Plane update

158,602 Views | 1172 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Hornbeck
EliteElectric
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AggieBaseball06 said:

Quote:

With that said, your first sentence and last sentence are in direct contradiction with each other. If you "do not know all of the facts or particulars" and "will reserve judgement until all facts and sides are publicly known", then how can you claim that he "is not 'crooked' a 'slimeball' or any of the other colorful characterizations being used here"?

Because I have known the man for 30+ years and at no time have I seen anything to make me believe he is anything other than a good man. If he's a wolf in sheep's clothing that's a whole lot of sheep costume wearing without ever taking it off ROFL.

Also during this time I have served/worked with Bobby on numerous boards, committees, charities etc and witnessed the man go above and beyond and display a selfless servants heart time and time again. Again not inline with the characterizations of him being a crooked person here.

Like my grandpa used to say "a leopard can't change his spots", and Bobby has worn the spots of generous, kind, servant to the community for decades. He's my friend, if he's in the wrong I'll be more than willing to say so, but until the whole story is known I will continue to reserve my judgment.
EBrazosAg
AG
Assuming you speak from your experience with plane ownership and dealing with your liability, hull value, engine time, prop strike and crankshaft inspection, etc…?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
JB
AG
If everything is on the up and up, it sure would be hard for me to sit by and watch people speculate and not tell my side of the story.
doubledog
trouble said:

They are being very careful to have facts in hand first.
And silence is golden... A good reporter would dig for the facts, not wait for someone to hand them to him/her.
doubledog
EBrazosAg said:

1 - moving it is more expensive than it is worth
2- you are fighting with insurance company on who pays for the move.
3- you are having a hard time finding or paying for someone with expertise to move the plane
4- you are trying to figure out if the plane is salvage vs repairable - and making decisions about removing wings based on that
5-……..
I can come up with reasons you might just leave it there all day.
#1 is not true
#2 the salvage/mover will bid on the move (insurance) so this could be a possibility.
#3 not an issue, plenty of people will move it. However they may need to come from out of state.
#4 You would need to remove the wings in either case. To get it on a trailer.

I agree #2 is the most likely, however from my experience a week is a long time to wait.

trouble
AG
doubledog said:

trouble said:

And silence is golden... A good reporter would dig for the facts, not wait for someone to hand them to him/her.

Who said they were?
BluHorseShu
AG
doubledog said:

trouble said:

...and duct tape is silver...
Jbob04
AG
That's a $150k-300k airplane depending on hours and electronics, it will certainly be repaired. I'm sure landing gear would be the most likely component that could be damaged.
Vinewood_03
When a past BISD Superintendent was emptying his personal trash into a commercial bin paid for by the District, Rusty showed up at the guys house with microphone and camera in hand. Why no mention of this by KBTX yet?
75AG
AG
Superintendent is hired. Mayor is elected. Mayor has powerful friends. Superintendent doesn't.
gus1390
AG
https://www.kbtx.com/business/bryan-business-council-issues-statement-about-crashed-airplane-their-property/
maroon barchetta
So he's supposed to just get a tow truck and get it out in two days?
Charpie
Another Doug
AG
Basically they confirmed the shakedown.
cslifer
I wonder why the mayor hasn't released a statement that he didn't make the phone call referenced by the pilot about money? If you didn't do it wouldn't it be best to say so?
boredatwork08
AG
Why would a pilot or an insurance company willingly leave a plane stranded?
Jsimonds58
AG
Lol so the shake down is real and now the mayor is rushing to cover his slimy ass. Really a paragon of virtue
Jbob04
AG
They've been caught and are now cover their asses. Would love to see some contracts on the lease to see whose name is on it.
Jbob04
AG
boredatwork08 said:

Why would a pilot or an insurance company willingly leave a plane stranded?

lol they wouldn't. That's a lot of money sitting out there and if cows decide to start rubbing up against it, they could do some damage.
Koko Chingo
AG
In the video at the 32min mark; the letter sent by the attorney on behalf of the mayor says (in paragraph 2) ….."plane crash on property leased by Mr. Gutierrez"…

In the KBTX link both in the story and in the attached statement by the BBC it says Clifford Dorn owner of Rafter D Genetics is who the property is leased to. They make it very clear the mayor is not leasing the property?

I would like to see the lease history of the property. This makes me wonder a few things:

1. Why would the mayor tell his own attorney he leases the land? Is it because he knows that if he signed the lease it would look bad. It makes you wonder if he made an arrangement with Rafter D to sign the lease so the paperwork looks good but he really controls everything.

I would imagine the attorney who wrote the letter is not happy. In his letter to the YouTuber, the attorney even says, "With reckless disregard for the actual facts and circumstances…."

All the while not checking the actual facts of the mayor not having a lease. That is embarrassing, and to top it off the business and attorney names are clearly identifiable on the YouTube video.

2. Because he is not on the lease; just someone paying for a service. If the mayor is seeking damages, wouldn't he need to go after Rafter D's insurance?

Rafter D is/was providing the service. Either Rafter D completed the contract or not. His only recourse for compensation would be Rafter D. In turn, Rafter D would have to make an insurance claim or as the entity on the lease, go after the pilot (hopefully via insurance companies - not holding a plane ransom for $250k)

3. The same old things Why hasn't the mayor tried to get in front of this? If he has family or real friends following the story or even reading this on TexAgs, wouldn't they call him and tell him to tell the 'truth', or at least his side.

And on an aside: I know Longhorns are a Texas icon and we are all Texans. As magnificent as they are; why right next to campus (lol)????
spike427
AG
From the KBTX article:
"The BBC does not have a contract with Mr. Gutierrez nor was the BBC aware of the fact that Gutierrez was a client of Rafter D."

But did Mr. Gutierrez know who owned that land? Or did Rafter D ever know or put those dots together?
trouble
AG
It's been suggested that he was on the BBC when the land was purchased....
Koko Chingo
AG
trouble said:

It's been suggested that he was on the BBC when the land was purchased....
He began his membership with the BBC Jan 2015 and ended as a non-voting liaison in Dec 2022.

https://onboard.bryantx.gov/board-members/12698

trouble
AG
And the property was purchased in '21, correct?
taxpreparer
AG
Link fail -- retry

https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:e5861148-3dce-3cfb-b0fc-0646319477b5
TexasAggie_02
AG
This press release just makes things more sus.
boredatwork08
AG
trouble said:

And the property was purchased in '21, correct?
Yes. September 23 of that year.

https://esearch.brazoscad.org/Property/View/11949
BlueMiles
HoopsAg
" Dorn says at no point has he prevented the pilot from gaining access to the plane, but tells KBTX the emergency landing disrupted a costly breeding operation involving longhorns owned by Bryan Mayor Bobby Gutierrez, and says the incident has led to a canceled contract resulting in lost income for himself and significant financial loss for Gutierrez."

Give me a freaking break. How does a little plane in the middle of a field disrupt an entire breeding operation to the point of "significant loss" to the Mayor and a cancelled contract? I call BS. The plane basically became like a tree at that point. Also, the owner of the plane clearly explained that all he wanted to was to get his plane back and the Mayor himself called him wanting money to get his plane. Rubbish in this article and clearly trying to sweep under the rug.
trouble
AG
I find this very interesting. They have had a contract for a couple years but the property has only belonged to the BBC for about 18 months?

Who was the prior owner? Did Dorn already have a lease with them or did his business relationship with the now mayor give him access to it?

"Dorn also clarified that he and Gutierrez entered into the private arrangement a couple of years ago, prior to Gutierrez being elected mayor, and stressed that he, not Gutierrez, leases the land from the Bryan Business Council."
trouble
AG
I see it differently. The BBC, Dorn, and the mayor look worse to me after this article.
boredatwork08
AG
taxpreparer said:

Rafter D Genetics LLC

https://mycpa.cpa.state.tx.us/coa/coaSearchBtn

Am I reading this correctly? Is Rafter D Genetics not currently allowed to conduct business in TX?

See taxpreparer's comment below for clarification
taxpreparer
AG
I believe that it is basically a sole-proprietorship at this point. It can be remedied by filing back franchise returns and paying penalties.
TexasAggie_02
TexasAggie_02
AG
Question, since I know nothing about planes: can the wind move the wing flaps? I don't have any photos, but yesterday, the right flap was up. Today, the right flap was down and the left flap was up. I figured its either wind or Cattle rubbing on it. If you go back to the photo in the KBTX tweet from December, both flaps appear to be level.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.