Plane update

150,059 Views | 1154 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by maroon barchetta
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cavscout96 said:

laavispa said:

In answer to the question where does BBC get the money. According to the document you cite FNB Bryan made a loan to BBC and secured it with a lien on the 196ac. This is how the Grantor got paid

I'm not sure but $65.2K per acre does not seem out of line, in that residential property in S. county is selling for $100K per acre.

Ok. For clarity...

Provide an example of a 200 +/- undeveloped, residential property that sold in S. CS $100k/ac
I could be wrong but I don't think this will be developed residential. It's in the bio corridor after all.
dallasiteinsa02
It doesn't exist. I could run some quick back-of-the-envelope numbers but I know you couldn't deliver residential that would be absorbed at that price per acre. Especially not in that location.
EliteElectric
techno-ag said:

cavscout96 said:

laavispa said:

In answer to the question where does BBC get the money. According to the document you cite FNB Bryan made a loan to BBC and secured it with a lien on the 196ac. This is how the Grantor got paid

I'm not sure but $65.2K per acre does not seem out of line, in that residential property in S. county is selling for $100K per acre.

Ok. For clarity...

Provide an example of a 200 +/- undeveloped, residential property that sold in S. CS $100k/ac
I could be wrong but I don't think this will be developed residential. It's in the bio corridor after all.
100% not residential, I could see maybe mixed use but too close to HSC, Easterwood and on the way to RELLIS, I would wager pretty heavily this will be a commercial development or higher learning
ConcernedCitizenofBryan
If you look at the Transparency USA website, Rafter D made a contribution to the Political Action Committee called Partners for a Better Bryan. Gutierrez is the treasurer. It shows Gutierrez made a large contribution to his own campaign. Is that even allowed? Can the treasurer of a PAC donate to his own political campaign?

Partners for a Better Bryan
https://www.transparencyusa.org/tx/committee/partners-for-a-better-bryan-political-action-committee-70166-gpac (https://www.transparencyusa.org/tx/committee/partners-for-a-better-bryan-political-action-committee-70166-gpac)
EMY92
AG
Yes, you can contribute to a PAC that sends the money back to your campaign. It would then be subject to the campaign finance laws. You can add as much money as you wish to your own campaign.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Something something "known and trusted"
techno-ag
AG
EMY92 said:

Yes, you can contribute to a PAC that sends the money back to your campaign. It would then be subject to the campaign finance laws. You can add as much money as you wish to your own campaign.
You mean, you can use your own money to run for office instead of relying on donations?
TexasAggie_02
AG
Lol, of course you'd ignore how the man with a $1 dollar lease made a donation to the mayor.
scd88
AG
Is this the longest thread ever on this board?
doubledog
scd88 said:

Is this the longest thread ever on this board?
It is getting there....
Hornbeck
Those "known and trusted" donations sure do add up…
Charpie
AG
It's perfectly legal
cavscout96
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Lol, of course you'd ignore how the man with a $1 dollar lease made a donation to the mayor.
JP76
laavispa said:

I'm not sure but $65.2K per acre does not seem out of line,[Thread derail removed. -Staff]

So at $12,800,000 purchase price, where did the $2,500,000 plus down payment come from ?

Or did the bank finance 100% of the purchase ?

Also where does the money come from to pay the note on the property?

A 20,000,000 year lease at $1 a year ?

On tax roles for around ~$6,000,000 if recall, can anyone point me to other properties on bcad that are sold for 100%+ over bcad numbers ? Ive seen 30-40% but never 100.

Hornbeck
Charpie said:

It's perfectly legal

Guy saved $19,499 in grazing leases over 10 years with a $500 donation.
laavispa
Public Records indicate only a vendors lien to FNB for $12.8 mil. The question of debt service is not something addressed in document. The records do show the expectation of payment of principle and interest.
doubledog
Look I do not blame...

Rafter D (Dorn). If some institution offered me a $1/year lease for 200acres for 10 years, I would jump on it.

The Mayor. I would have called the pilot and toss out the $250K number to try to get my lost? money back quickly. Never mind that the conversation was questionable.

The pilot. It is easy to mistake the Mayor was the owner of the property and that the phone conversation with the Mayor to exchange insurance information (If that happened) proved that point.

The BBC... Wait ... A business council should know how to handle business exchanges...

Nothing to see here people.... Move along....
ConcernedCitizenofBryan
In addition to the Rafter D donation, there's also a donation to the Partners for a Better Bryan PAC from Jose Augusto. It shows he is the owner of Magic Developments. Since Gutierrez is the treasurer of the PAC, why would the mayor leave off this man's last name? His name is Jose Augusto Schincariol, a Brazilian. You can find him online. He's also the owner of Base Armalite among other things. I noticed that the mayor even follows him on Instagram. Why would a citizen of Brazil have any interest in making a (very large) donation to a PAC in Bryan, Texas? (Which would then be used by the mayor/treasurer to help fund his own campaign.) Can a non-US citizen donate to a PAC in the United States? Is that allowed?

https://www.transparencyusa.org/tx/committee/partners-for-a-better-bryan-political-action-committee-70166-gpac
DannyDuberstein
AG
These embryos were to be sold to brazilians
FamousAgg
Full circle
trouble
AG
That's literally why PACs exist, y'all.

The shady part is how did Rafter D come to be the one who was offered the lease and, more importantly in my mind, why didn't the mayor disclose to the BBC his ongoing business relationship with them?
Charpie
AG
Does it matter? It's legal.

/sarcasm of course

You and I both know why they are doing the things that they are doing.
Another Doug
AG
How many people does it take to corrupt a mayor?
One brazilian.
GSS
trouble said:

That's literally why PACs exist, y'all.

The shady part is how did Rafter D come to be the one who was offered the lease and, more importantly in my mind, why didn't the mayor disclose to the BBC his ongoing business relationship with them?
That info was very likely known, but to make it look "less who you know", leasing to Rafter D, versus Gutierrez, was the preferred route. The longhorns are still onsite (benefitting the mayor), but as the property is overgrazed, Rafter D is in violation of the lease agreement.

From the lease:
"The permitted use of Landlord's property is for grazing of cattle, growing hay, maintaining native pastureland, or other generally accepted agricultural purposes. At no time may a greater number of cattle be placed on property than is consistent with first class husbandry and conservation practice."
NRA Life
TSRA Life
trouble
AG
At least one BBC member started they knew nothing of the business relationship between Rafter D and La Pistola
TexasAggie_02
AG
Wow, unreal
Hornbeck
TexasAggie_02 said:

Wow, unreal

So, was Dorn "known and trusted" or just a guy who made donations to the right PAC of the inside crew of politicians? There's something that bears some more scrutiny. I'm sure it's all perfectly legal…
Bunk Moreland
Hornbeck said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

Wow, unreal

So, was Dorn "known and trusted" or just a guy who made donations to the right PAC of the inside crew of politicians? There's something that bears some more scrutiny. I'm sure it's all perfectly legal…

Honestly it's probably all perfectly legal, just not a good look at all.
doubledog
[If you want to add to the conversation you may do so but we require posters to put effort into replies and do not let threads get cluttered up with a bunch of memes and gifs. -Staff]
cslifer
[You had a post deleted because it was derailing this thread and we are not going delete another derail without giving you a ban. -Staff]
Marooned_n_Aggieland
After a long run it is looking like this thread is starting to have engine trouble.

Might have to make an emergency landing before all the energy is expended.

TexasAggie_02
AG
if the local media would actually put pressure and ask questions, maybe it wouldn't run out of steam.
erudite
TexasAggie_02 said:

if the local media would actually put pressure and ask questions, maybe it wouldn't run out of steam.
Media, gutless, in this day and age? Who would've thought? Sadly it falls upon the average person to conduct journalism these days.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Can any of these interested individuals on this thread go to a Bryan city council meeting and ask the question or at least get the question(s) in the record? This is good and all but it is clear that the parties addressed here are satisfied to just stay silent and wait for everything to blow over.
dallasiteinsa02
Marooned_n_Aggieland said:

Can any of these interested individuals on this thread go to a Bryan city council meeting and ask the question or at least get the question(s) in the record? This is good and all but it is clear that the parties addressed here are satisfied to just stay silent and wait for everything to blow over.

You can only speak to items on the agenda. They made this clear when the situation became public.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.