Outdoors
Sponsored by

Things that make you irrationally mad

60,984 Views | 664 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by cena05
Deerdude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
agracer said:

docb said:

I get mad at the people taking up the diesel pumps but I really think they have no idea. Should just make diesel pumps separate and we would not have to deal with this.
How is anyone supposed to know that some pumps have gas/diesel and some have gas only? It's not obvious until you pull into the gas lane that a pump has both handles. And honestly at the places I get gas, I assumed ALL the pumps had both, not just a few.

Diesel nozzles typically green but occasionally yellow.
Ethanol gasoline typically black
E-free gasoline typically blue.
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
I think most of us passed being able to call them "necessary tools" a LONG time ago…
docb
AG
agracer said:

docb said:

I get mad at the people taking up the diesel pumps but I really think they have no idea. Should just make diesel pumps separate and we would not have to deal with this.
How is anyone supposed to know that some pumps have gas/diesel and some have gas only? It's not obvious until you pull into the gas lane that a pump has both handles. And honestly at the places I get gas, I assumed ALL the pumps had both, not just a few.

Like I said, most people have no idea. If you drive a diesel you would know.
Tx95Ag
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

On the 2 lane portion between Madisonville and BCS, there are intervals where a passing lane is added. People that pull into the left lane only to go the same speed as the car they are following which stayed in the right lane are the king dip****s of left lane dip****s. You only get a limited stretch to pass for miles, and these morons F it up
I like to drive fast, but I drive a Jeep. I know, the two do not go together. But there is a special kind of ******* I get behind often. They drive 5 under until they hit the passing lane and suddenly they are doing 10+ over and I can never pass them. It's about the only time I hate driving a Jeep and I see it all the time on 36 South of Sealey.
cavscout96
AG
Volkswagen's insane choice of fasteners that no normal person has the the socket, wrench, etc size in there tool box.
HtownAg92
AG
docb said:

Next you are going to say that "those people" should have separate schools.

You are a rabid anti-gassite.

Tumble Weed
Greek organizations
TexasAggie73
AG
People that don't use their turn signals or turn them on in the process of turning.
Furlock Bones
AG
1431 between Lago Vista and Marble Falls. 2 lane winding road especially near Lago Vista. Several pull outs for slower drivers to pull over and let people pass. Multiple signs leading up to and at the pull outs that say "slow drivers pull over".

jagoffs continue to drive right passed them.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
docb said:

agracer said:

docb said:

Like I said, most people have no idea. If you drive a diesel you would know.
A new one for me the other day was one of the few diesel pumps being blocked by a Tesla... I usually give gassers the benefit of the doubt that all the gas only pumps were being used when they pulled up.
spud1910
AG
I ever realized how much we think alike. Kinda scary.
Woods Ag
AG
people that drive well under the speed limit on a 2 lane road only to speed up to 100mph every time it's a passing area with "Slower Traffic Keep Right"
BrazosDog02
AG
This is the best cloud yelling thread I've seen in some time.

Schmelba might be my personal hero.
Satellite of Love
dodger02 said:

People who don't use cruise control on the highway.
On this, the irrational breakers. People who brake randomly and can't control their speed. Add people who seem to be taking their time going down the road and then when you try to pass them they decide to speed up and speed.
BlueSmoke
SLOW TURNERS! If you have to come to almost a complete stop to turn your damn car, turn in your license.
Nobody cares. Work Harder
BlueSmoke
MOLON LABE stickers. Come on guys....enough already.
Nobody cares. Work Harder
Satellite of Love
EskimoJoe said:

People who don't know how to use apostrophes. The s on the end of a plural noun do not need an apostrophe. Apostrophes on the end of nouns create a posessive noun, not a plural noun. It isn't that hard to understand people. I get it and I went to highschool and college in Oklahoma.
People who shorten years and put the apostrophe on the wrong side. Listen people, it's '23 not 23'. Same goes for the younger crowd who put the $ after the number. It isn't 20$ as if you are speaking, it is $20.
TarponChaser
Maybe not "mad" but definitely sad for society...

...anybody else seen the Lexus SUV ad recently where they're driving through the woods and the radio is talking about a "Bear-squatch?" The kid in the backseat who has to be around 11-12 years old or older pipes up asking the dad "what's a bear-squatch?" and the Dad tells him it's a half-bear/half-sasquatch. The mom chimes in "great, now he'll never sleep again."

Really? A kid who is 11 or 12 is going to be so scared and freaked out over a completely made-up creature that he's going to have nightmares and not sleep? For ****'s sake, stop projecting and promoting this pussification of America.
clonebucky
AG
Well, I get that this is about things that someone else might tell you is no big deal but its bugs you anyway.

But I'll go with my kneejerk response from seeing this thread title in the outdoors section.

Meth-heads who steal your deer stands when the Corps of Engineers opens a horse trail next to your deer lease.

My reaction to that could be cited in Webster's for irrational.

Footnote: we moved to a new deer lease the next year.
Shane '91
agracer
AG
Deerdude said:

agracer said:

docb said:

Understood, but again, until I pull up to the pump, I have no idea that this one has diesel or not. And by that time, I'm not going to circle around again looking for an open spot, esp. if it's crowded.
agracer
AG
cavscout96 said:

Volkswagen's insane choice of fasteners that no normal person has the the socket, wrench, etc size in there tool box.
BMW does this well..some odd torix size or some other random fastener NO ONE ELSE USES!
agracer
AG
TarponChaser said:

...anybody else seen the Lexus SUV ad recently where they're driving through the woods and the radio is talking about a "Bear-squatch?" The kid in the backseat who has to be around 11-12 years old or older pipes up asking the dad "what's a bear-squatch?" and the Dad tells him it's a half-bear/half-sasquatch. The mom chimes in "great, now he'll never sleep again."

Really? A kid who is 11 or 12 is going to be so scared and freaked out over a completely made-up creature that he's going to have nightmares and not sleep? For ****'s sake, stop projecting and promoting this pussification of America.
a city dwelling 11 yr old is randomly afraid of creatures he's never seen nor heard off while traveling in the forest...that's just crazy talk.
spud1910
AG
The fact that to work on a John Deere tractor you have to have both metric and SAE.
arrow
AG
Most has been covered.

Electricians that install smoke detectors in unreachable places.
Modern gas cans that require aftermarket modifications to actually pour gas.
TarponChaser
agracer said:

TarponChaser said:

a city dwelling 11 yr old is randomly afraid of creatures he's never seen nor heard off while traveling in the forest...that's just crazy talk.

That a kid of that age is so sheltered? Yes, that's definitely crazy.
Josepi
AG
This isn't really outdoor related, but I coach my kids baseball team. Every game day I send out a group text reminding the parents of the game, what time to be there, what dugout we will be in, etc... and every time I ask that if your player will NOT be there, to please let me know so I can adjust the line-up.

Sure enough, every week I get 10 texts:
Johnny will be there...Petey will be there....Sam will be there.

I didn't ****ing ask who will be there. I asked who will not be there. Learn to read people!
docb
AG
agracer said:

Deerdude said:

agracer said:

docb said:

Understood, but again, until I pull up to the pump, I have no idea that this one has diesel or not. And by that time, I'm not going to circle around again looking for an open spot, esp. if it's crowded.

It's just more of a courtesy but you don't have to accept it. And if it's the only pump open then by all means anyone should choose that pump. At least now you know. I think most diesel drivers only get upset when there are several pumps open and a car is using the one pump that they need.
Deerdude
agracer said:

Deerdude said:

agracer said:

docb said:

We drive diesel cars but have a scooter, boats, lawn tools, 8N tractor that I only use non-E gasoline in . I'm always looking for the color coding before entering a pump lane.
docb
AG
agracer said:

cavscout96 said:

BMW does this well..some odd torix size or some other random fastener NO ONE ELSE USES!
BMW and Mercedes certainly install batteries in hard to get areas
schmellba99
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Driving with hazards on. It better be a blizzard or pea soup fog.
YOU.DON'T.DRIVE.WITH.HAZARDS.ON.

The ONLY exception (maybe) is if you are hauling ass to the ER because somebody is spurting blood out of their jugular in your back seat. But you better be laying on the horn, flashing your brights and anything else also.

Other than that - if you need hazards, you need to be on the side of the road in park.
schmellba99
AG
cavscout96 said:

This brought up another one that I can't believe I didn't think of yesterday:

Why do auto manufacturers (mostly domestic, but some foreign) insist on having standard and metric sized bolts and nuts? FUGGIN WHY???? Pick one - IDGAS - but pick ONE and go with it. Metric? Fine. Standard? Fine. But using both is enough to make me want to club baby seals in front of a room full of cancer children at St. Jude's.

Also....why can't auto makers find a way to use the same size bolt/nut as much as possible on a vehicle? Seems that would be a huge cost savings for them with purchasing, machinery, tools, etc. There is absolutely no reason almost every fastener can't be a 13mm or 5/8" socket. You should be able to grab one or the other (because you know it's metric or standard, you ******* auto makers) and do 90% of the basic automotove work required. The fact that I have to have 26 different sockets out, which I always grab the wrong friggin one, is enough that I would gladly vote "not guilty" if a mechanic went to Detroit and eliminated the entire engineering department at Ford, Chevy, Dodge, etc. in a fit of absolute rage and anger.
schmellba99
AG
TarponChaser said:

Hey, at least in that commercial the dad is actually driving. That's probably the only one.

Come to think of it, that commercial actually shows what appears to be a straight white maile and a straight white female with what we presume is their kid. It is an outlier.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
TarponChaser said:

The War Department and I laugh at that one. Our kids got their heads all full of crazy stories when they turned 4-5, not some 12 year old nancy boy

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Cromagnum
AG
- In right lane, and use turn signal to indicate pass, but turns into signal for line of cars in left to accelerate to block me.

- Wash vehicle and someone in front of me uses windshield wipers aggressively to get crap all over my clean car.

- Dragging a water hose, only for it to get stuck under a vehicle tire.

- Park vehicle in BFE at the back of a relatively empty lot, only to have someone park right beside you anyways.

ought1ag
AG
- Park vehicle in BFE at the back of a relatively empty lot, only to have someone park right beside you anyways.

sounds like they were trying to kidnap you

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.