BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2024)

482,014 Views | 2136 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by MyNameIsJeff
aggiemom89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bo's Ramen and sushi house opening up in the old Wayback burgers near Bryan Target.
FlyRod
And another ramen place opening up on Chimney Hill soon.

Let the ramen wars begin!
Marooned_n_Aggieland
phillytex24 said:

That area should shine as it's an entry point to Bryan!

An entry point? You drive for many blocks without eye candy driving into Bryan. Don't see that changing but some places do look better, to much better, than before.

Marooned_n_Aggieland
FlyRod said:

Don't they know this is the worst economy in __________ (decades)?? Why burn their money up on new business openings?
Fbuckie
Maybe this is how Mr. Gatti's is returning.

https://www.silive.com/business/2024/07/popular-restaurant-chain-to-open-locations-in-92-walmart-stores.html?outputType=amp
FlyRod
Marooned_n_Aggieland said:

FlyRod said:

Don't they know this is the worst economy in __________ (decades)?? Why burn their money up on new business openings?

Worse, neither are close to the bypass!
AggiePhil
AG
Fbuckie said:

https://www.silive.com/business/2024/07/popular-restaurant-chain-to-open-locations-in-92-walmart-stores.html?outputType=amp
I'd hate to have to visit Walmart to get my Mr. Gatti's fix but hey, I'll take it.
MiMi
S
Lucky Goat Coffee Co going in at Jones Crossing. On the other end of the building as Oishi. The site with the patio and outdoor playground.
maroon barchetta
I'm gonna have to look them up. That's a larger space than most local coffee places.
maroon barchetta
MiMi said:

Lucky Goat Coffee Co going in at Jones Crossing. On the other end of the building as Oishi. The site with the patio and outdoor playground.

Looks like a lot of locations in Tallahassee!

Interesting concept.
Prosper92Ag
AG
Dang! Was hoping for an interesting restaurant option.
FlyRod
Indian and Nepali restaurant opening on Wellborn…friend leaving the GSC saw sign going up. Hopefully more details soon.
maroon barchetta
They had to relocate. Some American archaeology prof burned down their last place.

PS3D
Fbuckie said:

Those are in Walmarts where McDonald's has closed and the space is for lease.

I don't think the east Bryan one has space (the old McDonald's was in the back IIRC) and the Subways in the other two aren't going anywhere unless Centex Subway decides to stop paying rent.
FlyRod
maroon barchetta said:

They had to relocate. Some American archaeology prof burned down their last place.

Don't blame a fire set by Nazis on an American.
maroon barchetta
Indy used his whip to rip the hot fireplace poker out of Toht's hand. That is where everything went awry.

If he had used his pistol like he did later with the swordsman, he ends the threat quickly. The henchmen probably would have scattered because their paycheck would have just died.
thisisnotkathy
AG
I saw it yesterday leaving the GSC as well and was surprised to see a sign go up with no information that I can seem to find online. I'm excited for a little more Indian variety.
FlyRod
Place is called Aroma, and it's in the Westgate strip on Wellborn. There is a small chain with that name with a couple Texas outlets so I'm assuming it's the same one.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61561780336774
Captn_Ag05
AG
The City of College Station is looking at selling the parking lot behind Northgate.

They are putting a lot of restrictions on it, however. Not sure they will get a buyer with all of those restrictions. I would tell them to go pound sand.

Quote:

"As the Northgate area continues to grow, the city wants to help further some of those efforts. One way of doing that is we own the municipal parking lot that we are looking to put out sealed bids," said Ostrowski. "The development is overall a good thing for the city and it is not just the sale of the property but ultimately what the ultimate product is that ends up going on that property."

The city hopes to make back the land's $10 million valuation, but interested buyers are on the hook for more.

The city says developers would also need to give the city 100 parking spaces, a space for ride-share operators, public restrooms, and a sizable police substation.
https://www.kbtx.com/2024/07/18/parking-lot-northgate-district-behind-dixie-chicken-available-possible-redevelopment/
Bunk Moreland
Quote:

"I understand progress and I understand things like this may happen. The little bit of charm that we have, our hometown, a large draw to Texas A&M and College Station is Northgate. We are going to be developed out of our cute little town into high rises and no character," said Manning.

I agree with this in that area. I would hate to see that open lot and feel turn into a high rise (which it will no doubt have to be). If anything I'd be more open towards the city investing in money to replace the parking lot with a green space/general use space out there. I'm sure they could charge to host various events out there year-round to earn some revenue off it, including designated tailgate spots on gamedays for large groups, etc.
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Quote:

"I understand progress and I understand things like this may happen. The little bit of charm that we have, our hometown, a large draw to Texas A&M and College Station is Northgate. We are going to be developed out of our cute little town into high rises and no character," said Manning.

I agree with this in that area. I would hate to see that open lot and feel turn into a high rise (which it will no doubt have to be). If anything I'd be more open towards the city investing in money to replace the parking lot with a green space/general use space out there. I'm sure they could charge to host various vents out there year-round to earn some revenue off it, including designated tailgate spots on gamedays for large groups, etc.
This is a fantastic idea!
CoachLB
I stay in the hotels across from Veterans Park during football season. I see where they are putting a Starbucks across from Veterans Park. Is it open? If not has anyone seen a projected date? I like having the new convenience store out there near the hotels.
honey_badger_99
AG
It's in the framing stage right now. Not sure when they will open.
CoachLB
honey_badger_99 said:

It's in the framing stage right now. Not sure when they will open.
Thanks!
techno-ag
AG
Detective Jake Peralta said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Quote:

I agree with this in that area. I would hate to see that open lot and feel turn into a high rise (which it will no doubt have to be). If anything I'd be more open towards the city investing in money to replace the parking lot with a green space/general use space out there. I'm sure they could charge to host various vents out there year-round to earn some revenue off it, including designated tailgate spots on gamedays for large groups, etc.

Nope. You can't park in the green space.
BiochemAg97
AG
techno-ag said:

Detective Jake Peralta said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Quote:

Nope. You can't park in the green space.

Can you imagine how much they would need to charge for tailgating (7 days a year) in order to make up the lost revenue from the parking they are currently getting, let alone the cost of turning a parking lot into green space.
PS3D
Bunk Moreland said:

Quote:

I agree with this in that area. I would hate to see that open lot and feel turn into a high rise (which it will no doubt have to be). If anything I'd be more open towards the city investing in money to replace the parking lot with a green space/general use space out there. I'm sure they could charge to host various events out there year-round to earn some revenue off it, including designated tailgate spots on gamedays for large groups, etc.

So it goes from a useful and marginally profitable parking lot to a vacant lot that will collect trash and be an eyesore. No thanks.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Chuys has been sold to Oliver Garden.

RIP to the Jalapeño Ranch Sauce

https://www.dallasnews.com/food/restaurant-news/2024/07/18/austin-based-chuys-is-bought-by-darden-restaurants-for-605-million/?outputType=amp
maroon barchetta
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

https://www.dallasnews.com/food/restaurant-news/2024/07/18/austin-based-chuys-is-bought-by-darden-restaurants-for-605-million/?outputType=amp

Oliver must be rich.

He seemed pretty poor in the movie.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

Oliver must be rich.

He seemed pretty poor in the movie.

He's the OG person who claimed "it just means more"
cypress-ag
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Quote:

COCS is hell bent on killing off Northgate area just like the parking situation in southside historic district with the paid parking proposed on game day.
maroon barchetta
But if they can put another high rise in that parking lot footprint, they can get more tax dollars!

Nevermind whether the utilities can support it. More tax dollars means more pet project money!
cypress-ag
AG
Move the bar district away from campus so they can increase the DWI money in the city!
Hornbeck
AG
cypress-ag said:

Move the bar district away from campus so they can increase the DWI money in the city!

Yeah, just pick the chicken up and move it to CS Midtown. That's simple enough.
cypress-ag
AG
Turn Chicken Oil into the main site and problem solved I guess but the memories are all there on North Gate with Don spinning tunes, Woody hustling pool and peeing himself and me meeting my wife!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.