Plane update

150,039 Views | 1154 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by maroon barchetta
EliteElectric
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nom de Plume said:

I'm as curious as to why so many socks are posting and why people with Js in their handles are ranting (and posting personal negative Google business reviews) as I am in the actual topic.
Right! In 13 years in business (and using either my real name or business name to post here and everywhere else) we have gotten exactly 2 Google reviews that weren't 5*.

Belton Ag
AG
At the risk of sounding like Bobby Gutierrez partisan (full disclosure: I have met him a couple times and we have a few mutual friends and acquaintances)… a lot of the criticism on the thread does come across as personal and frankly suspicious. As fractious as the City Council has been in the last few years, I wonder if some of the posters are seeing an opportunity to pile on a political opponent, or are supporters of an opponent.
FamousAgg
EliteElectric said:

Nom de Plume said:

I'm as curious as to why so many socks are posting and why people with Js in their handles are ranting (and posting personal negative Google business reviews) as I am in the actual topic.
Right! In 13 years in business (and using either my real name or business name to post here and everywhere else) we have gotten exactly 2 Google reviews that weren't 5*.

i think if you had enough people mark as "unhelpful" you can get it to go away, not sure
91_Aggie
AG
Belton Ag said:

At the risk of sounding like Bobby Gutierrez partisan (full disclosure: I have met him a couple times and we have a few mutual friends and acquaintances)… a lot of the criticism on the thread does come across as personal and frankly suspicious. As fractious as the City Council has been in the last few years, I wonder if some of the posters are seeing an opportunity to pile on a political opponent, or are supporters of an opponent.
I have no dog in the fight. I'm in College Station.

There is a lot of strange stuff going on and no one truly knows where the truth is, but this entire deal sounds very suspicious and those in power should be above reproach and it definitely doesn't sound like they are here with the answers and non-answers they are given.
doubledog
BiochemAg97 said:

doubledog said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

might be easier to AI on site since they are longhorns. would be a pain to be hauling them back and forth. but the corral on site on that property is not in very good shape, so maybe they do haul them back and forth.
At $1/year you think Dorn could improve the property just a tad, at his expense of course.

If it is functional for what is needed, why improve the property. The entire point is to sell it to a developer who will level everything and build stuff. The improvements would have 0 benefit to BBC. And Dorn runs the risk of making the improvements at the same time that BBC finds a buyer and gives him 30 days notice.
Well for starters improvements would keep his cattle on his leased land.
BiochemAg97
AG
doubledog said:

BiochemAg97 said:

doubledog said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

might be easier to AI on site since they are longhorns. would be a pain to be hauling them back and forth. but the corral on site on that property is not in very good shape, so maybe they do haul them back and forth.
At $1/year you think Dorn could improve the property just a tad, at his expense of course.

If it is functional for what is needed, why improve the property. The entire point is to sell it to a developer who will level everything and build stuff. The improvements would have 0 benefit to BBC. And Dorn runs the risk of making the improvements at the same time that BBC finds a buyer and gives him 30 days notice.
Well for starters improvements would keep his cattle on his leased land.

Yeah, well if the fence doesn't keep the cattle in, then it isn't very functional.
Belton Ag
AG
91_Aggie said:

Belton Ag said:

I have no dog in the fight. I'm in College Station.

There is a lot of strange stuff going on and no one truly knows where the truth is, but this entire deal sounds very suspicious and those in power should be above reproach and it definitely doesn't sound like they are here with the answers and non-answers they are given.
I purposely am not going to call out any specific poster, and wasn't directing at you. But I completely agree with you. I'm hoping the truth does come out because some of this stuff looks bad on the surface.
techno-ag
AG
Sorry your business has been attacked. After years of vitriol I can say that if you express an opinion that goes against the majority here, you can expect more of the same.

FWIW I have starred most of your posts on this thread as a sign of support. I think we should be able to respectfully state our opinions even if they are contrary to others. And I just don't believe this is some big underhanded conspiracy. I think it boils down to miscommunication more than anything.
Rex Racer
AG
EliteElectric said:

Nom de Plume said:

If people are slandering your business, that's not cool at all. It should be okay to post in support of a friend or acquaintance.

Doesn't mean you are correct, and it doesn't mean the detractors are correct. None of us knows the full story, and honestly, THAT's the problem. Elected officials need to avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest. This situation may be entirely above board, but it doesn't APPEAR that way to some people.
Jsimonds58
AG
I'm not sure who you are referring to but since I'm the only one in here with a J handle I want to make it very clear I am not going after anyone's google business accounts. I've already reached out to elite electric to assure him of such, any disagreements I have with folks over the facts of this situation are only contained to this site.
trouble
AG
I didn't realize David was still around.

Never mind, I see that was 2 years ago
trouble
AG
I voted for Bobby and I still want answers to all of this.
dubi
AG
trouble said:

I live in College Station and want transparency for all our local public officials.
Jsimonds58
AG
Elected officials should know they need to avoid any appearance of impropriety, it very much looks like impropriety in this case and instead of getting out in front of it and correcting the issue, he and his buddies have declined to speak and tried to hide from this. Even if he is perfectly innocent it should be fairly obvious why folks are now upset about this because the optics are HORRIBLE. The mayor owes an explanation to his constituents and his buddies coming on here and lying about the facts certainly isn't making this better
Charpie
AG
I hope they were able to get the plane off of the land before the rain came in. Gonna make things a soggy mess
doubledog
Jsimonds58 said:

Elected officials should know they need to avoid any appearance of impropriety, it very much looks like impropriety in this case and instead of getting out in front of it and correcting the issue, he and his buddies have declined to speak and tried to hide from this. Even if he is perfectly innocent it should be fairly obvious why folks are now upset about this because the optics are HORRIBLE. The mayor owes an explanation to his constituents and his buddies coming on here and lying about the facts certainly isn't making this better
Certainly has been a lot of water carrying on this thread... Lots of interconnected threads, reminds me of the good old days (that were good for some and not for others).

Tailgate88
AG
Charpie said:

I hope they were able to get the plane off of the land before the rain came in. Gonna make things a soggy mess

I'm surprised someone isn't out there live-streaming it.
trouble
AG
I thought about it but I already had lunch plans
BlueMiles
AG
It was another username that started with "j" and those posts have been moderated.
Jsimonds58
AG
Ah gotcha, that makes more sense then
Koko Chingo
AG
Elite, I am sorry people are attacking your business. Is there a way to appeal them?

You came on here to defend your friend of 30+ years. That is what friends are supposed to do; be there for each other life gets a little tough. I will continue to be a customer of yours (hopefully nothing breaks anytime soon). This is because as an owner you conduct yourself with integrity and your people do quality work. As member of the community you both give and serve.

I have had family members and co-workers who I have known and loved for years do bad things or have things uncovered that no one knew about until something happened to expose the secrets. If you have known the Mayor for 30+ years then your relationship is deeper than political aspirations. People need to leave your business alone.

We truly do not know what goes on behind closed doors. You are supposed to defend your friends and family. Sometimes we are right, sometimes we are wrong, but we do not throw our true friends and family under the bus. I get why you are defending the mayor.

I appreciate your transparency. This is all we want from the Mayor and our elected officials. I do not believe that our public officials have the option of being silent and/or should be allowed to avoid topics related to their official jobs & positions.

I wish the Mayor conducted himself like you do……

For me and many others here, that is the sticking point. Silence is not an option when you are a public official. I believe the Mayor's (and others city council, BBC, etc.) lack of communication on this matter is the worst part of this entire thing.

Nowadays, he could even have chatGPT write a press release.

If there is nothing shady going on; then, this seems so easy to get out from under; if you are the Mayor or other city officials. The longer this goes on the more questions that will be raised……

Why would anyone get a $1 a year lease? Even if you can't build on it, its worth more than that. Why is the most recent former mayor, the Mayors buddy, appointed to just about every council and commission position you can appoint him to? Did the mayor before him (your campaign finance manager) a prominent realtor in the area broker any of the BBC deals. And on and on and on…..

This isn't personal because of the person. It is personal because of the position. The Mayor and city council must answer for they city they serve in, the Governor answers for the state, etc. It is part of the job. When they leave office, they no longer have to answer for the day to day business of the jurisdiction they serve.

Chrundle the Great
AG
trouble said:

This is me.

And also just find the thread/news highly entertaining.
trouble
AG
It's been a long time since we've had several good and interesting threads
techno-ag
AG
Koko Chingo said:

Elite, I am sorry people are attacking your business. Is there a way to appeal them?

You came on here to defend your friend of 30+ years. That is what friends are supposed to do; be there for each other life gets a little tough. I will continue to be a customer of yours (hopefully nothing breaks anytime soon). This is because as an owner you conduct yourself with integrity and your people do quality work. As member of the community you both give and serve.

I have had family members and co-workers who I have known and loved for years do bad things or have things uncovered that no one knew about until something happened to expose the secrets. If you have known the Mayor for 30+ years then your relationship is deeper than political aspirations. People need to leave your business alone.

We truly do not know what goes on behind closed doors. You are supposed to defend your friends and family. Sometimes we are right, sometimes we are wrong, but we do not throw our true friends and family under the bus. I get why you are defending the mayor.

I appreciate your transparency. This is all we want from the Mayor and our elected officials. I do not believe that our public officials have the option of being silent and/or should be allowed to avoid topics related to their official jobs & positions.

For me and many others here, that is the sticking point. Silence is not an option when you are a public official. I believe the Mayor's (and others city council, BBC, etc.) lack of communication on this matter is the worst part of this entire thing.

If there is nothing shady going on; then, this seems so easy to get out from under; if you are the Mayor or other city officials. The longer this goes on the more questions that will be raised……

Why would anyone get a $1 a year lease? Even if you can't build on it, its worth more than that. Why is the most recent former mayor, the Mayors buddy, appointed to just about every council and commission position you can appoint him to? Did the mayor before him (your campaign finance manager) a prominent realtor in the area broker any of the BBC deals. And on and on and on…..

This isn't personal because of the person. It is personal because of the position. The Mayor and city council must answer for they city they serve in, the Governor answers for the state, etc. It is part of the job. When they leave office, they no longer have to answer for the day to day business of the jurisdiction they serve.

It's possible everybody's lawyers have advised them to stay silent. If there is a risk of lawsuits, the mayor's lawyers certainly don't want his statements out there on a public board.
OnlyForNow
AG
This is probably the case now.

People putting their foots in their mouths.

We plebs can do as we please, within reason, as per board mods, but those people who actually have a dog in this fight shoulda kept their mouths shut from the get go.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
OnlyForNow said:

We plebs can do as we please, within reason, as per board mods, but those people who actually have a dog in this fight shoulda kept their mouths shut from the get go.
I still can't believe the Rafter D guy posted in here.
Koko Chingo
AG
techno-ag said:

Koko Chingo said:

It's possible everybody's lawyers have advised them to stay silent. If there is a risk of lawsuits, the mayor's lawyers certainly don't want his statements out there on a public board.
I totally understand not commenting on ongoing legal matters. That doesn't mean avoidance and complete silence.

It would go a long way for the Mayor to just simply say,

"Folks, there is a lot of talk going on in regards to a plane that crashed in a field over by the health science center last December. There are some ongoing legal actions taking place and I will sit down and talk with everyone when my attorney says I can do that. Right now we have to wait. I hope you understand, Thank You."

How hard would that be to do???

Additionally if is legal action being taken against the mayor, city, BBC, etc we should know about it because this relates to land owned by the BBC and someone publicly (YouTuber) revived a letter (released by the YouTuber, for the whole world to see) calling out the mayor.

And not a peep, not even "no comment"……

techno-ag
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Besides that, anything dealing with city council that is discussed in the open might run a risk of violating some policy or other. Open meeting laws and all that. We're not going to hear from the mayor on this board.
Hornbeck
MyNameIsJeff said:

I found it quite entertaining. I also found it telling at how badly this situation is handled…
Jsimonds58
AG
I found it funny that he started out by castigating us for spreading lies and that Aggies don't lie, cheat, or steal, only to almost immediately get exposed for lying himself
doubledog
Hornbeck said:

MyNameIsJeff said:

I found it quite entertaining. I also found it telling at how badly this situation is handled…
As far as I can see no laws have been broken. Ethical concerns have been raised and not answered. However the Mayor, Dorn and others must be careful or the cover-up will be worse than the crime...

This is the lesson that Watergate taught us.
BQ_90
AG
I live in CS and don't give a damn, but I'll take $1 cattle lease.

And if anyone can't see the ethical issues here, then you may biased by your personal contacts with the mayor
EliteElectric
Koko Chingo said:

Thank you and I have no idea if I can appeal or not, fortunately I have little to no experience with this kind of stuff.

This is what I said way upstream and I still stand by it

Quote:

Because I have known the man for 30+ years and at no time have I seen anything to make me believe he is anything other than a good man. If he's a wolf in sheep's clothing that's a whole lot of sheep costume wearing without ever taking it off ROFL.

Also during this time I have served/worked with Bobby on numerous boards, committees, charities etc and witnessed the man go above and beyond and display a selfless servants heart time and time again. Again not inline with the characterizations of him being a crooked person here.

Like my grandpa used to say "a leopard can't change his spots", and Bobby has worn the spots of generous, kind, servant to the community for decades. He's my friend, if he's in the wrong I'll be more than willing to say so, but until the whole story is known I will continue to reserve my judgment.
techno-ag
AG
BQ_90 said:

And if anyone can't see the ethical issues here, then you may biased by your personal contacts with the mayor
Don't forget that Rafter D has the grazing lease, not the mayor. Rafter D used the land to temporarily hold the mayor's cows.
Hornbeck
BQ_90 said:

This, about the ethical issues. The press release saying this all happened before he was the mayor is complete smoke screen as well. Everyone that has lived around here for a bit knows that Gutierrez has been in city politics for a long while, and that the fact that he was actually on the board is conveniently left out… causing the super-sleuths on TexAgs to expose it to the light.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.