Plane update

149,983 Views | 1154 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by maroon barchetta
doubledog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
techno-ag said:

Not white knighting Dorn but I don't think he's a regular on this board. I think he meant no, it's not an iron-clad 10 year lease. He mentioned the owner could break the lease at any time, and that's what he was referring to.

I know we get into particulars and "gotcha" statements a lot on here, but I'm not sure this was an outright deliberate attempt at deception.
Just another half-truth...Enough already.

The truth is like a dripping faucet, if it is slow enough, he thinks we will ignore it.
trouble
AG
I didn't ask how ironclad it was. I asked if it was really $1/year for 10 years and he said no.

That's a lie.
Jsimonds58
AG
It starts to get a little frustrating when everytime we have caught someone in a half truth, lie, or some other outright deception in this thread we have folks nitpicking every word to then be like " WELL HE ACTUALLY COULD HAVE MEANT THIS SO REALLY HE ISNT LYING." Like come on it's very obvious what he meant and he was immediately called on it and didn't respond, he's a big boy and if he miss spoke he can defend himself.

Again the simplest answer is usually the correct one, he was trying to mislead the folks in here who are rightfully up in arms about this situation.
Charpie
AG
Do you think he posted dated the $10 check for the lease? I mean, that's mighty pricey
Jsimonds58
AG
I know I would have to call my bank to make sure they didn't flag such a large transaction
trouble
AG
I was actually wondering if he paid for it all at once or if he sends them a dollar every year.
Charpie
Charpie
AG
"for tax and audit purposes, we wrote 10 $1 checks, all post dated." /hahawhattheyprobablydid
trouble
AG
Also, he's been here since 2007, he should know TexAgs knows stuff.
techno-ag
AG
trouble said:

I didn't ask how ironclad it was. I asked if it was really $1/year for 10 years and he said no.

That's a lie.

Fair enough. He said:

Quote:

It is not a 10 year lease. The lease can be terminated with 30 days notice at any time so the property can be sold or developed so it is not a guaranteed lease.

What he should have said is

"It is not a 10 year guaranteed lease. The lease can be terminated with 30 days notice at any time so the property can be sold or developed so it is not a guaranteed lease."

That would have been more accurate.

Personally I don't think omitting the first instance of "guaranteed" amounts to a big deliberate lie, I think it was a simple mistake, and he included it in the second statement.

We'll have to agree to disagree.
trouble
AG
It's a recurring debit to his PayPal
trouble
AG
Ummm, I asked it the way I did because I knew what the terms were.
Hornbeck
Jsimonds58 said:

Man that's crazy, dude got on here and lied about basically every part of his post. Didn't we just get castigated about how Aggies don't lie cheat or steal?

* does not apply to old Ags in Brazos County. You also get a pass as a business owner dealing with students. Then decept away…
cslifer
Every lease I have been involved with has had something about how parties can terminate the lease. In this case it happens to be 30 days notice. It is a ten year lease.
doubledog
techno-ag said:

trouble said:

That's a lie.

Fair enough. He said:

Quote:

It is not a 10 year lease. The lease can be terminated with 30 days notice at any time so the property can be sold or developed so it is not a guaranteed lease.

"It is not a 10 year guaranteed lease. The lease can be terminated with 30 days notice at any time so the property can be sold or developed so it is not a guaranteed lease."

Personally I don't think omitting the first instance of "guaranteed" amounts to a big deliberate lie, I think it was a simple mistake, and he included it in the second statement.

So would you agree that he stated a half-truth?
trouble
AG
Then he ain't been paying attention. It's the off season, we need things to keep us occupied.
techno-ag
AG
doubledog said:

techno-ag said:

trouble said:

That's a lie.

Fair enough. He said:

Quote:

Not sure I'd say that, I think he's unused to this board's "exact statement" requirements. In f2f conversation I would have understood exactly what he meant.
Jsimonds58
AG
Ah the fine print, I always manage to miss that
techno-ag
AG
Another question on the dollar lease. When I bought my last house, the public record had some modest amount like $10, IIRC. This was to obfuscate the exact amount in public records. I wonder if something similar happened here. That would explain the silence around the lease amount.

Not saying for sure, but it would explain the reticence.
Flatlander
Wow, this board hasn't seen this much action since the last time some restaurant wanted to charge for water!
GSS
techno-ag said:

trouble said:

That's a lie.

Fair enough. He said:

Quote:

Bill Clinton could have used you, when confronted over his "testimony"...
"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the- if he-if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not-that is one thing...."

The lease is guaranteed for 10 years, only subject to the property being sold. No sale, 10 years, written in the lease agreement. Parse it any way you desire, when asked if it was a 10 year lease, the answer was "no".
Tailgate88
AG
Mathguy64 said:

I'm shocked at how many people come onto an internet thread to defend their honor (or their side of a story) without first talking to their lawyer. Because their lawyer would tell them in no uncertain terms to stay away from the keyboard.
Or the microphone.
GSS
techno-ag said:

Another question on the dollar lease. When I bought my last house, the public record had some modest amount like $10, IIRC. This was to obfuscate the exact amount in public records. I wonder if something similar happened here. That would explain the silence around the lease amount.

Not saying for sure, but it would explain the reticence.
You...have..got...to...be ...kidding.....
trouble
AG
He's turning himself into a pretzel over someone else's lies
Jsimonds58
AG
He's been trying to wiggle into any possible way to defend these jokers all day
75AG
AG
Flatlander said:

Wow, this board hasn't seen this much action since the last time some restaurant wanted to charge for water!
or we were discussing D&D Movers
maroon barchetta
trouble said:

He's turning himself into a pretzel over someone else's lies

This isn't new.
doubledog
techno-ag said:

doubledog said:

techno-ag said:

trouble said:

That's a lie.

Fair enough. He said:

Quote:

Not sure I'd say that, I think he's unused to this board's "exact statement" requirements. In f2f conversation I would have understood exactly what he meant.
Really... I find that statement a half-truth..
WheelinAg
AG
Maybe we need a BBC thread too. But seriously, how does the BBC work? Use tax payer money to buy land and hold for the "appropriate" buyer/use? Where is there information regarding this? I did briefly look, but my google fu is off today.
Charpie
AG
Most entities like the BBC are used to get grant money and and drum up business for the cities that they serve.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Charpie said:

And this smells awful because of "$1," lease. If they were offering fair market value for the leased land, no one would care. The fact that this was all exposed because of a plane crash is hilarious.

Now all we need is to find out that the cowboys in the field are connected to the Committee for the Re-Location of the Mayor's Cattle.

Any aspiring journalists here??
wasntme
He specifically stated that it was NOT a 10-year lease.

That was a lie.
SMR
wasntme said:

That was a lie.

Indubitably
techno-ag
AG
wasntme said:

That was a lie.

Yes. Immediately followed by saying it wasn't a guaranteed lease, with explanation concerning the immediate termination clause.
TexasAggie_02
AG
How is the BBC making payments on a $12.8 million dollar loan with only $1 income?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.