Outdoors
Sponsored by

Things that make you irrationally mad

60,972 Views | 664 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by cena05
Tarponfly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Driving the speed limit in the fast (passing) lane.
ought1ag
CactusThomas
AG
mpl35 said:

Drawers not pushed in or cabinets left open. Apparently nobody in my house shuts **** but me.

Hey babe, What are you cooking for dinner tonight? And why didn't you ever tell me you were on Texags?!? I had no idea.
bexar
When people "answer" a product question on amazon with "I don't know."
CanyonAg77
AG
mpl35 said:

Drawers not pushed in or cabinets left open. Apparently nobody in my house shuts **** but me.
I didn't know my wife posted here
mpl35
AG
Wow. I didn't know you guys can't shut cabinets or drawers. I was raised to close gates behind you. Leave it as you found it. And by george, turn off lights, and close the cabinets and push in drawers. It is called not being a slob.

I walk into the kitchen sometimes and have 6 things to shut. Or the bedroom closet and the drawers are all open. Literally can't see what is in any of them but the top because they are all out. What kind an oaf is too lazy to push in a drawer?
CanyonAg77
AG
bexar said:

Facebook buyers who click the "Is this available" button

Though my favorite is the guy who replied to my Facebook ad for a used pickup, that I was asking too much and would never sell it for that much (I did)

Why someone felt compelled to argue with me over a vehicle he didn't intend to buy, I'll never know.
schmellba99
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

bexar said:

Though my favorite is the guy who replied to my Facebook ad for a used pickup, that I was asking too much and would never sell it for that much (I did)

Why someone felt compelled to argue with me over a vehicle he didn't intend to buy, I'll never know.
I do this.

And, not surprisingly, more often than not when I do get a response it is "no, I sold it already".
schmellba99
AG
Just an Ag said:

When Everybody is getting into one lane and some dude runs all the way up to the front expecting someone to let them in.

Also, anything that makes me take my cruise control off.
I used to hate that guy.

Then I became that guy, because the zipper method is the correct method and you merge at the merge point, not 3 miles back.

Agree on the cruise, highly annoying and at times more than that because of circumstances.
schmellba99
AG
Diddler_44 said:

When you have to answer 20 questions at the gas pump before it will turn on. NO I don't want a receipt. NO I don't want a car wash. If I wanted a f****ng car wash, I would go to the f****ng car wash. I want gas, therfore I came to the gas pump.
100% THIS

Popups of any and all kinds are maddening. I just want to perform X action, let me friggin do it. I don't want to answer questions, verify 200 things, etc. And now gas pumps have the videos that play while you are pumping to really annoy you.
CanyonAg77
AG
schmellba99 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

I do this.
I now irrationally hate you.
PharmD4
AG
A few more weird ones:
- when someone uses the oven, dryer, etc with a timer, but ignores the timers alarm. And it repeats…over and over.
- When the roomba gets stuck on a rug or something. I always hurl insults at it.
- same thing when Siri doesn't understand me. I hope those interactions aren't recorded.
Howdy Dammit
AG
When someone refers to a Payday as candy.
AgRyan04
Oh yeah, when my truck keeps telling me it can't understand "Call wife" when it did yesterday
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
mpl35
AG
schmellba99 said:

I used to hate that guy.

Then I became that guy, because the zipper method is the correct method and you merge at the merge point, not 3 miles back.

This for me. After seeing signs for people to please use the zipper merge in Steamboat summer before last, I finally started doing it since it makes sense. I used to get over at the first sign and ***** about the ones flying by
Jack Squat 83
AG
bexar said:

That person that plays hopscotch with you down the highway because they refuse to use cruise control or maintain a remotely constant speed.
Was pulling a trailer heading to El Paso once on I10 with the cruise on 75 or so. A little black Mercedes would zoom up doing 90 and blow right by me, only to then lag and 10 miles later I would have to go around them, then rinse and repeat 4 or 5 times. This went on for 3 or 4 hours and a couple hundred miles.

I finally pulled even to them on one of the passes to see who the hell was driving. A couple of older women were just talking up a storm, oblivious to it all. Had a frustrated chuckle after seeing that.
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
rab79
AG
agracer said:

schmellba99 said:

cavscout96 said:

Volkswagen's insane choice of fasteners that no normal person has the the socket, wrench, etc size in there tool box.
This brought up another one that I can't believe I didn't think of yesterday:

Why do auto manufacturers (mostly domestic, but some foreign) insist on having standard and metric sized bolts and nuts? FUGGIN WHY???? Pick one - IDGAS - but pick ONE and go with it. Metric? Fine. Standard? Fine. But using both is enough to make me want to club baby seals in front of a room full of cancer children at St. Jude's.

Also....why can't auto makers find a way to use the same size bolt/nut as much as possible on a vehicle? Seems that would be a huge cost savings for them with purchasing, machinery, tools, etc. There is absolutely no reason almost every fastener can't be a 13mm or 5/8" socket. You should be able to grab one or the other (because you know it's metric or standard, you ******* auto makers) and do 90% of the basic automotove work required. The fact that I have to have 26 different sockets out, which I always grab the wrong friggin one, is enough that I would gladly vote "not guilty" if a mechanic went to Detroit and eliminated the entire engineering department at Ford, Chevy, Dodge, etc. in a fit of absolute rage and anger.
I've done a ton of work on my Honda's and it's 10mm, 12mm, 15mm and 17mm...and that's about it. No Torix, no oddball sizes, standard push plastic fasteners that most everyone else uses.

I've never seen SAE and Metric on the same vehicle though. Who does that?

Ford
Courtesy Flush
AG
That ford pick-up tailgate lock is the most idiotic thing a vehicle manufacturer could ever do. Almost as bad are Chevrolet pick-ups that automatically lock the doors when the transmission is out in drive.
Jason_Roofer
I thought of one....

When I was job searching years ago....

Having to upload your resume, and then fill out all of the form fields with ALL OF THE BULLCRAP THAT'S ALREADY IN MY RESUME!
Infinity Roofing - https://linqapp.com/jason_duke --- JasonDuke@InfinityRoofer.com --- https://infinityrooferjason.blogspot.com/
mpl35
AG
Have to fill out the pre intake forms for dr visit, dentist, etc and then doing the exact same thing again at the office. Every time.
will.mcg
AG
It's not irrational BUT when selling on Facebook marketplace my ad clearly says "or best offer" and the idiots ask "what's the lowest you'll take?" You can't follow simple instructions. Automatically done talking to you. Waste of time. Goodbye.
ought1ag
AG
Howdy Dammit said:

When someone refers to a Payday as candy.
some people like getting candy more than bread
Absolute
AG
Definitely the left lane campers. Came back from parents weekend in Norman last Sunday. Whole drive until the border was relatively nice with people being respectful. Cross the red river AND LITERALLY EVERY vehicle moved into the left lane and stayed by the sharp curve a 100 feet from the river. Was almost bizarre. They also slowed down and I passed about 20 cars on the right because my cruise control sped stayed the same.

New one I've noticed that probably doesn't affect most. Google calendar populating addresses (a helpful thing) but insisting on including USA at the end of every address. As if I will be doing Inspections in a different country. Seems so unnecessary.

Printer technology still sucking SO SO badly after all of these years. Poor paper handling, jams, pulling more than one sheet, locking up, not handling envelopes. Come on! This is not new technology. It should be better!

Retailers deciding they should automatically add you to their email list and email you EVERY FREAKING DAY, when you bought some random one off item from them. I wouldn't mind the occasional email, but every day?
BCStalk
mpl35 said:

schmellba99 said:

I used to hate that guy.

This for me. After seeing signs for people to please use the zipper merge in Steamboat summer before last, I finally started doing it since it makes sense. I used to get over at the first sign and ***** about the ones flying by

It's fine for me with the exception of the single turn lane on an overpass. Merging on the bridge last minute when you knew the line started 40 cars back is a dick move and I'll sacrifice my fender to keep you out of it.
mpl35
AG
BCStalk said:

mpl35 said:

schmellba99 said:

I used to hate that guy.

It's fine for me with the exception of the single turn lane on an overpass. Merging on the bridge last minute when you knew the line started 40 cars back is a dick move and I'll sacrifice my fender to keep you out of it.

Yeah I'm not talking about forcing your way into another lane. Zipper merge is for when two lanes become 1. Not for One lane goes on and 1 lane turns.
Whaler
AG
AGGIE FOOTBALL!!
AgRyan04
CanyonAg77
AG
Whaler said:

AGGIE FOOTBALL!!
The theme is things that make you irrationately angry

Nothimg irrational about being angry over Aggie football
TOM-M
"How much did that set you back?"

If I wanted you to know, I'd have already told you.
LoneStarFree
Aggie football.
TX_COWDOC
AG
Modern 6-Pack holders that don't perform as intended.
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
aggiesundevil4
AG
What if I said the hard cider craze made me irrationally angry
TX_COWDOC
AG
I'd say you need to have a couple of these!
Perfect fall drink.

www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
aggiesundevil4
AG
I'll allow it.
LoneStarFree
TX_COWDOC said:

I'd say you need to have a couple of these!
Perfect fall drink.

That sounds and looks very good

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.