Outdoors
Sponsored by

Things that make you irrationally mad

60,994 Views | 664 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by cena05
Roger350
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
grbgolf said:

Pants pockets getting stuck on drawer pulls. Makes me want to rip out every drawer in my house (pulls have since been replaced)
People using the wrong form of a word (their, they're, there, etc....)

Adding sell and sale and worse and worst, these are irrationally painful when I see them, At least their, there, and they're all sound the same so are slightly more forgivable as a spelling error.
cochrum
AG
The sound of flip flops. Everytime my wife wears them in the house I could just throw them in the trash!
atmtws
AG
In no specific order:
  • Passengers not rolling up their windows before I shut off the engine.
  • Taking the last of something and not telling me so I know to get more (dont eat the last of my f*ckin Oreos)
  • First Responders closing 4x lanes of traffic for a minor fender bender with the cars in the shoulder. I get it, it's a safety issue, but really? HFD/HPD is the worst at this. And always during rush hour. Two lanes max in this situation should be closed.
  • Charcuterie boards/Grazing tables. So gross. I don't want sweaty/room temp meats and cheeses that everyone has fingered. I refuse to attend parties serving only this.
  • Women wearing flat hats. You look like idiots. If you're wife/GF/sidepiece has these, please so society a favor and burn it.

aggiesundevil4
AG
You are never coming to my house then, this was from my party yesterday and had 3 different Axis on it and it was glorious

atmtws
AG
I'll make an exception for deer meat.

Headed home to Boerne next weekend for Christmas. May have to take dad out and get a buck of my own. We have tons of Axis on our place. Too many in fact and trapping them in the past has barely made a dent.
TarponChaser
Salted & cured meats are fine at room temp and cheeses aren't meant to be cold.

You're definitely in a minority on the count of not liking charcuterie.
TXAG 05
AG
TarponChaser said:

Agreed. A silly thing to get angry about.

On the flat brim hats, they were good enough for Wyatt Earp, why are they stupid now?
CactusThomas
AG
atmtws said:

In no specific order:
  • Taking the last of something and not telling me so I know to get more (dont eat the last of my f*ckin Oreos)
  • First Responders closing 4x lanes of traffic for a minor fender bender with the cars in the shoulder. I get it, it's a safety issue, but really? HFD/HPD is the worst at this. And always during rush hour. Two lanes max in this situation should be closed.
  • Charcuterie boards/Grazing tables. So gross. I don't want sweaty/room temp meats and cheeses that everyone has fingered. I refuse to attend parties serving only this.
  • Women wearing flat hats. You look like idiots. If you're wife/GF/sidepiece has these, please so society a favor and burn it.

Forgive me if I don't take marital advice from a homo.
Josepi
AG
I just want to add that I've really enjoyed this thread this year. While I agree with some things, I get quite a few chuckles out of what annoys some of y'all.
Deerdude
TXAG 05 said:

TarponChaser said:

Agreed. A silly thing to get angry about.

On the flat brim hats, they were good enough for Wyatt Earp, why are they stupid now?

It's not the flat brim, it's the cocked back Howdy Doody look that kills it. Wyatt Earp did not do it that way.
BlueSmoke
Indians at Costco…
Nobody cares. Work Harder
jwoodmd
BlueSmoke said:

Indians at Costco…
FIFY
AgRyan04
You must live in Leander or Cedar Park!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
agrams
AG
I'm willing to take the sacrifice and help with that axis problem!!
aggiesundevil4
AG
Have suppressed weapons, will travel…will split the meat with you and make you a charcuterie tray so good you'll recant your irritations. Seriously.
Deerdude
I've got a friend in Stonewall that for $100 will go out with suppressed 243 at night, pop an Axis doe in the head, field dress, clean, and drop off at Stonewall Smokehouse.
I can't drive to Encinal and get a WT doe that cheap.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
cochrum said:

The sound of flip flops. Everytime my wife wears them in the house I could just throw them in the trash!

Throwing wives in the trash can get expensive.
malenurse
AG
Sugar Land
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
Burdizzo
AG
The misuse of the term "white elephant" when describing the office Christmas party gift exchange.

White elephant is a term to describe something that is outdated or obsolete. The gift stealing that usually takes place for entertainment is not the "white elephant" part.

Also, I watched a coworker give the gift he got to a coworker and leave the party. Thought that was a little on the rude side.
HtownAg92
AG
CactusThomas said:

atmtws said:

In no specific order:

Forgive me if I don't take marital advice from a homo.
I also disagree on charcuterie -- it rocks.

But I'll add Bellaire PD / Fire as the worst offenders on the overzealous accident responding. If there is a fender-bender between 59 and Post Oak, you'll see 10 PD cruisers, the ladder truck, two other fire trucks, the chief's suburban, the coroner, SWAT and a helicopter hovering over with jump rescuers on the ready.
PharmD4
AG
TarponChaser said:

I think the objection is after it's been sitting out for a few hours and everyone has "fingered" through it. They do get rather unappealing after a while

I'd be more of a fan of I could just have the whole tray
Gunny456
AG
I hope he is doing that on his own land and not just driving around spotlighting Axis. If not my Aggie buddy who has Axis poached at night on his place by Stonewall may have just found his poacher.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
This may not be irrational but it annoys me when someone starts a lighthearted thread about time travel hunting or the cost of running a huge ranch and some dikfer comes along and ruins it with talk of politics, or is time travel safe…
Deerdude
Gunny456 said:

I hope he is doing that on his own land and not just driving around spotlighting Axis. If not my Aggie buddy who has Axis poached at night on his place by Stonewall may have just found his poacher.

He works for a vineyard. The Axis damage vineyard crops, so part of his job is keeping them down. He doesn't complain.
lck90
AG
AgRyan04 said:

You must live in Leander or Cedar Park!

We were at the Cedar Park store yesterday afternoon and know exactly what you mean. 10/10 would not go back on a Sunday the week before Christmas. What a cluster F.
Deerdude
Deerdude said:

Gunny456 said:

He works for a vineyard. The Axis damage vineyard crops, so part of his job is keeping them down. He doesn't complain.

Then again, if his Axis are dining out at vineyards, maybe he is the one.
TarponChaser
atmtws said:

In no specific order:

https://instagr.am/p/C08C5J4LpYg
Burdizzo
AG
atmtws said:

In no specific order:

That skit was just a rehash of one done ten years ago. SNL is still out of fresh ideas.

zooguy96
fburgtx
I'm moving along at 77-78 or so in the left lane (because I just passed a trucker). There's another 2 or 3, not even 75 yards ahead, so I'm not scooting back over, 'cause I KNOW I'll be passing them in 8-10 seconds. There's NOBODY within half a mile to the REAR of me.

Does the trucker in the rear, who can tell I'm gaining on them, wait for me to go by, or does he decide that NOW is a good time to pass the guy doing 68 in front of him by going 69 in the left lane (and taking 2 minutes to pass the slower truckers)???

You know the answer…

Oh, and the a-hole who passes you on the left on a 4-lane, otherwise deserted, highway, but feels the need to pull BACK over in your lane less than 20 feet in front of you. Ok, you're going faster than me, big deal….
Deerdude
Like most state certification tests, the initial driving test hardly proves squat, and most people seem to regress from there.
CanyonAg77
AG
Sounds like youve been driving I-40 between Amarillo and Albuqierque with me
PharmD4
AG
"Feels like" weather reporting. Everything is heat indexes and wind chills these days…

"It's 37F but it feels like 29F." No, no it doesn't. It feels like 37F with a little wind and humidity.

"It's 101F but it feels like 113F." Really? Then what does 113F feel like?

If the only time a temperature can "feel" like the actual temperature is in a complete vacuum, then no one could possibly experience a temperature for what it is. What the hell does that even mean anyway…what it feels like?

I go to my grandparents and the thermostat says 78F, but it feels like 98F.
Windy City Ag
AG
Just because I dropped my quarterly taxes in the mail . . . . .

Sending estimated quarterly taxes to the Treasury via Certified Mail a week in advance of the deadline and every stinking time receiving a notice of late payment.

I then get to sit on the 26 minute wait only for an agent to tell me nothing. I then write a protest showing the ample evidence that they received my payment before the deadline. I eventually get a response letter months after the fact saying my protest letter has been received but due to a high volume of inquiries they cannot get to my letter just yet. I then get the "OK . . .we were wrong" notice 6 months after the fact alongside a freshly mistaken notice that the subsequent payment is late.

Wash rinse repeat forever.

And yes, I pay my personal quarterlies online and do not have this issue. This relates to an LLC small business with an antiquated bank and a few elderly co-owners that don't trust the internet.
cena05
AG
Bags or storage boxes that come with items, any item, but let's say a kid's puzzle, that give you no wiggle room to get everything back in the box unless each piece is turned the exact right way so that they could save half a cent on the packaging. Yes, I know that half a cent adds up.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.