BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2024)

493,844 Views | 2182 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by AggiePhil
Sub4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seems odd to squeeze a mini golf course on a pad better suited for a restaurant. I would think going for cheaper land and doubling your capacity with 2 sets of 18 holes (Like popstroke) would make sense.

I've never seen a stand alone putt-putt place with only one 18 hole course.

If this place does get built, I doubt it makes it. Not because I don't think there's a market for another putt-putt place.
Captn_Ag05
AG
This is another of their courses. Based on this, I see how they can make it work in such a small space.
trouble
AG
I'll have to drive by there tomorrow but that doesn't seem possible
BiochemAg97
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

I thought this project was dead since we hadn't heard anything in a couple of years, but [url=https://beaversbendcabincountry.com/directory/krakens-revenge-miniature-golf/][/url]Kraken's Revenge Miniature Golf just submitted their site plans to the city. It is located in front of the Ramada at University and the bypass area.

I wonder how many putt putt courses can the town support.
MadDog73
AG
Must be for younger kids.
Captn_Ag05
AG
This one seems to be geared towards little kids and families, vs PopStroke and BigShots, which are more geared towards teens, college students, and adults.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Unless the pirate's prison is also a place to buy rum
halibut sinclair
Sub4 said:

I've never seen a stand alone putt-putt place with only one 18 hole course.
Check out Longview Greens in Montgomery. I would wager there are others.
TyHolden
AG
All putt-putt places should be BYOB
Rex Racer
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

I thought this project was dead since we hadn't heard anything in a couple of years, but [url=https://beaversbendcabincountry.com/directory/krakens-revenge-miniature-golf/][/url]Kraken's Revenge Miniature Golf just submitted their site plans to the city. It is located in front of the Ramada at University and the bypass area.

I wonder how many putt putt courses can the town support.
The cycles this town goes through are interesting. When I moved here in 1989, we had 2 miniature golf courses. A few years later, they shut down and we went decades without one. Now in the span of a couple of years, we will have 3 of them.
Brook Dryden
AG
Howdy again! It's Brook Dryden, the reporter from the Battalion. I emailed the address you sent me earlier about setting up a time to interview, but I didn't receive a response. I'm just following up to see if there is still a good date and time to interview. The Battalion is looking forward to hearing more about the reopening. Thank you and have a great rest of your day!
maroon barchetta
Just crash the soft opening tonight.
RafterAg223
AG
Brook Dryden said:

Howdy again! It's Brook Dryden, the reporter from the Battalion. I emailed the address you sent me earlier about setting up a time to interview, but I didn't receive a response. I'm just following up to see if there is still a good date and time to interview. The Battalion is looking forward to hearing more about the reopening. Thank you and have a great rest of your day!
Maybe they are in the middle of trying to get a restaurant up and running and this isn't top of mind at the moment??
MsDoubleD81
AG
Then I must have been charged incorrectly. I went once last year and ordered 1 steak fajita, with guacamole, NO BEANS OR RICE and was charged, maybe not $20, but it was over $15. I made the comment "wow, for 1 taco"? And the person just said yes. That is why I haven't been back.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Firehouse subs going in where the Last Shot place was in front of Lowes
trouble
AG
That should do well there.
trouble
AG
I drove past tonight and it's as small as I thought. That's going to be some really interesting planning/design.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I would think it would be constructed pretty quickly once they get going on it.
BiochemAg97
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

I would think it would be constructed pretty quickly once they get going on it.

I was surprised at how quickly pop stroke went from breaking ground to open.
ShinerBlonde
AG
Went to La Bodega last night and really enjoyed it. The steak burrito was just as I remembered and we also got the surf and turf nachos which were amazing. So happy to have it back after all these years!
MiMi
S
The Texas Ave Chick Fil A is back open after their remodel.
LastHamlet
AG
Hornbeck
AG
LastHamlet said:

It's funny that you lie and then run and hide

New to TexAgs?
MsDoubleD81
AG
You missed my 2nd post not far above yours.
LastHamlet
AG
Yup I sure did. My fault.
MsDoubleD81
AG
I have no reason to lie. I don't own a competing restaurant nor know anything about the owner.
AggiePhil
AG
I tried to like Costa Vida but just couldn't. I suspect their business will take a significant hit with the opening of La Bodega. Time will tell.
trouble
AG
I like their steak. The pork is too sweet for me. My boys love it because of their nil deals with Jace and Ryan.
maroon barchetta
AggiePhil said:

I tried to like Costa Vida but just couldn't. I suspect their business will take a significant hit with the opening of La Bodega. Time will tell.

This.

The recipe ideas look great but they don't do anything for me when I try them.

And their breakfast tacos are just not good. I wish they were.
Charpie
AG
trouble said:

I like their steak. The pork is too sweet for me. My boys love it because of their nil deals with Jace and Ryan.
I like their stuff.

But it's California style Mexican. It's not for everyone
AgProgrammer
AG
I disagree. We're actually regulars at Costa Vida (in our weekly rotation) and I think it's one of the few places in South CS (aka Fitch area) that fit the "fast casual" category. It's not junk fast food but it's still really quick like Freebirds. You don't have to order through a waiter and wait, there's no expectation of a tip, get your own drinks, etc. It's also fresh cooked food...they are making the tortillas as you order them, grilling the meat in front of you, etc.

For us, it's good quality food that's quick and is just a little bit more than fast food (and honestly not any more expensive than some of the fast food nowadays). I wish we had more places in that part of town that fit in that fast casual category.
MadDog73
AG
I enjoyed eating Costa Vida burritos at baseball games. Really good!
ElephantRider
AG
AggiePhil said:

I'm in this camp. I've tried it several times and wish I liked it, but I just can't get on board with it.
Hornbeck
AG
Same. We like it. We don't love it, and given the choice, we go elsewhere for Mexican food.
FlyRod
New ramen place, Kyuramen opens this week.

https://www.kyuramen.com/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.