BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2024)

551,771 Views | 2412 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Dustoff00
phillytex24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LightningDammitt said:

techno-ag said:

CWIsom said:

Fat Burger on Texas closed Monday
Another victim of this terrible inflationary economy?

Dare I say.... medians? <runs for cover...>

It's not the medians. Rents went up drastically in August for many renters. This cuts into budgets big time. Mine went up $200! I knew this would affect the local economy and even said it will cause businesses to close. It's this economy. I eat out far less than I used to.
Collectonian
Fat Burger has confirmed on their FB as of 15 minutes ago. Posted:

https://www.facebook.com/bryanfatburger/posts/pfbid02hs5BweuiRhXSXaVozXzqjvLWmm2v4iwYf89LstLisaHPe1KoJtUpR2rTM3dEgGMbl
Why yes, yes I really do run the best (and only) BCS ICEE Guide!
maroon barchetta
LightningDammitt said:

techno-ag said:

CWIsom said:

Fat Burger on Texas closed Monday
Another victim of this terrible inflationary economy?

Dare I say.... medians? <runs for cover...>

There have been businesses that blamed medians.
trouble
AG
The landlord is selling the property.
FlyRod
Leases can be tough on our local restaurants.
TyHolden
AG
tu ag
AG
Pitt Stop Detail & Auto Sales will be moving to a location on Texas Ave. Not sure exactly where, but owner told me he bought a building and is sick of rent going up.
Roxie146
So this just dumb - only Teslas can use the tunnels - perhaps it would make sense if other vehicles could be used - but ventilation is an issue - what happens if there is a Tesla fire - unintended consequences need to be discussed- apparently the city of Kyle decided not to go forward with this concept. This is a single source solution to a very complex problem. A single source people mover- it is a technology in need of a purpose- is that truly where we want to spend our taxpayer money.
TyHolden
AG
Roxie146 said:

So this just dumb - only Teslas can use the tunnels - perhaps it would make sense if other vehicles could be used - but ventilation is an issue - what happens if there is a Tesla fire - unintended consequences need to be discussed- apparently the city of Kyle decided not to go forward with this concept. This is a single source solution to a very complex problem. A single source people mover- it is a technology in need of a purpose- is that truly where we want to spend our taxpayer money.
I'm not arguing for or against it. I have no idea on how it works. Just posting it as something that is being proposed.
trouble
AG
Why don't we just clean up the steam tunnels.
TyHolden
AG
trouble said:

they don't exist...take the blue pill
trouble
AG
Sure, baby
Hornbeck
AG
TyHolden said:

trouble said:

they don't exist...take the blue pill

This is the way. What steam tunnels?
Rex Racer
AG
trouble said:

Too much fiber down there.
maroon barchetta
Rex Racer said:

trouble said:

Too much fiber down there.

Fiber is an important part of your diet.
BiochemAg97
AG
Roxie146 said:

"Because this system is simply a proposal, all of the details are still up for consideration and debate."

FlyRod
Looks like Aroma, the Nepalese restaurant in Westgate is opening soon.
AggiePhil
AG
Roxie146 said:

They would use Tesla busses to remove the current ones from surface streets.
trouble
AG
Dirty Dough is closing their Bryan location but still plans to open in CS next month.
halibut sinclair
FlyRod said:

Looks like Aroma, the Nepalese restaurant in Westgate is opening soon.

I bet it will smell good.
Captn_Ag05
AG
trouble said:

Dirty Dough is closing their Bryan location but still plans to open in CS next month.

That was fast
JMac03
AG
Kind of shocked they are still planning on opening the CS one. I had wondered if it was on hold as it seems to be taking awhile. I hope it works out for them.
trouble
AG
Their Facebook page is less than a year old. I don't remember when they actually opened.
JMac03
AG
trouble said:

Their Facebook page is less than a year old. I don't remember when they actually opened.
I doubt its been a year. I remember going on opening day and expecting there to be a huge line, and there was only 1 other person in the store. I think I went one other time.
NotJPMorgan
AG
This would be an A&M project, so not *directly* tax payer money. Also, this isn't the tunnels that any Tesla can enter/use. To see a comparable project, look at the Vegas loop. It's like a subway but with Teslas instead of subway cars lol. Not saying it is the right solution by any means, but just making sure everyone knows what this proposal is.
trouble
AG
I'm at that Target pretty often and never went. Judy never thought about it when I was there.
Captn_Ag05
AG
trouble said:

I'm at that Target pretty often and never went. Judy never thought about it when I was there.

It's all Judy's fault they closed.
trouble
AG
I don't even know where that typo came from. Yes, let's blame Judy.
woodiewood
Interesting thing happened to me at a McDonalds today. I stopped and went inside and asked for a senior coffee. The employee said, that will be 54 cents. Fine. I gave here a dollar bill. She proceeded to make the change and put it in her hand and then walked over to get my coffee. She came back and handed my my coffee with no indication of giving my my change.

I asked if I was getting change, and she mumbled, Oh, that's right.

I assume that some people leave their change as a tip but an 84% tip might be too much for just taking my order and walking 25 feet to pour coffee and come back and hand it to me.

It's not even the 46 cents, but the indication that it was expected to be kept is what is odd.

We are quickly going into the Tip Twilight Zone.

Collectonian
Ag Solar Guard is now back open, with the same hours and phone number, at a new temporary location in College Station at 4570 Gloria Allen Drive
Why yes, yes I really do run the best (and only) BCS ICEE Guide!
maroon barchetta
Shipley's has some employees that will ask if you want your change.
legalbird
Talked to a business guy today, and he said with the new proposed capital gains tax, he is out. He is winding down his business now. I guess he fears it will happen.
MsDoubleD81
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Shipley's has some employees that will ask if you want your change.

I went to C&J's in Bryan. The total was $14.15. I paid cash and gave $15. They handed me my food and the guy snarkily said, "and here's your 85 cents in change". If you pay with credit card, they make you sign a slip with a spot for tip.

I also ordered to go online for Luigis. I added a small tip. When I got to the restaurant they handed me a receipt to complete and sign. Again, with a spot for tip. I told them I paid online. They said we need your signature. That p'd me off. Never have I been asked for a signature on to go. I think they were hoping for a 2nd tip.
maroon barchetta
I was done with Luigi's a long time ago.
maroon barchetta
Pumpkin patch on Rock Prairie was being stocked this evening when I drove by. 18-wheeler being unloaded by young people.

Should be eleventy families with small kids taking photos out there in the morning.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.