BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2024)

493,547 Views | 2182 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by AggiePhil
happyinBCS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Egg Roll House was the BEST

I loved that place
B2BCS15
AG
Thanks for the interest in my newest Jersey Mike's location in Bryan! We are very close and are hoping to be open before the end of June. I've got vendors in today doing equipment start-up and making sure everything is operational.

I have all the inside information on Jared Steffen (me) that you could ever want! Ha! I GC'd my first 2 buildouts and did not struggle to get open in a timely manner but life has been slightly different this time around. Certainly don't have a cashflow problem as my other 2 store in CS are very high volume and continue to rank in the top stores in Texas every week. The only cashflow problem is the massive amount of money I've spent over the last 1.5yrs on paying for a business (rent, construction, equipment, etc) that doesn't create revenue. Being blessed with high volume stores also comes with it's struggles (especially after COVID) with hiring and retaining staff (especially in a transient town like CS that is often times a stop rather than a home). I had some unexpected turnover last summer of 5 managers and MIT's (managers in training). While this turned out to be great for my overall business and store culture, it definitely caused major delays since we are required to have certain "certifications" through corporate in order to open. Fall is also an extremely busy time for us so we had to strap up our boot straps and hold on for a few weeks. I have always maintained that I do not want to open just to cut my wrist on my other 2 stores. The whole reason I decided to go into business was hopefully to push higher expectations and work ethic in my employees. There were several other hurdles but no need in rehashing difficult subcontractors, equipment issues, etc......at the end of the day they are just excuses.

Apologies for anyone that I've upset with my delay, but we are excited to open very soon and hope to do so in a manner that will make everyone proud to become regular customers! Thanks for all the support and look forward to seeing y'all in store soon!
Tailgate88
AG
B2BCS15 said:

Thanks for the interest in my newest Jersey Mike's location in Bryan! We are very close and are hoping to be open before the end of June. I've got vendors in today doing equipment start-up and making sure everything is operational.

I have all the inside information on Jared Steffen (me) that you could ever want! Ha! I GC'd my first 2 buildouts and did not struggle to get open in a timely manner but life has been slightly different this time around. Certainly don't have a cashflow problem as my other 2 store in CS are very high volume and continue to rank in the top stores in Texas every week. The only cashflow problem is the massive amount of money I've spent over the last 1.5yrs on paying for a business (rent, construction, equipment, etc) that doesn't create revenue. Being blessed with high volume stores also comes with it's struggles (especially after COVID) with hiring and retaining staff (especially in a transient town like CS that is often times a stop rather than a home). I had some unexpected turnover last summer of 5 managers and MIT's (managers in training). While this turned out to be great for my overall business and store culture, it definitely caused major delays since we are required to have certain "certifications" through corporate in order to open. Fall is also an extremely time for us so we had to strap up our boot straps and hold on for a few weeks. I have always maintained that I do not want to open just to cut my wrist on my other 2 stores. The whole reason I decided to go into business was hopefully to push higher expectatoins and work ethic in my employees. There were several other hurdles but no need in rehashing difficult subcontractors, equipment issues, etc......at the end of the day they are just excuses.

Apologies for anyone that I've upset with my delay, but we are excited to open very soon and hope to do so in a manner that will make everyone proud to become regular customers! Thanks for all the support and look forward to seeing y'all in store soon!
Classy response. Best wishes to you with the new location!
EBrazosAg
AG
Great to hear! That location needs you and it's much anticipated. I have a friend with 3 JMs in Ft Worth and it's been a great investment.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bcstx06
happyinBCS said:

Egg Roll House was the BEST

I loved that place

One of my oldest memories was eating there as a child. I remember eating egg drop soup there.
Jsimonds58
AG
Howdy!

I've got a Jersey Mike's question, I've seen that some locations will do a breakfast. Have you considered doing breakfast here at your locations?
BCStalk
I don't want excuses, just want my sandwich.

Kidding, looking forward to your opening
Captn_Ag05
AG
Detective Jake Peralta said:

SIAP:

Popstroke groundbreaking ceremony is set for this Thursday at 9!

https://popstroke.com/press/popstroke-announces-groundbreaking-ceremony-for-college-station-venue/
This is great. I was getting a little worried it wasn't happening, since the original press release said it was going to be opening this fall and there had been no ground work done. I wonder what the next anticipated opening date will be.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Construction on the La-Z-Boy is set to begin in August and take about a year. Near Academy and Varsity Grillhouse.
happyinBCS
a new la Z boy furniture store?
Captn_Ag05
AG
The Little Gym (kids gymnastics) is coming soon - Rock Prairie and six, near Jersey Mikes.

https://www.thelittlegym.com/texas-college-station/
Captn_Ag05
AG
happyinBCS said:

a new la Z boy furniture store?
Yes. They are building a 13,000 sq. foot store for all your La Z Boy needs.
happyinBCS
franchise out of Houston
happyinBCS
is there a link
happyinBCS
I can't find the link
Captn_Ag05
AG
happyinBCS said:

I can't find the link
Page five -

https://www.cstx.gov/common/pages/DownloadFileByUrl.aspx?key=0XRaBMjWdaM0e3WgKrbCc5LP18Sg0duWtP%2bvf49L7%2bj8VqhySU3YX6wLV50A5Vy339gM6Qfe6uDmoxuPgix%2f6AnJ%2be7B%2fjyzTNNp6q%2bts265ItFX%2btxtpNRYc1Rvm%2fvB3p5VQcAM3KTmV630nPQzQhy01K4NbtiKdR38mMDeQvUTfHO%2bgjxuLs9hW2XEsP%2bGhCBwz0i%2fXwg0ecOhzqUF8L6JbaeWHeuTrc1NMPYu%2b%2fPg7HYv

EvenPar
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

The Little Gym (kids gymnastics) is coming soon - Rock Prairie and six, near Jersey Mikes.

Is this like PowerSports?
Captn_Ag05
AG
EvenPar said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Not sure, but looks similar. The extent of my knowledge is that they filed their paperwork with the city.
FlyRod
According to Rusty another ramen place is opening over by Snooze. That makes three by my count and as much as I love ramen, I wonder if BCS can/will support three places.
Charpie
AG
EvenPar said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

No.

It's for small kids (under the age of 7-8). They go to class for one hour a week. My kid did this for a few years in Austin. She had fun and was something for her to do.
Sub4
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

They used be in town on Longmire behind Walmart and opened circa 2019. Maybe went out of business 2020 and are starting up again in a new location? All I know
SalesAg13
AG
New ownership
happyinBCS
Thanks,
when they pull the permit do they give a total cost of construction?
MS08
AG
Sub4 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

They used be in town on Longmire behind Walmart and opened circa 2019. Maybe went out of business 2020 and are starting up again in a new location? All I know

That was Little Land. Indoor play land for kids. We took our kids their a good bit. This is different.
Captn_Ag05
AG
happyinBCS said:

Thanks,
when they pull the permit do they give a total cost of construction?

The permit spreadsheet the city puts out usually has the cost of the project. According to the TDLR website, they are estimating a cost of $4 million. The owner of the location is out of Dallas.
happyinBCS
correct the owner is in Dallas
so, the 4 mil is construction cost not including land
Visor
AG
Anyone know when Kyuramen is planning to open?
angus55
B2BCS15 said:

I have all the inside information on Jared Steffen (me) that you could ever want! Ha! I GC'd my first 2 buildouts and did not struggle to get open in a timely manner but life has been slightly different this time around. Certainly don't have a cashflow problem as my other 2 store in CS are very high volume and continue to rank in the top stores in Texas every week. The only cashflow problem is the massive amount of money I've spent over the last 1.5yrs on paying for a business (rent, construction, equipment, etc) that doesn't create revenue. Being blessed with high volume stores also comes with it's struggles (especially after COVID) with hiring and retaining staff (especially in a transient town like CS that is often times a stop rather than a home). I had some unexpected turnover last summer of 5 managers and MIT's (managers in training). While this turned out to be great for my overall business and store culture, it definitely caused major delays since we are required to have certain "certifications" through corporate in order to open. Fall is also an extremely busy time for us so we had to strap up our boot straps and hold on for a few weeks. I have always maintained that I do not want to open just to cut my wrist on my other 2 stores. The whole reason I decided to go into business was hopefully to push higher expectations and work ethic in my employees. There were several other hurdles but no need in rehashing difficult subcontractors, equipment issues, etc......at the end of the day they are just excuses.

We will forgive you if you can get Danny DeVito to come to your grand opening
We'll win this war, but we'll win it only by fighting and by showing the Germans that we've got more guts than they have, or ever will have. We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-b******, were going to rip out their living G*******d guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun c********** by the bushel-f****** basket. War is a bloody killing business. You've got to spill their blood or they will spill yours. Rip them up the belly. Shot them in the guts.
Bones2012
AG
It looks like they are starting construction on the retail development in front of the Hudson oaks old folks homes on university just east of copperfield. Excited to see more development on that side of town.
lawless89
Bones2012 said:

It looks like they are starting construction on the retail development in front of the Hudson oaks old folks homes on university just east of copperfield. Excited to see more development on that side of town.

Just hoping it's not more apartments.
MadDog73
AG
Bones2012 said:

Watch it junior!
maroon barchetta
mason12
AG
What is going in next to the chipotle on Welborn at Southwest Parkway? I just noticed the new mural that is yellow with eyeballs.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I think it is called Pitacasa or casa pita
australopithecus robustus
It has been changed. It will be called Wild Pita

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.