Outdoors
Sponsored by

Things that make you irrationally mad

60,998 Views | 664 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by cena05
sellthefarm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When I can't find a tool in my garage because I was too lazy to put it back in it's proper place the last time I used it.
mpl35
AG
TX_COWDOC said:

I used to own a practice near a Buc-ees. The local PD were routinely called to deal with smash and grabs in the parking lot. So there's my data. I don't shop. I go inside to hit the head and back outside.

Many times, such as tomorrow, I will have 4 rifles worth about $24k with me as I head to the range in Atascosa County. By fueling / parking at the pump, I allow enough distance where no one is looking into my cab.

That's what works for me. Cheers!
that's not data. Even if the number of smash and grabs were higher by the store and not by the pumps that's heavily biased due to few people being so selfish as to leave their cars at the pumps. So the percentage of unattended break-ins are what you need to consider. So without data I'm calling bs in this one doc
Jack Squat 83
AG
Caliber said:

Jack Squat 83 said:

Pulling over and fighting a crappy shoulder while pulling a trailer just to be nice and let someone pass, and then the a-holes don't wave or flash lights for a thank you. Always chaps my ass.
Seems like 75% of the time that someone pulls over to let me by, it is in the absolute dumbest place for me to be passing or for them to be pulling on to the shoulder, Up hill, coming up to a curve or any other no passing zone.

Put either me or you in danger and you certainly aren't getting a courtesy wave or flashing lights.

All you need to do is ride to the right side of the lane so that I can actually see around you and I'll pass when its safe.

Don't want to derail the thread but….

So you're confessing to being a tailgater? That's when most people pull over (me anyway) is to get someone off their ass, which btw isn't super safe. If the person in a hurry backs off until it is safe to pass that would help a lot.
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
TX_COWDOC
AG
Actually, it is data. It's also biased and influences my behavior. Please find something / someone else to focus your triggerd-ness on. Have a good one!
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
cupofjoe04
AG
With all due respect- I hear what you are saying, and people who leave their cars at the pump annoys me too, but only when the pumps are full.

But, do you have empirical data that backs up every decision you make? Seriously, we all have to just observe what is happening around us in the world, and make the choices that seem best to us. It doesn't mean we always make the right choice, but it also doesn't mean people are intentionally being a-holes about things.

Doc never claimed anything other than that this seemed like the best practice at the places they frequent. And I'm not gonna lie, if I had $24K worth of guns in my truck, you better believe I'm doing whatever I feel I need to do to protect them, regardless of the minor inconvenience it might cause to someone else.

I'm also guessing that there are open pumps available 95% of the time. Very rarely in today's world have I ever had to actually wait on a pump to open. And no, I don't have data for that.
mpl35
AG
cupofjoe04 said:

With all due respect- I hear what you are saying, and people who leave their cars at the pump annoys me too, but only when the pumps are full.

But, do you have empirical data that backs up every decision you make? Seriously, we all have to just observe what is happening around us in the world, and make the choices that seem best to us. It doesn't mean we always make the right choice, but it also doesn't mean people are intentionally being a-holes about things.

Doc never claimed anything other than that this seemed like the best practice at the places they frequent. And I'm not gonna lie, if I had $24K worth of guns in my truck, you better believe I'm doing whatever I feel I need to do to protect them, regardless of the minor inconvenience it might cause to someone else.

I'm also guessing that there are open pumps available 95% of the time. Very rarely in today's world have I ever had to actually wait on a pump to open. And no, I don't have data for that.
"It's safer and prevents breakins." That was the quote I think and by no way implied a best practice. You don't have to have empirical evidence but that is a bold claim. I find it odd. Parking directly in front of the entrance seems safest to me, but I'm not going to claim it is safest as a way to monopolize a spot others need.

I'm not sure about open pumps available 95% of the time either. I'd say 1/3 times I have to circle to find a spot or wait in line. And I see 25% of the spots with nobody pumping gas or near them as they are in the store for a quick run in.... So its a minor inconvenience but is based purely on some people thinking only of themselves.

We need less selfish people. Pull into pullouts to let people pass. Put your cart in the cart returns. What happened to the golden rule?
CanyonAg77
AG
agingcowboy said:

Martin Cash said:

MyNameIsJeff said:

Two cars semis side by side on the highway going slower than I am that I can't get around.

Yes, this! Two lane interstate. Both semis in the right lane. One of them is going 1 mph faster than the one in front of him. I'm going 20 mph faster than both in the left lane. Back semi sees me coming up and abruptly changes lanes in front of me causing me to have to hit the brakes and wait for him to pass the other guy…which takes several minutes. Infuriates me. Irrationally, perhaps.

How, sounds like I wrote this. We travel I-40 a lot between AMA and ABQ, and this happens at least 3-4 times every trip.
CanyonAg77
AG
oragator said:

People who think playing their car radio at decibel 130 through the neighborhood somehow makes them cool.
Karma, also known as hearing loss, is coming for them.
mpl35
AG
I'm adding people that leave carts 2 spots away from a cart return.

Also people that hike on trails with freaking speakers blaring. Shut up with that *****

Also people that leave trash on trails.

People that don't pick up after their dog takes a dump in the shared green areas.
cupofjoe04
AG
Speaking of the golden rule, would you want someone responding to you the way that you responded to Doc with your original post? With boo's, profanity, and calling them selfish? That, to me, was more out of line than leaving a car at the pump.

I'm sure you will find a way to justify why you are right and we are wrong, and why your lack of civility is OK even as you accuse someone else of the same thing. So, no need to defend yourself here, I'm sure that I am dead wrong. I'll take the L

But, I noticed that Doc has responded with patience and restraint, even after being cussed out. So, I'll gladly be on that team. Plus, maybe I get to shoot some cool guns someday?!?! Ha ha! jk

I guess we can add this to the list of things that irrationally annoys me- making an huge deal over relatively minor things.

Have a great day, and I hope you find plenty of open pumps the next time you have to fill up!
cupofjoe04
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

oragator said:

People who think playing their car radio at decibel 130 through the neighborhood somehow makes them cool.
Karma, also known as hearing loss, is coming for them.

Post of the day!!!
NotalentAG
AG
Paper Straws
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Mike Bravo said:

Gas pumps are not parking spaces. Fill up, then go park in a designated parking spot before you spend 10 minutes in the store. Quick Trips in the early mornings are the worse.
Bonus when it's a lawn crew pulling a trailer so they block BOTH pumps and don't actually buy any fuel.
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Dump trucks with the "stay back, not responsible for broken windshield" signs on the back of their truck. You think posting a sign absolves you from securing your ****ing load and property damage that may result?

Guaranteed these *******s actually believe it provides legal protection.
mpl35
AG
cupofjoe04 said:

Speaking of the golden rule, would you want someone responding to you the way that you responded to Doc with your original post? With boo's, profanity, and calling them selfish? That, to me, was more out of line than leaving a car at the pump.

Boo was in response to the guy that said "boo this man" so I did. Don't be thin skinned buddy. The "**** list" and other stuff is tongue in cheek since the entire thread is about irrational anger. I kind of thought that was obvious but maybe moving back to Texas has you stressed out? Not feeling the sarcastic humor down there? I'll 100% stick to selfish though. Or lazy. Either way it is ignoring others needs for your own self interest.

I'm sure you will find a way to justify why you are right and we are wrong, and why your lack of civility is OK even as you accuse someone else of the same thing. So, no need to defend yourself here, I'm sure that I am dead wrong. I'll take the L

But, I noticed that Doc has responded with patience and restraint, even after being cussed out. cussed out? If so that is the weakes cussing out ever. Grow some thicker skin. So, I'll gladly be on that team. Plus, maybe I get to shoot some cool guns someday?!?! Ha ha! jk

I guess we can add this to the list of things that irrationally annoys me- making an huge deal over relatively minor things.

that is the theme of the thread so go ahead.

Have a great day, and I hope you find plenty of open pumps the next time you have to fill up!
BrazosDog02
AG
TX_COWDOC said:

I used to own a practice near a Buc-ees. The local PD were routinely called to deal with smash and grabs in the parking lot. So there's my data. I don't shop. I go inside to hit the head and back outside.

Many times, such as tomorrow, I will have 4 rifles worth about $24k with me as I head to the range in Atascosa County. By fueling / parking at the pump, I allow enough distance where no one is looking into my cab.

That's what works for me. Cheers!

I have no problem with this. In 30 years, I've honestly never been inconvenienced by it. I've never NOT had an open pump even with people doing it. Either way, if my time is so short that I've become significantly impacted by you leaving your car there long enough to take a piss, then I've planned my day poorly somewhere along the way…..most likely it was the last three gas stations I passed because they weren't good enough, or expensive, or inconvenient and now I have 1/16 of a tank left and have no option left.
Deerdude
mpl35 said:

cupofjoe04 said:

"It's safer and prevents breakins." That was the quote I think and by no way implied a best practice. You don't have to have empirical evidence but that is a bold claim. I find it odd. Parking directly in front of the entrance seems safest to me, but I'm not going to claim it is safest as a way to monopolize a spot others need.

I'm not sure about open pumps available 95% of the time either. I'd say 1/3 times I have to circle to find a spot or wait in line. And I see 25% of the spots with nobody pumping gas or near them as they are in the store for a quick run in.... So its a minor inconvenience but is based purely on some people thinking only of themselves.

We need less selfish people. Pull into pullouts to let people pass. Put your cart in the cart returns. What happened to the golden rule?

Wife and I both drive diesels, so frequently have to wait on those thoughtless gassers that use our few pumps while gas pumps sit unattended. Yea I have a few higher end fire sticks and think right in front is safer than way out at diesel pumps, but to each their own.
mpl35
AG
I used to not even pay attention. But since I saw somebody *****ing about those diesels pumps I avoid them if there are other options! Never realized it might inconvenience some folks
schmellba99
AG
People
Simple projects that become anything but simple
Piss poor designs for things that should be easy to do (oil change or air filter change on a vehicle, for example)
People
People
cr06gis
AG
People driving too fast thru crowded parking lots.

People that just sit in their cars at a park near a playground. I don't care that's where you like to have your lunch. I am fantasizing about ways to murder you as I push my kid on the swing.
aggiesundevil4
AG
Maybe we can get this thread back on track.

Taxes. No matter the income level, everyone gets irrationally mad at taxes. Federal income, state, sales, NFA, carbon, etc.
big ben
AG
zooguy96 said:

1. People with the over-sized tires that stick out on the sides of their jacked-up trucks.
2. Any car with a bumper sticker that says "hoonigan" on the back.
3. People who get into the right lane to pass you who are going 20+ over the speed limit.

Probably because you drive a girls car
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
schmellba99 said:

People
Piss poor designs for things that should be easy to do (oil change or air filter change on a vehicle, for example)
People
People

Please tell me this is post 1 of 10. I was really looking forward to your reply on this thread and am kinda unsatisfied with this. What about HOA's, government inspectors, DEF, tap to pay devices that don't tap, hand sanitizer dispensers that are empty, wobbly tables, stuck casters, amazon no longer doing next day on anything anymore, bro country, burning the shoreline, high waist jeans on 20 something ladies?
schmellba99
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

schmellba99 said:

People
People
People

Please tell me this is post 1 of 10. I was really looking forward to your reply on this thread and am kinda unsatisfied with this. What about HOA's, government inspectors, DEF, tap to pay devices that don't tap, hand sanitizer dispensers that are empty, wobbly tables, stuck casters, amazon no longer doing next day on anything anymore, bro country, burning the shoreline, high waist jeans on 20 something ladies?
All of those can be summed up in "people"
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
schmellba99 said:

Milwaukees Best Light said:

schmellba99 said:

People
People
People

All of those can be summed up in "people"

Boo
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
big ben said:

zooguy96 said:

1. People with the over-sized tires that stick out on the sides of their jacked-up trucks.
2. Any car with a bumper sticker that says "hoonigan" on the back.
3. People who get into the right lane to pass you who are going 20+ over the speed limit.

Probably because you drive a girls car

I think he is talking about the completely useless Bro-Dozer with the rubberband tires that would get a flat anywhere but a parking lot that the flatbrim mullet kids drive.

JeremiahJohnson
AG
Cars that park at an empty gas pump and not get gas.

Also gas cars that use the only diesel pump at a gas station.
docb
AG
I get mad at the people taking up the diesel pumps but I really think they have no idea. Should just make diesel pumps separate and we would not have to deal with this.
Claude!
aggiesundevil4 said:

This!

And kinks in hoses too.
Don't kink shame.
DannyDuberstein
AG
On the 2 lane portion between Madisonville and BCS, there are intervals where a passing lane is added. People that pull into the left lane only to go the same speed as the car they are following which stayed in the right lane are the king dip****s of left lane dip****s. You only get a limited stretch to pass for miles, and these morons F it up
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Pulling up to a fishing spot and seeing all the ****ing garbage. Litttering should be a felony.
Jason_Roofer
docb said:

I get mad at the people taking up the diesel pumps but I really think they have no idea. Should just make diesel pumps separate and we would not have to deal with this.
Once you find the filling station that services big rigs, you won't go back to the peons' diesel pumps. Nothing like filling a 36 gallon tank in 2 minutes.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if there is a trucker thread where they complain about pickups using big rig pumps....

Hmmmmm
Infinity Roofing - https://linqapp.com/jason_duke --- JasonDuke@InfinityRoofer.com --- https://infinityrooferjason.blogspot.com/
BenderRodriguez
AG
aggiesundevil4 said:

Maybe we can get this thread back on track.

Taxes. No matter the income level, everyone gets irrationally mad at taxes. Federal income, state, sales, NFA, carbon, etc.

Anger at taxes isnt irrational.
ought1ag
AG
People who back down at boat ramp and then spend 15 minutes tying on lures, checking for life jackets, and just generally ******* around........do that sh$t up top and pull down when you are READY TO LAUNCH!!!!!!!!

If I ever murder someone I can assure you this will probably be the reason why.
Ogre09
AG
agsalaska said:

The DJ at Kyle Field.

I would die in prison if allowed to do to him what I want to do to do to him.

Courts ruled that's legal now. You do you, buddy!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.