BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2024)

365,983 Views | 1613 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by JMac03
LastHamlet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wyatt's Cafeteria
Hornbeck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's what happens when you get bought by private equity. They crash the business and line their pockets while doing so.
AggiePhil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Boat Shoes said:

MiMi said:

PS3D said:

Personally, I'd like to see the space be revived as something with mall access and can actually share some consistent hours with the mall, like a full-service sit-down restaurant, maybe something the community actually wants to see.
Agreed. Chelsea Street Pub lasted quite a while at the mall (where Chuck E Cheese is now).


Bring back Casa Ole!
There are still two Casa Ole locations in town: one in the mall and one on Freedom Blvd.
tu ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yup. Private Equity firms are terrible for the long-term good of our country.
TXAGBQ76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yuk!
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggiePhil said:

Boat Shoes said:

MiMi said:

PS3D said:

Personally, I'd like to see the space be revived as something with mall access and can actually share some consistent hours with the mall, like a full-service sit-down restaurant, maybe something the community actually wants to see.
Agreed. Chelsea Street Pub lasted quite a while at the mall (where Chuck E Cheese is now).


Bring back Casa Ole!
There are still two Casa Ole locations in town: one in the mall and one on Freedom Blvd.
Do the Casa Ole and Taco Cabana guys trade secrets? They are just too close to each other not to. If they both served alcohol, you could do a pub crawl.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Except there is no Taco Cabana.
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Except there is no Taco Cabana.
in Bryan? Is it closed down? I drive by them every day but I've never been to either in 20+ years.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TyHolden said:

maroon barchetta said:

Except there is no Taco Cabana.
in Bryan? Is it closed down? I drive by them every day but I've never been to either in 20+ years.


Oh. No idea. I never drive by that location. I was thinking about the CS location that closed.
toolshed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bryan location is still open. Somehow.
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
toolshed said:

Bryan location is still open. Somehow.
proximity to Lowes / Wally World....
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rusty Surrette posted the menu for a new food truck, JB's Hibachi and Seafood, and it looks great. Unfortunately I could find no info re where to locate it.
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
FlyRod said:

Rusty Surrette posted the menu for a new food truck, JB's Hibachi and Seafood, and it looks great. Unfortunately I could find no info re where to locate it.


snaglepuss
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TyHolden said:

AggiePhil said:

Boat Shoes said:

MiMi said:

PS3D said:

Personally, I'd like to see the space be revived as something with mall access and can actually share some consistent hours with the mall, like a full-service sit-down restaurant, maybe something the community actually wants to see.
Agreed. Chelsea Street Pub lasted quite a while at the mall (where Chuck E Cheese is now).


Bring back Casa Ole!
There are still two Casa Ole locations in town: one in the mall and one on Freedom Blvd.
Do the Casa Ole and Taco Cabana guys trade secrets? They are just too close to each other not to. If they both served alcohol, you could do a pub crawl.
They do.
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
snaglepuss said:

TyHolden said:

AggiePhil said:

Boat Shoes said:

MiMi said:

PS3D said:

Personally, I'd like to see the space be revived as something with mall access and can actually share some consistent hours with the mall, like a full-service sit-down restaurant, maybe something the community actually wants to see.
Agreed. Chelsea Street Pub lasted quite a while at the mall (where Chuck E Cheese is now).


Bring back Casa Ole!
There are still two Casa Ole locations in town: one in the mall and one on Freedom Blvd.
Do the Casa Ole and Taco Cabana guys trade secrets? They are just too close to each other not to. If they both served alcohol, you could do a pub crawl.
They do.

they both serve those wine margs?
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Armalite HQ finalized. We talked about this in the 2023 thread.

https://www.kbtx.com/2024/05/22/strategic-armory-corps-signs-agreement-establish-worldwide-headquarters-bryan/
MyNameIsJeff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's awesome. It sounds like it may even have a range and a restaurant attached.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If only we had thought of this.


legalbird
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Funny how Red Lobster executives put a spin on the closures. "Endless shrimp did us in."

If so, you would end that promotion asap. Show the exit bonuses!!
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon barchetta said:

If only we had thought of this.




That's great
aggies4life
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
May have missed this but what is the road work at Victoria and Fitch near the metal building for/about?
angus55
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hadn't seen it listed yet but Imperial Chinese in Bryan had sign saying they were closing June 20th.
We'll win this war, but we'll win it only by fighting and by showing the Germans that we've got more guts than they have, or ever will have. We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-b******, were going to rip out their living G*******d guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun c********** by the bushel-f****** basket. War is a bloody killing business. You've got to spill their blood or they will spill yours. Rip them up the belly. Shot them in the guts.
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh man, I better take my boys next week. They love that place.
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
angus55 said:

Hadn't seen it listed yet but Imperial Chinese in Bryan had sign saying they were closing June 20th.

Too far from the university. If we only had a monorail….
woodiewood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TyHolden said:

angus55 said:

Hadn't seen it listed yet but Imperial Chinese in Bryan had sign saying they were closing June 20th.

Too far from the university. If we only had a monorail….
Since Shun De Mom near Wal-Mart closed, Imperial was my go to for Chinese. We sure need a quality Chinese restaurant.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shun De Mom exists on Northgate
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
angus55 said:

Hadn't seen it listed yet but Imperial Chinese in Bryan had sign saying they were closing June 20th.


That sucks. It's our favorite.
Hornbeck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hometown Chinese by the Carter's Burger is really good. We like C&C or Chef Cao's down south.
Charpie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wokamole is the absolute best. Tastes like the authentic Chinese places in NW Austin where their entire menu is in Mandarin
Retusaf94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't think they have the same menu as in BCS.
Bucketrunner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oishi in Jones Crossing is Asian Fusion and very good.
Collectonian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
angus55 said:

Hadn't seen it listed yet but Imperial Chinese in Bryan had sign saying they were closing June 20th.
Darn, one of my favorite places to order from too
Why yes, yes I really do run the best (and only) BCS ICEE Guide!
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bring back Tony Roma's!
woodiewood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
maroon barchetta said:

Shun De Mom exists on Northgate
Shun De Mom on Northgate is not anything like the other one. It's average food at best and nothing spicy or hot. I went a couple of times a year or so ago and won't be back.

maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
woodiewood said:

maroon barchetta said:

Shun De Mom exists on Northgate
Shun De Mom on Northgate is not anything like the other one. It's average food at best and nothing spicy or hot. I went a couple of times a year or so ago and won't be back.




My son and his classmates and some of my employees go regularly and love it and talk about the spicy options they have.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.