Outdoors
Sponsored by

Things that make you irrationally mad

60,999 Views | 664 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by cena05
Tecolote
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Workers that just don't show up. And then give the dumbest excuses that don't even make sense.
AgRyan04
BenderRodriguez said:

People who make cairns on every hiking trail.

Don't get me started on trail etiquette!

The cairns and the one who bring their speakers instead of headphones so everyone on trail gets to listen to their electronic dance crap.

I also hike a lot in a nearby National Wildlife Refuge.....there are tons of NO DOGS signs everywhere (becauSe it is a National WILDLIFE REFUGE) and without fail I come across someone with their dog.

And to continue that thought.....people who let their dogs off leash in areas that ask for dogs to be leashed.

Oh geez, you got this grunpy old man fired up this morning
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
IIIHorn
BenderRodriguez said:

IIIHorn said:

BenderRodriguez said:

What we have here is a cairn Karen.

Cant believe this took 13 pages.

No managers needed though, I just kick them over.

So ...

You don't take them for granite?

Wahoo82
AG
Burdizzo said:

INIGO MONTOYA said:

Quite healthy people pre-boarding on SWA.

I flew out of Love Field once in the 1990s. Back then SWA still used the plastic boarding passes. The earlier you got to the gate, the lower the number on your boarding pass, and the earlier you could board. I got to the gate super early thinking I would get the first boarding pass. Nope, I got No. 15 or something like that. When it came time to board, Kay Bailey Hutchinson and one of her lackies showed up out of nowhere with passes 1 and 2.

No First Class seating, my ass.
Had a flight out of AUS to LAS once on SWA that had a row taped off with reserved signs on each seat. Plane is fully boarded, but we wait, and wait. Finally two black Tahoes pull up to the Jetway on the Tarmac and Gov. Rick and wife get out and board our flight in the "reserved" seats.

I hold most politicians in low regard and was pissed at one cutting into my gambling and vacation time because they could not be on time.
Furlock Bones
AG
BenderRodriguez said:

IIIHorn said:

BenderRodriguez said:

What we have here is a cairn Karen.

Cant believe this took 13 pages.

No managers needed though, I just kick them over.
yup. the cairn thing is completely out of control.
HtownAg92
AG
Wahoo82 said:

Burdizzo said:

INIGO MONTOYA said:

Quite healthy people pre-boarding on SWA.

I flew out of Love Field once in the 1990s. Back then SWA still used the plastic boarding passes. The earlier you got to the gate, the lower the number on your boarding pass, and the earlier you could board. I got to the gate super early thinking I would get the first boarding pass. Nope, I got No. 15 or something like that. When it came time to board, Kay Bailey Hutchinson and one of her lackies showed up out of nowhere with passes 1 and 2.

No First Class seating, my ass.
Had a flight out of AUS to LAS once on SWA that had a row taped off with reserved signs on each seat. Plane is fully boarded, but we wait, and wait. Finally two black Tahoes pull up to the Jetway on the Tarmac and Gov. Rick and wife get out and board our flight in the "reserved" seats.

I hold most politicians in low regard and was pissed at one cutting into my gambling and vacation time because they could not be on time.
Was flying back from Atlanta years ago and just before boarding, we got a vague "sorry, folks, we have a slight delay for a mechanical issue". Groan, piss, moan, etc.

It only lasted about 10 minutes and then boarding started. Head through the door and there were 41 and Barbara in the first row. They were boarded from underneath. So all was forgiven.
TX_COWDOC
AG
At the airport…..people that walk with the flow and then out of nowhere just stop in their tracks without any awareness of the people walking right being them.
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
zooguy96
Supervisors who don't have clear expectations written out - and then change adhoc expectations on the fly and never inform you of them….
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
oragator
One more…

People who say "do what?" When they don't hear you.
The phrase makes zero sense.

aggiesundevil4
AG
I know, right?

(Another phrase I don't like)
TX_COWDOC
AG
Huh?
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
HtownAg92
AG
oragator said:

One more…

My great-grandfather one upped his response when he couldn't hear with one that makes even less sense:

"You stepped in what?"

Got us every time.
Absolute
AG
Just Saying!
jwoodmd
TX_COWDOC said:

At the airport…..people that walk with the flow and then out of nowhere just stop in their tracks without any awareness of the people walking right being them.
The worst are the ones that stop at the end of an escalator to look around about where to go
Burdizzo
AG
jwoodmd said:

TX_COWDOC said:

The worst are the ones that stop at the end of an escalator to look around about where to go

Have we discussed people who stop their shopping carts in the middle of the aisle? Or the ones who park on one side of the aisle and stand in the other side looking for something?
chickencoupe16
AG
Burdizzo said:

jwoodmd said:

TX_COWDOC said:

Have we discussed people who stop their shopping carts in the middle of the aisle? Or the ones who park on one side of the aisle and stand in the other side looking for something?

What if I stop on one side, stand on that same side, but view items across the aisle. I have good vision and the distance allows me to see more. I only cross over to quickly grab what I have identified.
HtownAg92
AG
chickencoupe16 said:

Burdizzo said:

jwoodmd said:

TX_COWDOC said:

What if I stop on one side, stand on that same side, but view items across the aisle. I have good vision and the distance allows me to see more. I only cross over to quickly grab what I have identified.
Nope, you have to maintain a constant speed of 10 mph and reach over to the other side while in motion and hope that you grab the right thing.

/irrational grocery guy

I get frustrated as the next guy in the aisles, but where are you supposed to park to look at the other side of the aisle? Are you supposed to swing your cart over there, which could violate the "direction" of the established aisle flow?
Burdizzo
AG
chickencoupe16 said:

Burdizzo said:

jwoodmd said:

TX_COWDOC said:

I believe this to be proper etiquette. We all have to stop and stand somewhere, but don't block the entire aisle in both directions.
IIIHorn

88Warrior
Neighbors blowing their grass clippings in the street….
AgRyan04
HtownAg92 said:

chickencoupe16 said:

Burdizzo said:

jwoodmd said:

TX_COWDOC said:

Nope, you have to maintain a constant speed of 10 mph and reach over to the other side while in motion and hope that you grab the right thing.

/irrational grocery guy

I get frustrated as the next guy in the aisles, but where are you supposed to park to look at the other side of the aisle? Are you supposed to swing your cart over there, which could violate the "direction" of the established aisle flow?

If its a crazy busy aisle, I just leave the cart by the end cap, walk right through all the cart craziness, grab my loaf of bread, and carry it back to my cart about 12 seconds after leaving it in the first place.
mpl35
AG
Your damn cart just blocked me from getting the tortillas on the end cap.
HtownAg92
AG
mpl35 said:

Aren't the tortillas freshly made at the tortilleria in the bakery section at your store?

Deerdude
Tecolote said:

Workers that just don't show up. And then give the dumbest excuses that don't even make sense.

I'm in fast food. Had two sisters working when they could squeeze it in. Their grandmother died four times in a month.
chickencoupe16
AG
Deerdude said:

Tecolote said:

I'm in fast food. Had two sisters working when they could squeeze it in. Their grandmother died four times in a month.
My high school baseball coach always gave us a speech about making practice and workouts which invariably included the statement "...your grandma can only die so many times."
chickencoupe16
AG
Couldn't agree more
mpl35
AG
Not at my store
AgRyan04
mpl35 said:

Just move the damn cart, it's on wheels!
Courtesy Flush
AG
HtownAg92 said:

oragator said:

One more…

My great-grandfather one upped his response when he couldn't hear with one that makes even less sense:

"You stepped in what?"

Got us every time.

Was your grandfather's name Jack Morris?
TylerAg98
AG
my kids absolute refusal to turn out lights in the house when they leave even though I've told them to 9,000,000 times.

Recently, I unscrewed the lights in my 10 yr old's bedroom, hallway, bathroom, and closet. We have high ceilings so he can't reach them. After a couple of days, I granted him his lights rights back. Suddenly, I haven't found a single light on when he is not in the room.
AgRyan04
I won't replace bulbs!

I tell them that darkness is their punishment for not turning off the lights
rab79
AG
People turning left that refuse to pull completely into the left turn lane, if you do this in front of me I will do my best to deafen you with my horn.
PharmD4
AG
Paper towel dispensers where you have to pull the paper towel to release the dispenser. But the paper towels are so thin that they tear at the slightest pull.

Packages that have "Easy Open" on the labeling, and are a PITA to open.
Hehateme1
TX_COWDOC said:

I hate that crap !!!

And then at March In 2 years ago one of my favorite cousins called me when I was crossing the street. I stopped and then somebody bumped me. I looked up and I had stopped in front of one of the Corps units as they were leaving the Quad.

Humility struck me hard as I know that I have pissed and moaned about folks doing the same thing.
Jason_Roofer
Stumbled across this. This makes me irrationally mad. I don't know why other than what appears to be a perfectly good denim's jacket ruined with a fad embroidery marked down for cheap. Wish it wasn't so extensive or it would be worth unstitching it.

Wrangler Men's Yellowstone Denim Jacket https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/wrangler-mens-yellowstone-denim-jacket
Infinity Roofing - https://linqapp.com/jason_duke --- JasonDuke@InfinityRoofer.com --- https://infinityrooferjason.blogspot.com/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.