Outdoors
Sponsored by

Things that make you irrationally mad

60,986 Views | 664 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by cena05
Burdizzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Utopia61 said:

I have a method of dealing with the folks who leave their shopping cart in the middle of the aisle while they meander over to the next aisle to pick up something. I get a couple of random items and put them in their cart.

Family planning items?
CanyonAg77
AG
Totally agree. The night sky is being killed by a million cuts. If you have a rural property, keeping it dark makes it harder for bad guys to find it. And it relieves them from having to use headlights or easily seen flashlights.

Burglar alarms and motion detection lights are the way to go
BlueSmoke
Asian, white Tesla owners. All of them. DIAF
Nobody cares. Work Harder
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

Jbob04 said:

What drives me crazy is people who live in the country and put up those dusk to dawn, all night security lights. I'm talking about the ones on a power pole that you can see for miles. If you need lights at night to feel safe, move your ass to the city.

165000%

Personally I wish the government would fine anyone who does not install night sky compliant lighting. I agree with you….you don't need 4 floodlights on your damn house. The dark isn't that scary and if it is you should live elsewhere.
Anyone who uses more than 100%.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Tumble Weed
This has turned into a Festivus for the rest of us, although we are supposed to celebrate on the 23rd of December.

I feel like an Airing of Grievances is perfect for the OB. I've got a lot of problems with you people, and now you're going to hear about it!

And now for another grievance of mine.

I just walked into Academy and they are playing Christmas music.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Jbob04 said:

What drives me crazy is people who live in the country and put up those dusk to dawn, all night security lights. I'm talking about the ones on a power pole that you can see for miles. If you need lights at night to feel safe, move your ass to the city.

Not everybody who lives in the country moved there
Utopia61
Celebrity worship. It seems to be growing exponentially. Celebrities are people just like all of us. Why do so many folks treat them like gods? I'm sick of seeing Taylor Swift's face. She may be a great person and I'm not criticizing her, but worshiping her and paying huge amounts of money to attend her concerts are signs that your values are out of whack.
schmellba99
AG
Utopia61 said:

Celebrity worship. It seems to be growing exponentially. Celebrities are people just like all of us. Why do so many folks treat them like gods? I'm sick of seeing Taylor Swift's face. She may be a great person and I'm not criticizing her, but worshiping her and paying huge amounts of money to attend her concerts are signs that your values are out of whack.
Ehh, we could apply this to a great number of things.

The worshipping part I get - because most of the time they are dumber than a box of rocks and spout stupid or flat out false information, or use their platform to push ideas and values that go against most of ours.

But we all pay huge amounts of money to be entertained - hunting, football, concerts, fishing, vacations, golf, etc. Doesn't mean that any of our values are out of whack, nor theirs. Like her music or not (I don't), she puts on a hell of a show and people pay for such things and always have. I say/said the same thing about Garth Brooks back in the day - I hated his music then, but readily admitted that the guy knew how to put on a showcase and entertain huge crowds.
HtownAg92
AG
Tumble Weed said:

This has turned into a Festivus for the rest of us, although we are supposed to celebrate on the 23rd of December.

I feel like an Airing of Grievances is perfect for the OB. I've got a lot of problems with you people, and now you're going to hear about it!

Agree with Festivus.

Disagree somewhat with the music rant -- yes, it is a bit too early for Christmas music, but to me, anything is better than the blaring Bro Country that is usually making my ears bleed when I just want to relax and look at soft plastics.
HtownAg92
AG
Utopia61 said:

If we have to be inundated with a celebrity's face, I'd much rather it be hers than someone "beautiful" that the woke world is trying to jam down our throats, like that manatee Lizzo or the purple-haired US-hating hypocrite soccer player or the dude that killed Bud Light.

Agree that there should be no attention given to her at a football game, though.
aftershock
Tumble Weed said:

Photo taken at the Katy Academy on OCTOBER FREAKING 5TH… the only thing I can think is that maybe because it is so close to the corporate store or they were shooting a commercial or something.
BrazosDog02
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

BrazosDog02 said:

Jbob04 said:

165000%

Personally I wish the government would fine anyone who does not install night sky compliant lighting. I agree with you….you don't need 4 floodlights on your damn house. The dark isn't that scary and if it is you should live elsewhere.
Anyone who uses more than 100%.

Touche.
rab79
AG
Jbob04 said:

When I built my country house one of the neighbors asked if I was putting in a security light, the answer was no I'm not paying 25$ (monthly cost at the time) for something that irritates me and the neighbor said good all these outside lights are a pain. Six months later the same neighbor had an outside light up.
JustPanda
AG
Travel Board
Deerdude
Speaking of bad neighbors, my place has been in family since 1941. All the old ranch families around us have sold to city folks with money but short on common courtesy or sense. The fellow to our west between us and George Strait, and that's another story, planted this nice irrigated food plot out there n front of his house about a mile from our fence. Then he installed two things that look like sports field light towers to watch what comes out into the food plot.
I just think that these city folks are scared of the dark.
agracer
AG
Windows 11....recently had to update and work and what a mess this OS is....
Ag83
AG
I reverted back to previous version. That update is a train wreck!
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Picky eaters. It's annoyed me since I was a kid. Especially people that eat the same stuff all of the time and refuse to try new foods. The types that would order a hamburger or something lame at a nice Asian or seafood restaurant. A few years ago when the Aggies played in the Orange Bowl, the announcers were talking about the NC QB Sam Howell and how he said that he eats nothing but chicken nuggets. I instantly disliked Howell for no other reason than him saying that he eats nothing but chicken nuggets. Yes, the fact that this annoys me so much is irrational.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

Picky eaters. It's annoyed me since I was a kid. Especially people that eat the same stuff all of the time and refuse to try new foods. The types that would order a hamburger or something lame at a nice Asian or seafood restaurant. A few years ago when the Aggies played in the Orange Bowl, the announcers were talking about the NC QB Sam Howell and how he said that he eats nothing but chicken nuggets. I instantly disliked Howell for no other reason than him saying that he eats nothing but chicken nuggets. Yes, the fact that this annoys me so much is irrational.
They are the ones that tell the waitress 5 different things and then get pissy when it's not exactly right and none of it really matters that much. "I said no tomatoes in the salad". Well then pick them out you toddler.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
TheVarian
AG
This. And people who can't eat stuff because of "textures"
TXAG 05
AG
TheVarian said:

This. Have never understood what that even means.
RK
AG
fill up your mouth with cottage cheese and you'll understand.
mpl35
AG
TXAG 05 said:

TheVarian said:

I've heard all about texture. That's the wife. Octopus for example she hates the chewiness of it. Of course she also is picky but I have gotten her to at least try stuff.
BlueSmoke

Do you have kids yet.....
Nobody cares. Work Harder
schmellba99
AG
TheVarian said:

This. And people who can't eat stuff because of "textures

I generally dislike most beans because of the texture, as well as the taste. It's like eating mud to me, I just don't like most mushy foods. Texture is a real thing to pretty much everybody. Except you, which you have going for you.
schmellba99
AG
BlueSmoke said:

Do you have kids yet.....
No kidding, thought he was talking about my oldest daughter for a second. She's at least gone beyond chicken nuggets though.
TheVarian
AG
Correct, I am a human garbage disposal. But to not even try it, irks me.
DatTallArchitect
AG
TheVarian said:

There are a lot of people that are bothered by texture. Most of us that like a good steak want a good crust on it. Chefs will take about textures when they critique food as well.
agracer
AG
mpl35 said:

TXAG 05 said:

TheVarian said:

I've heard all about texture. That's the wife. Octopus for example she hates the chewiness of it. Of course she also is picky but I have gotten her to at least try stuff.
There's a dirty joke in here somewhere!
MSL Ag
AG
The moles that are currently destroying my yard. Ever since we moved in 3 years ago, our battle has progressed to all out war. I've tried castor oil spray, putting down granule deterrent, putting down pesticide to kill their food source, the sonic noise makers, baiting, trapping, and stomping on their tunnels every chance I get to make myself feel better. Even had a professional come out for a couple weeks last year and trap them, but that got expensive quickly. But the moles are undefeated so far.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TX_COWDOC
AG
Round Toilets. Why do they still exist?

www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
Jack Squat 83
AG
Sensationalizing the news to push narratives. (not to get too political)

"1000 new record high temperatures set today, likely due to climate change". Duh, if every little town/city in an area keep records and then report it.......

The masses: "Oh no!"
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
grbgolf
AG
Pants pockets getting stuck on drawer pulls. Makes me want to rip out every drawer in my house (pulls have since been replaced)
People using the wrong form of a word (their, they're, there, etc....)
ought1ag
AG
Sticking with pockets.......make pants and shirts that a human man can get his hands in. I am 100% convinced they use the same size pockets on kids clothes as they do on XL mens. MY biggest complaint is when I try to put my phone or wallet into my front pocket and there is not enough room for it to fit completely.
Courtesy Flush
AG
When you are trying to enter or exit a store with two glass doors at the entrance, and the store has locked one of them. I cannot think of any good reason why they would do that and there is little more frustrating in my life than to try and use a door only to find out it's been locked. Can anyone enlighten me as to why a store would do that?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.