchetta
Live music at The Owl maybe?
trouble
AG
I'm hoping
Smeghead4761
Trackside Kolaches is back open at their new location on Holleman South. Just FYI.

Whoop!
halibut sinclair
FlyRod said:

Two new businesses coming to downtown Bryan:

1. Sunbeam Bagel and Coffee Co.

2. The Owl Pub & Grill

All I have is the names for now.
315 S. Main is where Love Downtown Local is right now. I guess that's going away?
JMac03
AG
Smeghead4761 said:

Trackside Kolaches is back open at their new location on Holleman South. Just FYI.

Whoop!

They did say they're going to be closed today to prep for the week. Apparently yesterday was super overwhelming with folks (which is a good thing).
Captn_Ag05
AG
Parallel, the developer behind the Rev and the Otto in Northgate, is at it again. They've submitted plans for a 23-story (one-story retail, seven-story garage, 15-story residential) building at 201 Boyett Street. This is the property bound by First, Boyett, Patricia, and Church Ave, located behind Chimy's, Good Bull Icehouse, and Shiner. It will be a 157 unit, 532 bed property.
Rex Racer
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Parallel, the developer behind the Rev and the Otto in Northgate, is at it again. They've submitted plans for a 23-story (one-story retail, seven-story garage, 15-story residential) building at 201 Boyett Street. This is the property bound by First, Boyett, Patricia, and Church Ave, located behind Chimy's, Good Bull Icehouse, and Shiner. It will be a 157 unit, 532 bed property.
I lived in Norma Boyett Bankston's little apartment building at 204 Church Ave for 13 years back in the 1990s - early 2000s. Sad to see that little apartment go. But you can't stop "progess", I guess.
trouble
AG
Piasanos is closing.

JMac03
AG
That is really sad. I do like their pizza rolls. We just don't eat pizza often at all. I did pick it up a few weeks back. Maybe will try to one more time before they close.
trouble
AG
We went once a long time ago and didn't like it but had heard from others that it was much much better. It's just on the other side of town from us.
KidDoc
AG
This was my go to for non fancy pizza. Stinks that they are closing.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FlyRod
That is sad. The only deep dish in town. Glad I enjoyed them for the many years they were around.
Hornbeck
AG
Ouch.
EBrazosAg
AG
I think all these mom and pop places do well in an out of the way spot with a cheap rent and don't understand the problems associated with a newer, better (way more expensive ) location. What used to work doesn't work when volumes don't go up as much as they hoped when they moved. Seems to be a pattern.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FlyRod
Good point. They seemed to do well in that weird Wellborn location.
Uncle Howdy
S
trouble said:

Piasanos is closing.

That really sucks. I loved them in their original location, but I never went to the new location because it is way out of my way
maroon barchetta
This.
Rex Racer
AG
trouble said:

Piasanos is closing.

Aw, man. That's my favorite in town. When you order extra cheese you actually get it. But the two times I went recently, I was the only person in there, so I was worried.
Hornbeck
AG
Wife gets her nails done next door, so, we usually get that for dinner every three weeks. I liked their pizza, and their pepperoni rolls were some of the best I've had

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.